A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I leave MModal with absolutely no regrets! - luvmydog

Posted: Apr 05, 2013

I didn't get let go, fired, or whatever they spin it to be.  On Monday, I got a phone call from a place I was trying to get hired on with.  They had an opening, asked me if I was interested in doing transcribing.  I told them, not really.  But, after she told me that they have brought all transcription back in house, I had to come to the interview, if not for any other reason than that, curiousity.  It seems they tried "everyone" out there in terms of transcription and one company, name starts with an S, was so bad, they had to redo and it was taking more of their money than less to outsource. 

I interviewed and on my way home from the interview, they called and asked me if I could start the NEXT MORNING.  Wowow.  They pay HOURLY, in the teens', goood pay.  Full benefits, you don't pay for them.  They give bonuses 2 times a year, and EVERYONE GETS THEM.  They throw a Christmas party every year and give one of the bonuses then.  I have an office I may share with the next new person.  Everyone is so nice.

I believe with all my heart that MM is going down, maybe not today, but they are going to change themselves right out of this business.  They way they treat people is disgusting. 

I am sorry for those I have read on here, crying, upset.  I know I am a very very lucky person to have this job.  Now, I can retire in 5 years and have some money. 

My husband went to the hospital on Christmas Day, this past Dec and he was given only a  short time to live.  I was scared to death what MM was going to do so, I spent a lot of time looking on the net and sending my resume anywhere I could. 

I wish you all the very best.  I hope that, if you stay, you still look for something better.  There is something better out there.  Take care all...

where? - worker

[ In Reply To ..]
What state is this job in? Are they hiring? lol Would like to think maybe there are other jobs like this out there?!

Email me...no message - luvmydog

[ In Reply To ..]
xx

Good for you! - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
Wow, best of luck to you!

Interstingly, I had the same situation with my husband back in 1997 (they didn't give him long to live), but my twist is that went into medical transcription to begin with for that reason. Sixteen years later, he's doing extremely well. However, MT field went bad.

I have chosen to leave the MT field at this point because of where it's going---I would recommend trying to learn a new skill set (like front desk work which utilizes Microsoft Office), for a little more job security.

But isn't it like an angel came knocking on your door?

So, luvmydog.... - (S/M)

[ In Reply To ..]
....how is your husband doing now, since December? I'm sorry if he's not doing well. That would be my worst nightmare, especially with the horrible health insurance we've had to get.

And to the poster just above me, that's wonderful that your husband is doing extremely well now!! That's worth so much more than this job, any day. Good luck to you....and, you're right--we all should get some training in Microsoft Office if we want to be qualified to apply for a lot of other jobs out there. It seems like 99% of the jobs I could otherwise do are requiring this (and Excel and Powerpoint).

Thank you, that was sweet....no message - luvmydog

[ In Reply To ..]
zxx

Oh my goodness...You have just made... - luvmydog

[ In Reply To ..]
my entire life. I am hoping this diagnosis is not life ending but, am afraid it is. He is doing very poorly. And yes, it is like an angel came to help me/us out. I thank God every day. I am in my 4th day of work and every one here is so happy and helps each other out. I am seriously waiting for something bad to happen cuz, that is what happened here but, maybe it is for real this time. I pray soooo. I am happy to hear your hubby is doing well. God bless..

luvmydog - Old Pro

[ In Reply To ..]
First of all, I am so sorry about your husband's sad news. I so really sorry that this is happening to your family. I am really happy for you that you have this wonderful new job. I hope that other MTs may also find good placements. As to M*Modal, their karma will come back to bite them in the, well, you know.

I wouldn't cry if they went under.....maybe that - luvmydog

[ In Reply To ..]
is mean cuz it would also be bad for anyone left at this company. If I could, I feel like someone "up there" loves me because I got this job and it is so wonderful for me. I like getting back out and working in an office and feeling like I am part of something bigger than myself.

No regrets - redmaj

[ In Reply To ..]
Congrats! I worked in house since 1977 up until about 5 years ago. I would LOVE to see hospitals bring back their MT depts. They will have good turn around time, the MTs know the docs, and I don't see how hospitals are saving any money outsourcing. How did that happen in the first place? It is also nice to have a fellow MT right next to you if you need help!!!

You said it! The administration of this .... - luvmydog

[ In Reply To ..]
hospital has the financial picture regarding transcription costs and it is eye opening to say the least. The doctors there are loving the MTs being back so they don't have to mess with all the riggamarole. They dictate into a hand held, drop it in their pocket between patients and the nurses down load it into the computer. Done. The MT turns it around in a day easily. Most of the time it is hours. They have a small amount of MTs so that everyone has work and the MTs are more than willing to make sure the turn around times are met so that they don't over hire MTs. What a concept!!!LOL

Similar Messages:

I Wonder If Mmodal Regrets Signing The Indian Contract
Mar 01, 2013

They have terrible accuracy and a lot of the US MT's are leaving because of the no work situation. I wonder if they regret ever signing the contract with India.  I guess you get what you pay for ...

If I Leave MModal, Do They Have To Pay Me My PTO?
May 20, 2012

I'm considering leaving MModal and giving 2 weeks notice.  I have 8 hours of PTO.  Are they legally obligated to pay me this?  Thanks. ...

Ready To Leave Mmodal, Had Enough
May 29, 2012

I've been at Mmodal for many years, part-time, no real complaints until now.  I know a lot of people get transferred to new CCMs quite often and I have as well but this time I went to a very hard account.  I'm willing to learn it but then one day after that transfer I was sent back to my original CCM but that account was made my primary instead of my previous ones.  I keep getting those emails about increasing line count, decreasing inactive time, going "mouseless" and I ...

Absolutely No Idea...HELP!
Oct 19, 2009

He had an abdominal ultrasound, which showed reverse lerndalytes and left guaddle veins. ...

HELP! I Have Absolutely No Clue What This Could Be.
Nov 12, 2009

This is a cardiologist dictating a med list.  He spells it out as OTROCEFF.  I tried changing the ceff to ceph tihnking the pt just sounded it out but no go.  Any ideas at all? I am completely stumped here.   ...

I AM ABSOLUTELY FLABBERGASTED.
Feb 18, 2010

Just had a doctor dictate that he told a young woman not to tell her sexual partners that she is HIV positive unless somebody wants to seriously marry her.  He told her just to ask them to wear a condom.  If they wanted to know why a condom, he told her to tell them it was a good idea for everybody to use them with all the diseases that are out there now.  Maybe I'm wayyyyy tooooo old, but I couldn't believe that a doctor was giving a young woman this advice.  ...

If You Absolutely Had To Choose ..help! ..sm
Jul 18, 2012

I've been looking for weeks.  The hospital I've been IC with for years is getting rid of all ICs - going totally VR and keeping only their existing employees.  I've tried to be very selective, looking for that great little company somewhere that would treat me with a little respect and value my years of experience.  Well, now I'm to the point that I need to start bringing in a paycheck ASAP.  I've been offered both M-Modal and Nuance - which were my v ...

Is TransTech Absolutely
Jan 25, 2013

I see they are advertising again.  I told them I'd take their test if they would tell me their line rate which they were nice enough to do (the lousy industry "standard"  8/4).  Worse than what I make now, so I had to pass, as I am trying to escape this crap job altogether.  Can anyone give me a  reason why I might try to get on with them if I were to change my mind? Thanks.      ...

I Absolutely Refuse
May 09, 2015

I absolutely Refuse to do any more VR for less than what straight typing pays. Find another Sucker to fix your jacked up reports. This is not worth my time, I am an Educated Professional.  Do not take advantage of me, I will Not sell myself short! Note to transcription companies:  Speech recognition is Not ready for medical or legal reports. It is more suited for personal or small business use at this point. Continue to push this VR crap and you will lose the good scribes.  Wha ...

Some Employers Are Absolutely Hateful!
Dec 22, 2011

It was not bad enough for them to let me go without any kind of notice, but now they will not tell DHS how long I worked for them so I can get food stamps!!  Thanks DSG!!! ...

Absolutely Ridiculous!! I Just Got Chewed Out By QA
May 07, 2012

for putting potassium was 216.  She said patient safety is an issue here.  I said ok.  I mean with the crap pay I get, they cannot expect me to memorize normal values in anything!!  That is what QA is for, for one thing.  For another, if that is what the dr said or even what it sounded like, that is on HIS shoulders!!  What a crappy job to have!! ...

Okay, Now I Am 6 Hours Into My Shift With Absolutely Nothing (sm)
Jan 30, 2013

and now I'm wondering if they threw me a bone yesterday just to leave me to starve today.  I have been checking every 10 to 15 minutes in between doing things around the house.  Thanks MM, since I had no work, I did get a chance to have lunch with my son who only had a half day of school today!  ...

Absolutely No Motivation For This Job Anymore.
Mar 20, 2015

After 21 years of doing transcription, yes starting with a typewriter, I have no will left to do this job. After searching other companies, it seems the industry is in the toilet. We are at the mercy of companies like Nuance because in-house transcription is a thing of the past. I woke up this morning and realized in the last 16 years I have come full circle, 7 cpl when starting at home, and now most likely back to 7 cpl with this new grid. I don't even see the point in arguing over the QC% ...

So Torn That I'm Absolutely A Wreck! Need Advice Please.
May 19, 2012

I've been reading these boards for years, and have never posted. But I'm desperate for some advice. I have worked for years at a very small company as an IC and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, life events threw me a curve and I was forced to find an employee-status job. I thought I landed THE best opportunity. I have been with Accentus for a few months and absolutely hate it. I WANT soooooooo badly to like it and make it work, as I do believe it is one of the better companies out ...

Absolutely These Posts Are Monitored, But Who Cares?
Jun 02, 2013

"They" would be foolish not to read these posts.  What a great way to see what their employees are truly feeling...not that that changes anything or that they care.  As to the people who always jump on the people who "complain" (I call it venting), they are just arrogant, aggressive types who love to argue.  The one way below who was outraged that someone can't believe someone would be happy with their job, to her I say, good for you.  You're happy?  Well, you ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Started New VR Job Today On Escription & ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Nov 15, 2010

I am so excited!  I started a new job today and I absolutely love my account and editing VR on this platform.  I made pretty good lines in just a couple hours using none of the VR key combinations because I haven't started utilizing them yet (figure it will take time to learn them) but I don't think avg. 300 lph is too bad on first day huh?  I was worried and now I can't imagine going back to transcribing, seriously.  I hope tomorrow and each day after is as go ...

I Absolutely Hate The New Group I Was Recently Transferred To.
Dec 30, 2013

I was transferred only about about a month ago (stolen according to my last TSM). This is a new account. Every single week it is something. I was moved to this group " because I had no production problems and no quality problems" according to my previous TSM. Thus far, I have failed 1 audit by 0.15 points, followed by passing an audit, and I have had, according to the email subject, targeted audits 3 out of 4 weeks. I got an email stating I had failed my targeted audit (1 error - date), and ...

Social Security. HaHa! Tried To Apply-absolutely Frustrated
Dec 03, 2009

First, they took almost $300 off me back in the '90s because I didn't pay for a year.Does wages of $37 and payment of $2 to SS count? The following year, it shows no income. Okay, maybe I didn't work that year but I still had 40 credits then. Now, I tried to apply and they want my W2 for 2008 according to the online applications. SS called me today. They show no wages for me in 2005. Send a W2, but they do have 2008 and  i don't have to send that. They show les ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Why Would I Want To Leave MQ
Mar 21, 2010

In case any of the higher ups read this--here is the reason why I (and so many others like me) are leaving (I really think they don't see the big picture: 1.  Been with the company over 10 years, working more hours and making much less than the first day I joined the company.  No raise in over 8 years and 2 pay cuts. When you work at a job, you are supposed to make more money not less--we are going in the WRONG direction. 2.  No federal income tax taken out of my pay this y ...

Want To Leave MT
Oct 22, 2010

Hello, I am seriously considering leaving the field.  I have worked too hard all my life to subject myself to one more drop in pay.  Sometimes, we just have to make a stand and I think my time has come!  Luckily, my husband has a good job and I can afford to take some time off to take a class or two or start over in another field.  My question is what direction to go?  What field would make for the smoothest transition?  My friend who is also thinking of ...

When To Leave Your Job??
Dec 10, 2010

I like my job and the people I work for, but I just cannot seem to make enough money. I have worked for 2+ years as an MT and get 8 cents a line. My accounts frequently have new difficult ESL docs, so there is a major learning curve practically every day which of course brings down my line counts. The company I work for is regularly bashed on the boards here, but since pretty much every major MTSO is as well, I'm wondering if it's any better anywhere else. What have been other peo ...

Did Everyone Leave Their Job Sm
May 05, 2011

I am wondering if anyone quit the company they worked for, took time off and found another transcription job after a hiatus.  I am thinking about quitting the company I work for because there is no work.  I know the account managers have favorites and can control who they give the work to.  I heard this from an inside source.  Anyway I am finding it too depressing to sit here for very little work. If I quit do you think it will be any harder to find work in maybe a month. I a ...

Trying To Leave MT. Sm
Jun 19, 2014

Help with two underlined sentences below. Purpose and Scope:  The incumbent is responsible for data entry, record assembly/analysis for all in-patient and out-patient records deficiencies in Hospital system.  Notifications to physicians of the need for record completion. He/she may provide back up for the Record Completion Section and transcription process function.  I.          Position Requirements:      &n ...

Leave Of Absence
Jan 29, 2010

I'm at my wits end and so stressed out with all this NJA crud, struggling to pay bills, never knowing how much money I'll make from check to check, and wondering how long I'll even have a job.  I've decided to take a personal LOA to try to pull it together and destress.  I sent my CCM an email about doing it and why a couple of weeks ago. I've already put in for it at Hartford and they too sent CCM an email about it.  However, CCM has never gotten back to me yet a ...

Will EHR Leave MTs Jobless?
Mar 03, 2010

I just had a chance to see the NextGen EHR demo videos.  The incentives for using EHR from the insurances companies are huge.  It amounts to $3,000 per doctor per month. The doctor won't be able to fiddle with the computer to create EHR.  Even with the current dictation types, the doctor would make some sort of a note or something to remember the main paints to dictate.  This note is sufficient for the assistants to create EHRs.  Probably an assistant will be able ...

Wake Up: They Want You To Leave. Don't You Get It?
Jul 30, 2010

Why is it that MQ is still advertising on mtjobs that they have openings, yet the MTs already working for MQ have NO work?  Also, a friend of mine applied for clinic transcription there recently, and they put her through 2 interviews, only to tell her that they had no clinic openings.  I have heard that they are transitioning accounts to India as fast as they can (probably trying to catch up to that requirement that 80% of the work has to go to CBay/India).  So why are they still ...

When Is It Time To Leave
Sep 16, 2010

I work for a company whom I don't know anymore.  Like most I'm sure.  it was a good company at one time, but now I'm waiting for pay from July, August, and of course up to now in Sept.  I have had two pay cuts in the last six months.  People say go do something else.  I have been an MT for over 25 years and am now in my fifties. Not so easy to attempt to find something else in this economy and being single w/o another pay check coming in does not help.&nbs ...

How Much $ Would It Take For You To Leave MTing?
Oct 12, 2010

I love my job, I do well at it.  I am $45,000 give or take a couple thousand every year.  I am losing my account to VR, and I will have to switch accounts.  I will not be able to make as much on the new accounts, probably a 25% pay cut.  I have a job interview this afternoon for a job in a doctor's office doing routine front desk duties.  I don't know how much it pays.  What if they ask me how much I am looking for?  I don't know what to say.&nb ...