A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Inactive Time/BOOST bull! - Ninner

Posted: Jun 28, 2012

Ok, not sure if I'm the only one who had this initial perception of the mentoring program and the BOOST initiative, but it is my impression that during my mentoring session it was kind of IMPLIED that if our inactive time decreased our pay would go up...me thinking my daily pay for SR. Inserted in there ever so sneakily from my mentor is the fact that the inactive time has NO BEARING WHATSOEVER on our daily production pay! A low inactive time only affects PTO, downtime, etc., pay which is reviewed and calculated every 6 months! I was initially told that to calculate this rate they take an average of gross LPH over 6 months, so if the gross LPH INCREASES, then the average calculation for the hourly rate will also increase. However, when they send out those little SR statistics, they are ONLY calculating SR...NOT transcription! My mentor indicated that the transcription IS taken into consideration when calculating this hourly rate every 6 months, but my question is then why are they so focused on SR inactive time and not including transcription, though I realize straight transcription is not as much in volume as SR?! IMO, they should calculate inactive time for ALL reports! And though she SAYS they calculate in transcription for those 6 months, how do we really know that's the truth?! Also, why does MModal even care what my hourly rate is for PTO and downtime? The BOOST initiative IMO is nothing more than another way to try to increase our production without proper compensation, to have a reason to "release" employees if they aren't meeting these inactive time goals, to try to figure out how many times I go to the bathroom in 8 hours, and to give the IMPRESSION that they're concerned about our compensation and are trying to do something about it....NOT!!!!!

You are right - Just Me

[ In Reply To ..]
It is good that we can learn ways to improve our productivity, but they are not promising us anything. In fact, I think we are killing ourselves with stress that is unnecessary and nonproductive.

Well said!!! - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Could not agree more, it's just a sham to make us think they care. I read the thread below about the higher productivity/same pay, and I am still trying to pick my jaw up off the floor. Minimum wage in my state is 0.055 cents per line for 150 LPH? Why would I ever do any more than that? WTH is up with this company? I gotta get out of this place.

Why does inactive time or keystroke vs mouse matter at all? - SM

[ In Reply To ..]
We're paid on production, and our total lines should be all that matters to them, period. Why are they wasting so much money to pay people to harass us with this crap? I make my quota, SO LEAVE ME ALONE & LET ME WORK!!

why does inactive time or keystrokes... - kittykat

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand they do not want you to use a mouse too much because you are taking your hands away from the keyboard. EVERY report I have to enlarge the print and turn up and then down my volume and back up and down for some doctors during the same report. Or I have to speed it up or slow it down and sometimes I just lay my hands on my lap and say scre* it all. When I use shortcut keys I sometimes hit the wrong keys and really mess things up, so I prefer my mouse.

Me too. I'm much faster with my mouse on ASR. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

BOOST - ripped off

[ In Reply To ..]
You're right. I went through the same thing and was TOLD the same thing by the mentor. I resigned from MMODAL over a week ago. I got my last direct deposit check from them and it's $100 short! WTH? I guess I'll find out when I see my check stub. Hands on the keyboard, hands off the keyboard, how many times are you using your mouse instead of shortcut keys, etc. They don't give a rip about increasing your pay, it's a load of horse sh*t.

Hmm - Somebody

[ In Reply To ..]
I suspect they are doing some creative accounting with the time clock.

Hmm - Ripped

[ In Reply To ..]
Oh yeah!

Increased line count - MT Gone

[ In Reply To ..]
Yup, before I left I did the mentoring thing, actually got my line count up a bit. I'd been doing most of the stuff anyway, but I picked up a few handy helps. As a special reward my pay got cut....again! Not everyone, just some of us. A few weeks later my PT job went to full time and I quit the day after my account went EPIC. So much for increased production = increased pay. I miss being an MT but like paying my bills on time with $$$ left over!!

Increased line count - FeelYourPain

[ In Reply To ..]
I feel your pain on this one. I resigned a week ago and took on another job. When I worked for MMODAL I was in a region that RARELY ever ran out of work. Then, one day without warning one of their major accounts started using EPIC and the amount of work dropped drastically. I was consistently getting the NJA message. I asked my CCM about it and she said things would "get better" because she was moving some MTs and MMEs around to other accounts. A week went by and things didn't get any better. I was still getting the NJA. I asked her again and she said she would put in a transfer for me. I didn't like the sound of that. I found another job and resigned.

Similar Messages:

Inactive Time
Feb 19, 2015

Does everyone realize that we are given inactive time if the moronic dictator decides to call in and wait 300 seconds before actually dictating a report if they dictate anything at all?  I just did a 400 second transcription job and I spent the first 300 seconds listening to the news in the background while he talked about the news.  I finally type the report and get out of it and see that I was "docked" 2.48 seconds for having to listen to NOTHING.  I already got in trouble for " ...

Got My ASR Production/inactive Time Statistics ;)
Jul 10, 2012

Of course I'm over the "target". Hmm.... they us answering the phone, searching the internet and walking away from the work station. One huge cause of inactive time they are conspicuously leaving out is taking the time to read client profiles! - Especially when I am getting many jobs outside of my usual BOB. I'm happy to do a good job - follow the CP, make sure I have the right drug and dosage because the doctor can't pronounce the drug well enough, find the correct name of a s ...

Inactive Time Figures For ASR Have Been Really Strange During The Past 2 Days.
May 06, 2013

nm ...

Anyone Else Notice A Dramatic Jump In Inactive Time This Week?
May 15, 2013

haven't had to google anything tonight and have 7 mins in 4 hours?!?!?!?!   ...

Do Our Lines Per Hour Include Or Exclude Inactive Time?
Jun 18, 2014

When figuring your lines per hour, is that for the whole time you are clocked in or is inactive time deducted? ...

Wow. I Have Been Clocked In 45 Minutes, And My Inactive Time Shows As 34 Minutes.
May 08, 2013

It appears to be only counting the active time to be the actual time the audio is playing and not all the time I spend in ADT and formatting. Looks like they may be manipulating the figure to ding people "for not actively working" for long periods of time. Hmmm, building another way to fire people? ...

Bull Point
Sep 12, 2012

How do you insert a bull point?  Thanks! ...

FIESA QC Bull****
Oct 02, 2013

I've read the notes on here about people not checking FIESA, but I feel I need to. With constantly being moved around on accounts, I try to actually learn from blanks being filled in and such.  And let me say up front that I do value the QC's and QA's.  They often are able to hear things that I just cannot, and they have to know SO many account specifics just to "fix" things.  But what I hate is that those of us who don't review FIESA, or the managers who ignor ...

ASR Bull Tonight
Dec 15, 2013

ASR has gone slap crazy tonight.   Just had a female dictator who has been on ASR for a while, usually very good reports.  11 minutes of one big ole solid paragraph, took 45 minutes to strighten the mess out.  How in the world can we make money if we only do 1-2 reports every hour.  This is just insane, every ASR so far into this shift has been problematic.   ...

Boost
May 17, 2012

I was wondering what happens when we start to run low on work.  Does Boost accommodate this in our scoring.  ...

CT Of Neck Demonstrates A Multifocal "bull Hee" Heterogeneously
Sep 21, 2011

a multifocal "bull hee" heterogeneously enhancing mixed density lymphadenopathy within the left neck base, highly concerning for nodal metastatic disease. ...

How Can We Boost Production When ASR Is So Bad
Mar 19, 2012

How can we be productive when we spend more time reading profiles than actual time in a report.   Maybe stop the garbage, give is primary accounts, no more ASR, no more bouncing, no more counting mouse clicks, and give us a raise...   I will be more than productive, like I was in the old days. I used to produce 2000 lines a day. I cannot do that now in 2 days. ...

Boost...sorry Medquist
May 12, 2012

OK, it's nearly the end of my 2-week pay period.  I'm way past my minimum line requirements.  My primary account is low on work.  I'm going to clean my kitchen.  Watcha ya gonna do about that? ...

BOOST Initiative
May 30, 2012

Don't you love the long and drawn out explanation of the BOOST initiative.  They have a VR program which is frequently only 10% correct, misses entire phrases, creates entire sentences without one correct word and they want to boost our production by having us never remove our hands from the keyboard so we can all develop carpal tunnel at a faster rate.  What a bunch of geniuses! ...

BOOST Schmoost
Jun 19, 2012

Today's BOOST e-mail went too far.  Now they're monitoring mouse clicks, keyboard shortcuts and pedal time?  They can actually tell which keys we touch or don't touch? Folks, I'm pretty sure this BOOST program was our summer compensation adjustment...type faster... ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

Per Their Boost Garbage, Being
Nov 27, 2012

stalked & forced to keep our hands on the keyboard rather than what feels comfortable for us, now that I'm keeping my right hand on the Ctrl & arrow keys to make constant corrections throughout this ASR garbage, I am starting to have severe hand pain that I've never had before.  I wonder if this is carpal tunnel.  I would imagine their workers comp cases for carpal tunnel are growing by leaps and bounds with this horrible ASR program.  Seems like it would counter ...

Boost Question
Nov 28, 2012

This is a measurement of the amount of audio that is replayed, keeping the highlighter and cursor together and moving smoothly throughout the report.  If you keep the highlighter and cursor moving steadily throughout the report with less stopping, then there is less audio that is replayed, allowing you to complete the job in less time.    The above would work in an ideal world if one didn't have to do a lot of editing, would that be a correct statement?  I mean, if I h ...

Boost Liquid Nutrition
Feb 02, 2010

Boost liquid s/l impreme was provided. ...

Boost - According To Testimonial, A Bit Over $130 Pay Increase.
Jul 27, 2012

Boost didn't help me like that at all. In fact, it didn't make any difference at all in my production. Only learned tricks to keep my inactive time showing as less. Also, according to statistics given in the statistics report, I am producing about the same as most others - which is still minimum wage (in my state). Even the average production is barely above minimum wage (in my state). ...

Can We Opt Out Of This Idiotic Boost Garbage?
Dec 03, 2012

x ...

Minimum Wage Boost
Jun 22, 2014

Did you know that minimum wage will be raised from $8.00 to $9.00 next month, at least in California? So I wonder what that means for Nuance. Does that mean that the minimum line per hour will now be mmore than the current minimum of 186 lines/hour to meet minimum wage without having the company pay MUP or make-up pay? Or does that mean that they will give employees a raise and leave required lines at minimum of 186 lines? I wonder. ...

Okay, Sistas. Lets Talk About BOOST.
May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol. ...

Is That Care Boost Quality Seminar
Jan 26, 2015

TSM says since I got under 99% this week to take this seminar.   What is funny is that a last week I got an email (bc I got 100% that week) saying how well I was doing and keep up the good work.  LOL.  Oops!.  I bet she wishes she didn't send that email!  Anyway, anyone do that Care Boost for Quality seminar and found that it helped at all?  Not sure it's going to....I am positive I will continue being all over the place in my post audits....100 ...

Computer Volume Control Boost. This May Help A Little
Apr 21, 2015

I have a Boostaroo and it muffles the audio when I turn it up on my headset.  Some of these dictators go back and forth in volume and I have caught several mistakes I made on deciding what I hear.   This simple Windows function might help some of you, I noticed a small difference right away. I am also looking into an app to download as I don't have room for a set of speakers up on my work area to plug headset into.   I am going to research more on this with  l ...

I've Decided I'm Not Going To Even Open The Boost Stat Emails
Jun 26, 2012

anymore.  What a morale killer, and they just tick me off.  I already know the shortcuts, but if I find it faster or less painful to mouse occasionally, then that's what I'm going to do.  As long as I'm meeting my quota, then please back off.  Jeez, I've never felt more smothered or stalked by a company. ...

This Is America Where People Are Important - Not COWS! So Stop Telling Me I Have "inactive"
May 16, 2012

QA Keeps Changing Pro-time To Pro-time Or Pro-time Or Pro-time....once And For All, Which Is Correct
Apr 07, 2011

x ...

Getting A Bit Sick Of The "BOOST" Program
May 16, 2012

I proofread EVERY report I send through,,,and I use my mouse to flip through it,,I know that takes a lot of time...Im about ready to say to heck with it and not proofread, my lines will go up and the inactive time will go down,,,unfortunately I care that my reports are done right....Fed up with this crap ...

Trying To Find Part-time Or Full-time Employee Position (hospital/clinic)
Apr 30, 2013

If anyone knows of a hospital, clinic, or large practice offering remote full-time or part-time employee positions, I would really appreciate an email.  I have the sudden need to help support a family member long term (in addition to myself) and really need to find a long-term remote employee position for the stability.  Yes, I watch all the various employment sites and even individual hospital sites, but I was hoping that maybe, just maybe someone who works for a hospital that does th ...