A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Vern's New Employee Survey...what do you think? - Sunflower

Posted: Jun 25, 2012

I'm thinking of taking it this time since I heard no one was fired over the last one LOL.  Maybe the compensation package is being held off until they get the results back from this survey.  I sure hope this is all a step in the right direction.  I pray everynight about this.

Nice thought, but doubt it :-( I think it is mainly for - appearance sake. A way for

[ In Reply To ..]
MM to appear interested in what those in the trenches have to say.

At least it's another chance to check off would - dnr

[ In Reply To ..]
not recommend working for the company and my compensation is inadequate.

Vern has responded to some things thus far. We have access to health insurance (what I assume is better than the catastrophic only insurance since I am part time and haven't seen the details).

During MT week, higher management did call some MTs (CCM had passed on names whom they felt were helpful). It got a chance to express the frustration about ASR and the fact that IT does not understand what MTs need when it comes to equipment, ie, fast fast computers rather than the junk most of us are sent (unless you get a lucky draw) and the fact I ended up fixing the computer myself to work properly when IT only took the time to tell me DQS works on both Win 7 and XP despite the fact that was not the problem I was having. It was a fortuitous thing they accidently send the computer recovery disks and I was able to correct what the previous user had done to the computer (changed to older operating system and now the computer was like molasses).

The ASR mentor even got to see just how slow my MQ (before MModal) was and that is why my production & inactive time was so bad.

If we keep telling them what is wrong every chance we get, it may fall into the hands of someone who actually cares. Has happened once in a blue moon. Thus far, my experience has improved since MModal took over, although in a tiny way.

Good point - took the survey anyway

[ In Reply To ..]
They have responded to some things; the pathetic email system and they did improve benefits. Yes, the health insurance is back to what it was before they tried the catastrophic experiment and they brought back 401K match albeit small.

However, I think the telling question is- would you recommend anyone to work here and I am sure the overwhelming answer is still no or strongly disagree. It is going to take more than a fancy email system and returning benefits to their previous level before I start recommending this industry let alone this company to anyone I know. Let me see the compensation package that was supposed to be out early summer and let me go a year without a pay cut first.

Just fluff questions - took it already

[ In Reply To ..]
Want to know how the communication is going. Same question about do we feel pay is linked with experience. Big strongly disagree there. No one here should be making minimum wage or not be eligible for benefits because of line count.

I wish they would have asked the question- Is the communication trustworthy? Or effective? Sure they think they are communicating, everything from new corporate positions to a name change AFTER the fact, but the problem remains that we second guess every word they say looking for a hidden agenda or the email system is not working for us to get the information anyway. Why did they tell us about the name brand change after it happened? How many mistake emails does it take to send out information regarding an upgrade? And then to people who have already done the upgrade?

All corporate communication is manipulation. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
These people operate with one goal in mind: Profit. That means finding every way they can to minimize what they pay you, the employee, so that they reap the maximum benefit from your labor. All surveys or other initiatives undertaken by these companies are undertaken with this one pursuit in mind. This is the way of free-market capitalism: A parasitic upper class who gorge themselves on the labor of the working masses. It will never change until the people actively resist their enslavement, and that doesn't mean answering their masters' surveys and hoping for the best.

I'm thinking that I can't really agree - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
where it says "I believe in what MModal is trying to accomplish." That would be "getting rid of those pesky MTs" so how could I agree with that?

Similar Messages:

Survey - Vern And Amy Are Looking To Find Out ...
Jan 02, 2013

Just wondering about those surveys we did a week or so ago.  If we all put our feelings into that thing, then Vern and Amy are looking to find out we are and fire us!  They sure must have gotten an eyeful and maybe it just ruined their Xmas just a little tiny bit.  What ya think? ...

Employee Satisfaction Survey
Dec 14, 2011

Wow..that survey was..ridiculous.   I mean the idea is great if they really had intentions of "fixing" the problem.    As for me, my LAST DAY with MQ is Saturday!! Hallelujah :-) ...

Employee Survey - Yeah, Right
Dec 10, 2012

Just got the survey email.  What a joke! The Senior Executive Team (SET) and I are deeply committed to improving the M*Modal employee experience and culture, and to do that successfully, we need to receive candid feedback from everyone.... it's that critical and that valuable to understand the employee perspective as completely as possible -- across geographies and across functions -- so that we can become the best place to work in the industry. ...

Employee Survey Time!!! I Am Going To Be
Dec 02, 2013

brutally honest ...

Statutory Employee Vs. Traditional Employee Status Inquiry
Oct 10, 2013

I'm seeing more and more job postings for statutory employee status.  I'm trying to figure out what an appropriate line rate request equivalent would be since I would be responsible for withholding income taxes.  For example if the traditional employee line rate is 8 cpl for transcription what would I need to request for statutory status?  The same or more? ...

Where's Vern
Jun 21, 2012

Haven't had a chummy e-mail from him since MT week.  He's been here just long enough to be moving on with a tasty exit bonus.  ...

Vern And Amy Are Gone! Is The
Jun 04, 2013

The corporate-speak email said MM was announcing "strategic organizational changes and expansion of our senior leadership team. These changes will enhance our ability to capture increasing market opportunities and improve growth and performance." ...

Vern And Amy Out
Jun 18, 2013

So just learned we have a new CEO (again) and COO.  Does anyone want "ownership of this company?"  Feel like I've been taken out in the desert and left again.  Where are the company execs who take ownership of a company and care about what it does and offers to customers?  instead of only trying to be on the plus side of the spreadsheet and if not, they are outa here?  Anyone hear why Vern up and left? ...

Did You Look At Vern's Email And The Big
Dec 11, 2012

Yikes! ...

Hey Vern. If What We Does Matter, Pay Us Like We
May 20, 2013

x ...

Interview With Vern Davenport On MQ
Aug 02, 2011

Please read this interview with Vern Davenport, it is quite informative where we stand (don't stand) as far as our jobs go and the quality (I mean lack of) with Indian work.  Please read it. ...

Where To Even Begin? New Vern Email
Aug 17, 2012

I just could not even get through the email without throwing up a little in my mouth.  Cadence of communications?  Is that why we have no comp plan yet? Future priorities?  Like what a new office space or more team building exercises?  Are we the MTs even on that list of priorities?  And my absolute favorite- Proud to work for Mmodal?  No.  Not even close.  Try embarrassed and ashamed and when people ask what I do I usually lie. If thi ...

Lets All Email Our TCM And Ask What Vern, Amy
Dec 18, 2012

x ...

Vern's 5 Point Plan
Feb 07, 2013

He says it's important that we "have a solid understanding of our strategy and be engaged in the plan."  I guess I'll go watch the video and see what surprises they've got in store for us this year. ...

Berne Or Vern Vertebral Catheter?
Apr 08, 2010

it's a OP note and he s/l he is saying Burn vertebral catheter.  VR says Berne but I cannot document it?  TIA ...

Anyone Go View Vern's Townhall Meetings?
Aug 18, 2011

I am especially interested in the one about the best of the global workforce thing. Wonder what he is talking about but dont want to waste my time. I think it will all be a bunch of lies anyway, and a lot of "read between the lines."     ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

I Guess Vern And Amy Didn't Make There 99.5%.
Jun 19, 2013

And how much do they pay the whizzard who decided we need to use stronger passwords?  How profound. ...

For Conference Call Time For Listening To Vern's
Aug 11, 2012

Town Hall meeting do we put 1 hour or 1/2 hour? The conference call lasted approx 30/40 minutes but his email said 1 hour. How much time did you put in Teamwork for this? ...

Please Tell King Vern, Princess Amy, And Court Jester
Jun 03, 2013

You know this board is being watched today after that email.  I am sure the Royal 3 are being kept abreast of every post here today. ...

Former Nuance Employee Now Has To Become Employee Again
Mar 11, 2014

Has anyone else left Nuance for another company only to have to return after acquisition? Were you just reinstated or did you have to start fresh from day 1 again? ...

OOW Survey
Feb 02, 2011

I am interested in learning how many currently practicing MTs struggle to get their lines in due to their being "no work available."  Do you find yourself out of work and having to try to make up lines outside your usual schedule? Only occasionally? Often? Every day? Seldom? Never happens?   Thanks everyone!Mary     Optional data: ...

Survey Says . . . .
Apr 03, 2011

to spell the abbreviation of subcutaneous?   is is subcu or subcut?  i have this argument every time with QA.  could i get someone to help me please?  thanks much in advance!!!!   ...

Oh Man... New Survey
Dec 05, 2011

If people were sincerely honest, it wouldnt change anything! ...

The Survey
Dec 06, 2011

Just read through the survey without answering the questions.  Waste of time!  No matter how many of us answer it and regardless of what we say, after it is all over they will tell us that MQ employees love the company.  This is just a way to try to placate us and make us think that our opinions count.  You can all take turns flogging me if I'm wrong. ...

My Take On The SURVEY.....
Dec 06, 2011

I am an MT who has been around for 14 years with this company and I have my gripes like all the rest of you.  I took the survey and stuck it to them when it mattered.  For example, when they ask if compensation encourages people to do their best, the obvious answer is "strongly disagree" right?  When they ask if compensation is clearly tied to performance....again "strongly disagree."  Whether our answers matter or not, it's our opportunity to vent our frustrations with ...

To Those Who Did Not Do The Survey
Dec 16, 2011

I had so much fun using words like despicable and abomination that I just couldn't help myself and filled it out 3 times.  I expect when all is said and done they will tell us that the vast majority of responses were positive and almost everyone loves the company but at least I had a few minutes of sheer enjoyment.  ...

Mq Survey
Dec 27, 2011

Wonder when we'll see the results of the survey!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Ya, right!  As if they would be truthful about it anyway! ...

And The SURVEY SAYS!
Sep 11, 2012

That the enhanced compensation is in place, we have been BOOSTED and we are one big happy globally rebranded party! Whoo-hoo! ...

And The Survey Says . . .
May 06, 2013

Like the opinion of a lowly MT/ME even matters. They are going to do what they want regardless of our "opinions." ...