A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Performance review and increase - NuanceMT

Posted: Aug 28, 2012

I have a feeling I am going to get laughed right off of this page, but here goes. At any point does Nuance offer a performance review and/or pay increase? 

Also, has anyone ever threatened to quit and were offered an increase to stay?

Im interested in reading the responses. From what - I have heard, everyone is paid the same.

[ In Reply To ..]
Which is ridiculous. I have never heard of a job in my life that didn't give raises or pay based on experience until I found this board.

It wasn't Nuance, but when I first... - ...started working for an MTSO...

[ In Reply To ..]
...instead of for the actual hospital where I had worked for years, I was trying to figure out how this strange "pennies per line" thing worked. (haha) I had only ever been paid hourly, with annual (small) pay raises until I was at the top of the range; but then, we got a lump sum each year after we were at the top of the range, to correspond with the percentage of pay increase the facility had given that year.

No mention was made by the MTSO of any kind of pay increase after a certain period, annually, or whatever. So, after thinking about it for a while, I kind of realized what that meant; but I asked my manager, just to be sure: "How does one ever increase their salary in the future, after being with the company for a few years? Does this mean I just have to produce more and more if I ever want to earn more?" Of course, she said, "Yes, basically, that would be how you could earn an increase in pay."

Kind of awful, isn't it.

raise - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Not that I am aware. You keep the same pay. Been here for over a year. I do not believe any MTSO ever gives a raise. You just have to type more to make more.

performance review and increase - tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
They would never offer a raise to keep you. We can always be replaced.

raise - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Asked or better yet commented about needing a cost of living raise in a survey and was told they are constantly looking into competative rates and such.....whatever

I think we have all heard the phrase - poor

[ In Reply To ..]
"Our industry is undergoing a lot of changes..." then nothing good after that ever. The changes are coming from the huge MTSOs themselves who have other lines of revenue calculating how much chopping of pay they can get away with, then all the smaller MTSOs following suit to compete and/or getting swallowed up by the big ones anyway. There oughta be a law.
US Antitrust Laws, but - Des
[ In Reply To ..]
These laws protect American buyers from price gouging, rather than American workers from âwage gouging.â

As long as the rich buyers are happy, the American worker will continue to suffer.

Please SM - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I started to type a very long, involved message and then thought better of it. I don't want them to have the satisfaction of knowing how much they have hurt me. They will never, ever offer you more money, no matter how wonderful and experienced you are (and I, for one, believe that you are wonderful and experienced and awesome at what you do). Bring yourself to a different level and value yourself because they never will. I sincerely hope that you will take this to heart, because it is the God's honest truth. I could say more, but why give them the satisfaction? They are horrible and disgusting and could not care less about any of us. Cut your losses and move on.

no raise, - no pay increase

[ In Reply To ..]
The only way you can make more money with this company is to type faster, edit faster, work faster....many cases this cannot be done w/out sacrificing our QA..which is a complete different little game they play in itself.

I left this company when it was Focus for no work/lack of pay. I was promised more to come back and I didn't get crap but the same as what I was making. This is the only job that I know of that you do not get a raise, no matter how wonderful you are. Heck you can work at McDonald's or even Target, etc and you are given at least a few cents raise a year, but sorry not hear at Nuance.

Similar Messages:

90 Day Performance Review Includes Weeks Without Work!
Oct 14, 2010

I have just reached my 90 day evaluation period with a company but they are saying that I have not reached my 1000 line count per day and that they are putting me back to "part time" employee status because of it.  I won't get any holiday pay accumulating now.  What bugs me is that for a few weeks they didn't have any work available to me and they are including this time to average my line counts.  I do well over 1000 lines per day when there is work.  Also, they as ...

Softscript - Past Performance Is Any Indication Of Future Performance
Jan 30, 2012

to download.  That's frutiy.  Managment of workflow has changed too.  They have been putting H and P's that are more than two hours old through.  That's fruity.  Jobs come totally out of order based on job numbers and date stamp.  That's fruity.  They will never get it together if past performance is any indication of future performance.  ...

How To Pend A Report For Review When You Are On 100% Review
May 12, 2014

Help.  I know you send a report with no questions with Control N but forgot how to send reports for review. ...

I Need To Increase My Pay....
Feb 08, 2012

....as I'm about ready to get kicked out.  I have been working like crazy and was shocked when I saw my paycheck but at least I have a job.  Please tell me what I can do to get more lines per hour.  If I turn the clock off when I get up, then I have to make up that time to get my eight hours in.  Too tired by the end of when my shift is to stop to do more typing/vr.  I need hints/ideas/etc!!!!!  Thanks :) ...

Trying To Increase Speed...
Sep 25, 2010

Does anyone have any hints/suggestions/help for working more quickly in Powerscribe editing radiology reports?  The program seems a bit sluggish and you have to wait on it when you want to go on to the next step/next report.  Any hints for copying/pasting more quickly, etc?  Any info would be greatly appreciated as I am trying to increase my speed.  TIA ...

Best Way To Increase Lines
Jun 27, 2013

I've been doing work via escription for about a month and a half now (Transcriptionist most of my life) and i really like it.  I am just up to about an average of 300 lines per hour though. I have heard/seen people do much better with the line count, and I wonder what your input is.  Some say that you shouldnt use the mouse and should only use the keyboard for quick editing.  I use the mouse still. I have my short cuts in and such, but for the most part i keep my hand on the ...

How Can I Increase Productivity?
Apr 23, 2015

I do transcription work for several different doctors and get a lot of pre-generated reports that just need editing.  Is there anything at all that I can do to increase productivity? Thank you all!  ...

Idea To Increase Production
Apr 27, 2010

A while back I was trying to think of some things to increase my production, so I sat down with paper and pencil and made a list of the biggest things that were slowing me down.  At the top of the list were three main things:  Nine different accounts with nine totally different CPs, ESLs, and ASR.  I decided to work on the CPs first.  This one little trick has actually DOUBLED my production over the last two months.  My thought was that maybe if I had all the CPs for all ...

Increase Line Counts?
Jun 26, 2010

I kind of feel dumb even asking this question but how does one get these 300 lph counts I've read about on here?  I have 12 years plus years experience and have only worked in 2 different hospitals.  We never had expanders so I don't really know much about them.  I average about 180 lph but am realizing now working for an MTSO that I am going to have to increase my line counts.  Thanks! ...

What Caused An Increase In Shorter
Dec 22, 2010

Not long ago, work was abundant for all MTs, but then it seemed that changed when for some reason, turn around times were shortened markedly.  What caused this?  Was is just a new way for companies to compete, promising that the work would get back sooner than a client's current MT service, or did something more technical occur, such as government regulations, insurance requirements, etc.  I see jobs by the hundreds on the web and yet the complaint is always the same: No work ...

Increase In Cost Of Benefits
Mar 09, 2011

Help!!! Okay, I've been working PT for MQ for 7 long years.  I am considering going FT just for the benefits because no one can live off of minimum wage. Because information on open enrollment will not be available until late April/May for June 2011, I need to know if the rates normally go up and by about how much?  Please, I only want to hear from MQ (not recently new to MQ from Spheris or non-MQ people) people who have been full time for the ...

What Are Some Ways To Increase Productivity? Nm
Apr 17, 2011

x ...

Can You Increase Volume In Emdat
Jul 26, 2011

My Emdat voice quality has been very low recently.  Unfortunately my ear phone cord broke and I ordered new earphones but it's just a whisper.  I've increased the volume button on Emdat, but wondered if there is a way to increase the volume otherwise.  I've done everything on my computer to make the volume loud but it doesn't work. I just ordered a new 2nd set of earphones along with a volume increase thing from Amazon and was so excited to get it in today.&nb ...

How Do You Increase Sound Quality? Sm
Jul 11, 2012

I have a service that rerecords from the hospital server and then we download from the service's server.  The sound quality is absolutely atrocious by the time it comes to the MT with most jobs sounding like they were dictated on a cell phone inside a cardboard box.  I am presently using a Boostaroo which make the audio louder but does nothing to clean it up.  Is there something I can buy that will improve the quality?  TIA ...

Increase Dictation Volume?
Jul 24, 2012

Is there anything at all I can do to increase the dictation sound volume when I get these whisperers or people using cell phones, etc, and I can hardly hear them?  I guess some of them are just sitting too far away from the dictating equipment, but they are never going to change.  They are always going to be barely audible. Is there anything I can do or buy to amplify the sound with these dictators?  I already have my computer and speakers set on the highest volume.  I' ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

3% Increase In Hourly Earning
Apr 17, 2013

how can that be when there is no work.  I surely have not had an increase.  I am lucky if I get 40 hours in 2 weeks instead of 1 week.  What a joke! ...

Performance Management
Oct 12, 2010

I haven't been put on PM yet but fear I might.  Got an email that said I had a "low-scoring feedback report."  It was for using follow up instead of followup (I know better) and then omitting the word "the."  Now, I will own up to these mistakes, they WERE my mistakes, but by no means life-threatening in any case.  But apparently this caused my score to drop below 98%.  Now I'm terrified they are going drop my pay by 3 cents a line, and I am already in danger of not being able to ...

QCs/performance Coaches
Nov 05, 2013

is there something going on with QC/perf coaches? got an email from mine today saying she was no longer our QC, no details ...

Performance Management?
Jan 20, 2014

Would like to hear about personal experiences with performance management......Anyone having a difficult time meeting expectations in production and/or quality?  ...

Performance Punishment
Mar 31, 2014

Are there any companies out there who do NOT punish their good employees?  I have never worked a place yet where good performance is NOT punished.  We're the "go-to" employees.  We're the ones who can always be depended on, work overtime, do more than the required work, report to work on-time, and rarely or never call in sick.  We're the ones who are told we're invaluable, indispensable, and that our company wishes they could "clone."  Then what happ ...

Performance Mgmt
Jul 13, 2014

on perf mgmt cause failed auditx wiht 99.34 or something like that. got verbal warning in ultipro. what happens next? ...

Performance Coach
Dec 29, 2014

Has anyone ever had issues or been targeted by performance coach?  If so, how did you handle it?  Thanks. ...

To Performance Coach
Mar 05, 2015

Most of us are typing for many, many different hospitals.  If you send out e-mails lumping all the hospitals together with helpful hints on what we are doing wrong and what we should be doing, where should we be filing these e-mails for future reference?  If we take too long to try to find the info in your e-mails, that gets counted against us in the Inactivity Graft that we have to stare at each day.  Unless you have a better suggestion, could you please simply split up ...

There Is Mild Increase In The Nasopharyngeal S/l Torrus With SUV Of 6.6. TIA ~nm~
Oct 27, 2009

xx ...

Question About Zillionth Of A Cent Increase ? Sm
Apr 13, 2010

remember email few weeks back with our so-called "increase" in line rate.  mine was an magnificent 0.001 per line but didn't show up in last paycheck.   Was this error/missed or did they decide we weren't worthy of that huge amount of money either.   ohhhh my aching head .... ...

Feng Shui To Increase Production?
Sep 29, 2011

Has anyone arranged their workspace using feng shui, and have you seen a difference in production/income because of it? I am willing to try anything to get a self-imposed raise at this point. It could be mumbo-jumbo, but it has been around for thousands of years.  Perhaps there is something to it?  Thanks for any replies and suggestions.  ...

I Haven't Seen Any Increase. This Is On Their Ad Posted Today.
Apr 27, 2012

We offer a multitude of benefits: •  Increased line production rates •  A 6-tier bi-weekly incentive plan that rewards for quality and productivity ...

Don't They Realize These Calls Do Not Increase Moral But Rather
Oct 15, 2012

It's no secret that on the charts and pies, there is the "elite" mgt team where all the money is funneled and then the lowly worker bees, aka MLS who allow that mgt team to enjoy the life they've become so accustomed to.  Why bother to have such a call to just rub it in everyone's face?  ...

Salary Increase Expectations After Getting CPC, CCS Credentials
Feb 03, 2013

I just landed an entry-level position as a hospital outpatient coder!  Yay!  It is a foot in the door towards my new career.  After I sit for and get my credentials (I have 0 experience in this field), I plan on giving my passing credentials to my HIM director and to HR.  Is it appropriate to ask HR when I do my hiring paperwork/orientation what salary increases are given for credentials and per credential?  I am not really sure that is the right time or place to discuss ...