A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Lets see my peeve for today is - sm

Posted: Nov 27, 2012

How do you keep every profile straight when you have about 60 to follow?  And how do you make any money?  Honestly would rather be NJA then handle all these different accounts, at least I could accomplish something like maybe housework, or walking the dogs.

I made up my own client profile and - I follow that to a T!

[ In Reply To ..]
Had enough of the games and I dont care anymore. So, that is what I do. I went from making $17 an hour on average on my own account down to $9 on all of these accounts.

I need to sit down and make my own as well - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
just dont know where to start there are sooo many..have my old ones done, that was enough of a chore, then just had a ton more added on..Ugh this is so frustrating

Or just pull up an old report and follow along. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
If you see allergies are capped, then cap them. If you see PE in caps at left, than do that. If you see a patient name, throw it in, if you see "the patient," then dont add in name...

They make it pretty easy for us to do whatever.
I dont trust that see too many mistakes - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
too many people are doing things differently...I am a perfectionist, which is my biggest problem..I hate to make mistakes and will look and look even though they dont pay me for doing things right..I have to learn not to give a darn.
You are only doing what MModal wants, they dont want - you to care or they would!
[ In Reply To ..]
You are doing as taught.
I had all 15+ of mine down packed - Knew them like the - back of my hand until..
[ In Reply To ..]
we were merged with another group/team or whatever when they did away with a bunch of CCMs back in October.

Believe it or not, you can come to know a group of anywhere from 15 to 17 accounts. BUT when I started getting work from my new CCM's group it became crazy, as she must have well over 20 accounts. Now I am having to learn her account specs too and it's a pain.

Its not the formatting that gets me, its all the little, "ifs, ands & buts" that drive me nots. The special ways you have to do this and that and the certain way CCs have to be entered, the slew of standards that you dont know about unless you slip up and not use it...then, thats when you find out the standard is there (after you make the mistake). Just ridiculous stuff.

And no formal training whatsoever to the new accounts, just tons and tons of emails saying do this, that and the other for this account and Dr. So-N-So. Who can keep up with all of that??

I was doing fine on my little 15 to 17 accounts and even seeing the same docs until they decided to do this restructuring business.
its all the fine details and off the wall requests for - different docs and hospitals that
[ In Reply To ..]
will getcha every time. Thats why its best to keep the same people on the same accounts at all times.

The answer: It's IMPOSSIBLE. And those - slimy MTSOs KNOW it. (nm)..

[ In Reply To ..]
XX

Similar Messages:

My Biggest QA Peeve Today Is...
Sep 20, 2012

Unless the CP states otherwise... When the doctor dictates "Dr. Smith," don't pull in his full name with credentials from the database, just type "Dr. Smith." Example: Dictated: " I called Dr. Smith to the ER. " Type: I called Dr. Smith to the ER. NOT: I called Emmett J. Smith, MD, to the ER. If the doctor does dictate a full name or for some other reason you do pull the name in from the database, remember to put a comma after the credentials if it is in the middle of the sentence. ...

Dear Employer: Today's Pet Peeve
Nov 13, 2010

I've been a transcriptionist for more than 25 years, have worked for 7 different employers, and every one of them has always said that it is required for everyone to work one weekend day, you either work sunday through thursday or tuesday through saturday.  Then I see an email to all employees that says, "please consider changing your schedule to work a weekend day."  WTF?  There are people not already working a weekend day?  That makes me feel pretty stupid for all the ...

Together We Can.... Lets Have Fun With This
May 25, 2010

I know I would rather laugh than cry today and hopefully the amazing creativity on this board will put a smile on everyone's face. ...

ASR Lets Get Some Changes Made!
Mar 12, 2010

I just really want to encourage all of you to make note of things ASR is doing wrong and sending the info in either to support@ or to your CCM.  I have been sending things in and actually getting some changes made here and there.  If we all did it maybe we could help ourselves out at least a little bit. I'm talking about things like you have been correcting text forever and ASR still is not getting it, like on docs who say the same exact same thing every time and it still comes o ...

Regional Hospital In VT Lets 30 MTs Go
May 27, 2010

Fletcher Allen Healthcare in Burlington, Vermont, was in the news this week for dropping 30 medical transcriptionists due to "new technology reducing the need for medical transcriptionists"....how very sad. ...

Lets All Email Our TCM And Ask What Vern, Amy
Dec 18, 2012

x ...

Lets Get Pounding On This Work!
Dec 19, 2012

I just thought that if all MTs would work like crazy from now through Saturday, we could empty the system out and ensure that other MTs who were not approved for PTO could still spend time with their family. Plus, then we would have extra money on our check cause you know the entire week after Christmas into the New Year there will be no work!   Pound it out people. Our Christmas gift to eachother. ...

Okay, Lets Try Tips/hints Again
Apr 01, 2014

The next tip/hint I have for everyone is the comma, semicolon, and colon. First of all, UNLESS YOUR DICTATOR IS VERBATIM, ignore their punctuation. Most doctors I have experience with wouldn’t know proper punctuation if it bit them in the behind. Just because they say “comma” doesn’t mean their correct. I won’t say much about the comma, because I think we all pretty much know how to use that. However, the semicolon stumps some people, especially doctors. A semicolon ...

Pet Peeve..
Aug 07, 2012

Just venting.. why does the dictator feel the need to state, "Briefly..." in every one of her reports, as she starts dictating an almost 30-minute report? Just annoys me! ...

Peeve
Aug 29, 2012

Sorry, I just have to vent. This PhD I type evals for uses the phrase, "The form indicates...."  The form is filled out by the parents.  It would seem to me that the PARENTS indicate -- as the form is an inanimate object and cannot "indicate" anything.  OK, getting off my soap box and back to work.  P.S. She also ends many sentences in prepositions. ...

My Pet Peeve
Jan 26, 2013

It is beginning to drive me CRAZY that these companies never feel like they owe us any explanation whatsoever when we run out of work.  On my job, I will have full lines maybe three days and then the fourth day not one drop of work.  Sometimes, I will email my supervisor to ask her and don't get a response back.  I cannot understand why anyone would feel that we should go to work, not have a single thing to do, and we deserve zero communication as to why! Back when I first s ...

New Pet Peeve
Sep 10, 2014

Dictate on your phone and leave it on buzz so I can decipher through that.. ...

Heres Is My Suggestion, Instead Of Bitching..lets
Feb 02, 2012

Give the new owner a chance..BUT  make up an email address that they cant trace to you and start flooding him with emails of complaint... ...

Okay, Sistas. Lets Talk About BOOST.
May 10, 2012

inactive time, right?  "Inactive time is defined as length of time when neither audio is played nor keystrokes clicked in an open job" as per the email.  SOOOOOO, why dont we all just keep the audio running as we research, go to the bathroom, etc.  Just make a note of where you are in the audio, go do your thing, come back and finish up.  What would MM think of NONE of us had any inactive time anymore, lol. ...

Lets Review For Fun The Denegration Of This Profession
Oct 30, 2012

I came on board in the 1990s, the height of the IC.  I was paid gross line count (for any newbies that is a line per line, no matter how many characters) and I was paid for everything, headers, footers, demographics, if there was a character on that line, I got paid.  Paid 10 cpl and never made anything less than 45,000 to 50,000.  No raises, but back then it was a very good salary, no ridiculous TATs, NO TIME CLOCKS and we had 24 hours to turn back in our work. Yes, TAT needed t ...

New Game Lets Play Guess The ASR
May 24, 2015

Patient female with flattened Amy a "Patient came in with anemia." so very close ASR, so very close ...

My Biggest Peeve
Nov 18, 2009

More than anything, I hate it when they're eating and dictating.  I can't verbalize how upset this makes me.  I'm not asking the dictator to kiss my rear end, but right now I've got an ESL with an incomprehensible accent chomping and chewing in my ear.  AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!! ...

Pet Dictation Peeve
May 25, 2010

Ooooh!  This gets me.  This is an NP who is dictating acute care - "The patient comes in with a diagnosis of non-insulin dependent diabetes 'myelitis'."  Puhleeze!  The same dictator pronounces "organomegaly" as "organomeglea."  It's like hearing someone scratching their fingernails down a blackboard.  Shouldn't these people have had enough schooling to be able to sound out words?! ...

Small Pet Peeve
Aug 16, 2010

After struggling with names like Siobhan, Ahleksi (concocted to prove a point), and Yvan, I am so happy to have a "normal name" such as what sounds like "John Carter." Whew! Finally! A no-brainer! But I start to look it up-- no such thing in the data base. Well! It just happens to be "John Carter" spelled "Gionn Kharter." This is just a not-real-life illustration. But isn't it irritating when you finally get a regular-sounding name and it's not so regular, and the d ...

Dictator Pet Peeve
Oct 12, 2010

I know this is petty, but for some reason, it grates on my nerves to hear:  blah, blah Period space space.   Or Colon space space enter.  I mean, please, are we considered that incompentent?  but on the other end of the spectrum we have those that don't say any punctuation, which is absolutely fine, but a pause would be nice.  It's not necessary to dictate a whole report in one breath. ...

Posting Pet Peeve
Nov 05, 2010

I have a POSTER pet peeve.  When a comment or question is posted about a specific company, why is the original poster likely to never elaborate?  Why are they wasting everyone’s time? What is up with these hit-and-run posts?   Someone makes an outrageous comment or asks a question implying something negative.  Then when you answer and either ask for more information or ask the original poster a question, the original poster is long gone – never to be heard ...

VENTING - PET PEEVE
Jul 18, 2012

I just have to vent.....the thing that I cannot stand most about this job - even more than the pay, the lack of work, etc....is when the dictator CHEWS GUM when he/she is dictating.  The sound of someone smacking their gum, whether in person or on the phone, makes me CRAZY.  I am positive they do not do this in front of patients or other doctors...but since we aren't 'real people' to them...they just smack away.  I can barely get through the report.  OK.  ...

My Present Pet Peeve
Oct 09, 2012

We dont get paid for ADT information,,YET I got back a report I sent through QA and it said I have to fix all the ADT information with ? next to the docs, that is like every report..what the heck? ...

My Biggest Pet Peeve
Feb 24, 2015

has got to be doctors burping in my ears, so gross! ...

Search Previous Dates Like This...if Your Page Only Lets You
Aug 03, 2014

I saw a question the other day asking how to get back farther in the message posts. The board is listed in date order, so what I do if I want to reread, for instance, something from late July, I use the search key above and type in a date the way the dates are shown... 2014-07-23,  then just tap the little search tab! At the bottom of your screen you can scroll through page after page of posts on that day from all the boards. There is good information about Nuance on alot of the boards her ...

WebmedX Buys School - Lets All MTs Go - STUDENTS Doing Work/no Pay?
Oct 10, 2010

I am guessing with the low quality I see that 10:1 they let a plethora of MTs go right AFTER acquiring an MT SCHOOL so that they could have the students do the work as required work for th program and not pay them.  Some of the reports I see look like they were done by a 7-year-old or someone for whom English is a second language. ...

Biggest Pet Peeve -- Let's Hear It!
Oct 12, 2010

Mine is chewing of any sort -- food, gum, etc.  They can't be so busy that they have to dictate while smacking.  ...

Are Timesheets Approved Today? Nothing From TSM On Monday Or Today. NM
Jan 01, 2014

xx ...

Email Working Today? Silent Today.
Feb 25, 2015

By this time in the day, usually, there has been at least 7 emails - several from QA, at least 2-3 backlog updates, and 1 reminder to work our shift and work our entire shift. ...

Pet Peeve. Docs Who Use "in Lieu Of" Incorrectly
Jun 09, 2011

Does anyone else run across this?  I work on a verbatim account and a few of the doctors say "in lieu of" when they clearly mean "in light of."  I've flagged these before, but QA has always left them as is.  It gets on my nerves. ...