A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

survey - Vern and Amy are looking to find out ... - MMT

Posted: Jan 02, 2013

Just wondering about those surveys we did a week or so ago.  If we all put our feelings into that thing, then Vern and Amy are looking to find out we are and fire us!  They sure must have gotten an eyeful and maybe it just ruined their Xmas just a little tiny bit.  What ya think?

I think they werent anonymous - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and I dont care what they think,,,I have never not told an employer the truty..Fire me, who cares..Ill collect unemployment and sit on my butt and do nothing.

why do you think they were not anon? - and why fire you for your thoughts?

[ In Reply To ..]
Why would they do that? I just dont think they would take the time to go through each survey to see who was unhappy and then just fire them.

Because its electronic, its so easy to know - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
But I didnt say they would fire us..Just wouldnt bet my house on them being anonymous
but it was an independent company - doing the survey
[ In Reply To ..]
I think it was anonymous. I hope everyone with NJA every day gave them an earful.
An independent company employed by mmodal - doubt anon. nm
[ In Reply To ..]
x
If they were going to fire everyone - justme
[ In Reply To ..]
for speaking their mind on that survey, we would all be gone.

survey - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
These things take weeks, if not months. I just wonder how much they spent on the company that tallies the results.

Do you really think they care what the results were? - Have their own agenda

[ In Reply To ..]
Sure it felt good for everyone to vent on the survey (or multiple times). However, you are fooling yourself if you think Vern or Amy care about the results. They recognized the main complaint was the lack of pay but instead of raising rates they shoved BOOST down our throats because that was their plan all along. Then they blame global conditions or the transcription environment for reasons they could not give raises, even though they never intended to in the first place.

The survey is just Mmodal's way of pretending like they care. When they tell their shareholders that there are no employee problems that just shows you they were never listening in the first place.

They only care about the people in the higher positions. - mom2huskies

[ In Reply To ..]
They do not care about the people who do the actual work.

I'm wondering how long it will take before - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
they send their response to the survey. The usual choices are:
1. "Everyone loves this company and their job and everything is perfect. There were no complaints. Ever."
2. "Almost everyone loves their job and we'll fix the trouble spots tomorrow (which never comes)."
3. "We'll take your comments and suggestions and apply them to making your overseas replacements happy."
4. "We see that you were most concerned about your [pay or benefits] so we will lower your [benefits or pay] so the other one doesn't look so bad in comparison."
5. "We just remembered we don't care what you think."
6. "None of you work here anymore."

Secretly, it's always number five and eventually number six.

why then, did they make some positive changes - after the last survey?

[ In Reply To ..]
I know most of the people on the board don't like to admit that some changes were made after the last survey because they weren't all the exact changes that you wanted, but they did make changes, and I benefitted from them all, so I have no reason not to expect them to listen this time also. Am I expecting any great changes, not really, but I do think they will be honest with the responses just like they were last time.

That is true to a certain extent - MModal Livestock

[ In Reply To ..]
I believe that the last survey may well have had an effect. And I'm glad so many were helped. The more people who get something decent from their company the better. Personally, I'm doing alright in the company from a financial standpoint, but many, many others are not.

Sadly for MModal, even if their current plan is to be the best company to their employees that they can be they will have to toil many years while I heap criticism and loathing on them. I'm hoping they will prove me wrong and become a paragon of worker's rights through gradual pay increases, benefit expansion, new opportunities for U.S. MTs, forcing dictators to either clean up their act or pay more for their lousy dictation, improved sound quality, better technology (not just newer), CCMs that at the very least do their job, etc.

M*Modal isn't the most evil corporation in the world (with competition like Monsanto and Wal-mart few can compete for that title) and they aren't a wholly destructive force (volcanoes made Hawaii after all), but their improvements thus far leave a lot wanting.

The reason why MModal was able to give us more money and still increase their profit is because they canned a ton of our co-workers to make room for more foreign labor. We said we were thirsty and they gave us the blood of our own kind. Beyond that, who says any of these gains are permanent? The company is always making mistakes and losing money, so maybe they can't afford them. Or new executives get in and decide they'd like that money instead. Or they say that because of the industry (which they create and control through offshoring) they can't pay us that much anymore.

The company has stated publicly to their investors that they hope to drastically increase profits by massive offshoring. Their stated goals are thus the elimination of our job through EHR, ASR and ILPs. If this is their goal, then I see no reason to believe anything they say about bettering our lives.

I hope they will continue to improve over time, but they have not earned my trust or my respect yet.

why then, did they make some positive - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't remember any positive changes. The only thing was my health ins. is cheaper, but not really. At the time I signed up for the less expensive insurance, I was okay, now my health is failing and I should have taken the higher cost plan. I know they have cut out incentive, shift dif until after 9 p.m. (which everyplace is 3 p.m.) I really don't remember any positive changes.

401 K match better than nothing - what other benefits

[ In Reply To ..]
A 1% match is certainly better than what we were getting before. However, just know that the only reason they are doing a match at all is for the tax shelter. Most companies pay 5% or more. Yet another way for them to look like they care but really do not.

You certainly cannot be referring to the shell game known as health insurance. We had good insurance before, they decided to go to catastrophic and then when everyone complained they brought back the original insurance and made such a big deal about how they were doing us a favor. However, Amy made it perfectly clear that it came with a price and shame on us for complaining in the first place for a catastrophic plan with an out of pocket cost of more than most MTs make in a year.

They provide us nothing other than software. They do not provide computers nor help pay for internet or phone lines or even antivirus. They send us emails that we are supposed to print out yet provide no money for printer ink or even a printer. The only benefits I get are the ones I make for myself, like a comfy chair, a good cup of coffee and the ability to NOT answer the phone or email.

I would be interested to hear what you consider positive changes.
Positive changes - anon-op
[ In Reply To ..]
Although I do feel they have a long way to go still, the 401K match is helpful to me, the email was a very welcome change since the one they had was absolutely not acceptable, especially after the great email we had with Spheris using Outlook, and the insurance change put 108 dollars back on each check, plus a much more reasonable spending account before the deductable, and a much lower and more reasonable deductible. These are problems that were made evident in the last survey and they improved them.

These are not all the problems, and hopefully the survey will show them they still have a long way to go in making their employees happy and will make at least a few more changes. I was shocked to go from Spheris to MModal and have them take away even the little bit we were given for our internet use, and our extra PTO for holidays, shift differentials, incentives, etc. They have a long way to go, but they did make changes, and I have hope that they will make more. I won't hold my breath, but I will have hope.
Not everyone has health insurance - email not a benefit
[ In Reply To ..]
Sorry but a functioning email should be a given, not a benefit that the great Mmodal decides to bestow on us, especially when it cost them nothing. Once again they are beating their own chest (and you are helping them) and bragging about how great they are for 1 lousy email a week.

Many MTs are not FT and of those who are few take advantage of the health care anyway so a spending account or lower deductible means nothing to them. Many would rather have an incentive or a bonus rather than insurance they will never use.

The problems made evident in the last survey were not addressed, they were talked around in circles and justified. Long way to go. Glad you are happy though.
Not happy, just hopeful... - anon-op
[ In Reply To ..]
I choose to see the positives and hope for more. It is a much better way to live than being on here grumping and complaining all the time. Things are not what they used to be, but I would rather be hopeful than hateful. I saw the last changes as beneficial, sorry they weren't for you.
Glad you can get a 401k. I cannot even get - 8 hours in a paycheck.
[ In Reply To ..]
After all I have been through with this company for the past 28 years, I have no work to even get part time work.

Similar Messages:

Vern's New Employee Survey...what Do You Think?
Jun 25, 2012

I'm thinking of taking it this time since I heard no one was fired over the last one LOL.  Maybe the compensation package is being held off until they get the results back from this survey.  I sure hope this is all a step in the right direction.  I pray everynight about this. ...

I Can't Find The AHIMI Salary Survey. Anyone Know Where I Can Find This?
Dec 20, 2011

TIA ...

Taking A Survey To Find A Quiet Air Conditioner.
Jun 08, 2011

Any opinions?  Need a window type to cool 250 square feet.  One I have is very old and loud.  Can't hear the docs over it.  Have heard Friedrich makes some quiet ones, but pricey.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Where's Vern
Jun 21, 2012

Haven't had a chummy e-mail from him since MT week.  He's been here just long enough to be moving on with a tasty exit bonus.  ...

Vern And Amy Are Gone! Is The
Jun 04, 2013

The corporate-speak email said MM was announcing "strategic organizational changes and expansion of our senior leadership team. These changes will enhance our ability to capture increasing market opportunities and improve growth and performance." ...

Vern And Amy Out
Jun 18, 2013

So just learned we have a new CEO (again) and COO.  Does anyone want "ownership of this company?"  Feel like I've been taken out in the desert and left again.  Where are the company execs who take ownership of a company and care about what it does and offers to customers?  instead of only trying to be on the plus side of the spreadsheet and if not, they are outa here?  Anyone hear why Vern up and left? ...

Did You Look At Vern's Email And The Big
Dec 11, 2012

Yikes! ...

Hey Vern. If What We Does Matter, Pay Us Like We
May 20, 2013

x ...

Interview With Vern Davenport On MQ
Aug 02, 2011

Please read this interview with Vern Davenport, it is quite informative where we stand (don't stand) as far as our jobs go and the quality (I mean lack of) with Indian work.  Please read it. ...

Where To Even Begin? New Vern Email
Aug 17, 2012

I just could not even get through the email without throwing up a little in my mouth.  Cadence of communications?  Is that why we have no comp plan yet? Future priorities?  Like what a new office space or more team building exercises?  Are we the MTs even on that list of priorities?  And my absolute favorite- Proud to work for Mmodal?  No.  Not even close.  Try embarrassed and ashamed and when people ask what I do I usually lie. If thi ...

Lets All Email Our TCM And Ask What Vern, Amy
Dec 18, 2012

x ...

Vern's 5 Point Plan
Feb 07, 2013

He says it's important that we "have a solid understanding of our strategy and be engaged in the plan."  I guess I'll go watch the video and see what surprises they've got in store for us this year. ...

Berne Or Vern Vertebral Catheter?
Apr 08, 2010

it's a OP note and he s/l he is saying Burn vertebral catheter.  VR says Berne but I cannot document it?  TIA ...

Anyone Go View Vern's Townhall Meetings?
Aug 18, 2011

I am especially interested in the one about the best of the global workforce thing. Wonder what he is talking about but dont want to waste my time. I think it will all be a bunch of lies anyway, and a lot of "read between the lines."     ...

I'd LOVE To See Vern On Undercover Boss! Nm
Aug 19, 2011

NM ...

I Guess Vern And Amy Didn't Make There 99.5%.
Jun 19, 2013

And how much do they pay the whizzard who decided we need to use stronger passwords?  How profound. ...

For Conference Call Time For Listening To Vern's
Aug 11, 2012

Town Hall meeting do we put 1 hour or 1/2 hour? The conference call lasted approx 30/40 minutes but his email said 1 hour. How much time did you put in Teamwork for this? ...

Please Tell King Vern, Princess Amy, And Court Jester
Jun 03, 2013

You know this board is being watched today after that email.  I am sure the Royal 3 are being kept abreast of every post here today. ...

OOW Survey
Feb 02, 2011

I am interested in learning how many currently practicing MTs struggle to get their lines in due to their being "no work available."  Do you find yourself out of work and having to try to make up lines outside your usual schedule? Only occasionally? Often? Every day? Seldom? Never happens?   Thanks everyone!Mary     Optional data: ...

Survey Says . . . .
Apr 03, 2011

to spell the abbreviation of subcutaneous?   is is subcu or subcut?  i have this argument every time with QA.  could i get someone to help me please?  thanks much in advance!!!!   ...

Oh Man... New Survey
Dec 05, 2011

If people were sincerely honest, it wouldnt change anything! ...

The Survey
Dec 06, 2011

Just read through the survey without answering the questions.  Waste of time!  No matter how many of us answer it and regardless of what we say, after it is all over they will tell us that MQ employees love the company.  This is just a way to try to placate us and make us think that our opinions count.  You can all take turns flogging me if I'm wrong. ...

My Take On The SURVEY.....
Dec 06, 2011

I am an MT who has been around for 14 years with this company and I have my gripes like all the rest of you.  I took the survey and stuck it to them when it mattered.  For example, when they ask if compensation encourages people to do their best, the obvious answer is "strongly disagree" right?  When they ask if compensation is clearly tied to performance....again "strongly disagree."  Whether our answers matter or not, it's our opportunity to vent our frustrations with ...

To Those Who Did Not Do The Survey
Dec 16, 2011

I had so much fun using words like despicable and abomination that I just couldn't help myself and filled it out 3 times.  I expect when all is said and done they will tell us that the vast majority of responses were positive and almost everyone loves the company but at least I had a few minutes of sheer enjoyment.  ...

Mq Survey
Dec 27, 2011

Wonder when we'll see the results of the survey!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!  Ya, right!  As if they would be truthful about it anyway! ...

And The SURVEY SAYS!
Sep 11, 2012

That the enhanced compensation is in place, we have been BOOSTED and we are one big happy globally rebranded party! Whoo-hoo! ...

And The Survey Says . . .
May 06, 2013

Like the opinion of a lowly MT/ME even matters. They are going to do what they want regardless of our "opinions." ...

Age Survey
Apr 01, 2014

But really,what hasn't?  Seeing lots of posts from 60+ and wonder what is the average age of MTs.  I will go first - age 61.   ...

Survey Of New Pay
Feb 02, 2015

Before the new pay rule game, I made 7.5 cents (3.75 cents for editing). Then when this new pay game started, I made less at 7 cents. However, I find lately I've been actually making noticeably more money with this pay game. You just got to keep quality and pending to QC under control. In fact, I think I now make a few hundred dollars more per month, if I keep it up, keeping quality up and QC pending down. I know some of you were actually paid 8 cents (4 cents for editing), so there is ...

Did Anyone Take The Survey?
May 15, 2015

Just curious. I'm about to unload on it, but wondered if anyone else did?? ...