A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Is TransTech absolutely - horrible?

Posted: Jan 25, 2013

I see they are advertising again.  I told them I'd take their test if they would tell me their line rate which they were nice enough to do (the lousy industry "standard"  8/4).  Worse than what I make now, so I had to pass, as I am trying to escape this crap job altogether.  Can anyone give me a  reason why I might try to get on with them if I were to change my mind? Thanks.     

I may sound crazy, but I would gladly go back to working for them. sm - In the looney bin

[ In Reply To ..]
I left for a "better" job which turned out not to be so, but I am trying to stick it out and retire. I might not be able to do that. I may lose my mind first. TT was not perfect, but it was far the best company I have worked for in many years since all these companies went into slave mode.

Similar Messages:

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Absolutely No Idea...HELP!
Oct 19, 2009

He had an abdominal ultrasound, which showed reverse lerndalytes and left guaddle veins. ...

HELP! I Have Absolutely No Clue What This Could Be.
Nov 12, 2009

This is a cardiologist dictating a med list.  He spells it out as OTROCEFF.  I tried changing the ceff to ceph tihnking the pt just sounded it out but no go.  Any ideas at all? I am completely stumped here.   ...

I AM ABSOLUTELY FLABBERGASTED.
Feb 18, 2010

Just had a doctor dictate that he told a young woman not to tell her sexual partners that she is HIV positive unless somebody wants to seriously marry her.  He told her just to ask them to wear a condom.  If they wanted to know why a condom, he told her to tell them it was a good idea for everybody to use them with all the diseases that are out there now.  Maybe I'm wayyyyy tooooo old, but I couldn't believe that a doctor was giving a young woman this advice.  ...

If You Absolutely Had To Choose ..help! ..sm
Jul 18, 2012

I've been looking for weeks.  The hospital I've been IC with for years is getting rid of all ICs - going totally VR and keeping only their existing employees.  I've tried to be very selective, looking for that great little company somewhere that would treat me with a little respect and value my years of experience.  Well, now I'm to the point that I need to start bringing in a paycheck ASAP.  I've been offered both M-Modal and Nuance - which were my v ...

I Absolutely Refuse
May 09, 2015

I absolutely Refuse to do any more VR for less than what straight typing pays. Find another Sucker to fix your jacked up reports. This is not worth my time, I am an Educated Professional.  Do not take advantage of me, I will Not sell myself short! Note to transcription companies:  Speech recognition is Not ready for medical or legal reports. It is more suited for personal or small business use at this point. Continue to push this VR crap and you will lose the good scribes.  Wha ...

Some Employers Are Absolutely Hateful!
Dec 22, 2011

It was not bad enough for them to let me go without any kind of notice, but now they will not tell DHS how long I worked for them so I can get food stamps!!  Thanks DSG!!! ...

Absolutely Ridiculous!! I Just Got Chewed Out By QA
May 07, 2012

for putting potassium was 216.  She said patient safety is an issue here.  I said ok.  I mean with the crap pay I get, they cannot expect me to memorize normal values in anything!!  That is what QA is for, for one thing.  For another, if that is what the dr said or even what it sounded like, that is on HIS shoulders!!  What a crappy job to have!! ...

Okay, Now I Am 6 Hours Into My Shift With Absolutely Nothing (sm)
Jan 30, 2013

and now I'm wondering if they threw me a bone yesterday just to leave me to starve today.  I have been checking every 10 to 15 minutes in between doing things around the house.  Thanks MM, since I had no work, I did get a chance to have lunch with my son who only had a half day of school today!  ...

Absolutely No Motivation For This Job Anymore.
Mar 20, 2015

After 21 years of doing transcription, yes starting with a typewriter, I have no will left to do this job. After searching other companies, it seems the industry is in the toilet. We are at the mercy of companies like Nuance because in-house transcription is a thing of the past. I woke up this morning and realized in the last 16 years I have come full circle, 7 cpl when starting at home, and now most likely back to 7 cpl with this new grid. I don't even see the point in arguing over the QC% ...

So Torn That I'm Absolutely A Wreck! Need Advice Please.
May 19, 2012

I've been reading these boards for years, and have never posted. But I'm desperate for some advice. I have worked for years at a very small company as an IC and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, life events threw me a curve and I was forced to find an employee-status job. I thought I landed THE best opportunity. I have been with Accentus for a few months and absolutely hate it. I WANT soooooooo badly to like it and make it work, as I do believe it is one of the better companies out ...

I Leave MModal With Absolutely No Regrets!
Apr 05, 2013

I didn't get let go, fired, or whatever they spin it to be.  On Monday, I got a phone call from a place I was trying to get hired on with.  They had an opening, asked me if I was interested in doing transcribing.  I told them, not really.  But, after she told me that they have brought all transcription back in house, I had to come to the interview, if not for any other reason than that, curiousity.  It seems they tried "everyone" out there in terms of tran ...

Absolutely These Posts Are Monitored, But Who Cares?
Jun 02, 2013

"They" would be foolish not to read these posts.  What a great way to see what their employees are truly feeling...not that that changes anything or that they care.  As to the people who always jump on the people who "complain" (I call it venting), they are just arrogant, aggressive types who love to argue.  The one way below who was outraged that someone can't believe someone would be happy with their job, to her I say, good for you.  You're happy?  Well, you ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Started New VR Job Today On Escription & ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Nov 15, 2010

I am so excited!  I started a new job today and I absolutely love my account and editing VR on this platform.  I made pretty good lines in just a couple hours using none of the VR key combinations because I haven't started utilizing them yet (figure it will take time to learn them) but I don't think avg. 300 lph is too bad on first day huh?  I was worried and now I can't imagine going back to transcribing, seriously.  I hope tomorrow and each day after is as go ...

I Absolutely Hate The New Group I Was Recently Transferred To.
Dec 30, 2013

I was transferred only about about a month ago (stolen according to my last TSM). This is a new account. Every single week it is something. I was moved to this group " because I had no production problems and no quality problems" according to my previous TSM. Thus far, I have failed 1 audit by 0.15 points, followed by passing an audit, and I have had, according to the email subject, targeted audits 3 out of 4 weeks. I got an email stating I had failed my targeted audit (1 error - date), and ...

Social Security. HaHa! Tried To Apply-absolutely Frustrated
Dec 03, 2009

First, they took almost $300 off me back in the '90s because I didn't pay for a year.Does wages of $37 and payment of $2 to SS count? The following year, it shows no income. Okay, maybe I didn't work that year but I still had 40 credits then. Now, I tried to apply and they want my W2 for 2008 according to the online applications. SS called me today. They show no wages for me in 2005. Send a W2, but they do have 2008 and  i don't have to send that. They show les ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...

To MT Looking/TransTech
Mar 08, 2012

I started a new thread because I noticed your question about TransTech waaaay down at the bottom of the page and with no responses yet, so here goes... In my personal experience, nothing has changed from the older posts.  Even today, I have 4 accounts and I'm currently waiting for work to come into my queue.  If you can get in with TransTech as a favorite, you can make BIG money doing 98% OP notes (about 30,000 lines per pay period).  But, if you're just a regular, ...

Anything New At TransTech????
Jul 19, 2012

Usually there are lots of posts here about TT.  Just wondering what is going on now.  I was hired and supposed to start work there, but could not work with satellite.  For some reason, the EditScript would not come up.  So I got rid of satellite and had Verizon Wireless installed.  So far this is working pretty good.  Much better than satellite -- knock on wood.  Hopefully I can start working again.  ...

Last Day At TransTech
Jul 31, 2012

I've been with TT for about 6 years but was recently offered an in house job at 4x the pay and really great benefits. I have to say I really enjoyed working for TT other than the times of low volume and I would recommend them. Things have changed for me and I can't turn down this opportunity but I do wish them well. ...

Transtech ?
Oct 22, 2012

Does anyone know if they hire part time?  I know I have seen comments about them running out of work, but that seems to be a common thing among most of the companies anymore.  ...

Anyone Know Anything About TransTech?
Mar 18, 2013

I was recently hired by Transtech, just wondering if anyone has any experience with them?  I was very excited to get a job offer, but was a little nervous when the recruiter started explaining what to do when work was slow or there was no work.  AT 4.5 cpl for VR, the last thing I need is long periods of no work.  Anyone with experience with them? ...