A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

thoughts on the mentoring to get you to use shortcuts - new to this

Posted: Jan 11, 2013

Any thoughts on the mentoring to get you to use shortcuts and keeping track how many times you use them?  My line counts are well over the minimum, but I feel like I am being forced to use these, otherwise it reflects badly on me.

I really think we should be allowed to figure out our own best way - downtime

[ In Reply To ..]
They can show us the tools, but I think we should be able to figure out for ourselves what works best for us.

Mentoring - Nana

[ In Reply To ..]
I had to go through mentoring a couple months back. I actually starting using some of the shortcuts, my line count picked up about 10-20 lines an hour, but they don't show I'm using them on that report they send out. Still has me at 1.

Report still shows me not using either - soapie12

[ In Reply To ..]
I am going through mentoring now and have told my mentor that. She had no explanation either. I feel we should be able to use the shortcuts we feel comfortable with instead of being forced to use ones we are not. My line count is well above also and I feel the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix it" applies here. Not all the shortcuts are as easy to use as they think and I use all the ones that are easy for me. Been actively looking for another company to work for as this "big brother" attitude of M-Modal is for the birds!!

Similar Messages:

Mentoring - Who's Done It?
Jun 05, 2012

Scary?  Intimidating?  Useful? ...

Mentoring Programs
Apr 21, 2011

Hi.  I finished MT school at Oak Horizons in November/December of 2010.  I also did an intership for a company and after I finished they told me I needed to get a job in a small clinic so I would have someone working with me.  In my small town there is not any small clinics or any surrounding towns that I know of.  I wanted to ask all of you about any Mentoring Programs?  The only one I have looked into was AIM and some of the feed back I have read was good for the mento ...

Mentoring - This Sucks!
Apr 24, 2012

I guess we are all going to get mentored at one point or another as I just received an email to set me up for it.  I make over the lph and get all my required hours in each week so I don't see why I am being mentored at all.  Like I said, I guess we have no choice and will all be mentored sooner or later. This sucks! ...

Mentoring From Boost
Sep 28, 2012

Well, it finally happened.  I got the e-mail from Boost saying I had been chosen to be mentored.  I don't understand.  I ALWAYS get my line count and more.  I always type my hours.  I have had some good numbers on the Boost reports, one 5, one 3.5, but I have also gotten two 1s, as I do not speed the report up during the report, and I don't use the arrow keys to go to the beginning of the paragraph and such.  Can someone please tell me how the Boost mentor ...

What Is The Mentoring Program?
Jul 08, 2013

I guess I have never heard of this program.  Has anyone actually had success using it or are those testimonies just more fairy dust wishes sprinkled by Shaw? ...

The Mentoring Program
Oct 03, 2014

Happy TGIF, Everyone! After receiving my second corrective action last week, it was strongly recommended by my HDSM that I sign up for the MP with my PC....and she even went so far as to threatened to submit a notation to HR if I didn't do the MP. I've spoken with some of the members in my primary group who told me it was a waste of time and didn't make a difference in their performance. I already knew this, which was why I wasn't gung ho about doing the MP. And after gett ...

Mentoring - Any Ideas Or Advice?
Mar 05, 2010

I am a recent grad and would like to start working part time however, I believe i need more experience in transcribing actual reports. I would like to have a "mentor" so that I can be more confident in my ability to transcribe and not be afraid to apply for a position as a medical transcriptionist. Can anyone give my any ideas or advice? ...

Mentoring A Recent MT Graduate
Apr 26, 2011

Hi! I was wondering if any one out there could mentor me or if they know a company out there does that? I graduated this past February from Kaplan University. I have been looking for job since then and I am unable to find an MT job that I can do from home. If anyone could help I would greately appreciate it. Sincerely, Tracie Hislop ...

Anyone Gone Throught This Mentoring Process Yet?
Apr 24, 2012

How exactly does it work.  Do we log into our reg accounts and they log in to so they can watch us work and tell us easier ways to do our job or how exactly do they do it?  ...

Apparently Performance Mentoring
May 03, 2012

I have just learned. ...

Just Finished An Hour Of Mentoring
Aug 13, 2012

Just finished an hour of being mentored.  It was great.  Mentor was very informative and helpful and also very nice.  Can't wait until our next session and can't wait for 7.1!! ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

The Dangers Of So-Called Free Mentoring Programs
Mar 07, 2010

Every year there are a few people who start free or for-charge mentoring programs. Stay away from them if they have you transcribing work that they are critiquing. Mentoring is advising, supporting, encouraging, but not having you do their transcription for them for free. Because of privacy issues, you also would be well advised not to send any of your transcription to a 3rd party for help. There are all sorts of red flags. Just be careful. Over the years many of these free programs have turned ...

Just Received An Email About Performance Management Mentoring
Jun 28, 2012

I just received an email about Performance management mentoring.  Those of you who have had it, what exactly is it that they do?   TIA ...

Question For All MTs', Especially Trained By Mentoring Process And Did Your Time In The Trenche
Apr 29, 2010

Hi, I'm a former Acute Care Transcriptionist who has 12 years hospital, 2 years clinical experience including not cherry-picking and found out years later that their most experienced transcriptionist refused to do an account I was put on due to the ESL ratio.  They did try to make me feel like I was the one who was stoopid, etc..... aside from that....I retired from this profession to home-school my children full-time, be a wife and mother...hubby is very high maintenance.... Any ...

DQS ASR Shortcuts
Jan 11, 2012

I have so much pain in my left hand from doing the Ctr Shift M shortcut to get the cursor to the spot the audio is (or at least in the vicinity). I use my left pinkie finger to push Ctr and Shift and my right hand to push M. Another new repetitive action injury...... I would like to fix. ...

Keyboard Shortcuts
Sep 12, 2010

I read on one of these boards (darned if I can find if) something about using keyboard shortcuts. Several people mentioned they us ????. Unfortunately all I can rember is it started with an A and had 3 letters!!! Sorry, the brain does not remember what else there was to it. Any of you smart ladies out there figure out what I am trying to say??? Thanks for the help! ...

PRINTING SHORTCUTS!!!
Oct 07, 2010

Good morning/afternoon MQ co-workers!   I was wondering if anyone knows if there is a way I can print out my personal dictionary of shortcuts?  I have so many that I think I'm putting in duplicates now!  I'd really like to see what I've got and eliminate/add only relevant shortcuts. THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH!   (Have a blessed day)!!  ...

Shortcuts For M-Modal VR
Feb 26, 2012

I am trying to learn as many shortcuts as possible to get faster on M-Modal VR. Anyone out there with any tips or shortcuts could you please share?? So far I have been using: CTRL shift "I" - Slow down dictation. CTRL "I" - Speed up dictation. CTRL and arrow keys. CTRL Shift "H" for heading toggle. CTRL Shift "A" for caps toggle. CTRL Delete for word to the right. CTRL Backspace to delete word to the left. And then I use my expansions. Anyone have any other tips or tricks/shortc ...

Shortcuts For SR At Mmodal
Jan 21, 2013

Is there a website where the shortcuts for SR are listed?  I have lost mine, and need them again. ...

Bayscribe Shortcuts
Apr 10, 2014

I just got a new computer and when I went into Bayscribe I find that I have none of my hundreds of shortcuts I have been putting in over the last few years.  Any idea how to get them to show up on my new computer?   I know there has to be a way to transfer them.  Thanks for any assistance I can get.  ...

VR Shortcuts For EScription 11
Oct 25, 2014

I recently started a job that uses editscript 11 or eScription 11.  Some of the jobs are coming through as VR and I've never done VR on eScription before so I dont know any of the shortcuts. Would someone please be kind enough to provide me with the shortcuts? Even the basics would help till I'm able to find them on my own, it would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a place within the eScription platform where I can look them up?    ...

Shortcuts For Pharmacologic & Pharmacotherapy
Nov 16, 2009

I am working really hard on expanding my shortcuts to save time. So, 3-word phrases such as "thanks in advance" are "TIA", and 2-word phrases use the first 2 letters of each of the 2 words, such as "lesh" for left shoulder. What do I do with single words? That's the general question. My second question has to do with specific single words, "pharmacotherapy" and "pharmacologic". What would you put in your auto-correct options to make those words a short cut? TIA! :) ...

Useful Word Shortcuts, Especially For Newbies!
May 15, 2010

Came across this article on another forum - has a list of useful word shortcuts. Quite a handy list, particularly for newbies. Thought I'd share! http://hubpages.com/_hubmis/hub/Useful-Microsoft-Word-Shortcut-Keys-To-Save-Time ...

EditScript And Shortcuts Versus The Old Way
Mar 21, 2012

I've been using Edit script for a couple months now (like it)  and everytime I start using alt K and the other shortcuts I end up reverting back to my old ways (mouse), because it just seems faster for me.  I use the arrow keys, but still use the mouse because it seems like it requires less thought.  Is anyone else struggling with this?   ...

Where Can I Find A List Of The Shortcuts?
Apr 04, 2012

I use some of them but cannot find where they are listed so I can print them out. Thanks so much! ...

ChartNet - Cannot Get Any Shortcuts To Work
Apr 17, 2012

I'm new to ChartNet.  MTSO sent a list of instructions but I cannot get any shortcuts to work.  I am editing and really could use all the help I can get.  Thanks! ...

New Computer - Bayscribe Shortcuts Gone. Help!
May 31, 2012

I had to get a new computer, and now when I log in to Bayscribe, all my shortcuts are gone.  I don't want to have to start all over.  Any tips?  Thanks! ...

DQS - Shortcuts Quit Working
Aug 05, 2012

anyone ever have that happen?  What can I do to make them start again?  Any and all help appreciated. ...

Anyone Else Having Problems With Some Shortcuts Not Working
Aug 12, 2012

seems to be the longer ones...like I do shortcuts to fix where ASR doesnt put commas risks benefits and alternatives is the one I am playing with now, it will not add the commas on the shortcut I made. ...