A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Can anyone tell me if you will at least get an email or phone call - Kiki

Posted: May 30, 2010

letting you know you are on 100% QA and your pay is being cut.  Or do you have to figure it out for yourself by checking your pay stub?  I want to know IN ADVANCE....bc if they do that to me, I will SPEED thru my work sending off crap.....not to worry, it's 100% QA so it won't go to the client.  But they will THEN have no choice but to fire me, right?  And then I'll collect my UI. 

I don't know if this will happen to me yet, but I did see 2 jobs marked at 97.7 and 97.8 today.  Not all had scores though.  Funny, once again, those 2 jobs were from an unfamiliar account, 2 cardiac caths and I don't normally do those.  Sigh............

If you are fired for bad performance you will not get UI - FYI (NM)

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

that might depend - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
on whether what you did to get fired was intentional or not. I have failed only one audit, and I can tell you that wasn't intentional at all. If I would get fired for bad audits, I think I might have a shot at UI.

I think it would be pretty easy to prove their audits - were targeting, instead. I pity - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
the fool that fires me for a 'bad audit', and denies me UI. If that happens, I'll spend my remaining days on earth doing everything possible to get them in trouble with the labor board, investigated, by the feds, or at the very least, exposed by the media. Even if i have to pay out of my own pocket to run full-page ads in the newspapers. And let em sue me for defamation. If i'm not on UI, then I'll have nothing they can gain, except more embarrassment when that gets publicised, as well.

FYI - I'm not worried about that. For one thing, I'm in CA, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
and I know people who have done so MUCH WORSE getting fired and still got UI.

If I got a chance to explain my situation (and I would), I'm sure getting approved for UI wouldn't be difficult at all.

I'm not worried. I live in CA where you CAN get - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
UI even if you get fired for good reason. Not that they even HAVE a good reason in my case. But I have a friend who got fired recently and she totally deserved to get fired for many reasons, and she still got UI.

Find another job, you're better than this. - Ella (retired)

[ In Reply To ..]
Kiki, I don't know anything about your length of experience, but you're obviously being treated unethically and unfairly. First of all, their QA program probably sux, like the one at the company I retired from, but all the good MTs just quit and went to Transtech, and I would have done the same but had to retire due to medical problems.

MTs are being degraded and abused with these absurd QA "programs", allegedly based on the BOS, but they are not. Then they assign or hire sadistic little women to put huge penalties on what they even consider to be a misplaced comma, let alone an incorrect term, so that QA scores even on very well transcribed reports are low. This is to degrade the morale of the MTs to keep them from complaining or asking for a raise--you'd get told, "Your QA is very poor, and as a matter of fact, you're getting a pay cut and 100% QA from now on, yadda yadda."

As soon as, and if, you get such a notice--or a nasty surprise--I would already have another job offer, or more than one, lined up, and then give YOUR notice--or just quit, if that is done to you. You should start looking right now. You can do it.

MQ has more sophisticated way of getting rid of us - CA-MT

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, Kiki, my heart goes out to you as you were only just recently thinking of increasing your skills in order to do op reports. Look at MQ's response to your request.

To answer Ella, MQ thinks it's better to reveal their tactics to us to "cut transcription costs," i.e. cut into our pay and/or get rid of the highest paid MTs. I'm sure one of their tactics is their absurd QA critical grading system aimed at all the highest-paid MTs, me being one of them. They say sending work overseas saves the doctor a buck, but the double-speak is that it also pads their own pockets, thus their 7% increase in income. I'll be they weren't counting on the working bouncing back to us because the doctors would complain about the horrible Indian quality.

More double-speak is publically bragging about "cutting their transcription costs." Their corporate side needs to brag about this yet the truth is they simply cut our salaries. They then publically accept the credit by extolling the virtues of their "brilliant ASR" program, which as we all know isn't exactly that. Of course, they're now falling back on blaming our low scores on one of THREE guidelines we are supposed to follow and which change with each and every client profile we do. What human being can keep up with such standards? Unfortunately, it's all probably very legal as they have very well-trained lawyers to counsel them. They can do whatever they want to us as we have no public voice, they twist the truth to put themselves in the limelight, and somehow are convinced they don't need us.

Every day I get more tempted to contact their - s/msg

[ In Reply To ..]
clients and let them know what's really going on. And if the client felt it was okay, just as long as it meant that they, too, could "cut costs", then I'd start ratting out the client to the public, as well. After all, if they knowingly condone the MTSO sweatshops, that makes them part of the problem. It makes them ENABLERS.

I hear ya, CA-MT! - Ella (retired)

[ In Reply To ..]
And I'm getting emotionally upset just reading your excellent post, even though I'm retired and will never type another medical record in my life. Nor do I wish to under the present (and of course future) conditions.

Can anyone tell me if you will at least get an e-mail - Oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]
I understand your frustration as I too have gone through a difficult period of "re-learning" what was wanted in the new auditing process after not having a single audit problem in 17 years. I have passed some and failed some and still sweat it out every month. However I would just like to point out that "putting out crap" as you say not only hurts you, but also your fellow MME co-workers who are the ones who would have to do the 100% audit and don't get paid any more to do it. In fact it ends up being less. So even though you may be looking to get fired, and belive me I do understand the frustration, anger and unfairness, but give a thought to those struggling to make a paycheck just like you.

I am on 100% QA right now... - MT39

[ In Reply To ..]
and I was never notified. You will start getting lots of feedback in DQManage. Also you can see when you do your line count and choose detail it will show you that all of your reports have a YES as to going to QA. I can't remember the the %, but it seems like anything under 97% or maybe it was 95% automatically puts you in 100% QA.

Good luck!

I do understand your point. And I probably really - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
wouldn't actually do that. Probably end up quitting in frustration anyway. I just really would want them to at least have to pay out unemployment, and they wouldn't have to do that if I quit.

I personally find your attitude about your work - offensive and dangerous.

[ In Reply To ..]
If you don't like your situation, find another one.

You have no right to do substandard work for the patients whose care is being impacted by your negligence just because you are miffed and unhappy.

What a shocking and appalling lack of ethics, principles and morals. It is because of bitter, vindictive people like yourself that our profession is not recognized as professional.

No words were ever more true for your attitude than "get a life."

No, her attitude is reality-oriented. - Ella (retired)

[ In Reply To ..]
Not all MTs are suffering the same experience. Some--a minority--actually luck into good jobs, good accounts, or just are very good at VR, which I'm certain that I would love--but Kiki has my complete empathy and sympathy.

Her attitude may offend you, but how could it possibly be dangerous? Dangerous to whom or to what?

I shall be awaiting your reply.

Dangerous? How so? If I were to do this, ALL - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
of my work would go directly to QA, where it would be corrected FIRST, not sent directly to the client - I would NEVER do that. You should read posts more carefully before you reply.

Can't see where speeding through ANY kind of a job, anywhere, under any circumstances, would do - Think about it

[ In Reply To ..]
Someone, somewhere is going to have to pay the price for YOU not caring enough to do your job the right way or rushing through it without caring. It's just a rather selfish attitude, I think.
...would do anyone any good or solve anything. - Thinking
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
Pah! It's not the MTs who are SELFISH around here! - Spherite
[ In Reply To ..]
I have not had to deal with all the MQ stuff yet, but ya'll have me heading out the door already. Talk about bad to worse!

Thanks for clarifying, Kiki... - I thought that was what you had originally posted

[ In Reply To ..]
Thanks for clarifying, as that's what I gathered from your initial post when you pointed out it would be reports on 100% QA. I didn't think in a million years you were the type to jeopardize patient care.

You don't deserve a cent for shoddy work especially - if done intentionally.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I agree to a degree - MT39

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree to a point with you about doing good work for the patient, it is an important job we have. But when you are getting critical errors for excessive blanks (I had ONE blank in that report and NO other errors), or failing for mistakes like typing actually instead of in actuality... it is frustrating. I am not failing my audit because of mistakes that change the care of a patient (for the most part, I am not perfect and have made a couple of mistakes that I thought were ligitamate).

I think it is wrong that you are assuming that the frustration is causing anyone to not take patient care in to consideration. I am going super slow in my ASR trying not to make minor errors and they are still finding something minor to get me on.

No, she said it would be 100% QA - In an effort to get terminated

[ In Reply To ..]
If I understood her post correctly, she made it a point to highlight that this work would be going to 100% QA as she would be on full-audit, so no chance of the report getting to the patient's chart.

Unless I totally missed something in her original post, I don't see anything dangerous about it. If I've misunderstood, PLEASE feel free to let me know. I'm not a flamer or a basher, just trying to make sure I grasped the intent of both of your posts correctly.

So you will just punish the MMEs and MQ gets - away with it as usual.

[ In Reply To ..]
All this plan will do is punish the MMEs who will have to edit your horrible reports for 3 cpl. This will do nothing to MQ, they don't care. You will probably not even hear anything about it until your next audit whenever that would be. You don't get audited on QA'd reports.

not true - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I sent a chart to QA for one blank (which they couldn't hear either), and low and behold, it was "chosen" for auditing after that. Hmmm.

Now I don't send anything to QA. If I can't hear it, neither can they.

It's FTR!

Similar Messages:

Odd Phone Call
Jul 20, 2010

I just got an odd phone call this afternoon.   Someone called and said they were with CAT ?? Technology, Inc.  and told me they were based in New Jersey and asked me if I had any work for them to do.  I have no idea how they got my name and when I asked particulars, they hung up.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call such as this?  I told them I am a one-woman show and do not have any work to source out and they thanked me and hung up.  ...

Screening Phone Call
Jan 26, 2012

So I passed the MedQuist test and now they want to do a screening phone call tomorrow. What goes on from there?? Will I be hired afterwards?? ...

Rehire Phone Call
Apr 18, 2012

Just got a recorded phone call saying they would like to rehire me (left Medquist last July).  All I would have to do is re-test, interview and then talk to someone else.  No thank you, but did give me a laugh for the day.  Will hopefully never have to go back to them. ...

Did Anyone Else Receive A Phone Call/transfer
Sep 09, 2011

Just wondering if anyone received an "urgent" phone call this past week about switching hours and the need to transfer? ...

My Mentoring Phone Call Is Tomorrow
May 06, 2012

My mentoring phone call is tomorrow. Does everyone get a mentor as well? What do they talk about? I have a list of questions for her but they're mainly about complaints. I'm even going to ask if I can't do my job good enough, then they should do it themselves or even send it back to India. I want to know if this mentoring program is the first step in my being fired. I'm very concerned about my job and maybe I shouldn't ask these questions, but the way they treat us ...

Anyone Terminated W/o Phone Call...just Can't Sign In?
Aug 16, 2013

Tried to sign in for my shift tonight....CAN NOT SIGN IN is the message I received.  Called DICTATE, he couldn't sign in for me either.  I received no call, no email.  Did not even get our thrice daily update on work volume....not looking good.  Anyone else have this happen to them? ...

Phone Call For Extra Commitments
Jan 16, 2015

I have to say this is the first time anyone from MM called me personally (the person above my TL) and wanted me to commit to working extra hours today through Sunday..  I already have to work 8 hours today and 8 hours tomorrow... No way.  Has anyone else gotten a phone call? ...

Did Anybody Get E-mail & Phone Call To Test For M-Modal?
May 17, 2012

I have been working for this company since 2009.  Today I got an e-mail to test for M-Modal. When I didn't answer this e-mail, I got a phone call and they left a message saying they e-mailed me and since I didn't e-mail them back, they are calling to ask me to take an MT test. When I tried to call them back, it wouldn't let me do that, and the recording said they would call back tomorrow. I think they should not call people who already work here, and how did they get my e-ma ...

Exit Interview Phone Call Today
Aug 06, 2012

I left MM a few weeks ago and today got a call. They asked lots of questions about how satisfied or unsatisfied I was with MM and I answered them all as honestly as I could. When they asked if I thought any of their practices were illegal or unethical...I told them that hiring people to work for you and then expecting them to use their PTO or go without pay when there was not enough work was extremely unethical. Especially when you have many MTs with NJA daily and others with mandatory OT someti ...

Been Contacted By Synernet And A Phone Call Has Been Scheduled
Dec 06, 2012

Greetings MT sisters, After taking several tests I have been contacted by Synernet and a phone call has been scheduled.  The job in question is full time, which is really more than I'd planned on doing. Still ...  If any of you know anything, good or bad, about this company, I'd be very grateful for you to share it. Particularly interested in availability of work; general quality of VR , if involved; and pay, of course.   Thanks a bunch Myrie in Portland OR   ...

Want To Setup A Phone Number For My Client To Call And Record In My Computer
Jan 17, 2013

Hi, I am a MT and would like to setup Telephone/voice recroding(must save as wav file). Is there anyone who  can help me?. What is the cheapest way to do this? Should I set up Vonage phone for this? Also, it should allow to receive multiple calls from my client. Thank You, George ...

Imedx Employees Just Call I.T. Regarding Email!
Apr 05, 2015

Just call their number in Atlanta, punch 3 as the extension, the guy takes your name and number, they call within 5 minutes, and they will pull you by your nose and access your computer and set you up. It is very quick and easy. Just write everything down, not much, but we are all pissed/excited/depressed/happy/dingy, and we forget stuff.   It is very easy! start with IT and quit wondering! Keep them on the phone while you enter ur junk and password change.   Luv ...

Does C-phone Work With Cable Phone Line
May 11, 2015

I am thinking about switching my current phone line and going with a bundle deal for our second house.  Does Dictaphone C-phone work through a cable phone line?  I still have the copper wiring at my primary home because I was afraid to switch it so didn't include the phone service in our cable package there.  Thanks!    ...

C-phone With Digital Phone Line
Jun 06, 2012

Anyone know if the C-phone will work with a digital phone line ? (I think it's also called a VOiP line).  I'm moving to a new place that has a digital line & don't know if I should have a regular phone line installed instead. Thanks for any help. ...

AT&T Phone That Is NOT A Smart Phone?
Aug 07, 2011

Daughter needs a need phone.  Don't want to have to buy a data plan.  What is NOT a Smart Phone these days, but has a full keyboard for texting?  Thanks. ...

Why Do MTSO Advertise, But Never Call Or If They Do Call, Nothing.
Feb 20, 2012

I am tired and frustrated from applying and sending out resumes only to be ignored.  It is like a game with them, I think.  MedGarde even has an interview which has absolutely nothing to do with your skills or qualifications.  In fact it seems like psychological testing to see if you are mentally competent or something like that.  I swear I feel like a mouse that is being tested and run through a maze to see how well you perform, but even mice will get the prize or food event ...

Reporting Time Pay Aka On Call Or Call-in Pay
May 08, 2015

I am considering requesting this pay which (depending on the state) considers us to be on-call and must be paid for part of our shift if no work. I have had it up to here with Nuance and running out of work, adding more and more accounts and STILL no work. Got a second job and STILL being screwed by Nuance in the sense that I cannot rely on my first job (income wise), because when there is enough work they manage to screw my cpl with their lovely FIESA, then as soon as I have no errors the work ...

Holy Yikes..got An Email From MedQ With All Email Addresses
Nov 17, 2011

I am sure these are closely guarded as they would let MTs actually communicate with each other..and that would be a no no.. MTs might actually band together ...

Is Anyone Having Email Issues. Just Tried To Reply To An Email And It Didnt Work.
Dec 02, 2014

x ...

Vent - MQCentral Email Is The Lousiest Email
Dec 07, 2010

system devised!  It never seems to work and is so unbelievably slow I can't stand it!!  Glad I got that off my chest. ...

Good Ole MM. They Want Us Perfect But Their Email Saying Email Purge
Oct 19, 2012

x ...

Do They Send Rejection Email To Your Testing Email?
Mar 20, 2014

s ...

Imedx Email. How Do You Delete An Email?
Apr 06, 2015

I see nothing. ...

Phone #
Jul 31, 2010

Did anyone get an e-mail from you CCM giving you a phone # to call when you run out of work? Has anybody tried this yet? ...

C Phone
Sep 09, 2010

I am a newbie and have noticed on some of the job postings that they require you to have a c phone. Can anyone tell me exactly what this is used for and if it is common to have to use one and why it seems most are not company supplied ? ...

C-phone Or Dvi Phone
Nov 06, 2010

What is a C-phone and DVI.  If I have high speed internet from cable company and also unlimited phone service from same cable service is that a way I can work with DVI or C-phone??   I appreciate any help!!!!  Thanks, Ava ...

Do You Like Your Phone?
Feb 11, 2011

I need a new phone to replace the Uniden that I had for just over 2 years (grrrr) before it died.  I need a base phone and 3 or 4 handsets.  If you have one like this and like it, can you let me know what kind it is?  ...

What Is A C-phone?
Apr 06, 2011

Not sure I know exactly what this is or what it entails.  Are they easy to obtain and use??  ...

C-phone Help Please
Aug 03, 2011

Anyone know how to adjust the backspace control for how much it rewinds after you lift the pedal? Right now, it goes back about a sentence at a time. I'd like to be able to adjust it to go back just a word or two. On older versions of the phone, there used to be a dial on the bottom of the phone for this, but the one I'm using now doesn't have this feature. ...

C-Phone ?
May 10, 2012

Hi everyone. I need to ask a question, which I realize is dumb but here goes. I see that on the jobs listing part of the site there are a couple of companies who require a C-phone. Can someone tell me what this is ?? At first I thought it meant cell phone but realized that can't be right. Thanks everyone for your patience. I guess it is showing that I am an "old school" transcriptionist and do not know anything about newer technology (if this is new).   Take care all xo ...