A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

just received an email about Performance management mentoring - MT2007

Posted: Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA

They just try to give you some tips - slave wages

[ In Reply To ..]
Probably they will want to watch you edit a job. Then they can see if you are doing or not doing something that might help.

My experience - Ninner

[ In Reply To ..]
was great! I learned a few more shortcuts I either didn't know or had forgotten. It was a total of 2 phone calls and some followup emails. Both of the phone calls lasted maybe half an hour each. However...the mentoring is to help you reduced your INACTIVE time, the LPH you're actually producing compared to the LPH THEY think you should be producing in SR! It's simply being done because even though we make our line counts, they don't like the fact that there's inactive time because we could be producing MORE lines during these inactive times, and they want us to produce MORE lines for the same LOW PAY! But as far as the mentoring, don't sweat it! :)

exactly! - if they only could..

[ In Reply To ..]
Stand over us with a whip and every time we stretch or take off our keyboards they could crack it! I do believe Transcend just got sued by their employees for requesting that they check their email on their own time and punch out every time they used the bathroom or even did research, so that all time was active time. How dare we have inactive time! I know Mmodal thinks we employees are somehow cheating the company by having a variance in what we produce compared to what they THINK we should produce, but they don't pay by the hour, they pay by the line. We get paid for what we produce. Period.

I appreciated mine... - BrendaK

[ In Reply To ..]
She was actually quite encouraging, and even pointed out some things I was doing right! That was the best because we so seldom get positive feedback. And the tips she gave me have been very helpful. I'm using them all the time now.

Similar Messages:

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Performance Management
Oct 12, 2010

I haven't been put on PM yet but fear I might.  Got an email that said I had a "low-scoring feedback report."  It was for using follow up instead of followup (I know better) and then omitting the word "the."  Now, I will own up to these mistakes, they WERE my mistakes, but by no means life-threatening in any case.  But apparently this caused my score to drop below 98%.  Now I'm terrified they are going drop my pay by 3 cents a line, and I am already in danger of not being able to ...

Performance Management?
Jan 20, 2014

Would like to hear about personal experiences with performance management......Anyone having a difficult time meeting expectations in production and/or quality?  ...

Questions About Performance Management
Feb 19, 2014

Does anyone who goes on Performance Management ever come off again, or does it inevitably result in a layoff/firing or quitting? Is this usually done after failing the 3rd audit? What usually happens when you fail your second audit?  I've only failed one but I'm trying to put a plan together in case there's a 2nd.  ...

Curious How Many Are On Performance Management...
Aug 07, 2014

I failed for the month of July at 9.38 so will be moving onto my final warning...I would love to know how many others are going through the same...Just makes me feel stupid and inadequate.  :(  Probably unemployment line for me soon.  So humiliating.   ...

Don't Berate Yourselves For Performance Management
Aug 07, 2014

It's clearly just a maneuver to save them money.  The more of us on performance management, the less they have to pay us.  I'm sure it is a monstrous savings to them. Failed my first audit this month.  The minute I'm put on performance management is the minute I'm filing for social securty and changing my phone number.   ...

Performance Management Question
Sep 03, 2014

Could/would someone please tell me where I can find information outlining performance management steps. TIA. ...

Performance Management/Swap Board
Sep 28, 2010

I find that Swap Board is useless, there are never any hours to "swap"  Also, am in performance management . They are findings ways to fire me.  I want to know about unemployment, does anyone know I am new to Oregon and do not know the laws.  I asked to be on an account that has no ASR and was denied being told that 80% of MQ's work is ASR now. ...

2/3 Of Team On Performance Management... Nice.
Jul 14, 2014

Of over 100 MTs/MMEs on my team, only 32 are eligible for the "contest."  In any other company/industry it might make management take a second look at their policies when the majority is on the naughty list...  ...

Received Scam Email
Jan 15, 2014

I received the same email as above that mentions is a scam. Appreciate the info. I was close to logging on and listening to their speed...glad I didn't waste my time. again thanks...now...still looking for part time emp. ...

OK...just Received An Email That Help Needed...
May 25, 2015

logged on and NJA?  ...

I Just Received An Email From An MT From India...
May 30, 2015

who must have gotten my email address from a resume I posted on one of the job sites.  In the email, this MT makes a business proposition.  Stating he/she (not sure!) would search for IC MT jobs and forward them to me.  I would then apply and take the test.  The ultimate goal is that I would get the job and then pay him a percentage of the line rate to transcribe the work. I was a little taken aback.  In my 22+ years in this business, I have never received any ...

Is It Improper For Management To Send Private Email
May 30, 2013

to an employee who is seeking input from peers regarding a work related situation?  The email was obviously only sent to initimidate the employee. Nothing helpful or anything of that nature.  Just a note to let them know they had been spotted on this thread.  I think it's kind of creepy and not very professional, but then how would any of you feel?  This was not a simple reply to a post, it was sent through the private email link on the post ...

Well, Received An Email Early This Morning
May 23, 2010

that my account was in critical backlog. I worked my shift as I'm supposed to.....and got NJA with 40 minutes to go in my shift...lol. It's the longest day I've worked in weeks because I always run out, but CRITICAL backlog?  I highly doubt it. ...

Received An Email From The CCM (or Whatever The Title Is Now) Detailing
Oct 28, 2012

multiple accounts with multiple idiosyncrasies. The email goes on and on. Hey! - If it isn't in the client profile, forget it. I don't get paid enough to spend time checking for possible added instructions that aren't in the CP. ...

Just Received The Email About New RAD Rates, What A Crock!
Sep 12, 2013

OK, I'm a little late to the Basher's Ball here but, geez, this sucks!!  So, bear with me, I need to vent!!!   PTO, hmm, there was a time when a loyal employee who stuck it out with the company through cuts and low work was rewarded by increased PTO for time with the company.  I guess we can add loyalty to the list of things that companies now punish you for thus creating a society of workers who are losing sight of what the word loyalty means.    I saw only ...

Just Received Email From MQ About Lobbying Our Future Jobs As MT's.
Nov 11, 2009

I do not know if we are seriously going to have jobs as MT's in a few years.  ...

Received Email From Customer Support Services S/m
Nov 11, 2009

stating "a new incident has been created for you # Description DQS user - QA rule What the heck does this mean?  There is no more information on the email.  Oh brother!  Its probably bad :-(   ...

WT* Received The Personalized Email About Blanks To Customer.
Nov 15, 2010

I got the email informing me that I am sending an average of too many blanks to the customer. I do my best job, use my 20+ years of experience, use every possible resource, do not type in a doctor's name in the body of a report that I cannot find in the database and the doctor does not spell and is not a run-of-the-mill name, leave a blank for anything that could get me in trouble with HIPPA if I am mistaken or could compromise patient care, QA can't get 90% of what I submit. I wonde ...

What A Relief! I Received Another Email Thanking Me For My Patience Sm
Jan 05, 2011

during the no-work situation, and if I just wait a few more weeks, the holidays will be over and all of the overstaffing problems will be solved because the new accounts will start.   Well, yipee.   Any company that thinks they can starve me for 2-3 months while I sit and wait for crumbs of work to be doled out is suffering from some sort of delusion.   I answered the email by giving my 2-week notice.  Goodbye SoftScript with your PIA ticket number emails ...

Have Lines Been Uploaded For Last Week? I Never Received An Email
Jul 04, 2013

xx ...

I Just Received A Test File In Unencryped Email With Patient Information
Feb 22, 2010

It's from just an individual, but with patient name, DOB, and MRN # in it, I think it's a HIPAA violation.  I am not going to do the test or finish it because I've decided she's a risk. Did anyone else receive a similar test? ...

Softscript - Past Performance Is Any Indication Of Future Performance
Jan 30, 2012

to download.  That's frutiy.  Managment of workflow has changed too.  They have been putting H and P's that are more than two hours old through.  That's fruity.  Jobs come totally out of order based on job numbers and date stamp.  That's fruity.  They will never get it together if past performance is any indication of future performance.  ...

"Consider Returning To Nuance" - Just Received Email From Nuance
Jun 27, 2014

Wow. Posted this on company board but wanted to post here as well - some of you may feel vindicated. LPn ...

Mentoring - Who's Done It?
Jun 05, 2012

Scary?  Intimidating?  Useful? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

What Is The Mentoring Program?
Jul 08, 2013

I guess I have never heard of this program.  Has anyone actually had success using it or are those testimonies just more fairy dust wishes sprinkled by Shaw? ...

The Mentoring Program
Oct 03, 2014

Happy TGIF, Everyone! After receiving my second corrective action last week, it was strongly recommended by my HDSM that I sign up for the MP with my PC....and she even went so far as to threatened to submit a notation to HR if I didn't do the MP. I've spoken with some of the members in my primary group who told me it was a waste of time and didn't make a difference in their performance. I already knew this, which was why I wasn't gung ho about doing the MP. And after gett ...