A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

non DSP conference call tomorrow - new person

Posted: May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!!

QA - One

[ In Reply To ..]
I am a QC employee at Nuance. I'm really tired of you MTs bitching about the QA audits here.

I'm consistent and the other QA that I know here are consistent. So, you be consistent and quit complaining about us. If you all were more consistent, our job would be a lot easier!

Wow how rude - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
I always felt QA were mentors to MTs, not rude such as you just were.

Horrible!

so reassuring - new person

[ In Reply To ..]
That was a reassuring comment QA person - I have had 4 things reversed in the short time I have been there when I pointed them out to my supervisor saying the QA person was in the wrong. You may be great but I think you have to also agree that there are always a few bad ones in the bunch as I am sure there are in the MT world. I am just trying to get by and I certainly have no problem with being wrong and being corrected but when you are told one thing and you type it that way and then it comes back from another QA stating I was right the first time - you have to see our frustration. I think the majority of us really try our best and I for one always try and look up words, specs etc before sending it through with blanks or questions. Hopefully there will come a day when I won't have to do that
is it true - QA is in India?
[ In Reply To ..]
Heard recently that Nuance QA was in India and... well you can guess the rest. Can anybody out there confirm or deny? Thanks!
Not true...we are onshore...anyone saying different is a LIER - nm...Nuance QA
[ In Reply To ..]
It's Liar - And you call yourself a Nuance QA?
[ In Reply To ..]
Wow!
another QC - Patti
[ In Reply To ..]
Let me say that this person does not speak for me or any of my co-QC at Nuance.

QA rude - bvcmt

[ In Reply To ..]
Just typical of the QA Nazis at Nuance!
I think being a Nazi is a job specification if one - is thinking about QA as a career.....nm
[ In Reply To ..]

Legends - in their own minds

[ In Reply To ..]
who ought to get their own facts straight before patting themselves on the back for their ''consistency''. Get consistent on acct instructions while you're at it instead of wasting production MTs' time with misinformation. (Then, when called on it, no acknowledgement of their own mistake, just silence, sounds of crickets.) Yes, QAs do have many acct specs to keep track of. Just don't be so trigger-happy and eager to play school-marm when you don't have your own facts straight in the first place.)

All QAs are RUDE. I think it's a JOB REQUIREMENT. - and a low IQ is *preferred*

[ In Reply To ..]
just wait for Transcend QA to come on board. You aint - seen nothing yet. They put the
[ In Reply To ..]
R in rude.
Having worked at Transcend, oh my! Webmedx QA were - great, tho. Helpful, professional, consistent, and
[ In Reply To ..]
sensible and productive in their choices. What was important got followed up with personal memos. Petty issues, such as preferences in punctuation that could be done correctly more than one way, were...not issues. A standard to be met.

QA - MT2

[ In Reply To ..]
If this really is a QC person at Nuance, you certainly just proved to me that when I speak with the recruiter that things I hear must be true, very unprofessional. I was looking forward to it, but now, completely disappointed and turned my stomach. Not only did you represent the company with foul language, you are clearly not happy where you are either!

I'm a QC for Nuance - NuanceQC

[ In Reply To ..]
. . . and I will tell you that we are not all like that. Of course I get frustrated when I get an MT that makes the same mistake over and over again, but I keep my frustrations to myself and still give them proper, positive and professional feedback. If the MT is new especially, I try to give them as much positive feedback and advice as I can.
GOOD GRIEF!! - UNREAL!
[ In Reply To ..]
I'll tell ya something, I'm totally frustrated as a QC too. I'm sick and tired of these MTs bickering!!! The amount of blanks they leave in reports is astounding and it's all due to the laziness and not looking things up! That is why I have to leave Nuance ASAP as I cannot put up with it anymore as things fall on deaf ears there. The MTs complain about pay including this lawsuit but purposely as some put it on here leave the blanks due to "because it's not included in their pay". Well I'm just a pee on QC making a ridiculous peanut-type hourly wage without any INCENTIVE AT ALL for the amount of medical terminology I know and the amount of years I've been in it. I cannot wait to get out of this business all together in fact. These MTSOs really have ruined it for a lot of people. It's not even worth spending money going to college to be an MT/QC to make this crap pay and look at what a person has to put up with. YOU ARE SO RIGHT TOO WHEN IT'S THE SAME MT MAKING THE SAME MISTAKES AND BLANKS OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!! I CRINGE WHEN A REPORT COMES UP WITH SOME OF THEIR ID'S BECAUSE I KNOW WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF!

Sorry I cannot stand to read this board anymore and this constant bickering, it sickens me! I'll be the one laughing when I'm no longer working for this company!
Blanks so we don't get destroyed on our score - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I leave a TON of blanks becuase I am terrified of failing an audit based on a subjective word like a, an or the.

I will blank things I am 99.9% sure of becuase it never fails I will get nailed on every TINY little thing that in no way changes the meaning of the dictation.

This is why you get so many blanks. You have struck terror into the hearts of MTs who have tons of exprience and are not allowed to make judgement calls to correct a horrible dictator.
OH BROTHER - GOOD GRIEF!
[ In Reply To ..]
Oh Baloney! I've had MTs who are horrible with ESL dictators even and made numerous mistakes over and over, and some of the easy dictators they miss the "MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY." It has nothing to do with "a, the, an, and. Believe me, I know the MTs IDs who are abusive with the system; are you one of them?

Like I've said, I'll be gone soon due to people such as yourself. I don't grade ever on the, and, a's, so you're barking up the wrong tree. If that is what it is, take it up with your TL and find out who the QC is.
Good Ridance, can't wait - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I send very LITTLE to QA, in fact it is far under the 15%, less than 4%. But when I DO send it, you can bet it is FULL OF BLANKS.

You ask for it yourselves with all your nit picking garbage. And YES we do get marked off for The, A, An, etc.

STICK IT - OH BROTHER
[ In Reply To ..]
Yes, at least hopefully with the IDs they'll know who the perps are! I'm almost sure now you're one of them IMO.

Damned right good riddance! Rather work with a better CLASS of people anyhow who know what they're doing!!!!
Psychic or psycho - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Right sure you know who people are by their IDs. Okay. Trust me, mine isn't one you see often. I have never lost my bonus and I have never exceeded 4% to QA.

But please feel free to insult, it is what Nuance QA does best. We should bow to your greatness.

Your attitude is the problem. Not the MTs who live in FEAR every day, which I am sure you just eat up. You deserve reports full of blanks.
I'll pick "b" - PSYCHO. - Its a job requirement, ya know
[ In Reply To ..]
ONE MORE THING - BYE!
[ In Reply To ..]
Besides that, your feeble excuse of being dinged for the "a, the, and, but, or, so" is a big fat joke! The medical terminology, the ESL dictators, the lack of looking things up is what some of you are real horrible of doing BUT YOU COME ON HERE AND COMPLAIN DAY AND NIGHT, AND I THINK YOU TOP IT OFF AS ONE OF THE BIG ONES after reading some of your posts if "anon" is truly you consistently.

Now I'm done.
Here I said that not all QCs are horrible and then all this. - NuanceQC
[ In Reply To ..]
I didn't realize when I posted my message that I was opening up a window to completely tear the MTs to shreds. I remember being an MT not that long ago, and still have to work in MT mode when I run out of QC work. Speaking from experience, I don't appreciate rudeness and nitpicky behavior either, so I try not to do that when I QC. I only get one or two MTs at a time that I get frustrated with as far as their careless mistakes (no, not for leaving blanks or leaving out articles), but for the most part, I leave feedback as if I were them. Not trying to say I'm perfect or that never make mistakes myself, but I do think before I speak (or type).
Psycho - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
You're just as bad because you opened your mouth and in the same class as the rest of the QCs.
Not my intention at all. - NuanceQC
[ In Reply To ..]
NM.
Also for NuanceQC: Thanks. You can review my reports any time, - and I promise a professional response in turn. NM
[ In Reply To ..]
(The occasional appearance of a professional attitude on these boards is always greatly appreciated and valuable.)
To: NuanceQC - From: Another Nuance QC
[ In Reply To ..]
Nuance QC-peace to you....

I did not mean anything by it. I just read how a few people on here are spreading terrible rumors about QCs and frankly I've had enough of the rumors. They kind of asked for it tonight anyhow especially if you read all the untruths and rumors on here. There is no way an MT gets dinged at all on "the, a, an, but, so" or anything like that, personally I have not seen it and I don't do it myself. That is just totally untrue to the max.

Being an MT is a very detailed-oriented job. It's just my personal opinion that some MTs no matter how much experience they claim they have just "don't have it." Sorry, this is an opinion board and that's my opinion. I did reports while I was working today of either dates in the demographics missing that they did not catch, them putting dates in the report which it clearly states in the MT instructions in the demographics that they do not want "DATE OF SERVICE" on there, wrong templates, wrong medical terminology, had one wrong patient name today, and clearly there are some that appear to me not to have any experience with ESL dictators at all. I have no problem with blanks myself and I encourage it, but from my point of view there are a few Nuance MTs that clearly abuse the system. I can sit here and make a list of the mistakes every day, and believe me they are not because of "and, or, so, but, a or the. These are serious patient care errors.

Let them keep spreading their rumors, though if it makes them feel better to validate themselves, but the truth remains this job being an MT is very detailed oriented. I was an MT myself a while back and took my knocks. But, one thing I will say the pay was much, much better back then - with the kind of pay I was getting I wanted to learn.

This job frankly is just not for me at this point. Being paid a low hourly wage but having to constantly correct errors on some of the same MTs, I'd rather transcribe the reports myself. I am going into a into a different field soon and plus possibly going back to being an MT myself at a different place to where I might get the pay I once had a while back (where I was appreciated for my efforts too.)

PEACE OUT. Have a nice evening.
I was told by QC to leave blanks when not sure because that's their job. - MT
[ In Reply To ..]
When I first started, that's what I was told. "If you're not sure, leave a blank and let the QC fill it in. That's their job." Either way, we get screwed so I personally don't care. Just biding my time until I find a helluva better job.
Peon is a word. - Is your
[ In Reply To ..]
use of "pee on" a play on words or you don't know peon is a word?

QA response - na

[ In Reply To ..]
Unless this person states their name and it is verified that they are indeed on the employee roster at Nuance, I would take this post with a grain of salt. Since the posters do not divulge their names, this could be someone from a different company trying to stir the pot.

Very true. The lack of professionalism does undermine the credibility - an issue QA should be very attuned to. NM

[ In Reply To ..]
(After all, deciding when an error level is undermining the credibility of a report is part of their job.)

THANK YOU!!! - nm....Nuance QA

[ In Reply To ..]

Geez.....what a ......... - nuancemt

[ In Reply To ..]
We wouldn't bitch if QAs were CONSISTENT!!! I've had the same word marked off 2 different ways - first marked off so I started using it the "corrected" way and then another QA marked THAT off. So get off your high QA horse and get a clue.

Not even close to consistent ... or fair - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
QA at Nuance is the worst. I don't know if it is poorly trained QA or if it is the policies they follow. It is unfair and inconsistent.

When QA gets on here and complains, it makes me laugh. Its not like 1 or 2 people make this claim, it is tons of people who make the same claim.

Nuance QA is THE WORST in the industry.

non DSP - newbie 2

[ In Reply To ..]
No word re. non-DSP conference call, but certainly do agree with you all the way!

non DSP - new person

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe you have better QA scores than some of us. My average right now is over 99 percent but I have had some bad ones. We will see. Maybe it's only on the 2 accounts that I was assigned but I have only worked on the primary so far. Have not had need to go to second account

well I am now a part of Nuance - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
but have no idea what DSP is.

QA Webmedx - FormerWebber

[ In Reply To ..]
I worked for Webmedx for almost 4 years. The whole time I was there, QA members always treated me with respect, and I always felt comfortable when asking for help from them.

agree with great QA at Wmx - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
They were informative and helpful if you did make a mistake, and always willing to help and answer questions. Consistency was there too. They were a dream, now I am in a nightmare with current QA!

Agree with Former Webber - I miss the old Webmedx

[ In Reply To ..]
Our Webmedx QA people have always been great and professional. So far with Web/Nu, I have still had the same experience with our QA people. So far, they seem to be the same QA people. Knock on wood.

I need to clear this QA thing up - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
QC: They are onshore and their corrections do not count against your overall QA score at all. Therefore, if they are rude (and I have not personally experienced this) or inconsistent, it really should be taken with a grain of salt. These reports will say "Pending" in FIESA. These corrections are made before the report goes to the client/hospital. If you feel these are unfair, you can still bring it up to your TL, but they don't count against you on your QA score.

QA: They are offshore. They make corrections (yes, quite inconsistent and sometimes ridiculous) on reports that have already gone to the client/hospital. They will say "Post Audit" in FIESA. They DO count against your overall QA score.

They are 2 very different entities. I hate to see the QC getting a bad wrap on here when it's really the QA (Post Audit) that are causing the trouble. Just wanted to clear it up. Even the QC is at the mercy of the offshore QA.

Thanks. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Not sure why someone would give this post a "Dislike." I found it informative.

oh, they probably figure I'm in management or something - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
which I am not. I just have a great TL who explains all of it to me and thought it would be helpful to pass it on. Glad it helped you.
Thanks for breaking that down. - NuanceQC
[ In Reply To ..]
NM
Sounds like your TL needs to get EDUCATED on - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
on the QA department and where they are really located as QC and QA are BOTH done onshore not offshore!

Oops. Just realized I signed "sm" like you did. Now some will - believe you thanked yourself. : ) nm

[ In Reply To ..]
xx
Well, I guess I'm welcome! :) - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
x

You are wrong...QA is NOT offshore! We also - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
audit the offshore work so please get your facts straight! Nuance offshore is a separate entity and has been since Nuance purchased Focus. Now I wonder if you even really work for Nuance since you are spreading LIES, as those who work for Nuance KNOW this!

I am not wrong. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
Perhaps your particular account is an onshore only account, but for the account I am on, it is offshore QA.

FYI, there are probably a few accounts that do not offshore. I need to correct my previous post. Not all accounts have offshore QA, but mine does. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. At any rate, I am just a faceless poster. Don't trust me. Ask the right people the right questions if you want answers you can trust.

Have a nice day.
"probably a few accounts that do not offshore" - wow... - see message
[ In Reply To ..]
That is a big assumption.

Tell the truth. You have no idea how many accounts are on/offshore and what the QA/QC status is of ANY of them, except perhaps your own.

Do not spread rumor.
Do not be so naive. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Look at the FIESA website at the very bottom. This is what is says:

"Copyright © Nuance Transcription Services India Pvt. Ltd. All rights reserved.
Best viewable under 800X600 pixcels."

Notice how they spell pixels, too. Time to wake up. You have no idea what you are talking about. I don't profess to know everything about the subject, but you must admit, you don't either.

Since you want to keep this thread going.
You are an idiot...that does not mean QA/QC is done in - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
in India. Fiesa and some of the other TECHNOLOGY is done in India. Even SOME of the tech support is in India too for major issues, otherwise we deal with the techs in the U.S. That is how RUMORS get started. Start noting the NAMES of the people who audit your reports....DUH!!
EXACTLY ...especially since they are WRONG. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
I work in the QA Dept and we are ALL onshore. We all interact which is how I know. They are MY teammates. So unless you work in QA/QC you would not know. Onshore and offshore are TOTALLY separate.

So the Indians are QA and determine my incentive pay? - mt2

[ In Reply To ..]
Nice. Makes my day.

I am QA at Nuance and certainly NOT offshore. I am... - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
...a U.S. citizen and reside in the continental states.

Me too! Someone is spreading some seriuos LIES! - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Important Conference Call Tomorrow?
Sep 10, 2013

Important conference call tomorrow.  Wonder what is going on now. ...

Anyone Doing The KS Conference Call?
Jul 28, 2010

I'm not sure if I have any questions, but I would like to know what others have to say, anyone else going to be joining in or already has?   ...

Oh Joy! WMX Conference Call This P.m.
Apr 18, 2011

. ...

Conference Call/pay?
Feb 16, 2012

So, we're scheduled for an upcoming conference call and have to be clocked off but will get paid forour time.  So .  . . do we get paid that ridiculously low PTO time that obviously is getting lowered for practically all of us every 6 months?  Does anyone find it strange that 99% of us have had our PTO pay cut soooo much over the years?  Might be a good time to bring it up, during the conference calls, so that we can all chime in about it at the same time.   ...

QA Conference Call
Jul 10, 2012

So if you disagree with a QA score done within the last week of the quarter, you are out of luck.  So even if they are wrong you lose your QA bonus for 3 months.  QA is horrific at this company and the quarterly thing is unfair.  Supposedly  they are "talking" about changing it back to monthly, maybe we should all give a little push for that !!! ...

My Take On This Conference Call.
Oct 16, 2012

Let me get this straight!  There are still more MTs in-house than outsourced.  We all need to apply to hospitals and clinics.  I know we might get bought out, but geesh...  at least you could make more money with better benefits for even 6 months or more before MMmodal will GETCHA YA! The company stated they are trying to UNDERSTAND OUR FEEDBACK AND COMPREHEND WHAT WE ARE TRYING TO SAY??  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Company created an MT Task Force to represent our int ...

Conference Call The Other Day With COM And She
Mar 07, 2014

What exactly does this mean? Are we at risk of losing our work and to who? They continuously ask us for more and more. The COM said she had sleepless nights about the account but also said she doesn't type because she chooses not to. That really struck a nerve with me and several of my MLS team members. What kind of team work is that when you're manager is not even willing to pitch in when things are dire? ...

OTI Conference Call .....
Sep 03, 2014

That call didn't tell me anything I didn't already know from L's email.   We're still up in the air!! ...

MDI/Transcend Conference Call
Nov 17, 2009

Alrighty, what do you all make of that conference call? I seem to have heard confilicting information, would you agree?  Line rate decrease definite, oh wait, everything taken on individual basis... which is it?  What do you all make of this latest?  ...

Missed The Conference Call..
Nov 27, 2009

Can someone please give me a recap?  ...

Had Conference Call; Did Not Lose My Job
Apr 12, 2010

"They" were actually referring to a different incident, a few days before this one, where I had signed off after being bounced around for 1-1/2 hours and could not make heads nor tails of the ESL dictators.   I had sent in an explanatory note that time too. Anyway --- there was a viable two-way conversation.  They didn't make a big deal out of the form -- told me to just sign it and forget about it --and it eventually will fade into remote history. For me, it's fine be ...

Conference Call/meeting
Feb 16, 2011

It is such a beautiful day today, finally spring is here.  I have DQS refresher course today and am going to take my laptop to the back porch.  2 hours in the sun, with some iced tea and a spring breeze, don't mind if I do!  ...

Anyone On The Conference Call This Morning?
Aug 24, 2012

just wondering what news, if any, for transcenders.  will probably attend later one but wonder if worth the time.  thx ...

Conference Call 10/15/2012
Oct 17, 2012

Maybe if MModal hired fewer employees from Microsoft they could afford to pay transcriptionist better and allow for cost of living raises.  I have been a transcriptionist for going on 30 years and this company is one of the reasons we can't make a living wage.  I am so tired of hearing the term "industry standard" because in the past when I worked with other companies and directly in-house I was paid more.  Just because it is the "industry standard" does not make it right. &n ...

Web Presentation Vs Conference Call
Apr 17, 2013

I see why they do their presentation this way as opposed to a live conference call where people could chime in and demand to know what in the hell is going on. While listening, I kept thinking I was watching an SNL skit, it was so dry, controlled and phony. Nothing was accomplished. I actually thought- hoped - we'd get encouraging words of a steady work flow and better pay. We could use Michael Moore on our side. ...

Conference Call Highlights For Me
Apr 17, 2013

#1. People loved mentoring, so there's more coming. This might be true for some (most?) but during mine, my stats dropped 20%. The coach told me almost every single person hated it and that they were mean to her. She also didn't know that reports sent to QA cost us at all. #2. On this chart you can see that 20% of you want jobs to stay in the U.S. Here's an Indian guy to read slides and kudos from the hospitals! #3. I guess people are making 3% more, so that's one year of ...

This Is A Video Of Every MM Conference Call
Jan 24, 2014

I thought this was cute.  The only thing they left out is "the suckup" on every call ...

Medical Ink Conference Call?
Mar 25, 2014

Anyone else get this email about a conference call?  Just wanted to make sure its legit.  Thanks! ...

Medical INK Conference Call
Mar 25, 2014

For anyone who has attended the call or works there already, do they have schedule requirements or minimum line counts? ...

Conference Call With MM Coming Up...
Jun 30, 2014

I am not accepting the job, but I just wanted a few good "insider" insights/questions to throw back at them. It is a mandatory call I have to participate in. I already have all the crappy reviews from Glassdoor and an article stating MM was voted the worst company in US to work for. I've been reading MTStars for months so I already know a lot about MM. TIA! ...

Well, OTIers, What Did You Think About That Conference Call?
Sep 05, 2014

d ...

Is That 30-minute Conference Call Regarding The
Dec 04, 2014

It's during my shift so if it's not, I think I'll skip it--I don't think it's going to shed any new light on this whole ridiculous plan.... ...

Any Info On The Conference Call?
Dec 16, 2014

Missed the call. Any info? Good or bad? ...

New Compensation Conference Call
Mar 19, 2015

So as they were all taking names and everyone talking over each other, whose QA do you suppose will be extra stringent this week? Hmmmm????? This was SUCH a load of crap! I'm very glad folks spoke up, though. They had to know it wouldn't be easy, but really, what was even the POINT of it? And shift differential being taken away, but still available on the weekends? If the REASON was Time Stamp issues on the system, you couldn't do it for the weekends, either. I do ...

Acusis Global Conference Call
Jul 28, 2010

What a joke....A whole lot of big words with not much being said other than "we" bring in 4.1 million in revenue and congratulations on successfully taking away work from the US MT team and given to the India MT team.  YAY!!!  What a success!!  Aren't "we" proud?  I don't know about the "we," but personally my checks are not even half as much as I made before SR...so where's that 4.1 million going?  I hope the suits at Acusis can sleep well at ni ...

Joint Commission Conference Call.
Jul 01, 2013

This is on Facebook. mymt.me shared a photo. ...

Joint Commission Conference Call
Jul 31, 2013

Does anyone remember the post about the Joint Commission Conference Call that was supposed to take place on July 23? I am wondering if this call took place and what the result was. I don't see anything on the poster's facebook page, but I am not savvy with facebook. I'd be curious to know the outcome, if any. http://forum.mtstars.com/489327.html ...

Was There Another Mercedes Conference Call Today?
Sep 10, 2014

d ...

We Had A Conference Call With Our HDSM Today...
Oct 22, 2014

...to announce she (KK) has been promoted to a team scheduling type of position at MM starting early next month and another HDSM by the initials of KM will be taking over for KK. According to KK, KM is really nice and there are other MTs who are excited that she is taking over for KK.  Whatever.  I've only been with MM for 8 months so it's not going to rattle my world all that much.  KK was nice and I will miss her, so only time will tell if KM is as nice as KK says she ...

Conference Call For My Scolding Coming Up...
Mar 05, 2015

Failed January and February audits by a hair.  Just got my email for a conference call.  So I wonder if it will be PM or firing?  Any ideas?  I feel like a little kid with a bad grade on my report card.  The thing is...if this were a report card my score would be considered great!   Anyone else have this happen that can give me a clue what is going to happen, please, nicely???    ...