A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

anyone gone throught this mentoring process yet? - sm

Posted: Apr 24, 2012

How exactly does it work.  Do we log into our reg accounts and they log in to so they can watch us work and tell us easier ways to do our job or how exactly do they do it? 

Is it just me, or would anyone else feel annoyed - having someone watch them work? seems like

[ In Reply To ..]
that would throw your rhythm off, knowing someone is watching your every move.

I think it would slow me down. Kinda like when someone is watching you type, you start to make typos.

Trying to figure it out - Nobody

[ In Reply To ..]
Is it possible that MModal has lost a lot of the bigger accounts and now we just have a great many much smaller accounts with much less work and that is part of the reason that we have such limited line counts?

Interesting... - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
While I've only run out of work on holidays, I have not noticed that.

BUT I left MModal (Spheris) came back and all the big accounts I had are gone. Now they are smaller hospitals. I don't know why? I would love to say it's the quality thing, but who knows.
I didn't realize they had lost any big accounts? - What accounts did they lose?
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
I sure as heck am not going to say - AnonToo
[ In Reply To ..]
But when I quit I might.
Lose accounts wouldnt surprise me a bit - look at the crap in docqmanage
[ In Reply To ..]
the stuff that the hospitals see? HOW SICKENING!!!! If I were a doctor I would drop us in a second and go to an inhouse system..Or at least someone who knows what they are doing..Hey you get what you pay for, hire cheap employees and fire the expensive ones, it shows very quickly...
Many CCMs and mng from Spheris went to Nuance. - SM
[ In Reply To ..]
Wonder if accounts went with them. I don't know, simply speculating.

Limited line counts? I dont get what you're saying - and what that has to do with

[ In Reply To ..]
the mentoring program? I think everyone's line count varies and as part of their "boost initiative" they are trying to see what they can do to help people improve their line counts and increase productivity.

Not sure what you mean by losing accounts?

Been shadowed before.. - AnonToo

[ In Reply To ..]
Unlike when they are doing something from tech support, you don't notice them doing crap. I wasn't sure that she was even there, but she was and she was good at picking up the things I did good and the only suggestions she had were some shorthand cuts and macros. I can't remember as it's been awhile. Very nonintrusive and like my husband says if they wanted to, they could be doing this anyway without our knowledge. I really could not care any less, I do my work, and if they don't like it (like if I take three 5 minute breaks instead of two 15 or whatever) they can let me go. It's not that big brotherish.

That said I don't like how the industry has changed as far as quality of product and of course pay, but that's my issue. It's not going to change back while I'm old enough to work (only in my 40s and I do NOT see it changing back ever let alone in the next 25 years).

Yes. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I had one mentoring session. Thought it would be the only one. But then received an email for another one. So I just emailed my resignation letter. I don't feel that I'm the problem here. I don't need to change. They need to. They need to give me a real incentive to work. I got another part-time job last september and I was going to quit then but didn't. So this is it. Goodbye Medquist. No more taking advantage of me.

bye... good luck - what a shame

[ In Reply To ..]
It is such a shame that they have to mentor us. Why not mentor the programmers of ASR? Why not mentor the doctors who dictate?

I wish you the best.
those ASR programmers are untouchable - slave wages
[ In Reply To ..]
Apparently made of Teflon or something. Not held accountable in any way. Seeming to answer to no one.
thanks - :)
[ In Reply To ..]
x

I'm in it now (sm) - crank

[ In Reply To ..]
My production has been in the toilet for awhile now, so I was "recommended for the program." Meh, I figure it beats the bum's rush.

The coach is a bit chipper for my taste, but she's friendly and very careful not to offend. My self-awareness and self-deprecation took her back a bit, but I figure I might as well be honest about my contribution to my problem; honesty makes just about any process work better.

Each session is half an hour. I tell her when's best for me, and we do it the same time weekly. The first session was an overview of the program and an interview so she could pinpoint my trouble spots. She made sure I knew where to find training modules, ect on the website. She sends me and my CCM a summary of the session weekly, and she includes links she thinks I'll find helpful. The sessions are entered under paid training time.

The second session was the shadowing. I downloaded the software that she needed, and she silently observed three jobs. According to her, I don't need any more; I was hitting the metrics she was looking for, except I use the mouse too much.

She asked me if I wanted another session, and I do because I find that accountability is motivating for me. She told me about 10 minutes into the first session that my main problem was burnout, LOL. She's right.

It's not bad; hell, I'll take all the help I can get.

That is exactly what my experience was. I was very honest in why my - production was so low..I mean why lie?

[ In Reply To ..]
Told her..morale is so low it is very hard to stay focused. She shadowed me for a job and I zipped right through it and she remarked I did everything exactly how she would do it. The problem is not that we do not know how to use ASR, the problem is we have no morale and so why the hell try? I have to kill myself to make anything above min wage...why bother

And my mentor was very kind and encouraging and I could tell she knew and empathized exactly what we were going through, but she is just trying to keep a job like the rest of us.

I cannot believe - no name

[ In Reply To ..]
that I spend 8 hours a day editing "by Jim in the" to bigeminy and they think I need a MENTOR to speed up production? That is my biggest problem? I need to learn a short-cut? A short-cut to what? It never puts the same thing twice anymore.

What I cannot believe - is that

[ In Reply To ..]
someone clicked 'dislike' on this message. What's to dislike? I notice this a lot lately. I think someone just likes to play with the dislike button. Feel free to dislike this message. I don't like you, either.

Similar Messages:

Question For All MTs', Especially Trained By Mentoring Process And Did Your Time In The Trenche
Apr 29, 2010

Hi, I'm a former Acute Care Transcriptionist who has 12 years hospital, 2 years clinical experience including not cherry-picking and found out years later that their most experienced transcriptionist refused to do an account I was put on due to the ESL ratio.  They did try to make me feel like I was the one who was stoopid, etc..... aside from that....I retired from this profession to home-school my children full-time, be a wife and mother...hubby is very high maintenance.... Any ...

Mentoring - Who's Done It?
Jun 05, 2012

Scary?  Intimidating?  Useful? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

What Is The Mentoring Program?
Jul 08, 2013

I guess I have never heard of this program.  Has anyone actually had success using it or are those testimonies just more fairy dust wishes sprinkled by Shaw? ...

The Mentoring Program
Oct 03, 2014

Happy TGIF, Everyone! After receiving my second corrective action last week, it was strongly recommended by my HDSM that I sign up for the MP with my PC....and she even went so far as to threatened to submit a notation to HR if I didn't do the MP. I've spoken with some of the members in my primary group who told me it was a waste of time and didn't make a difference in their performance. I already knew this, which was why I wasn't gung ho about doing the MP. And after gett ...

Mentoring - Any Ideas Or Advice?
Mar 05, 2010

I am a recent grad and would like to start working part time however, I believe i need more experience in transcribing actual reports. I would like to have a "mentor" so that I can be more confident in my ability to transcribe and not be afraid to apply for a position as a medical transcriptionist. Can anyone give my any ideas or advice? ...

Mentoring A Recent MT Graduate
Apr 26, 2011

Hi! I was wondering if any one out there could mentor me or if they know a company out there does that? I graduated this past February from Kaplan University. I have been looking for job since then and I am unable to find an MT job that I can do from home. If anyone could help I would greately appreciate it. Sincerely, Tracie Hislop ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Just Finished An Hour Of Mentoring
Aug 13, 2012

Just finished an hour of being mentored.  It was great.  Mentor was very informative and helpful and also very nice.  Can't wait until our next session and can't wait for 7.1!! ...

Thoughts On The Mentoring To Get You To Use Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2013

Any thoughts on the mentoring to get you to use shortcuts and keeping track how many times you use them?  My line counts are well over the minimum, but I feel like I am being forced to use these, otherwise it reflects badly on me. ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

The Dangers Of So-Called Free Mentoring Programs
Mar 07, 2010

Every year there are a few people who start free or for-charge mentoring programs. Stay away from them if they have you transcribing work that they are critiquing. Mentoring is advising, supporting, encouraging, but not having you do their transcription for them for free. Because of privacy issues, you also would be well advised not to send any of your transcription to a 3rd party for help. There are all sorts of red flags. Just be careful. Over the years many of these free programs have turned ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...

New Audit Process
Jul 16, 2010

Just wondering if anybody had been audited by the new audit process yet?  My CCM says they are being done by an auditing team now and have since May.  Could you still tell you were being audited by looking in feedback and were the reports current or old?  Thanks. ...

So What Is The Process If You Get A Critical Err
Jun 24, 2011

GD SOB! Have been passing all the audits with flying colors (99% or better), even the audit earlier this week.  but then I got an email today of a report with critical errors.  Real bad doctor who mumbles and changes his mind in midsentence but doesn't say 'scratch that' or 'correction' or anything like that.  sheesh.  so do they automatically put you on disciplinary action or cut your pay for one bad report?  or do i hope that on my next ...

S/l Incident Process
Sep 19, 2010

Similar dissection was then carried out on the right side with more prominent bulkydisease limiting the nasal airway on this side. Maxillary sinus ostium was not seen andthe _____ process was incised and taken down.    s/l uncident or incident  or 'ends of ' process ...

Antoinette Process(s/l)
Oct 12, 2012

The Antoinette process(s/l) was then freed from the portal vein/SMV, and adjacent SMA.   During a whipple procedure and enterotomy  ...

Can Someone Tell Me What The Testing Process Is
Jun 19, 2013

for LDMTS and if there is a testing process?  I have a very hard time testing and not even sure if my 64-bit Vista and IN-USB-2 foot pedal will work with Editscript/eScription. ...

Hiring Process
Jun 17, 2014

Hello, Can anyone who works for MModal tell me what the hiring process is like? I applied and was invited to test. I completed the test last week. How long can I expect to wait for my results? I think I did well. Please, no rude comments. Thanks. ...

Hiring Process For TTS Sm
Aug 26, 2014

So, how long from hired to fully working does it take?  I'm going on 2 weeks now, but with the thread that was posted below, I'm wondering if I made the right decision.  Any info appreciated. ...

Transoslutions - How Is The Testiing Process?
Aug 25, 2010

nm ...

S/l Onsenant Process, Has Something To Do With Sinuses?
Aug 18, 2011

. ...

S/l Morfan Amulitis Process
Feb 10, 2012

This is a pulmonary file.  The doc is talking about a CT scan.  He says, "Recurrent pneumonia.  Reviewing the CT scans, this is very suggestive of _____s/l morfan anulitis process" _____ than an infective pneumonia. ...

Very Long Hiring Process.
Apr 03, 2012

I was just hired by Nuance and have received hiring paper work.  Looks like I will not even start working until maybe end of April.  It seems that everything here takes forever.  But at least we have a job here, for whatever it is worth.  So what if you are really depending on this income to pay your bills?  Then what???  I guess these big companies are not too worried about that huh??? ...

About MIST Testing Process.
Sep 18, 2012

Just an FYI.  I applied for a QA Editor position, which pays a paltry 2 cpl. I figured it would be a little extra money in pocket. Got a call from a gal who wanted me to test. Ok, I said. We scheduled it and another gal sent me an email with instructions to call in and enter a code along with instructions to read. I read the instructions, called the number, entered the code.  Got the gal on the line and she walked me through downloading the files, which any boob could do. So, I figured ...

Can They Make The OOW Process Anymore
Nov 20, 2012

x ...

Does The Testing Process Just Irritate Anyone Besides Me?
Apr 18, 2013

I have gotten to where if I apply for a job and it refers me right over to the testing process, I don't even take the test, I just back out of the application and don't bother.  I know I lose jobs, due to this, but that process is too irritating to me.  If I apply for a job and I receive a reply stating that they are interested in me and would like for me to test, THEN I don't mind testing.  I just cannot see randomly taking a test, typing 7 or 8 reports these days ...

Patient First MTs - What Was Your Hiring Process Like?
Jul 22, 2013

I completed the application process and the online testing about 4 weeks ago and, while the transcription test was very challenging, I felt I did well.  I know there's probably no point in sending an email to ask about the "status" of my application and test because they are quite capable of contacting me if they wanted to. Do they bother to contact applicants that didn't pass the test? (an email I'd hate to get, but at least there would be closure)   I've read the ...