A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Phone call for extra commitments - Sk

Posted: Jan 16, 2015

I have to say this is the first time anyone from MM called me personally (the person above my TL) and wanted me to commit to working extra hours today through Sunday..  I already have to work 8 hours today and 8 hours tomorrow... No way.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call?

no phone call for me - YET

[ In Reply To ..]
I wish I knew how much work was out there so I can plan accordingly. 8 hours of sitting and staring at a computer screen and listening to a bunch of ungrateful dictators is enough for me.

Work flow - Nana

[ In Reply To ..]
Had a call 2 days ago from "work flow team" asking for extra work. I politely said cannot do!

I did - NM - fadingstar

[ In Reply To ..]
NM

Call for OT commitments - Sk

[ In Reply To ..]
Now I get an email saying that the work is low and if you run out of work don't put in for OOW?!!
What's going on here?

Not Surprised - fadingstar

[ In Reply To ..]
The one thing I've learned here in this company is that nobody knows how to manage the pools. Panic and overtime is always followed immediately by OOW tickets. You'd think they'd learn this by now.

Can't learn what you don't pay attention to - - I agree

[ In Reply To ..]
There's nothing that makes me madder than being "forced" to do overtime and yet you either don't get your account because everyone else has jumped in and done it with the mandatory overtime or you run out of work completely and have to use PTO or no pay.

D.O. - TJ

[ In Reply To ..]
It is what I call the BIG D.O. (Dream On) They think they can threaten, drop our lines, drop our pay, do all manner of things to hurt us instead of helping us, and think I will pull their OT. I say D.O. No more will I help out like that. It is not appreciated. It is just like someone said it is either panic or no you cannot do this or that. I am beyond caring what these people say, threaten, do. It is horrible how they treat each and every one of us. If people want to do the OT, that is their business but I find that if I do it, I get accounts I generally do not work on, and therefore, my line count suffers and usually my quality. So no thanks MM. No thanks. D.O.

D.O. - Exactly and to make

[ In Reply To ..]
matters worse, THEY DON'T CARE! It is just a ploy to see who will jump through their hoops. I don't even answer my phone or answer the e-mails any longer, I just log in and do my shift and log off. If I don't have enough work, then I file for partial UE. And when I am OOW, I am seeking another job. They can go _____ themselves!

I still haven't heard anything - from MM

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe I'm not good enough for them to call and request to work extra. :)

Consider yourself LUCKY - Sk

[ In Reply To ..]
This is the second time in 5 days that they have CALLED requesting OT.... Agreed. D.O.

Similar Messages:

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If You Will At Least Get An Email Or Phone Call
May 30, 2010

letting you know you are on 100% QA and your pay is being cut.  Or do you have to figure it out for yourself by checking your pay stub?  I want to know IN ADVANCE....bc if they do that to me, I will SPEED thru my work sending off crap.....not to worry, it's 100% QA so it won't go to the client.  But they will THEN have no choice but to fire me, right?  And then I'll collect my UI.    I don't know if this will happen to me yet, but I did see 2 j ...

Screening Phone Call
Jan 26, 2012

So I passed the MedQuist test and now they want to do a screening phone call tomorrow. What goes on from there?? Will I be hired afterwards?? ...

Rehire Phone Call
Apr 18, 2012

Just got a recorded phone call saying they would like to rehire me (left Medquist last July).  All I would have to do is re-test, interview and then talk to someone else.  No thank you, but did give me a laugh for the day.  Will hopefully never have to go back to them. ...

Did Anyone Else Receive A Phone Call/transfer
Sep 09, 2011

Just wondering if anyone received an "urgent" phone call this past week about switching hours and the need to transfer? ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

Anyone Terminated W/o Phone Call...just Can't Sign In?
Aug 16, 2013

Tried to sign in for my shift tonight....CAN NOT SIGN IN is the message I received.  Called DICTATE, he couldn't sign in for me either.  I received no call, no email.  Did not even get our thrice daily update on work volume....not looking good.  Anyone else have this happen to them? ...

Did Anybody Get E-mail & Phone Call To Test For M-Modal?
May 17, 2012

I have been working for this company since 2009.  Today I got an e-mail to test for M-Modal. When I didn't answer this e-mail, I got a phone call and they left a message saying they e-mailed me and since I didn't e-mail them back, they are calling to ask me to take an MT test. When I tried to call them back, it wouldn't let me do that, and the recording said they would call back tomorrow. I think they should not call people who already work here, and how did they get my e-ma ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

Want To Setup A Phone Number For My Client To Call And Record In My Computer
Jan 17, 2013

Hi, I am a MT and would like to setup Telephone/voice recroding(must save as wav file). Is there anyone who  can help me?. What is the cheapest way to do this? Should I set up Vonage phone for this? Also, it should allow to receive multiple calls from my client. Thank You, George ...

OT Commitments Needed
Dec 23, 2014

Oh, my gracious, OT needed.  All hands on deck! Wait! Caught up! No OT needed! JHC ...

Mandatory Goals/commitments Gauntlet.
Jun 29, 2014

I have been in Performance Mgmt for a long, long time...perhaps a year or more.  I've come to the conclusion that my managers just don't like me.  Why?  I'm not really sure, other than my longevity in the business.  Most of them know I have double or triple the years of experience as their QAs.  I am scrutinized much more than my colleagues, I'm certain of it.  I just want to be left alone...just let me wear beige and sit in the back row please! ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

What's That, TSM? You Are Asking For Extra Help
Jan 08, 2015

Well, let me think about this....I just checked Fiesa and I have two 100% reports in there.  I'm normally off Thurs/Fri.  So if I just don't work anymore chances are good I will stay right at that 100%.  If I do (and I KNOW I'll get the worst dictators AND my backup account I rarely work on, happens every time in this situation)....but chances are HIGH that I will get that worked audited and then drop below 100%, prob evening falling off the "grid" and/or having to ...

Why Do They Keep Asking For Extra Hours?
Nov 10, 2009

I don't know about you all but my CCM is constantly asking us to work "extra," even when there are no late jobs and not an over abundance of dictation.  What is the deal?  The other night we were requested to work at least 1 extra hour.  Tonight they are asking again.  I don't know about you all but I have a family and other things I like to do other than work.  Don't they realize we have lives away from MQ???  Besides, that extra hour is really not g ...

Extra Strength
Nov 25, 2009

The doctor dictates: The patient's back pain responds fairly well to Tylenol; in fact better than ibuprofen. He typically takes 1 Extra Strength three times a day. Do I capitalize Extra Strength because it is assumed part of Tylenol? Or do I leave it lower case because it is not typed with the brand name Tylenol? ...

Where Does The Extra Money Go?
Sep 27, 2010

I assume that the MT companies set up a contract with the client for them to pay on a per-line basis.  Of course, they charge more than they pay us; that's how they make their money & that's fine.  But what I'm wondering is... when we get a report that comes in as VR instead of straight typing, where does the extra money go, since we get paid less for VR.  I feel like I work just as hard, if not harder on VR than typing a report.  So why don't we make ...

Extra-axial
Oct 04, 2010

Is extraaxial (brain tumor) one word or is it hyphenated?  ...

Extra-strength
Oct 24, 2010

is extra-strength Tyelnol hyphenated? ...

MD-IT Needs An Extra Few Days To Pay Me
Nov 01, 2010

was just told that md-it was going to need an extra few days to pay me. This is not the end of the world for me, but it does make me worry a bit about their financial health. Could someone out there tell me if they have had this problem too? ...

All This Hub Bub About Needing Extra Help For
Nov 07, 2010

I sit with NJA....on my SCHEDULED day to work. Once again, thanks a lot MQ for your oh so talented way of giving OT and incentives when they aren't necessary and taking away work from people who are actually scheduled to work. I appreciate it. ...

When They Pay You The $10/hr Extra Incentive
Mar 24, 2012

to work OT, do you still get time-and-a-half line rate, or is it straight line rate plus the $10/hr? ...

Extra Bonus
Jun 24, 2013

Just wondering to those of you who received the last quarterly bonus, how long did it take for them to pay you the bonus.  I didn't receive it last time but should receive it this time.  I know the quarter ends the end of June and last time they sent e-mails stating it would take a little while.  Thanks for any info! ...

Why I Will NEVER Work EXTRA
Aug 22, 2013

Every time that I log onto the system, I am reminded how disrespected, how underpaid, how unappreciated that I truly am. So - MTSO - you can publish your "SOS, EXTRA HELP NEEDED!" messages all you want.  If it ever comes down to your being willing to PAY for me to give precedence to YOUR needs, perhaps I'll consider it.  MEANWHILE, GO SUCK AN EGG, YOU BLOODSUCKERS!! ...

Should Be Some Extra Scraps Of Work For Us
Jan 22, 2010

January 26 is Republic Day in India. It is one of their most important events/holidays in India.  It is kind of like our 4th of July.  It is the anniversary when they became a republic.  They will be dancing in the streets, eating tons of Chaat and drinking lassi until the cows come home (literally), I guess.  (I have an Indian friend who tells me these things.) Maybe we will have some extra work.  Some of them will be working, but not all I would imagine.  Whoo. ...