A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Okay, sistas. Lets talk about BOOST. - They want us to cut down on SM

Posted: May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol.

How do you keep the audio running? - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nn

with a brick or something nm - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

keeping the audio running - mouse addict

[ In Reply To ..]
There's arrrows you can click on with your (evil) mouse forwards and backwards up in the left upper corner where it indicates foot-petal usage (yes I have flowers glued to mine). Don't have DQS open right now, but hope self you can get navigated to (doc speak). Also Control Space (think it is) will start and stop voice. I use that when I get carpal foot, tarsal ankle whatever.

I don't use a lot of the keybored "shortcuts" cause I end up doing stuff I can't undo, and freeze up ASR or DQS completely.

Control and mouse rolly-ball will make type really, really big (real helpful when the cataracts are flaring up).

Well maybe I watch a Vern movie. Not.
I'd put my mouse on the floor and let the - cat play with it to keep it moving.
[ In Reply To ..]
=^..^=

In Doqscribe, left hand upper corner, under the edit, audio - etc. There are the arrows that SM

[ In Reply To ..]
send audio forward or backward, just click (maybe double click) on the single arrow pointing to the right. That keeps the audio running with no foot on the pedal.

Does that count? - I tried that

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried that, but then thought about the email. It said fingers on the keyboard or foot on the pedal. When I click that button, the audio plays, but no foot on the pedal or fingers on the keyboard, so I put a large squash on the pedal when I took a short break, worked great!

I use 2 Stedman's books on the pedal - Simple

[ In Reply To ..]
At the end of the report or whenever, go back to the beginning, move audio speed slider to slow, place books on foot pedal, then go to the bathroom, do your research, check mail, etc. Hahaha

I have a giant can from the pantry I put on my pedal - Way ahead of ya

[ In Reply To ..]
when I am away from my desk :)

I use a brick :) - GottaPee!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I don't do anything, if I have to get up and stretch my legs, use the restroom, take meds, etc. - fedup

[ In Reply To ..]
As long as I do the best of my ability and not goof off, I don't care what they suggest. Let them come here and do the work 8 hours nonstop and see if they can do so.

Or you can go about your daily work & not worry about - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
all of their latest idiotic rules & red tape, which is what I do. All the extra suits in this top-heavy company have to justify their salaries & come up with these whacky ideas, which only wastes company money & our time. I don't even bother paying attention to all that nonsense anymore. I do my work at my own pace & to the best of my ability, and if that's not good enough, then by all means fire me.

I totally agree - just ignore

[ In Reply To ..]
I have posted on here before that my old worthless lazy QC is one of them now that sends out these stupid productivity reports. Amazingly ironic that she couldn't do her job but yet she thinks she can tell us how to do ours. That is why I don't place much stock in those reports, because I know who is sending them!

Ignore - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
I am of the same frame of mind. Why should I worry about this type of thing when I do my job and do it to the best of my ability. They have to justify these people having jobs, so they come up with this type of nonsense when they no so little about the nature of what we do. I just ignore it as well. I do not find it is helpful, but rather harmful to your overall state of well-being. Take things with a grain of salt for sure!

Similar Messages:

Sistas, Watch Your Timecards. Mine Is Again Showing 0s, No Scheduled
Nov 16, 2012

It got my shifts wrong for different days, putting 5 instead of 6 hours.  It evened out mostly to be correct but put an extra hour of PTO on my schedule. Which, my CCM, pointed out, I got paid for but my concern is if it keeps messing up on this stuff, how could I be being adversely affected.  Nothing here works as they want. ...

Together We Can.... Lets Have Fun With This
May 25, 2010

I know I would rather laugh than cry today and hopefully the amazing creativity on this board will put a smile on everyone's face. ...

ASR Lets Get Some Changes Made!
Mar 12, 2010

I just really want to encourage all of you to make note of things ASR is doing wrong and sending the info in either to support@ or to your CCM.  I have been sending things in and actually getting some changes made here and there.  If we all did it maybe we could help ourselves out at least a little bit. I'm talking about things like you have been correcting text forever and ASR still is not getting it, like on docs who say the same exact same thing every time and it still comes o ...

Regional Hospital In VT Lets 30 MTs Go
May 27, 2010

Fletcher Allen Healthcare in Burlington, Vermont, was in the news this week for dropping 30 medical transcriptionists due to "new technology reducing the need for medical transcriptionists"....how very sad. ...

Lets See My Peeve For Today Is
Nov 27, 2012

How do you keep every profile straight when you have about 60 to follow?  And how do you make any money?  Honestly would rather be NJA then handle all these different accounts, at least I could accomplish something like maybe housework, or walking the dogs. ...

Lets All Email Our TCM And Ask What Vern, Amy
Dec 18, 2012

x ...

Lets Get Pounding On This Work!
Dec 19, 2012

I just thought that if all MTs would work like crazy from now through Saturday, we could empty the system out and ensure that other MTs who were not approved for PTO could still spend time with their family. Plus, then we would have extra money on our check cause you know the entire week after Christmas into the New Year there will be no work!   Pound it out people. Our Christmas gift to eachother. ...

Okay, Lets Try Tips/hints Again
Apr 01, 2014

The next tip/hint I have for everyone is the comma, semicolon, and colon. First of all, UNLESS YOUR DICTATOR IS VERBATIM, ignore their punctuation. Most doctors I have experience with wouldn’t know proper punctuation if it bit them in the behind. Just because they say “comma” doesn’t mean their correct. I won’t say much about the comma, because I think we all pretty much know how to use that. However, the semicolon stumps some people, especially doctors. A semicolon ...

Heres Is My Suggestion, Instead Of Bitching..lets
Feb 02, 2012

Give the new owner a chance..BUT  make up an email address that they cant trace to you and start flooding him with emails of complaint... ...

Lets Review For Fun The Denegration Of This Profession
Oct 30, 2012

I came on board in the 1990s, the height of the IC.  I was paid gross line count (for any newbies that is a line per line, no matter how many characters) and I was paid for everything, headers, footers, demographics, if there was a character on that line, I got paid.  Paid 10 cpl and never made anything less than 45,000 to 50,000.  No raises, but back then it was a very good salary, no ridiculous TATs, NO TIME CLOCKS and we had 24 hours to turn back in our work. Yes, TAT needed t ...

New Game Lets Play Guess The ASR
May 24, 2015

Patient female with flattened Amy a "Patient came in with anemia." so very close ASR, so very close ...

Search Previous Dates Like This...if Your Page Only Lets You
Aug 03, 2014

I saw a question the other day asking how to get back farther in the message posts. The board is listed in date order, so what I do if I want to reread, for instance, something from late July, I use the search key above and type in a date the way the dates are shown... 2014-07-23,  then just tap the little search tab! At the bottom of your screen you can scroll through page after page of posts on that day from all the boards. There is good information about Nuance on alot of the boards her ...

Boost
May 17, 2012

I was wondering what happens when we start to run low on work.  Does Boost accommodate this in our scoring.  ...

WebmedX Buys School - Lets All MTs Go - STUDENTS Doing Work/no Pay?
Oct 10, 2010

I am guessing with the low quality I see that 10:1 they let a plethora of MTs go right AFTER acquiring an MT SCHOOL so that they could have the students do the work as required work for th program and not pay them.  Some of the reports I see look like they were done by a 7-year-old or someone for whom English is a second language. ...

How Can We Boost Production When ASR Is So Bad
Mar 19, 2012

How can we be productive when we spend more time reading profiles than actual time in a report.   Maybe stop the garbage, give is primary accounts, no more ASR, no more bouncing, no more counting mouse clicks, and give us a raise...   I will be more than productive, like I was in the old days. I used to produce 2000 lines a day. I cannot do that now in 2 days. ...

Boost...sorry Medquist
May 12, 2012

OK, it's nearly the end of my 2-week pay period.  I'm way past my minimum line requirements.  My primary account is low on work.  I'm going to clean my kitchen.  Watcha ya gonna do about that? ...

BOOST Initiative
May 30, 2012

Don't you love the long and drawn out explanation of the BOOST initiative.  They have a VR program which is frequently only 10% correct, misses entire phrases, creates entire sentences without one correct word and they want to boost our production by having us never remove our hands from the keyboard so we can all develop carpal tunnel at a faster rate.  What a bunch of geniuses! ...

BOOST Schmoost
Jun 19, 2012

Today's BOOST e-mail went too far.  Now they're monitoring mouse clicks, keyboard shortcuts and pedal time?  They can actually tell which keys we touch or don't touch? Folks, I'm pretty sure this BOOST program was our summer compensation adjustment...type faster... ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

Per Their Boost Garbage, Being
Nov 27, 2012

stalked & forced to keep our hands on the keyboard rather than what feels comfortable for us, now that I'm keeping my right hand on the Ctrl & arrow keys to make constant corrections throughout this ASR garbage, I am starting to have severe hand pain that I've never had before.  I wonder if this is carpal tunnel.  I would imagine their workers comp cases for carpal tunnel are growing by leaps and bounds with this horrible ASR program.  Seems like it would counter ...

Boost Question
Nov 28, 2012

This is a measurement of the amount of audio that is replayed, keeping the highlighter and cursor together and moving smoothly throughout the report.  If you keep the highlighter and cursor moving steadily throughout the report with less stopping, then there is less audio that is replayed, allowing you to complete the job in less time.    The above would work in an ideal world if one didn't have to do a lot of editing, would that be a correct statement?  I mean, if I h ...

Boost Liquid Nutrition
Feb 02, 2010

Boost liquid s/l impreme was provided. ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Can We Opt Out Of This Idiotic Boost Garbage?
Dec 03, 2012

x ...

Minimum Wage Boost
Jun 22, 2014

Did you know that minimum wage will be raised from $8.00 to $9.00 next month, at least in California? So I wonder what that means for Nuance. Does that mean that the minimum line per hour will now be mmore than the current minimum of 186 lines/hour to meet minimum wage without having the company pay MUP or make-up pay? Or does that mean that they will give employees a raise and leave required lines at minimum of 186 lines? I wonder. ...

Inactive Time/BOOST Bull!
Jun 28, 2012

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one who had this initial perception of the mentoring program and the BOOST initiative, but it is my impression that during my mentoring session it was kind of IMPLIED that if our inactive time decreased our pay would go up...me thinking my daily pay for SR. Inserted in there ever so sneakily from my mentor is the fact that the inactive time has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on our daily production pay! A low inactive time only affects PTO, downtime, etc., pay which is ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

Computer Volume Control Boost. This May Help A Little
Apr 21, 2015

I have a Boostaroo and it muffles the audio when I turn it up on my headset.  Some of these dictators go back and forth in volume and I have caught several mistakes I made on deciding what I hear.   This simple Windows function might help some of you, I noticed a small difference right away. I am also looking into an app to download as I don't have room for a set of speakers up on my work area to plug headset into.   I am going to research more on this with  l ...

I've Decided I'm Not Going To Even Open The Boost Stat Emails
Jun 26, 2012

anymore.  What a morale killer, and they just tick me off.  I already know the shortcuts, but if I find it faster or less painful to mouse occasionally, then that's what I'm going to do.  As long as I'm meeting my quota, then please back off.  Jeez, I've never felt more smothered or stalked by a company. ...

QA Talk
May 03, 2011

Over my many years in this industry, I have worked with tons of QA folks.  I was also one of them.  Most of them were great.  Also always wondered why everything does not go thru QA.  They QA all kinds of products in other industries like food products, toys, cars, etcetera.  ...