A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Where to even begin? New Vern email - broken promises

Posted: Aug 17, 2012

I just could not even get through the email without throwing up a little in my mouth.  Cadence of communications?  Is that why we have no comp plan yet? Future priorities?  Like what a new office space or more team building exercises?  Are we the MTs even on that list of priorities?  And my absolute favorite- Proud to work for Mmodal?  No.  Not even close.  Try embarrassed and ashamed and when people ask what I do I usually lie.

If this is the improved communication I would rather they go back to radio silence. 

I appreciated the email. I like to know what goes on behind - the scenes when it comes to the place I work for.

[ In Reply To ..]
At least you heard it from him rather than having to google and read about the latest update on the internet.

Hee, hee. Glancing at your post thought it said you like to know - what goes on behind your back. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

New compensation package - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
I see a lot of posts about awaiting a new compensation package. Why do you assume that will mean more money? What I have been expecting is that they will announce that the top rates for MTs will henceforth be 8 and 4 cpl with no exceptions since this is what most of the MTSOs are paying. I think the only reason they haven't done this yet is because they've been losing experienced MTs even at the current rates and are a bit afraid of losing more when the reduce the rate of compensation still further. Nevertheless, I think they will try it eventually.

So why do you think she referred to it as an "enhanced compensation package"? - if you are anticipating a paycut? Enhance means m

[ In Reply To ..]
?

enhance means more, to increase and improve. - I meant to say.

[ In Reply To ..]

I agree. with above post. You already received - enhanced compensation package.

[ In Reply To ..]
You already received the enhanced compensation package. The new 401K that came about and now the BOOST PROGRAM. That is your new enhanced compensation package.

Oh... did you see Amy's new enhanced compensation package?? Just go to Google and type in her name, company name and salary. There ya go. It is all laid out for you and even in the SEC filings.

By the way, she can NEVER relate to us and understand our pay and how difficult it is for us to put food on the table because she is too busy traveling the country or playing tennis.

That's what I was thinking too, especially... - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
because they also say they will be looking into "industry standards" and new hires, no matter what tier, are only offered 4 cpl for VR. "Enhanced compensation" is vague and could apply to many other things besides pay. Of course, however, I hope it means something good..

And to the other poster - you don't need to keep defining what "enhance" means. We're all MTs and know the meaning of the word ; )

Yeah, but why put the two words together in the same sentence? - ehance = increase, improved and compensation = pay

[ In Reply To ..]
Seems you all *WANT* a paycut. You keep harping on pay cuts..whats up with that?
read more here - Drone
[ In Reply To ..]
He actually does talk about us:

http://www.virtual-strategy.com/2012/08/17/mmodal-and-one-equity-partners-announce-successful-completion-acquisition-mmodal
You're right Drone MTs are mentioned in the press article. - the link to that is also in the email he sent.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I think it's sad, - workingtogetout
[ In Reply To ..]
but most people just expect the worst with this industry any more and the big 2 in particular. It would truly be shocking if they did anything good for their employees.
Well the thing is, I constantly read posts on this forum - where people are talking about
[ In Reply To ..]
Paycuts. I understand that there has been paycuts in the past, but to present I have yet to hear anything about a paycut.

Seems like some of these people are in a hurry to get a pay cut because thats all they talk about; makes no sense.

If you expect the worse, you get the worst. If they were going to cut pay then why call it enhanced compensation plan?

I would think the best phrase to use would be "Modified Compensation Plan" if they planned on lowering it.
"Thats (sic) all they talk about" - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
People can express thoughts, and that's the first and only time I've "talked" about MAYBE a paycut.
Yes, I expect the worse and so does my husband. - When it comes to this company.
[ In Reply To ..]
I started out making 10.00 an hour back in 1989 working for this company, Medifax. It was hourly wage. Then Medifax merged with Secrephone. Still made the same pay, but was paid by the line. Then merged with another company and became The MRC Group. I received my first raise in 1994. Then the company was bought out and became Medquist. I received my second raise in 2000. Then I demanded and fought for another raise in 2003 when I found out my friend was making 9.89 cents a line and was making 9.65. I received that raise. So that makes 3 raises since 1989.

THEN I WAS TOLD I WAS GRANDFATHERED IN AND THEY CUT MY PAY. Along with incentives, especially when working weekends, no appreciation, treating me like I am a computer, etc.

So yes, I expect the worse with this company.

What am I doing about it? Almost done with school and getting out of this sweat job profession. :)
You seriously need a reality check - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
... or, I'm thinking you haven't been around very long. I've been with MQ/MM for 16 years and there isn't enough time in the day to line-list all the pay cuts I've had with this company.
Love your post! So agree. Been with them - for 25 years.
[ In Reply To ..]
Made more the day I started than I do now. Getting out of this field.
Yep. Already received compensation known as the - boost program-our enhanced pay. NM below
[ In Reply To ..]
:(
Your post has me laughing - janedoe
[ In Reply To ..]
You must be new. When have you evvvver known the big 2 MTSOs to do anything good for their employees? Do you think they got to be the *big 2* by "enhancing" employee pay?

Oh my gosh your post just makes me laugh out loud all over again. Your dream world is truly, truly funny. I want to live there too! HAHAHAAH

MT Rewards aka paycut - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Okay, as of this week I have been away from M*Modal (the Q when I left) for about a year. My experience was this: shortly after the Q bought out Spheris I received an Email-subject MT Rewards Program. I excitedly opened it, hoping for the best despite all I read here. Yup, I was rewarded with a 0.12 cent increase for typed lines, and a 0.05 cent pay CUT for ASR lines....need I say more, apparently nearly every MT from Spheris received a similar "reward." A short couple months later I received another Email, don't even recall the subject line, but my pay was cut again to "bring pay in line with industry standards." I left a few weeks later.....to a full time job I had waiting on the back burner!!! So take my experience for what it's worth, but if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, pretty good bet, it's a duck!!! Just sayin'.

How many years ago was that? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Enhanced compensation could be the opportunity to pay more - into more comprehensive insurance. It SM

[ In Reply To ..]
could be more options avaiable in Benchmark. It could have something to do with that numbers game they call a 401K plan. They could have a deal with an expander company so we would be able to buy an expander at a reduced cost. It could even be something like they will pay for lodging to any MT who wins a trip to go to AHDI, or whatever it is, regional meeting. Compensation certainly does not only apply to money and I can't see MM paying us any more than they already do.

Well whatever it means, it certainly does not imply a pay cut. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Like the lawsuit. MTs were winners but what did they win? What would - MT win with this new comp pkg? nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I personally dont give a hoot about the comp pkg. I just wanna - know why everyone thinks pay is being cut?

[ In Reply To ..]
Again, no mention of paycuts to date. So why all the posts about paycuts?

To heck with the comp plan.

I dont know why they think pay cuts, but sure dont think we should - hold our breaths waiting for pay increase. nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x
Not holding my breath on an increase either, but certainly - tired of reading about paycuts that dont exist.
[ In Reply To ..]

Dont care about the lawsuits either, only concerned with the here and now.. - so about these paycuts?

[ In Reply To ..]
Why do you all want a paycut so bad?

Thumb me down all you want, but thats all you guys talk about. Please post sources or referrences as to where you have *RECENTLY* been informed of a paycut, NOT last year or the year before, but recently?

If no source, why all the assumptions?

okay we got it - you do not think there will be a paycut

[ In Reply To ..]
got it. I just wish they'd let us know one way or the other. They said early summer. This is early summer by no one's definition. If they cut my pay I'm giving notice and going to look for something else. So I kind of just wish they'd get it over with.
I doubt there will be a pay cut per se, - however,
[ In Reply To ..]
it is doubtful we will see any effort made to increase pay just to keep up with the rising cost of living. I make the same now as I did 20 years ago, so in effect have been experiencing yearly pay cuts pretty much every where I've ever worked.

MQ/MM has NEVER "announced" a pay cut - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
But they've done it dozens of times over the years in very subtle ways that people don't even realize. Ever wonder why there's a "headings list" now for our documents? We used to be paid for headings and we're not being paid for them anymore when they come from the headings list.

We might also talk about ASR which according to all the hype leading up to it was going to be a "boon" that would increase our pay exponentially by allowing us to "produce more" in spite of the decreased pay. I don't know about you but I am working harder than I ever have with ASR and I have yet to see the "boon" in pay they insisted we would see. How about you?

What about the information they keep adding to the ADT for us to type in for free (surgical assistants/anesthesiologists, etc) that we used to type onto the report and actually be PAID for? I do 99% op reports - trust me, that's a huge pay cut.

The list goes on and on and on. No company in their right mind is going to ever "announce" a pay cut ... any smart company will do it little by little, bit by bit so that the employees don't even notice.

If you ask 99% of the MModal workers on this forum exactly WHAT they are paid for and what they AREN'T, I'm completely certain you will not find ONE SINGLE WORKER who can accurately tell you. I challenge you to look in the employee handbook to find out what we are paid for and what we aren't. Can you easily find it?

One last question. Do you have ANY IDEA how many times Medquist/MModal has been taken to court by their employees for fudging on pay and not paying for things we should be?

They get away with it because MModal likes to keep us confused and likes to keep changing the rules of their game because that's how they ensure that THEY WIN. They keep us working, and keep us guessing about what they even pay us. No other industry on EARTH operates this way. I promise you that even McDonald's employees know exactly what they are paid. MModal is operating this way because they have been ALLOWED TO by their employees. Even a teenage kid would quit McDonald's if he/she wasn't paid what they agreed to. That says a lot about US.
Last July - didnt they announce
[ In Reply To ..]
They spelled out the max pay for everyone at that time, didn't they? and it was less than some were making am i not right?
Yes, they call it being "uniform with industry standards" - MME
[ In Reply To ..]
In all their corporate correspondence they keep saying they will be making their pay "uniform with industry standards".

Industry standards are 7/4 cpl regardless of your experience, which is exactly what most companies are paying right now no matter where you go. If you have 1 month or 20 years experience, everyone is paid the same across the board.

For me, that would be a big PAY CUT for both straight typing and ASR - I'm earning 8/5 cpl, and I'm already on Food Stamps and can barely afford to support myself and my son on what I earn. If MM cuts my pay to "meet industry standards" I will literally go under.
And, sadly, that would be on you. Nobody has a gun to your - head and fingers taped to keyboard. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
Ohhhh... I remember you - you're that troll from a few months ago - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I thought we had seen the last of you but I see you're back again. I recognize your writing style! You're the one who posts all that kooky crap as multiple people/personalities trying to get everyone pissed off and fighting with each other. I've got your number.
And what number is that? I think many people post who feel the - same way, not just one. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
Ya think?
TROLL ALERT - MME
[ In Reply To ..]
YEP, you're right. Same troll.
Of course whenever some disagrees with you people - they have to be a troll..whatever.
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, what number is that? I agree that nobody is holding - anyone of hostage...recognize my
[ In Reply To ..]
writting style? Maybe I am one of her multiple personalities or maybe Im a suite...or maybe Im a company cheerleader or a troll.

Who knows, who cares. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and just like you have yours, we have ours.
You're referring to yourself as "we" - that's just too weird! - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
At least just post as one person. Posting as several is just ... weird.

You're the one that even argued against yourself a few months ago - you posted as one person then you posted an argumentive reponse as another. You seriously need to find a hobby.
LOL...really? I argued with myself, I have multiple - personalities and I am a troll? Okay
[ In Reply To ..]
if you say so. When you cant win an argument you result to calling people trolls or the same person.

I actually justed butted in on the other poster or posters. Just because I agree with her, does not make me her or a person with multiple personalities. Looks like she's gone and probably got sick of the childishness. I think I'll be exiting this site myself, I've got bigger and better things to do besides go back and forth over a bunch of nonsense.

Thankfully, I have a life and even though I work for MModal I have money to spend how about that? Guess I'll go shopping now.

Enjoy your day at MT Stars!
I hardly ever post but I agree. If you cant make a living doing - MT, you need to find something else. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
:'
Same person wrote this as all the other argumentive posts - janedoe - n/m
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I whole heartedly agree!! If ya cant make a living, whats - stopping you from moving on?
[ In Reply To ..]
And why is it that anyone who has a different point of view has to be the same poster with multiple personalities?
Didja see the job possiblities up top? Pay more than MT - and no degree required. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
wde
Totally agree. Women are more likely to beleive MTSO has - their best interest at heart. Also SM
[ In Reply To ..]
women are more likely to think it is so hard and complicated to be concerned about their own financial well-being that they are glad to have the MTSO just print out the check and send it. I agree most MTs have no idea how they are paid and most dont even bother to verify their line counts are correct. How many have gone into Documanage to see how any particular job was paid? I think the MTSO uses to their advantage the fact that most MTs are women. What man would ever work and be paid under these same circumstances?
"That says a lot about US" - No that says a lot about YOU. - Dont lump me into your misery.
[ In Reply To ..]
99% of the MModal employees of this board does not represent the total 5,000 US MTs employed by MModal.

And why are you entering demographics for surgical assistants and anesthesiologists on the ADT screen? Must be your account. I do a lot of OP notes myself and have never seen this.

Trust me, if I wasn't being paid good and satisfied with my income and felt like I was being taken advantage of I wouldn't be here; unlike the majority of the folks on this board who come here to gripe and complain, I would have moved on a looong time ago.

You and all the unhappy posters on this board cant speak for everyone, not everyone is as miserable and bitter as you all are.
OH YEAH, I remember now!!!! - MT poster
[ In Reply To ..]
I remember you!! You're the one who was going to single-handedly turn this into a *happy forum* by relentlessly hounding everyone into posting only happy and positive thoughts. I remember now, your last post just jogged my memory! Yep, same person. You can easily see the exact same writing style for all their posts. Good eye!

Everyone needs to be on the watch out for this person - her arguments with herself as different personalities caused a lot of problems on this forum a few months back.
You guys are a hoot. You refer to some of my posts and other posts - I did not make. Detectives you are not. lol nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

You guys are kidding ... right? Your names must be Charlie Brown - MModal is Lucy holding the football

[ In Reply To ..]
It doesn't matter WHAT they call it ... "enhanced", "increased" "optimized", etc etc ... IT DOESN'T MATTER. We are never, never never never going to be paid again what we used to be paid.

You are ALL forgetting ... this is the SAME COMPANY who just a few short years ago said we were going to bring in more money than Donald Trump with ASR.

After reading these posts it's really no wonder to me why or how this company gets away with what they do ... anyone who believes they are finally going to pay us decent wages DESERVES to have the football yanked out from under them again. Sheesh, how many times of being lied to, ripped off and fooled by a company does it take?

Similar Messages:

Did You Look At Vern's Email And The Big
Dec 11, 2012

Yikes! ...

Lets All Email Our TCM And Ask What Vern, Amy
Dec 18, 2012

x ...

Where's Vern
Jun 21, 2012

Haven't had a chummy e-mail from him since MT week.  He's been here just long enough to be moving on with a tasty exit bonus.  ...

Vern And Amy Are Gone! Is The
Jun 04, 2013

The corporate-speak email said MM was announcing "strategic organizational changes and expansion of our senior leadership team. These changes will enhance our ability to capture increasing market opportunities and improve growth and performance." ...

Vern And Amy Out
Jun 18, 2013

So just learned we have a new CEO (again) and COO.  Does anyone want "ownership of this company?"  Feel like I've been taken out in the desert and left again.  Where are the company execs who take ownership of a company and care about what it does and offers to customers?  instead of only trying to be on the plus side of the spreadsheet and if not, they are outa here?  Anyone hear why Vern up and left? ...

When Does This Locking Out Begin?
Feb 25, 2010

Is it just for the North right now? ...

Begin S/l Defiw
Jun 03, 2010

xx ...

My Countdown Will Soon Begin
Sep 04, 2012

I'm very excited to venture out of the home, moving in a direction I will be appreciated by someone and feel I have a purpose.  It is not a pleasant job for most, but I am pleased and excited I chose it.  I have finished my CNA course and take my state test tomorrow bright and early.  If I pass, I will be on a journey for new employment in about two weeks.  From there, my education will continue and most likely it will be paid.  I will also have the opportunity to g ...

Let The Nickpicking Begin.
Jan 10, 2013

well, I have now begun to experience the petty QA dings.   A lab value "of" vs lab value "is", and removal of a comma.  And in one report, three terms that are easily found were blanked as if QA did not know what they were.  Well I knew!  Man, I am so glad I am out of here. ...

Our Lives Begin To End The Day We Become
Jan 21, 2013

Silent about things that matter." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. ...

I Cannot Begin To Tell You How Bad I Hate The
Apr 05, 2013

Especially when they are done by Offshore QA - auditing me - and marking errors that I really do not think I would make and/or miss. A drug dosage off by 700 MG?? I don't think so - not after 20 years!!! UGH - If this is what is going to happen the next few days, I may just not check my email! ...

Friend Wants To Know...Where To Begin?
Jun 25, 2013

I have a friend who is a nurse who wants to get into medical transcripting. Since she has a lot of background, she doesn’t think it would take her long. I had a bad experience with the company that trained me, so I was wondering what you guys would recommend for her? Do you know of any companies that train then give live work or know of a low-cost school?I let her know that most companies require 3 years experience, so do you know of anyone who hires fresh MTs?Thanks in advance! ...

This Is How They Will Begin Dumping US MTs.
Dec 04, 2014

Those getting 99.49 or not getting line count will be out the door.  This is how they will dump us.  In comparison to India and Korea, we are over paid numbers, not people.  This company has lost all values where their US employees are concerned.  Wonder what the CEOs bonus will be this year for running the company into the ground?  Good work Sir.  Can you say greed? ...

Let The Debate Begin
Mar 20, 2015

Here's my dilemma.  QA/audit/whatever says that Alzheimer disease is the proper usage.  Webmd, Mayo, NIH, and the disease webites, alz.com Alzheimer's website says it is Alzheimer's disease.  Same thing with Parkinson's (pdf.org), Crohn's (CCFA.org) etc., etc.  Always the apostrophe regardless.  What is everyone else doing and have you been corrected one way or the other?  ...

Let The MT Week BS Begin
May 15, 2015

I'm assuming we'll be asked to play a cutsie game every day and we'll be told ad nauseum how wonderful we are and how much we're appreciated. BLAH-BLAH-BLAH. Here's an idea: We already know we don't rate a bonus or a gift card so honor us by paying us a freakin' LIVING WAGE! My metrics accuracy score was 98.9% this week so I was told I need to work on my quality LOL. Yeah, that 0.1%--possibly due to not crossing a 'T' or dotting an 'I' ( ...

Hey Vern. If What We Does Matter, Pay Us Like We
May 20, 2013

x ...

Advice On How To Begin MT Career
Jan 04, 2010

I would greatly appreciate any advice on how to get trained, the best training programs & how to eventually get hired as an MT.  I have zero medical background, so the right training program is critical & this is a huge commitment & the training is pricey so I want to get it right. Thanks in advance......... ...

Does Anyone Know When Andrews Will Begin Their ICD-10 Program?
Jul 12, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has heard the date when Andrews will begin their ICD-10 program. I also have been told that is critically important to know both ICD-9 and ICD-10. Do you agree, and why? ...

Patient First - When They Might Begin Hiring Again?
Mar 10, 2015

Any insider info on when they might begin hiring again? Still hoping ... ...

Interview With Vern Davenport On MQ
Aug 02, 2011

Please read this interview with Vern Davenport, it is quite informative where we stand (don't stand) as far as our jobs go and the quality (I mean lack of) with Indian work.  Please read it. ...

Vern's New Employee Survey...what Do You Think?
Jun 25, 2012

I'm thinking of taking it this time since I heard no one was fired over the last one LOL.  Maybe the compensation package is being held off until they get the results back from this survey.  I sure hope this is all a step in the right direction.  I pray everynight about this. ...

Survey - Vern And Amy Are Looking To Find Out ...
Jan 02, 2013

Just wondering about those surveys we did a week or so ago.  If we all put our feelings into that thing, then Vern and Amy are looking to find out we are and fire us!  They sure must have gotten an eyeful and maybe it just ruined their Xmas just a little tiny bit.  What ya think? ...

Vern's 5 Point Plan
Feb 07, 2013

He says it's important that we "have a solid understanding of our strategy and be engaged in the plan."  I guess I'll go watch the video and see what surprises they've got in store for us this year. ...

S/l Suttar Approach To Begin A Craniectomy
Aug 07, 2013

nm ...

Berne Or Vern Vertebral Catheter?
Apr 08, 2010

it's a OP note and he s/l he is saying Burn vertebral catheter.  VR says Berne but I cannot document it?  TIA ...

Anyone Go View Vern's Townhall Meetings?
Aug 18, 2011

I am especially interested in the one about the best of the global workforce thing. Wonder what he is talking about but dont want to waste my time. I think it will all be a bunch of lies anyway, and a lot of "read between the lines."     ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

I Guess Vern And Amy Didn't Make There 99.5%.
Jun 19, 2013

And how much do they pay the whizzard who decided we need to use stronger passwords?  How profound. ...

For Conference Call Time For Listening To Vern's
Aug 11, 2012

Town Hall meeting do we put 1 hour or 1/2 hour? The conference call lasted approx 30/40 minutes but his email said 1 hour. How much time did you put in Teamwork for this? ...

Please Tell King Vern, Princess Amy, And Court Jester
Jun 03, 2013

You know this board is being watched today after that email.  I am sure the Royal 3 are being kept abreast of every post here today. ...