A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow - sm

Posted: May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us anymore, not sure the job is worth it. Maybe someone here can explain this more to me and calm me down a bit. Thanks.

It is not about firing you - everyone is getting this mentoring

[ In Reply To ..]
They are trying to make us more productive at ASR, and I believe the reason why will be another pay cut very soon. They will say that they need to keep with industry standards and because we all are doing so well after our mentoring, we should stay at the same income even though they will lower our rate. It is all a hoax. This has nothing to do with anything you are doing wrong at all, and I would just listen to what they tell you, and say thank you so much for all your help, and go about your day. Draws less attention to you. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets grease, but sometimes they just get a new wheel.

Nobody is gonna get any freakin paycuts. - Quit being so negative all

[ In Reply To ..]
the time. When you sit and wait for bad things to happen they do. Learn to speak positive things seriously.

I dont foresee any paycuts coming. I have not had the mentoring but from my understanding its a part of their BOOST project to help people to be more productive and hence earn more money.

Now how much sense would it make to go out your way to help someone make more money, only to turn around and take it away from them again? I dont know about you, but I AM NOT GETTING A PAY CUT.

I don't see how mentoring the MEs - is going to make

[ In Reply To ..]
a difference in the productivity of most. The dictators are the ones who need to be mentored. VR would not be that bad if the idiots creating the reports would speak clearly, open their mouths and slow down. All the "mentoring" (AKA harassing) of the MEs in the world is not going to do a bit of good unless this is accomplished first.
That was on their list of objectives whether - or not they do it...I dont know.
[ In Reply To ..]
But it was one of the things addressed - educating the docs on how to properly dictate with VR.
from what I've heard though - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
even though they were supposed to also look for VR things or technical things that might be hindering production, that is not what is happening. It's just keyboard tips for the MT and that's all.

ASR was supposed to help us be more productive - being so negative

[ In Reply To ..]
and... then we got a pay cut! They want us more productive to earn them more money, not us.

I guess time will tell, and until then, you and I will just have to disagree.

Similar Messages:

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Important Conference Call Tomorrow?
Sep 10, 2013

Important conference call tomorrow.  Wonder what is going on now. ...

ABC News Tomorrow Night...call Centers Coming Back
Feb 22, 2012

Tomorrow night on ABC news they will be doing a special about call center jobs  coming back to America and people making $14 an hour, leaving outsourcing centers because America is 3.5 times more productive.  Tonight they did a segment about a light bulb company coming back from China to Detroit because its cheaper now with the Obama cutting corporate taxes for keeping jobs in America and there was a segment about EMR company that was in Bangladore or wherever coming back to America an ...

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If You Will At Least Get An Email Or Phone Call
May 30, 2010

letting you know you are on 100% QA and your pay is being cut.  Or do you have to figure it out for yourself by checking your pay stub?  I want to know IN ADVANCE....bc if they do that to me, I will SPEED thru my work sending off crap.....not to worry, it's 100% QA so it won't go to the client.  But they will THEN have no choice but to fire me, right?  And then I'll collect my UI.    I don't know if this will happen to me yet, but I did see 2 j ...

Screening Phone Call
Jan 26, 2012

So I passed the MedQuist test and now they want to do a screening phone call tomorrow. What goes on from there?? Will I be hired afterwards?? ...

Rehire Phone Call
Apr 18, 2012

Just got a recorded phone call saying they would like to rehire me (left Medquist last July).  All I would have to do is re-test, interview and then talk to someone else.  No thank you, but did give me a laugh for the day.  Will hopefully never have to go back to them. ...

Did Anyone Else Receive A Phone Call/transfer
Sep 09, 2011

Just wondering if anyone received an "urgent" phone call this past week about switching hours and the need to transfer? ...

Anyone Terminated W/o Phone Call...just Can't Sign In?
Aug 16, 2013

Tried to sign in for my shift tonight....CAN NOT SIGN IN is the message I received.  Called DICTATE, he couldn't sign in for me either.  I received no call, no email.  Did not even get our thrice daily update on work volume....not looking good.  Anyone else have this happen to them? ...

Phone Call For Extra Commitments
Jan 16, 2015

I have to say this is the first time anyone from MM called me personally (the person above my TL) and wanted me to commit to working extra hours today through Sunday..  I already have to work 8 hours today and 8 hours tomorrow... No way.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call? ...

Did Anybody Get E-mail & Phone Call To Test For M-Modal?
May 17, 2012

I have been working for this company since 2009.  Today I got an e-mail to test for M-Modal. When I didn't answer this e-mail, I got a phone call and they left a message saying they e-mailed me and since I didn't e-mail them back, they are calling to ask me to take an MT test. When I tried to call them back, it wouldn't let me do that, and the recording said they would call back tomorrow. I think they should not call people who already work here, and how did they get my e-ma ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

Want To Setup A Phone Number For My Client To Call And Record In My Computer
Jan 17, 2013

Hi, I am a MT and would like to setup Telephone/voice recroding(must save as wav file). Is there anyone who  can help me?. What is the cheapest way to do this? Should I set up Vonage phone for this? Also, it should allow to receive multiple calls from my client. Thank You, George ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

Mentoring - Who's Done It?
Jun 05, 2012

Scary?  Intimidating?  Useful? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

What Is The Mentoring Program?
Jul 08, 2013

I guess I have never heard of this program.  Has anyone actually had success using it or are those testimonies just more fairy dust wishes sprinkled by Shaw? ...

The Mentoring Program
Oct 03, 2014

Happy TGIF, Everyone! After receiving my second corrective action last week, it was strongly recommended by my HDSM that I sign up for the MP with my PC....and she even went so far as to threatened to submit a notation to HR if I didn't do the MP. I've spoken with some of the members in my primary group who told me it was a waste of time and didn't make a difference in their performance. I already knew this, which was why I wasn't gung ho about doing the MP. And after gett ...

Mentoring - Any Ideas Or Advice?
Mar 05, 2010

I am a recent grad and would like to start working part time however, I believe i need more experience in transcribing actual reports. I would like to have a "mentor" so that I can be more confident in my ability to transcribe and not be afraid to apply for a position as a medical transcriptionist. Can anyone give my any ideas or advice? ...

Mentoring A Recent MT Graduate
Apr 26, 2011

Hi! I was wondering if any one out there could mentor me or if they know a company out there does that? I graduated this past February from Kaplan University. I have been looking for job since then and I am unable to find an MT job that I can do from home. If anyone could help I would greately appreciate it. Sincerely, Tracie Hislop ...

Anyone Gone Throught This Mentoring Process Yet?
Apr 24, 2012

How exactly does it work.  Do we log into our reg accounts and they log in to so they can watch us work and tell us easier ways to do our job or how exactly do they do it?  ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Just Finished An Hour Of Mentoring
Aug 13, 2012

Just finished an hour of being mentored.  It was great.  Mentor was very informative and helpful and also very nice.  Can't wait until our next session and can't wait for 7.1!! ...

Thoughts On The Mentoring To Get You To Use Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2013

Any thoughts on the mentoring to get you to use shortcuts and keeping track how many times you use them?  My line counts are well over the minimum, but I feel like I am being forced to use these, otherwise it reflects badly on me. ...

The Dangers Of So-Called Free Mentoring Programs
Mar 07, 2010

Every year there are a few people who start free or for-charge mentoring programs. Stay away from them if they have you transcribing work that they are critiquing. Mentoring is advising, supporting, encouraging, but not having you do their transcription for them for free. Because of privacy issues, you also would be well advised not to send any of your transcription to a 3rd party for help. There are all sorts of red flags. Just be careful. Over the years many of these free programs have turned ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...