A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Did anybody get e-mail & phone call to test for M-Modal? - BH

Posted: May 17, 2012

I have been working for this company since 2009.  Today I got an e-mail to test for M-Modal. When I didn't answer this e-mail, I got a phone call and they left a message saying they e-mailed me and since I didn't e-mail them back, they are calling to ask me to take an MT test. When I tried to call them back, it wouldn't let me do that, and the recording said they would call back tomorrow.

I think they should not call people who already work here, and how did they get my e-mail address and phone number anyway?  I was hired by Spheris, bought out by Medquist, and now taken over by M-Modal.

They got your email and phone number because - you already work there NM

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Got e-mrail & phone call about being hired - BHb

[ In Reply To ..]
Then if they know I already work there, they wouldn't want me to test to get a job there.

If you've worked here since 2009, you should know - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
that very little that this company does makes sense. They are disorganized, and that is the answer to your question.

Got a robo-call - FormerMQ

[ In Reply To ..]
I hate robocalls. I got a robocall from them saying you can now take our test or something like that. I knew I was in their files because I started to test for them a few months back, but then got that sinking feeling in my stomach because how much I hated them before. And now they use robocalls.

Follow your Gut - I Was Forced Into It by buy-out

[ In Reply To ..]
Follow your instincts. It hasn't changed.

I'm one of those who had no notice of the buy-out, so I was stuck going back with them, after having quit 3 years prior. I was with them for 10 years before that. The first 4 were good.

Have started aggressively looking for other work.

If you're on the "DO NOT CALL" registry, report the number.... - NoLongerAnon

[ In Reply To ..]
Enough complaints (25+) and the owner of the number receives a stiff fine.

Nothing more irritating, impersonal, or insulting than an unsolicited recorded call.

Oooh, a phone call? That's *really* intrusive ... - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
Whether I worked for them already or not, unsolicited emails would be considered "spam" in MY book ... and phone calls? They would get an EARFUL from me. Especially if they continued to call.

ROBO caller - MMR

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm the Robo caller:) I certainly appreciate your employment and apologize for the call. Most time this happens due to multiple applications or a candidate changing emails. I'd be happy to remove you from the list. Give me a call at 866-441-3360.

Similar Messages:

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Can Anyone Tell Me If You Will At Least Get An Email Or Phone Call
May 30, 2010

letting you know you are on 100% QA and your pay is being cut.  Or do you have to figure it out for yourself by checking your pay stub?  I want to know IN ADVANCE....bc if they do that to me, I will SPEED thru my work sending off crap.....not to worry, it's 100% QA so it won't go to the client.  But they will THEN have no choice but to fire me, right?  And then I'll collect my UI.    I don't know if this will happen to me yet, but I did see 2 j ...

Screening Phone Call
Jan 26, 2012

So I passed the MedQuist test and now they want to do a screening phone call tomorrow. What goes on from there?? Will I be hired afterwards?? ...

Rehire Phone Call
Apr 18, 2012

Just got a recorded phone call saying they would like to rehire me (left Medquist last July).  All I would have to do is re-test, interview and then talk to someone else.  No thank you, but did give me a laugh for the day.  Will hopefully never have to go back to them. ...

Did Anyone Else Receive A Phone Call/transfer
Sep 09, 2011

Just wondering if anyone received an "urgent" phone call this past week about switching hours and the need to transfer? ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

Anyone Terminated W/o Phone Call...just Can't Sign In?
Aug 16, 2013

Tried to sign in for my shift tonight....CAN NOT SIGN IN is the message I received.  Called DICTATE, he couldn't sign in for me either.  I received no call, no email.  Did not even get our thrice daily update on work volume....not looking good.  Anyone else have this happen to them? ...

Phone Call For Extra Commitments
Jan 16, 2015

I have to say this is the first time anyone from MM called me personally (the person above my TL) and wanted me to commit to working extra hours today through Sunday..  I already have to work 8 hours today and 8 hours tomorrow... No way.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call? ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

E-mail Or Call?
Oct 29, 2012

I'm moving to a new area and am going to apply at some transcription companies.  Is it better to e-mail them and attach a resume, or should I call them directly?  I'm tempted to call, because then I would know right away.   ...

Want To Setup A Phone Number For My Client To Call And Record In My Computer
Jan 17, 2013

Hi, I am a MT and would like to setup Telephone/voice recroding(must save as wav file). Is there anyone who  can help me?. What is the cheapest way to do this? Should I set up Vonage phone for this? Also, it should allow to receive multiple calls from my client. Thank You, George ...

M*Modal - Strange, Unwanted Phone Calls
Jun 15, 2012

Has anyone else been getting strange recorded phone calls from M*Modal telling you to test for them? I keep ignoring them and yet they keep calling. I haven't tested for them in years and wouldn't work for them if they were the last MTSO left on earth. And the woman's voice who does the recording sounds like she is a robot or something from outer space, LOL! ...

Is Nuance And M-Modal Joint Services? Posting Here For Nuance AC, Got Email To Test For M-Modal.
May 01, 2012

I thought they were 2 different services.  Everyone is buying out everyone, so who knows.  All the small companies have been merged I guess.  I thought Nuance was out of New York and were the primary with VR.  Maybe one has to keep up with the changes and be a member and pay the dues and go to the meetings with AAMT and be a CMT to keep up with the changes, even though you still get 4 cents. ...

M*Modal Call
Mar 23, 2012

? is this call a scam?  I left MQ a few months back for a number of reasons; now the other day I get a voice mail from someone at M*Modal wanting to know if I'd be interested in being re-hired and they are waving the testing.  Has anyone else received this call? ...

Funny E-Mail Re M-Modal
May 11, 2012

Got a "canned" e-mail from M-Modal stating they have not received my test results yet.  Could be because I never applied, would never apply, would rather starve then go back?  Did anyone else receive anything like this? ...

Received A Call From M-Modal For Testing
Jan 10, 2013

Hello.  I have received a call from M-Modal for testing.  I am wondering is the pay really that low there?  I hear it's 4 cpl speech, 8 cpl straight with some bonuses I am assuming., and probably mainly speech like maybe 90?  Does that not make the pay pretty close to minimum wage?  Are there many of you that find you can make significantly more than minimum working there?  I am assuming part-time does not have benefits.  Thank you for the information.  ...

Got An E-mail Stating I Could Test Up To MME
Mar 21, 2013

I believe it is just another way to cut my pay further. ...

M-Modal Test
Feb 13, 2013

I just got my results from my M-Modal test. I was shocked to see I did not pass! I've been doing this for 22 years and honestly did not find it hard. I feel stupid! Anyone else ever fail one of these standard tests? How do they grade? ...

Anyone With Playback Problem With Practical Part Of M*Modal Test? Sm
Mar 21, 2012

I had no problems wit the objectiv questions but when I tried to use the keyboard controls or foot pedal to transcribe the sample reports, wouldn't work, even after I downloaded their footpedal software from Career Step.  ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

When I Send An E-mail From My MQ Mail, It Shows That It
Dec 16, 2011

came from someone else.  Anybody ever had that problem before and does anybody know who I contact to get it fixed? ...

Mail Purge On MT Mail System 10/16
Oct 12, 2012

What are you all doing with emails you have saved to folders? ...

Test S/l Mal-blees Test - Left Elbow Lateral Epicondylitis
Jan 18, 2012

x ...

Is Anyone Here An RHIT? Wondering How Difficult The Test Is Compared To CCS Test
Jul 10, 2012

nm ...

Gyno Test - S/l Wisp Test? I Think I'm Spent!
Jan 05, 2010

.. ...