A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

How can we boost production when ASR is so bad - and,

Posted: Mar 19, 2012

How can we be productive when we spend more time reading profiles than actual time in a report.

Maybe stop the garbage, give is primary accounts, no more ASR, no more bouncing, no more counting mouse clicks, and give us a raise...

I will be more than productive, like I was in the old days. I used to produce 2000 lines a day. I cannot do that now in 2 days.

we are diving into that now - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

How much will mentors make? - didnt see that job opening...nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

yeah, why hire an MT to mentor, they can hire some bozo who - knows nothing for cheap!

[ In Reply To ..]
Good going on keeping us informed of things.

wouldnt a coder be better suited to transition - customers to ICD 10

[ In Reply To ..]
Dont get it

She is looking at areas where transcriptionist who - wish to enhance their

[ In Reply To ..]
careers, ICD10 was just one example and at least she is considering transcriptionist. This is an MT call, not a coder call.

Similar Messages:

Boost
May 17, 2012

I was wondering what happens when we start to run low on work.  Does Boost accommodate this in our scoring.  ...

Boost...sorry Medquist
May 12, 2012

OK, it's nearly the end of my 2-week pay period.  I'm way past my minimum line requirements.  My primary account is low on work.  I'm going to clean my kitchen.  Watcha ya gonna do about that? ...

BOOST Initiative
May 30, 2012

Don't you love the long and drawn out explanation of the BOOST initiative.  They have a VR program which is frequently only 10% correct, misses entire phrases, creates entire sentences without one correct word and they want to boost our production by having us never remove our hands from the keyboard so we can all develop carpal tunnel at a faster rate.  What a bunch of geniuses! ...

BOOST Schmoost
Jun 19, 2012

Today's BOOST e-mail went too far.  Now they're monitoring mouse clicks, keyboard shortcuts and pedal time?  They can actually tell which keys we touch or don't touch? Folks, I'm pretty sure this BOOST program was our summer compensation adjustment...type faster... ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

Per Their Boost Garbage, Being
Nov 27, 2012

stalked & forced to keep our hands on the keyboard rather than what feels comfortable for us, now that I'm keeping my right hand on the Ctrl & arrow keys to make constant corrections throughout this ASR garbage, I am starting to have severe hand pain that I've never had before.  I wonder if this is carpal tunnel.  I would imagine their workers comp cases for carpal tunnel are growing by leaps and bounds with this horrible ASR program.  Seems like it would counter ...

Boost Question
Nov 28, 2012

This is a measurement of the amount of audio that is replayed, keeping the highlighter and cursor together and moving smoothly throughout the report.  If you keep the highlighter and cursor moving steadily throughout the report with less stopping, then there is less audio that is replayed, allowing you to complete the job in less time.    The above would work in an ideal world if one didn't have to do a lot of editing, would that be a correct statement?  I mean, if I h ...

Boost Liquid Nutrition
Feb 02, 2010

Boost liquid s/l impreme was provided. ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Can We Opt Out Of This Idiotic Boost Garbage?
Dec 03, 2012

x ...

Minimum Wage Boost
Jun 22, 2014

Did you know that minimum wage will be raised from $8.00 to $9.00 next month, at least in California? So I wonder what that means for Nuance. Does that mean that the minimum line per hour will now be mmore than the current minimum of 186 lines/hour to meet minimum wage without having the company pay MUP or make-up pay? Or does that mean that they will give employees a raise and leave required lines at minimum of 186 lines? I wonder. ...

Okay, Sistas. Lets Talk About BOOST.
May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol. ...

Inactive Time/BOOST Bull!
Jun 28, 2012

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one who had this initial perception of the mentoring program and the BOOST initiative, but it is my impression that during my mentoring session it was kind of IMPLIED that if our inactive time decreased our pay would go up...me thinking my daily pay for SR. Inserted in there ever so sneakily from my mentor is the fact that the inactive time has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on our daily production pay! A low inactive time only affects PTO, downtime, etc., pay which is ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

Computer Volume Control Boost. This May Help A Little
Apr 21, 2015

I have a Boostaroo and it muffles the audio when I turn it up on my headset.  Some of these dictators go back and forth in volume and I have caught several mistakes I made on deciding what I hear.   This simple Windows function might help some of you, I noticed a small difference right away. I am also looking into an app to download as I don't have room for a set of speakers up on my work area to plug headset into.   I am going to research more on this with  l ...

I've Decided I'm Not Going To Even Open The Boost Stat Emails
Jun 26, 2012

anymore.  What a morale killer, and they just tick me off.  I already know the shortcuts, but if I find it faster or less painful to mouse occasionally, then that's what I'm going to do.  As long as I'm meeting my quota, then please back off.  Jeez, I've never felt more smothered or stalked by a company. ...

Is It Mucous Secretions And Mucus Production Or Mucous Production?
Mar 11, 2013

Is it mucous secretions and mucus production or mucous production? ...

Getting A Bit Sick Of The "BOOST" Program
May 16, 2012

I proofread EVERY report I send through,,,and I use my mouse to flip through it,,I know that takes a lot of time...Im about ready to say to heck with it and not proofread, my lines will go up and the inactive time will go down,,,unfortunately I care that my reports are done right....Fed up with this crap ...

PRODUCTION PAY
Nov 02, 2009

I would like to know how MTSO's get away with paying MTs and MT editors not hourly, not salary, but solely on how much they produce like they are working on an "assembly line"!!!  Being paid on how much one produces is "pathetic" and is not paying MTs/Editors based on their "knowledge, skill, or experience", and I think is an injustice to the medical transcription profession as a whole. What happens also when an MT/editor works over 40 hours per week.  By federal ...

Production Req'ts
Sep 06, 2012

Does the company you work for have production requirements?  I've never worked with any, but we were just informed that some are coming and that the industry standard is 150+ lines/hr.  I could do 150/hr on a good day, but if there are not a lot of reports available, it would be very hard.  Just looking for others who work with production req'ts and how you cope.  Thanks for your feedback. ...

Well, I'm Under The Gun For My Production.
Sep 14, 2012

I'm at stage 2 now. I've got a conference call for my verbal warning next week. Problem is - I have been in the 'cesspool' for months now. One day I (and apparently everyone else in my group) suddenly had next to no more work from my primary accounts. The account has very apparently gone overseas. Every once in a while 1 report will show up, so I am sure MM has not lost that account. I can see a lone job show up every once in a while in DQM. Since then, I have had no ...

QC Going To Production?
Feb 21, 2015

Is there a date set yet for when QC will be on production? My thought is, if they are going to this and do MLS work as well when no QC available, Nuance probably has to figure out some fancy grid work to figure their pay on this as well. Nuance still hiring like crazy, offering sign on bonuses, recruiting off different web sites, and then some of us sit with OOW, at least on the US only accounts. The last few weeks it has been VERY regular that we run into OOW.  Not even offered to w ...

Why Does It Always End Up Being About Production? SM
Mar 08, 2015

I have never been a top producer, but I have always been consistent and have excellent quality.  All the MTSOs say they want quality but it seems to inevitably come down to producing that line count, no matter what variables come into play, bad dictators, just a bad day, lots of short reports, etc.  All they want is that 250-260 lines edited per day.  I realize there have to be standards and goals but it just seems that in the past copule of years, especially when I worked for Nua ...

Production
Apr 27, 2015

Are there any companies that have any type of incentive plan anymore?  I know several used to have production levels with incentive for reaching different levels but are there any of them left out there anymore? ...

Health Ins. And Production
Nov 09, 2009

If you don't make your production in any given pay period, do they drop your insurance?   Do they give you a warning? ...

Why Is It When You Are Having A Great Production Day,
Jun 07, 2010

the work seems to disappear? I was doing over 400 lph and now no work. This happens every time I have great lph. Can companies do a switch-a-rooney, keeping the work away from people or can the platform be 'fixed' that if you hit a certain lph, no work will download to you? I'm really curious about this. I've been watching this happen for a couple months now. ...

Impossible To Keep Up Production
Jul 11, 2010

I transcribe reports, do ASR reports and I also do MME work.   I find it impossible when I an constantly "switching gears" every day on 5-6 accounts to maintain a decent production.  How can anyone keep up with knowing all the CP's and keeping track of all the details of each account plus do the production we are supposed to do?  If someone has a suggestion, let me know.  We keep getting all these e-mails from QC regarding a complaint from a customer ...

Production Employees (not IC's): How Much
Jul 13, 2010

The compensation structure and "minimum" hourly or daily production expectations often encourage people in our industry to work unreported hours in order to meet minimums.  You have a day when you get a rash of the account's most trying dictators, for instance, and at the end of 8 hours you realize that you haven't met minimums...so you work another hour, while reporting only the 8 hours. Transcription companies are, of course, aware of this dirty little secret and do nothing abo ...

Low Production Due To IT Issues
Sep 22, 2010

I have had a terrible Mon/Tues this week due to the software in my computer being incompatible with the upgrade, or whatever happened with DEP shutdown not being resolved.  How can I get compensated, other than taking PTO.  Have ticket in, but do not know how to document slow production to CCM, as I kept working thinking it was my issue and not the software's, and submitted ticket hours later.  Am I the loser in production/pay?  It would be a gesture of good busines ...

Production/proficiency
Nov 18, 2010

Got a split report.  Never get them.  Had forgotten what I learned in the 6.1 update so had to find it on MQ Central and re-listen to the blessed instructions.  Took forever as it won't let you fastforward to the part of the instructional that you need.  Don't guess their keystroke monitoring cares about that, nor the time I wasted having to do it (yet again).  ...