A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ABC news tomorrow night...call centers coming back - positive sign?

Posted: Feb 22, 2012

Tomorrow night on ABC news they will be doing a special about call center jobs  coming back to America and people making $14 an hour, leaving outsourcing centers because America is 3.5 times more productive.  Tonight they did a segment about a light bulb company coming back from China to Detroit because its cheaper now with the Obama cutting corporate taxes for keeping jobs in America and there was a segment about EMR company that was in Bangladore or wherever coming back to America and the people making 40,000 to 60,000 a year compared to 20,000 overseas because US is more productive.  Also heard not many physicians will want to be bothered with EMR and need an extra set of eyes (MTs) to go over reports and there will always be a need for MTs.  Maybe there is a light at the end of this very dark tunnel!

I'd like to work for Swiss Colony... - wheres_my_job

[ In Reply To ..]
...or Harry and David's, or a seed company, taking orders by phone...I think I'll send out my resume to seed companies, see if I can finagle something...oh wait...I don't want to work at home anymore...

Having the jobs come back and the doctors give point- - and-click EMR the boot, would be a _sm_

[ In Reply To ..]
lifesaver for me! It's probably a long shot, but still a straw of hope to cling to. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of us!

=^^=

When will everybody understand EMR only means - it is all on an electronic

[ In Reply To ..]
device and paperless? It is NOT our enemy. EMR still has to have the reports entered into it by transcription or point and click or some way.

Agree with you - and

[ In Reply To ..]
mostly wish the hospitals understood that instead of being conned by these software companies.

Not necessarily. Our local hospital hires - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
clueless 'scribes' for barely above minimum wage to ask a set of questions & click the answers for the H&Ps.
Still electronic just means on the computer and without - a paper chart. Has nothing
[ In Reply To ..]
to do with the method of transcription, whether it is dictated and transcribed by us into the computer system, point and clicked by the doctor, or "scribed." Electronic medical record just means you have to look everything up in the computer and there is no paper chart at the nurses's station. They can still use transcriptionists.
let the lawsuits begin.... - MT Gone
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm just sorry it's patients (think mom, dad, your child/grandchild, or any loved one) who will pay the price for the greed! You get what you pay for!!! What part of that don't some idiots at the top (MT companies/hospitals) understand?

It's EHR that will take our jobs away. - L&L

[ In Reply To ..]
http://mtherald.com/how-emr-ehr-is-going-to-affect-medical-transcription-industry/

Similar Messages:

Outsourced Call Centers Return To U.S.
Aug 27, 2010

Nothing about MT but its a start. Here's the link: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129406588&ft=1&f=1003 ...

New Compensation Plan/changes Coming... Any News?
Oct 24, 2014

Has anyone heard any more details about this new compensation plan rolling out in December? My TSM said she would have a meeting with our group once she "got all the information together," but... big suprise... we still know nothing. Just wondering if there is anyone out there with concrete information on what is going on? ...

There Was A Story On The News Last Night
Oct 17, 2011

She worked as a coder at a hospital that was bought/taken over by some new HMO (don't remember the name of it), and during staff meetings, they were telling the coders to replace one symptom description, such as "dizziness/fainting" with a more generalized neurological condition, because that condition caused the insurance companies to pay the hospital more.  The condition they wanted her to put was something rarely seen, one doctor said he saw 2 cases in ...

News Cast Coming About What's Happening To Medical Transcription
Dec 31, 2013

This is exciting, you guys!  Our local NPR station (where I work full time) is planning to air an hour-long radio cast about the effects of the electronic medical records implementation on our MT careers.  I was telling our producer that I worked for 27 years as a full-time MT, both in the clinic/hospital setting and at home, but 5 years ago I could no longer make it financially as a full-time MT.  That's when I went to work in the public sector doing something unrelated to t ...

Imedx Sinka Test Emails Always Bad News Coming
Mar 03, 2015

Every time we get a test email, do no reply, changes come within 24 hours. Let's predict what this puppy will be..... ...

Conference Call With MM Coming Up...
Jun 30, 2014

I am not accepting the job, but I just wanted a few good "insider" insights/questions to throw back at them. It is a mandatory call I have to participate in. I already have all the crappy reviews from Glassdoor and an article stating MM was voted the worst company in US to work for. I've been reading MTStars for months so I already know a lot about MM. TIA! ...

Non DSP Conference Call Tomorrow
May 15, 2012

Is there anybody else out there that is a newbie with Nuance and has to attend teleconference tomorrow to go over getting us off of non DSP.  Just curious.  I would like to tell them that if they had consistent QA then it might be easier!! ...

Conference Call For My Scolding Coming Up...
Mar 05, 2015

Failed January and February audits by a hair.  Just got my email for a conference call.  So I wonder if it will be PM or firing?  Any ideas?  I feel like a little kid with a bad grade on my report card.  The thing is...if this were a report card my score would be considered great!   Anyone else have this happen that can give me a clue what is going to happen, please, nicely???    ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

Important Conference Call Tomorrow?
Sep 10, 2013

Important conference call tomorrow.  Wonder what is going on now. ...

Coming Back To MT
May 15, 2013

ok, I have been offered a secretarial job but it is with a new company so I am iffy on whether the comany will make it. My question to everyone here if it doesn't make it I would probably go back to MT.  How long do you guys think I could be away  and still be able to find a job?  Edited to add that I currenlty have 6 years experience at MT. ...

When The Same Job Keeps Coming Back Up
Jun 08, 2015

x ...

Coming Back To The Mt World
Aug 26, 2014

I was an MT for about ten years before leaving due to pay cuts and off shoring.  I watched my pay sink, begging for work, and became physically sick being an MT. After two years out, I miss being home and working. I am not asking for good companies but merely asking if it is possible to earn a living and be suppied adequate work as an MT....thank you ...

Good News! Smartype Is Back!
Feb 18, 2012

I'm so happy there is a new version of Smartype that has been released. It now works with newer versions of Word, i.e. Word 2007 and 2010 and works with other software including Outlook. It's even better than the original. I was using the old version of Smartype even though it had glitches when working with Word 2003. You can try it before you buy it, a definite plus. I highly recommend downloading this software. To me, it is a must for the medical transcriptionist to boost productivit ...

Today Is My First Day Back Working Since The News, And ...
Mar 10, 2014

I took the entire weekend in silence and did a lot of thinking, and made some decisions.  One thing that I know for sure about myself is that this bankruptcy issue is the END for me.  I've felt the end was coming, with the 99.6% requirement, and then even more so with the 99.7% requirement, but working for a company who requires more of ME than it does of ITSELF is a complete deal-breaker.  I won't work for a company that doesn't pay its bills - because that puts u ...

Internet News Of Bring Back Made In America
May 14, 2011

We are all now looking for products to promote USA jobs as we are all suffering greatly, and especially in this job and with the services.  Maybe those who claim they do not Offshore should have a line that says TIA--Typed In America.    ...

Testing/call Back TAT
May 21, 2012

Hello! I was just curious..... when you tested for a company about how long was it until you heard from them? Either by email or by phone?   Please share your experiece. There has got to be someone out there that will share :)   Thanks! ...

Got A Call To Come Back After Leaving
Mar 26, 2015

I've seen a few posts about this in the past but can't find them now to review.  Has anyone ever responded to Nuance's request to come back?  If so, what happened?  I got a call and wondered if they really need me because I'm good or have had such a mass exodus that if they don't get qualified people to work their accounts they'll be losing them and lots of money too.  IMO, serves them right for what they did to those who worked loyally for compa ...

Just Got A Call Back From TAA Regional Coordinator
Jan 19, 2010

Rosemary called me back just now.  She contacted the Federal Office.  The Fed Office is going to contact ALL STATE COORDINATORS to clarify them on this TAA program for MQ employees. If you can prove with pay stubs that YOUR PAY HAS DECREASED with MQ during all the changes going on with CBay buying MQ and sending increasing amounts of OUR work to India -- YOU ARE ELIGIBLE EVEN IF YOU ARE STILL WORKING.  I told her I lost about 800 dollars a pay since they eliminated my departmen ...

Waiting For Help Desk Call Back.....
Oct 30, 2011

One hour so far.  Cannot log into Cornerstone.  No technician available. Waiting for call back.  With any kind of luck they will pay me for waiting all day...... ...

Waiting On A Call Back From Dept Of Labor
Oct 07, 2010

I would encourage everyone to call their local DOL about this issue. When we sit here for 20-30 minutes typing a job and lose it due to no fault of our own, we should be compensated for the time that we sat here.  I left a message for my local DOL, hopefully will get a call back, but it seems to me that constitutes not getting paid for hours worked, which is illegal.  If anyone else has checked into this, let me know. Thanks! ...

Outsourced Call Center Work Being Brought Back To The US
Aug 18, 2010

Its about time!!!  Hopefully some MT will follow suit? http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/default.aspx?feat=1794247&GT1=33002 ...

Number To Call To Get Computer Deposit Money Back
Jun 24, 2015

I quit Nuance over a year ago and just recently sent computer back (their delay, not mine).  I'm supposed to get computer deposit money back but haven't yet.  Does anyone know the correct phone number to contact regarding following up on this? Is it Human Resources? Only numbers I have are old TM and HR number from 2011. Thanks. ...

Pt Was Given Enema To Use The Night Before And *SIH-VA-CLEANSE* To Wash With The Night Before????
Feb 12, 2011

Sippacleanse? Sivacleanse? Supercleanse? I have searched and searched...thanks in advance!!! Not usually on OB/GYN... ...

Rehab Centers
Feb 08, 2012

What kind of work do you think that would include?  Thanks! ...

Transolutions--applied And Tested--no News Good News? Anyone Else Heard? Nm
Mar 10, 2011

nm ...

Are There Any Schools Or Training Centers That Will
Mar 17, 2012

I've been an MT for 35 years.  I'm in my 60s.  Every non-MT job ad I read has "mandatory" skills I don't have.  I don't want a job where I'm on my feet 8 hours a day.  I have no money for school.  I could only manage a few hours per week in class.  Any ideas, anyone? ...

Cancer Treatment Centers Of America - Tulsa
Dec 01, 2011

The transcription service company that had this account was great, doctors great, but the client has two problem employees that run the show and can make life pretty miserable.  They want you to go by the AAMT BOS, but have hundreds of exceptions, which they do not inform you about.  Each time you go by the BOS but it doesn't make them happy, they rant in emails with exclamation marks about how you have been told hundreds of times before, when you never have be ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...