A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Doesn't this figure! - Kiki

Posted: Mar 14, 2010

So, that "First Time Right/QA on Demand just started.  Wouldn't you know that as SOON as it started, I have been getting nothing but out-of-BOB accounts.  At this rate, I won't be able to stay under 10%, much less than up to 25% or more.   Up until now, was getting my primary or at least BOB accounts, I calculated carefully and figured out that while staying in my BOB, I could come under 5% most of the time.   I am really thinking they want everyone constantly on unfamiliar reports so they can pay 3 cents a line more often.  It would be stupid on their part to throw cesspool at everyone, even if they got to dock our pay.  The clients are going to complain you idiots MQ! 

FTR sounds illegal to me..... nm - not convinced

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

It is to get the clients upset to want to run - to MQ new EPIC program

[ In Reply To ..]
so clients will not want MT's to do any of the work.

MQ does not own EPIC and loses money to it - GInorman

[ In Reply To ..]
Type: Private
On the web: http://www.epic.com

Epic Systems tells a grand tale of health care technology. The company provides health care management software that integrates financial and clinical information across inpatient, ambulatory, and payer technology systems. Epic's software offerings include scheduling and registration tools, billing and managed care administration applications, inpatient and outpatient core clinical systems, electronic medical records applications, and applications for managing hospital pharmacy, emergency, surgery, radiology, laboratory, and intensive care departments. The company was founded in 1979 and is employee-owned.

Officers:
CEO: Judith R. Faulkner
Director Marketing: Health Care Management Software

http://www.answers.com/topic/epic-systems-corporation

Article: * In certain instances, MQ can completely - ELIMINATE DICTATION!

[ In Reply To ..]
http://itsoftware.pharmaceutical-business-review.com/news/medquist_to_offer_ehr_integration_with_templatebased_clinical_documentation_process_100301/

MedQuist, a provider of technology-enabled clinical documentation services, is integrating with Epic Systems within its Hyperspace environment to offer a solution that integrates 'partial dictations' with the template-based clinical documentation process, enabling physicians to complete the electronic health record (EHR) without changing their documentation workflow.

Partial dictation combines structured and narrative input, resulting in more comprehensive and complete documentation of a patient encounter. Structured input supplemented with narrative dictation meets physician workflow demands, increasing physician adoption and satisfaction; can reduce the overall cost of documentation by more than 50% and in certain instances, can completely eliminate dictation.

Michael Clark, chief operating officer at MedQuist, said: "By integrating MedQuist's DocQment Enterprise Platform (DEP) with the new features of Epic's Hyperspace Client, the richness of template-driven text can be combined with the otherwise freestyle nature of dictation in DEP. Physicians can now easily create a more comprehensive clinical note that automatically incorporates both voice input and structured text through a single application.

“Once the voice snippet is out of Epic and into DEP, it moves through each stage of our typical workflow like any other dictation. Each dictated snippet will be processed through speech recognition, be made available for quality assurance, and be tracked for turnaround time. Moreover, as MedQuist advances its technology, those snippets and all of our transcribed documents can be delivered in a Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) format, allowing further integration and usefulness to Epic and our combined customers.”

http://www.medicexchange.com/MedQuist-Inc/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations.html

MedQuist launches EHR Integration for dictations associated with template-based clinical documentation.

MedQuist Inc. is integrating with Epic Systems Corporation within its Hyperspace environment to offer a solution that integrates "partial dictations" with the template-based clinical documentation process, enabling physicians to complete the electronic health record ( EHR ) without changing their documentation workflow.

Partial dictation combines structured and narrative input, resulting in more comprehensive and complete documentation of a patient encounter. Structured input supplemented with narrative dictation:

* Meets physician workflow demands, increasing physician adoption and satisfaction;

* Can reduce the overall cost of documentation by more than 50 percent; and

* In certain instances, can completely eliminate dictation.

Explains MedQuist Chief Operating Officer Michael Clark, "By integrating MedQuist's DocQment Enterprise Platform (DEP) with the new features of Epic's Hyperspace Client, the richness of template-driven text can be combined with the otherwise freestyle nature of dictation in DEP. Physicians can now easily create a more comprehensive clinical note that automatically incorporates both voice input and structured text through a single application. For example, a physician may dictate multiple, separate voice 'snippets' of dictation for a single patient encounter. MedQuist 's DEP technology places those converted text snippets back within the structured encounter document, in the appropriate sequence and section. This documentation then feeds directly into the EHR."

Through the MedQuist-Epic hybrid model, partial dictations are associated with the template-based report creation process in the Epic system. "Once the voice snippet is out of Epic and into DEP, it moves through each stage of our typical workflow like any other dictation. Each dictated snippet will be processed through speech recognition, be made available for quality assurance, and be tracked for turnaround time. Moreover, as MedQuist advances its technology, those snippets and all of our transcribed documents can be delivered in a Clinical Document Architecture (CDA) format, allowing further integration and usefulness to Epic and our combined customers," says Clark.

Healthcare facilities such as Gundersen Lutheran Health System in La Crosse, Wisconsin, and University of Kansas Cancer Center in Kansas City, Kansas, are currently using this technology to encourage physician adoption of the EHR while reducing overall costs and time spent on documentation.

Comments Deb Rislow, RN, MBA, Chief Information Officer at Gundersen Lutheran, "The adoption of partial dictation allows the physician to quickly integrate structured template entries as well as free-form narrative in one step. Not having to move to different areas of the documentation system while preparing their notes has not only improved efficiency, completeness and accuracy, but has also increased physician satisfaction." According to Rislow, implementing MedQuist 's partial dictation with Epic Systems resulted in a 70 percent decrease in total minutes dictated on inpatient reports.

Clark concludes, "More healthcare providers will be considering the partial dictation option as they seek new ways to improve documentation quality and drive down costs."
Sure hope they have a better plan than ASR if they are wanting to eliminate transcription altogether - anon
[ In Reply To ..]

MQ is currently integrating with EPIC . . . - That is why I think the pay cuts.

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medicexchange.com/MedQuist-Inc/medquist-launches-ehr-integration-for-dictations.html
I stand corrected, but as I've been saying for a long time - GInorman
[ In Reply To ..]
The "easy" dictation was always going to disappear.

Anything that can be easily templated will be automated, so if you use a lot of standards for op reports, that sort of work can just as easily be done w/o you.

I was told in 1995 that in 10 years only 25% of the current MT workforce would still be needed.

Therefore I would not encourage anyone to become an MT and anyone with options to do something else do so.

A lot of outpatient, radiology, and clinic work is already gone.

BUT, the really horrible stuff, i.e., 3 page genetics reports, not easily templated op reports, and long narrative reports will still need MTs...just not nearly as many.

Okay, now I agree with your post. Just that - MQ said,
[ In Reply To ..]
The reason all these new changes are being done is because there is not enough GOOD/QUALIFIED MTs around.

HELLO? THEY LEFT and I will soon be one of them once I am finished with school which will be soon, but not soon enough.
I'm seriously happy for you...but I'm 59 - GInorman
[ In Reply To ..]
and I'd probably have an easier time getting on social security disability than retraining.

I hope every young person who can learns a viable occupation for the upcoming decades. MTing will certainly be long gone in 10 years.

If you have any suggestions on retraining for a new occuapation, this would be a GREAT place to post them.
Yep, all the MTs are leaving in droves...this is - Kiki
[ In Reply To ..]
exactly what they want so they can CLAIM that statement of "there isn't enough good MTs" and therefore have the perfect excuse to off-shore, etc.

is it NOT 3 cpl but -3 cpl your rate for %-age over 5% - GInorman

[ In Reply To ..]
sent to QA NOT including sound issues.

Say you do 6000 lines in a week and send 25%, or 1500 lines, to QA.

You would be docked $36- for that week.

That is: 1500-300 or 1200 x 0.03.

You are NOT being paid 3 cpl for those 1500 lines but doced 3 cpl for them.

What about sound issues? - What then?

[ In Reply To ..]
Because, 90% of my problems come from screwed up audio!

Then what??

Yes! nm - Exactly!!!

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

ME TOO, per my CCM in conference call - GInorman

[ In Reply To ..]
You still leave a QA marker (instead of a blank) for sound issues. At receiving end it is converted to a blank and sent to customer.

IF and only IF you want it QA'd there will be a BOX to check. This will be similar to but a little different from how it looked before when we did this.

I AM SO GLAD we will not be penalized or waste time on the static or bad sound issues anymore.
I really hope so. - What then???
[ In Reply To ..]
There are days I could just pull my hair out. Report after report that I just can't hear!
downside...we will be audited more frequently than every 2 months - GInorman
[ In Reply To ..]
so make sure it's something inaudible.

Again, per my CCM, if YOU can't hear it, QA can't hear it.

Per me, understanding is not the same as hearing.
You would think with all of their millions - Just Stupid
[ In Reply To ..]
that they would upgrade their dictation systems to have better sound. There's no excuse for it. I have worked for smaller companies whose systems have crystal clear sound quality.
Yep, just wait till they start dinging for sending too many blanks - to clients, automatic critical error . .
[ In Reply To ..]
Do you all really think -- really -- that MQ is going to let everyone go willy nilly and just start sending blanks out the wazoo to clients -- even if you CAN'T HEAR A WORD?

Newsflash -- Elimination of QA is just the first step of intensely cleaning house for MQ.

Next step will be the meetings where the CCMs are telling everyone we have to COMPLETELY stop sending blanks to clients.

I would bet everything that even if not a word is understood, the clown town QCs are gonna hear something--even if it is WRONG!

So, enjoy leaving blanks while you can, but remember, this too will come back to haunt you.

You don't think so?

Just wait.
so...if we don't like it, we can look for another job - GInorman
[ In Reply To ..]
and better yet, another career.

Everyone's situation is different. We each need to do what we feel will work out best for us.

I'm not beating myself up over MQ or QA submission rates. I'm not leaving until I'm fired. Of course this is not an option for everyone, but options other than MQ have been noted on this board.

You do what you need to do, not what you want to do, and that about covers it.
Yes! nm - And job hunting is what I am doing.
[ In Reply To ..]
nm
duh . . . - honestly . . . .
[ In Reply To ..]
How would you know what I am doing? Why would you feel you have to tell anyone that?

I think most of us oldies have seen the writing on the wall for a LONG time now.

Yes, I am on the way out. I am just about your age and in school already. Just biding my time. That is all. I have plenty of time to fit another career in my life. This one is gone.

But there is still no excuse for MQ to cut the pay of their staff.

We aren't exactly dead and gone yet.
More power to you GINorman! Ride it out and get what you deserve. - mrs.krabs
[ In Reply To ..]
The more I read about MQ/CBay CEO's in cahoots with each other over the years, they deserve whatever wrath they have coming to them.

Send a blank if you don't think QA can fill it in either. That is the instruction we received. - anon

[ In Reply To ..]

Well that certainly makes me feel better . . . - NOT.

[ In Reply To ..]
A pay cut of any kind is not good.

in my case i'd be paid 2 cpl for asr, since i make a little less than 5 cpl - it sucks

[ In Reply To ..]
x

only you know and understand your own situation - GInorman

[ In Reply To ..]
If you need to work at home due to your children...they do eventually grow up, they do eventually go to school, and they eventually even leave home.

You need to do what works for you. You need to learn something that FOR YOU in your future will make you happy and make you a better salary.

Every single poster on this board has a different situation. You just need to do what is right for YOU, not for anyone else here.
EXACTLY. But there is still no excuse for MQ to cut pay - To cut pay in such a sneaky way.
[ In Reply To ..]
ONLY YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOOD FOR YOU, TOO.

We are all adult and ALL KNOW THOSE WORDS OF WISDOM.

But thanks anyway for sharing what we already KNOW.

SHEESH!
sold to MQ in 2005/ no contract; have had 3 pay cuts so far - L&L=GInorman
[ In Reply To ..]
screwit. I tried to be pleasant and nice and I still get f*ing blasted.

I'm doing fine. Bought 60K of gold at 240/oz with life insurance when my husband died...look at it now.

You get what you deserve and you deserve what you get.

the h* with all of you.
Oh L&L. I like you. I think you are the one that works - on the movie star hospital accounts.
[ In Reply To ..]
HANG IN THERE! Glad you bought gold. That was smart! I still say you can do something else, even if you say you are 59. I believe you are still young at heart and thanks for all your posts!
SMART! - SMART!
[ In Reply To ..]
Now there is a winner! Buy gold!

Yes, I corrected myself....I meant 3 cents less....however, - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
Your example, which sounds fairly realistic, would still have that MT losing about $144 per month! That's a big pay cut. And since they are unable (or unwilling is my guess) to do something, such as keeping MTs on no more 3 different accounts, that kind of pay cut could happen to a lot of us. I'm not talking about the MTs who still, for now, have stable accounts.

Do you have jobs in your primary when you look up - your backlog?

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious.

Yes - Yes

[ In Reply To ..]
Yep

In my post above, I mean "3 cents LESS per line" n/m - Kiki

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Orthopedics Splint - Figure-eight Or Figure-8
Apr 18, 2010

The patient has a fracture and the doctor said he "placed a figure-8 splint."  What is the correct for this: figure-8, figure-eight, figure-of-8, or figure-of-eight? ...

Figure-of-eight Or Figure-of-8 Sutures? Nm
Dec 17, 2009

nm ...

How To Figure This
Mar 10, 2010

How should I figure out lines per hour? ...

How Do You Figure Out This ????
Jul 21, 2010

I am not good in math and would like to know how you figure out which is better 7 cpl w/spaces and a 55-char. line or 8 cpl w/spaces and a 65-char. line?  I am told the 7 cpl rate uses a lot of canned text that you get paid the full amount for so this should be a plus. Anyone out there feel brainy today?  If so, thanks for your help. ...

Can't Figure Out
Aug 02, 2010

It is also important to watch for the development of delirium tremens and treat with       s/l perincual valiums if this should occur. Any suggestions would be appreciated! ...

Figure This One Out.
Nov 17, 2012

I wonder if the in-house employees, office employees, have their time as scrutinized as ours is.  I wonder if they get docked for, let's say, going to the bathroom or getting a cup of coffee.  I know the transcriptionists working in-house make $15 an hour to start.  There was a job advertised 6 months ago or so, and I questioned it.  Here is their reasoning:  Because they have to drive and wear dress clothes, they make more money.  What the #$)(.  I have t ...

Can't Figure Out Why...
Jan 03, 2013

VR just can't get the word "catheterization."  This time it said "catheter is Asian."  Good grief. ...

Trying To Figure Out A Word
Jan 13, 2010

I'm trying to figure out a word that s/l "perinif"....here is the sentence.   The pain actually radiated square across her upper abdomen, but is close to the side of her surgical ______.  I had her undergo a CT scan Thanks for any suggestions!   ...

Figure-of-x Sutures
Oct 05, 2010

Is there such a thing as figure-of-x sutures? ...

Diwali -- Last To Figure It Out
Nov 04, 2010

We were told there would be more work for the next few days.  Then I looked up what you were all talking about (Diwali).  At least now I know what happened to all our work -- it is going to India.  I simply don't understand that.  Yes, I understand the hospitals wanting to pay lower rates, but I DO NOT understand how they would put up with the poor quality of work they are surely receiving.  I am so discouraged and heart sick. ...

Can't Figure Out This Sign
May 09, 2011

Dr. is listing....Patient with 3-4 weeks of a frontal headache.  Discomfort with ROM of the neck, a lot of trapezius muscle tightness and paraspinal muscle tightness.  Positive s/l La-Rick.  ?????  HELP! ...

If You All Could Be So Kind As To Help Me Figure Out
Nov 13, 2012

I have not been with this company a full year and I know that changing my status before 6 months will affect my hire-on bonus, but how would I go about changing from full-time to part-time?  Do I tell them this is what I want to do or do I ask my TSM?  Any help you all could offer would be great!  ...

IC - How Do You Figure Your Taxes?
Sep 19, 2014

Going to be working as an IC and curious how to figure what I might need to be putting back for taxes.  I did this years ago and paid quarterly taxes, but can't remember the formula I had to use to figure what to send.  Seems like it was a percentage. ANyone direct me to where I can find out short of actually going to see an accountant.  TIA.   ...

I Cannot For The Life Of Me Figure Out
Jun 13, 2015

Seriously, no disrespect, 25 year veteran here, but really.  I cannot understand why any of you who are the caliber I was, which I know is many of you, well trained, top notch, used to earn 40,000 without blinking an eye and denegrated to become minimum wage typists adhering to draconian policy.   The BEST thing I ever did was quit and immediately land a job paying 40,000 a year...simple work, not my dream job, but great benefits, they BEGGED me to take the job...even after offering m ...

S/l Wecksel Pledget - I Know I've Had This Before, But Just Can't Figure It Out. Nm
Oct 16, 2009

x ...

How To Find Or Figure Out Blanks
Oct 27, 2009

Hi, I am looking for any ideas or tips that MT's may have as to how to find or figure out blanks. Thank you. ...

Latest Layoffs, Can We Figure Out
Jun 08, 2010

from what areas? SA4/South CCM is the same, but one regional director was changed from a guy to a woman I'm not familiar with. ...

Can't Figure Out Lab Screen Abbreviation
Jan 13, 2011

Hello!  :) This segment was dictated, and I can't for the life of me figure out what is in the parentheses: "Rubella immune. Varicella immune. Hepatitis negative. RPR negative. GC/Chlamydia negative. PPD negative. (JPS/JPF/GPS/GPF) negative." Obviously the doctor didn't say all of those acronyms, those are just some options of what it sounded like to me. The most distinctive sound is the middle letter "P." So it sounds like a 3-letter acronym with the middle letter being P. The pa ...

How In The World Do I Figure How To Charge?
Dec 05, 2011

Hi! I have been a transcriptionist for over 15 years.  I have only worked in a hospital and from home.  The home  job had been ELIMINATED, so I have not transcribed in about a year and a half.  I have never had to figure my lines as the hptl or powers that be have always just magically issued a paycheck.  Recently I was offered a PT job typing for a local clinic and I need work so of course I accepted and offered 8 cents a line.  I know a line is based on a 65-char ...

Found This Info When I Was Trying To Figure Out The
Jul 03, 2012

Higher utilization of offshore production and ASR leads to lower costs for us, which permits us to offer better pricing to our customers while at the same time contributing to margin growth. We have successfully migrated a significant portion of our volume offshore and we will continue these efforts. As technological advances and increased use of offshore resources have driven down industry costs, the average price per character has also declined as healthcare providers have sought to participa ...

PLEASE READ! For The People Who Can't Figure Out
Dec 17, 2012

I'm sorry, but there's a thread below where someone is calling out the user "SM".  LMAO! SM MEANS: short message, small message, or see message.  Pick whichever you prefer. It's been used on message boards practically since Al Gore invented the internet! (lol) I was told it meant "see message", while others have been told it's is one of the other 2 meanings.  However, the overall meaning is the same.  It means "Hey, there's a message ...

Trying To Figure Out Jury Duty Time Off
Apr 28, 2010

I've been trying to figure out jury duty time off.  I'm PT and see a lot of info for the FT folks and PT in certain states, not mine, but don't see anything other than that.  Does that mean they won't release me for jury duty?  I kind of thought companies were required to let you off for Jury duty.  Where I live, I can only opt out of Jury duty if I can prove an actual hardship and I don't believe MQ disallowing me to go constitutes that.  If anybody has experienc ...

Orthopedic Clinic Notes Ad, Anybody Figure It Out?
Mar 31, 2011

I applied to this ad and received an answer.  I got some very vague instructions on how to type the voice file.  Did anybody figure it out?  It sure would be nice to just receive a voice file in the email, transcribe it and then send it back to their email address.  ...

Can Someone Please Leet Me Know How To Figure Line Counts?
Oct 16, 2011

I've done this before but can't figure it out now.  I've totalled my line counts each day for a week including ASR and straight transcription, but now what do I do with that total?  Do I divide it by 7 days in the week or however many days I work or is it the hours I work?  Thanks for helping me. ...

How Do You Figure Your Work Availability Time?
Nov 23, 2012

Like say you wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, wait 5 minutes, get a job, no job, etc., till you have accumulated 15 minutes, but then how do you show it on the clock? Or do you restart the clock each time a job comes in? ...

Formula To Figure Out 50 Minutes Of Dictation
Aug 15, 2013

I am needing to know how much dictation would average out to 50 minutes of dictation each day.  I know there is a formula but I cannot find it in my files?  I am looking  for PT work at least 25 to 30 hours a week?  Any info would be helpful. ...

Can You Figure Up Your Paycheck By Your Line Count?
Sep 13, 2014

nm ...

Gonna Wait 2 Wk & Figure It Backwards
Dec 05, 2014

I saw the video, read the information, went to the meeting. Decided it's not worth stressing at this point, what can I do about it? But for the next 2 weeks I'm going to do the best job I can, as usual, and be a little more careful with my webclock punches.  Then I'm going to use the old plan to track my lines as usual, apply any shift differentials as usual, and calculate my total gross pay as usual. Then when the 26th paycheck comes, I'll look at the gross pay and see ...

Cant Figure Out This Brain Teaser This Morning
May 20, 2015

am I  ...

How Does A Person Figure How Many Minutes In An Hour Of Dictation Can Do
Jan 19, 2010

I am putting in for a proofing/transcribing job with a company but i need to also write down what i need for wages by how many minutes of dictation i can do.  How do i do this?  I have never kept track of minutes/hour and how much i actually do.  It has always been 8-9 cents/line.  She says an average is 20 minutes of dictation/hour then divide by 60 and that is what i would get paid per minute anywhere between her range she has.  Does anyone know how to figure this out. ...