A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can you increase volume in Emdat - Violet S.

Posted: Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work.

I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.  Unforunately the loudest it goes up to is the most silent on my ear phones.  It's just very frustrating, so wondered if there was a setting in the Emdat program that would increase volume other than the little bar.

Thanks,

Violet

not through Emdat, but - EmdatQA

[ In Reply To ..]
you can change your set up to use Express Scribe to hear the dictation instead. I would ONLY do this on an emergency basis, though, because you can have unexpected complications when using ES.

On your log-in screen, click on options, then choose SCRIBE.EXE at whatever location you have ES saved. It will download your voice recordings to ES. The first problem you will see is that your recordings are not numbered like your job on the work station, so you could accidentally use the wrong recording for a report. Another more serious complication is that a job on your work station can get invalidated by accident (not because you do it voluntarily) when you delete a voice recording in ES, which you may or may not realize at the time it happens.

The true fix here is to either get a quality headset or change out the sound card in your computer. Changing out the sound card would be your best option. SoundBlaster and Turtle are good. SB is very inexpensive and it might cost you less than $100 at a local computer shop including labor.

edited to add that this is the first time I've ever heard of anyone having problems with low sound with Emdat, and with your problems with your headset, I would think it is your hardware.

Similar Messages:

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Emdat Compatible With EMDAT And Stedman's
Jan 02, 2010

Does anyone know if Windows 7 is compatible with Emdat AND Stedman's Smarttype? Thanks ...

Volume Control
Mar 25, 2012

Hi folks, Is there a way to turn the volume up or down using just the keyboard fod DocQscribe?  Thanks a bunch. ...

Volume Problem
May 01, 2013

Can anyone offer a suggestion?  Recently, I am unable to hear the dictation on some reports.  I have the volume all the way turned up, by using Ctrl +, and still cannot hear some reports clearly.  Makes work a little more difficult. After turning it all the way up, the next report will blast my ears out.  Too funny. TIA. ...

Prostate Volume
Dec 10, 2013

How would you type prostate volume was measured at 39.5 (cc cubed)? ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

S/l Parathagital Volume Loss On MRI
Nov 18, 2010

Thanks for any help! ...

Bayscribe - Is There A Volume Booster?
Jul 10, 2011

I always seem to have issues with being able to get the audio up to a comfortable volume on the Bayscribe platform.  I don't think it's an issue with my computer, as my other platforms have volumes that are just fine. Is there a volume booster somewhere on Bayscribe besides the obvious up and down button on the audio player that I'm overlooking?  I have all the settings up to maximum on my computer as well as having the audio player volume all the way up to no avail. TIA t ...

CommandHealth Volume Bonus
Apr 29, 2013

Does anyone who works for CommandHealth (Transform/MD-IT) know how the VRE volume bonus works? I tried to figure it out using the numbers on my pay report but I couldn't come up with the percentages we are supposed to be receiving according to the number of lines edited each day. It appears like it's only half of what it should be. ...

What Is The Key Combination To Adjust Volume
Feb 14, 2014

I can't seem to find it in any of my references, but I find that I'm adjusting the volume by hand for almost every report.  Thanks in advance! ...

Increased Volume Email From BR
May 15, 2015

Did anyone else receive an email from BR this morning stating we are to let her know if we are seeing an increased amount of work as she made changes to the settings so we'll receive more? They added this to our POD a week or two ago w/o letting us know and sent an email out after the fact. Nice to know they've added more work to our POD when we can't even clear out the work we're already getting... Thank you. ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Boosting Volume Of A Very Whispery Dictator!
Sep 12, 2012

I read on this website some time ago and there was talk about a piece of hardware you could connect to your computer that would boost the volume and I think it was called "boost or booster."  If anyone knows of this device I would love to get one.  Anyone remember what it was called or where I can get one?  Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

My Sista MTs. Get Ready For The New Excuse For Low Volume.
Feb 07, 2013

if you acct is in the southwest, all volumes will be low because of that winter storm ...

Keyboard-Fluency-Volume Problem
Apr 30, 2013

Has anyone experienced a problem with their keyboard today while typing reports in Fluency. When I hit the Control + key while in the body of my report (to increase the volume) it is also changing my font size to larger. When I hit Control - key (to lower volume) it shrinks my font size. I am talking about the number keypad to the far right of the keyboard. Thanks. ...

Is There A Keyboard Shortcut For Adjusting The Volume?
Aug 18, 2013

nm ...

Key Combination To Change Dictation Volume?
Apr 06, 2014

Can someone tell me how to change the volume of a dictation using the keyboard?  I find that I almost have to change the volume with each dictation - one is too loud and the next one is too soft.  I'm sure I must change the volume 20 times a day using my speaker button.  Is there any way to do this using the keyboard?  Thanks in advance! ...

Earbud Headphones With Volume Control?
Jul 31, 2014

Can anyone suggest a good set of earbud headphones with volume control?  I had some a long time ago but my cat chewed through them (lol).  I really miss the volume control feature and have just been using cheap ones but darnit I want/deserve some good headphones for myself!  TIA!     ...

Volume Control: Is There A Command On Enterprise?
Dec 14, 2014

For  the  last  2  days,  the  volume  on  Enterprise  seems very, very low.  First,  I  thought it  was  me (old age finally kicking  in).  Anyone  else   experiencing this?   I've  got my speaker volume  cranked up to the  top.  Is their some type  of  command  I  can  use? Thanks in  advance.   ...

Epic Takes Volume From Imedx
Feb 03, 2015

It's official, volumes low on Imedx due to Epic software roll out. ...

Computer Volume Control Boost. This May Help A Little
Apr 21, 2015

I have a Boostaroo and it muffles the audio when I turn it up on my headset.  Some of these dictators go back and forth in volume and I have caught several mistakes I made on deciding what I hear.   This simple Windows function might help some of you, I noticed a small difference right away. I am also looking into an app to download as I don't have room for a set of speakers up on my work area to plug headset into.   I am going to research more on this with  l ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...