A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

The Mentoring Program - Coco

Posted: Oct 03, 2014

Happy TGIF, Everyone!

After receiving my second corrective action last week, it was strongly recommended by my HDSM that I sign up for the MP with my PC....and she even went so far as to threatened to submit a notation to HR if I didn't do the MP.

I've spoken with some of the members in my primary group who told me it was a waste of time and didn't make a difference in their performance.

I already knew this, which was why I wasn't gung ho about doing the MP. And after getting another failed audit this week with 99.5, I figured what would really be the point in doing the MP if I can't acheive the unrealistic score of 99.7?

For those of you who have done the MP, have you seen a difference in your performance and audit scores?

Have a great weekend! Smile

IMHO it's a waste of our time & their money. There's nothing - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
they can tell you that we don't already know. Heck, we could probably teach them a few things since we actually work on this system all day every day & they don't. When's the last time your QC has ever actually done a report? But if they want to pay you to listen to "tips" you already know, then whatever.

mentoring program - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
There was a Quality Coach who did go in and work in Fluency every day and she mentored her MTs appropriately. Unfortunately they got rid of the best Quality Coach they had back in April. The person who replaced her is a joke. She doesn't even answer email, never mind mentor! This is what this company wants....anyone who doesn't have a clue about anything.

Similar Messages:

What Is The Mentoring Program?
Jul 08, 2013

I guess I have never heard of this program.  Has anyone actually had success using it or are those testimonies just more fairy dust wishes sprinkled by Shaw? ...

Mentoring - Who's Done It?
Jun 05, 2012

Scary?  Intimidating?  Useful? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

Mentoring - Any Ideas Or Advice?
Mar 05, 2010

I am a recent grad and would like to start working part time however, I believe i need more experience in transcribing actual reports. I would like to have a "mentor" so that I can be more confident in my ability to transcribe and not be afraid to apply for a position as a medical transcriptionist. Can anyone give my any ideas or advice? ...

Mentoring A Recent MT Graduate
Apr 26, 2011

Hi! I was wondering if any one out there could mentor me or if they know a company out there does that? I graduated this past February from Kaplan University. I have been looking for job since then and I am unable to find an MT job that I can do from home. If anyone could help I would greately appreciate it. Sincerely, Tracie Hislop ...

Anyone Gone Throught This Mentoring Process Yet?
Apr 24, 2012

How exactly does it work.  Do we log into our reg accounts and they log in to so they can watch us work and tell us easier ways to do our job or how exactly do they do it?  ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Just Finished An Hour Of Mentoring
Aug 13, 2012

Just finished an hour of being mentored.  It was great.  Mentor was very informative and helpful and also very nice.  Can't wait until our next session and can't wait for 7.1!! ...

Thoughts On The Mentoring To Get You To Use Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2013

Any thoughts on the mentoring to get you to use shortcuts and keeping track how many times you use them?  My line counts are well over the minimum, but I feel like I am being forced to use these, otherwise it reflects badly on me. ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

Is The CareerStep Medical Coding Program A Good Program?
Nov 22, 2010

TIA ...

The Dangers Of So-Called Free Mentoring Programs
Mar 07, 2010

Every year there are a few people who start free or for-charge mentoring programs. Stay away from them if they have you transcribing work that they are critiquing. Mentoring is advising, supporting, encouraging, but not having you do their transcription for them for free. Because of privacy issues, you also would be well advised not to send any of your transcription to a 3rd party for help. There are all sorts of red flags. Just be careful. Over the years many of these free programs have turned ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...

Question For All MTs', Especially Trained By Mentoring Process And Did Your Time In The Trenche
Apr 29, 2010

Hi, I'm a former Acute Care Transcriptionist who has 12 years hospital, 2 years clinical experience including not cherry-picking and found out years later that their most experienced transcriptionist refused to do an account I was put on due to the ESL ratio.  They did try to make me feel like I was the one who was stoopid, etc..... aside from that....I retired from this profession to home-school my children full-time, be a wife and mother...hubby is very high maintenance.... Any ...

"Welcome To Mentoring."
Nov 05, 2012

I'd rather not!  I wouldn't need it if I wasn't constantly in other pools having to check each account specifics!  On the rare days I exclusively have my accounts my line count is above and beyond. Since its mandatory, I guess I have no choice. Thanks for nothing.  ...

About That TAA Program...
Jan 07, 2010

I know you have to be drawing unemployment to quality for this.  Does anyone know exactly what this is and what the benefits are?    ...

FTP Program
Mar 15, 2010

I had a company send me an IP address to take a test. Once I e-mailed them back and asked what in the world am I suppose to do with this, they told me I had to have a FTP program. I tried one and it confused me to no end. Does anyone have any ideas on FTP programs? Thanks a lot! ...

Yet ANOTHER New Program???
Jun 09, 2011

Is it just me, or is this Cornerstone BS this just another way to chip away at our paychecks?  ...

ASR Program
May 06, 2012

The abbreviation "q.d." is listed as one of the dangerous abbreviations and we are not supposed to use it, ever.  Yet when someone dictates the word "daily" in a report, ASR routinely substitutes "q.d." in its place.  This is just wrong and has to be corrected manually. ...

Does Anyone Have A Program Where We Can
Sep 04, 2012

These counts just seem awfully low to me for some reason..wouldnt be the first time they skimmed them...short of actually sitting and counting characters was wondering if there is a program out there that I could use ...

Tax Preparer Vs. Do It Yourself Program
Oct 15, 2009

I have hired a CPA friend to do my taxes the last umpteen years and now would like to just do it myself with TurboTax or the like.  Does it work well for schedule C... and all the few deductions, health insurance premiums, etc., or am I best to fork over the big bucks?  Thanks, Connie ...

Lantus XYZ Program
Dec 09, 2009

This is an elderly female with a ton of issues.  Her diabetes is way out of control, and the doctor is looking into switching her to a Lantus "xyz" program.  Thanks. ...

Free Fax Program
Mar 19, 2010

Are there any free fax software programs? ...

New Incentive Program.....
Mar 15, 2010

I like how they try to make this seem great.  It's probably no better or worse than we were before with the monthly incentives.  When I got that email that said "line rate change" I really thought it was another pay cut. I tried to figure how much the increase would be.  I figured that the raise would give me 7 cents more per hour or about 56 cents a day? That can't be correct, although considering who we are dealing with.....maybe it is?  How do you figure exactl ...

Has Anyone Done The MT Program At MedL*ne
Apr 18, 2010

Hi everyone. Has anyone  had any experience with MedLi ne Sc hool of Medical Tran scription ? I can't find any posts on that school. Any graduates from there?   Thanks, Brenda     ...

Allied Program
Apr 22, 2010

Has anyone here completed the Allied program? I'd appreciate hearing about your experience, any job assistance they may provide, & whether you'd make the same choice if you could do it again. Thanks! ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On?
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...

What's The Best Program To Run DSS Files On
Aug 01, 2010

I downloaded ExpressScribe but the sound isn't that great.  I'm not sure if it's my file or if there's a better FREE program to download.  The files I'm trying to transcribe are .dss. Don't mean to be cheap, but I don't want to buy a program to test on if I'm not going to need it later. ...