A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Absolutely these posts are monitored, but who cares? - New

Posted: Jun 02, 2013

"They" would be foolish not to read these posts.  What a great way to see what their employees are truly feeling...not that that changes anything or that they care.  As to the people who always jump on the people who "complain" (I call it venting), they are just arrogant, aggressive types who love to argue.  The one way below who was outraged that someone can't believe someone would be happy with their job, to her I say, good for you.  You're happy?  Well, you seem like an intolerant person.  How CAN you be happy with this miserable company?  (No answer necessary, please, spare us the excessive preaching.)  And those who keep asking, "well why do you stay, why don't you leave?"  NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.  Why does anybody do anything?! 

LOL Amen,,,there are some on here that - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
that would argue with a fencepost if they thought they could get a rise out of it..If your happy fine, if your not, I totally understand why..If you are in the position to do something else, that's your decision, if not feel free to away, maybe some day the company will give a hoot. Just not holding my breath waiting.

My guess is there are about a dozen MTs - on this board...

[ In Reply To ..]
who change their "nickname/alias" and post over and over because there are so many repeat posts on here, it's an absolute joke. It's the same whining over and over. If I was ever that unhappy with a company, I would leave, and that's that. I found it particularly hilarious some months ago when someone (or multiple people maybe) were posting things like "fire me please!" "please lay me off!" and then like a couple of weeks later someone posted that they were fired, then more people posted they were fired, and on and on it went, and "everyone" was like "oh no, I'm so sorry you lost your job, how horrible." It's utter madness, which is what keeps me reading it every few weeks or so - purely entertainment purposes. If the suits read these boards, which I doubt they would bother, but if they do, the nature of these posts are most definitely not going to get us better treatment. Most of the posters sound ridiculous - no way an employer would look at these posts and say "gosh, I should treat my employees better." If anything, I think it would have the opposite effect.

Those that Love MM - Piece worker

[ In Reply To ..]
I personally am really happy that there are those who work for MM that really like doing piece work. These people will be doing piece work for the rest of their lives cause they think that is all they are worth, and the rest of us will have moved on to real careers, better pay, and much brighter lives.

Stay here and do your piece work for the rest of your lives if that is what you want and that is all you think your worth.

P.S. I hope MM pays their share into your 401Ks.

Similar Messages:

Nobody Cares
Dec 13, 2011

I was just expressing to a regional management-level employee at my company how I thought the VR product was second-rate because to make any lines at all you kind of have to blaze through it and not make it a high-quality grammatical document as you do when typing.  She said ya know what?  Nobody cares any more.  The doctors don't care, the hospitals/clinics don't care.  All they want is fast and cheap.  Is it true?  I can't bear to see all ...

Who Cares?
May 22, 2015

Don't you hate it when you get an email about teamwork and how Nuance strives for excellence and how we're all part of a team? If they strive for excellence, they should pay for excellence. If we're all part of a team for Nuance excellence, then MTs should be paid as if they contributed to the team's excellence. Getting paid minimum wage says otherwise and is why nobody cares and doesn't feel like part of the team despite all the talk of phony "RAH! RAH!" Phony teamwo ...

There Is A Company That Cares Out There
Sep 19, 2014

I have recently started with a company that has been "somewhat bashed here."  However,  it is straight typing and if get "mush mouth" repeatedly, I can call  or email and they will change my pool.  I can talk to the VP, and she LISTENS to what I have to say.  I got a call today from tech support and it was to the effect of "what can we do to make your job easier?" It's IC status, they recently ran and ad and were SWAMPED!  I feel blessed to be wolrking for thi ...

Somebody Cares About My Mouse Clicks!
Feb 11, 2011

I just got my second DEP ASR Productivity Results.  If the person that has time to count mouse clicks, time spent away from keyboard, etc is reading this, then answer this, why don't you take into account time spent reading multiple client profiles, time spent reading sample reports to get information, etc?  Do you not expect us to leave our chairs occasionally?  I personally am more suited to using my mouse.  A lot of the shortcuts just didn't work as well for me.& ...

Doctor States "surgery Under MAC Anesthesia." Is Anesthesia Redundant As MAC Is Monitored
Oct 17, 2009

x ...

Absolutely No Idea...HELP!
Oct 19, 2009

He had an abdominal ultrasound, which showed reverse lerndalytes and left guaddle veins. ...

HELP! I Have Absolutely No Clue What This Could Be.
Nov 12, 2009

This is a cardiologist dictating a med list.  He spells it out as OTROCEFF.  I tried changing the ceff to ceph tihnking the pt just sounded it out but no go.  Any ideas at all? I am completely stumped here.   ...

I AM ABSOLUTELY FLABBERGASTED.
Feb 18, 2010

Just had a doctor dictate that he told a young woman not to tell her sexual partners that she is HIV positive unless somebody wants to seriously marry her.  He told her just to ask them to wear a condom.  If they wanted to know why a condom, he told her to tell them it was a good idea for everybody to use them with all the diseases that are out there now.  Maybe I'm wayyyyy tooooo old, but I couldn't believe that a doctor was giving a young woman this advice.  ...

If You Absolutely Had To Choose ..help! ..sm
Jul 18, 2012

I've been looking for weeks.  The hospital I've been IC with for years is getting rid of all ICs - going totally VR and keeping only their existing employees.  I've tried to be very selective, looking for that great little company somewhere that would treat me with a little respect and value my years of experience.  Well, now I'm to the point that I need to start bringing in a paycheck ASAP.  I've been offered both M-Modal and Nuance - which were my v ...

Is TransTech Absolutely
Jan 25, 2013

I see they are advertising again.  I told them I'd take their test if they would tell me their line rate which they were nice enough to do (the lousy industry "standard"  8/4).  Worse than what I make now, so I had to pass, as I am trying to escape this crap job altogether.  Can anyone give me a  reason why I might try to get on with them if I were to change my mind? Thanks.      ...

I Absolutely Refuse
May 09, 2015

I absolutely Refuse to do any more VR for less than what straight typing pays. Find another Sucker to fix your jacked up reports. This is not worth my time, I am an Educated Professional.  Do not take advantage of me, I will Not sell myself short! Note to transcription companies:  Speech recognition is Not ready for medical or legal reports. It is more suited for personal or small business use at this point. Continue to push this VR crap and you will lose the good scribes.  Wha ...

Some Employers Are Absolutely Hateful!
Dec 22, 2011

It was not bad enough for them to let me go without any kind of notice, but now they will not tell DHS how long I worked for them so I can get food stamps!!  Thanks DSG!!! ...

Absolutely Ridiculous!! I Just Got Chewed Out By QA
May 07, 2012

for putting potassium was 216.  She said patient safety is an issue here.  I said ok.  I mean with the crap pay I get, they cannot expect me to memorize normal values in anything!!  That is what QA is for, for one thing.  For another, if that is what the dr said or even what it sounded like, that is on HIS shoulders!!  What a crappy job to have!! ...

Okay, Now I Am 6 Hours Into My Shift With Absolutely Nothing (sm)
Jan 30, 2013

and now I'm wondering if they threw me a bone yesterday just to leave me to starve today.  I have been checking every 10 to 15 minutes in between doing things around the house.  Thanks MM, since I had no work, I did get a chance to have lunch with my son who only had a half day of school today!  ...

Absolutely No Motivation For This Job Anymore.
Mar 20, 2015

After 21 years of doing transcription, yes starting with a typewriter, I have no will left to do this job. After searching other companies, it seems the industry is in the toilet. We are at the mercy of companies like Nuance because in-house transcription is a thing of the past. I woke up this morning and realized in the last 16 years I have come full circle, 7 cpl when starting at home, and now most likely back to 7 cpl with this new grid. I don't even see the point in arguing over the QC% ...

So Torn That I'm Absolutely A Wreck! Need Advice Please.
May 19, 2012

I've been reading these boards for years, and have never posted. But I'm desperate for some advice. I have worked for years at a very small company as an IC and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, life events threw me a curve and I was forced to find an employee-status job. I thought I landed THE best opportunity. I have been with Accentus for a few months and absolutely hate it. I WANT soooooooo badly to like it and make it work, as I do believe it is one of the better companies out ...

I Leave MModal With Absolutely No Regrets!
Apr 05, 2013

I didn't get let go, fired, or whatever they spin it to be.  On Monday, I got a phone call from a place I was trying to get hired on with.  They had an opening, asked me if I was interested in doing transcribing.  I told them, not really.  But, after she told me that they have brought all transcription back in house, I had to come to the interview, if not for any other reason than that, curiousity.  It seems they tried "everyone" out there in terms of tran ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Started New VR Job Today On Escription & ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Nov 15, 2010

I am so excited!  I started a new job today and I absolutely love my account and editing VR on this platform.  I made pretty good lines in just a couple hours using none of the VR key combinations because I haven't started utilizing them yet (figure it will take time to learn them) but I don't think avg. 300 lph is too bad on first day huh?  I was worried and now I can't imagine going back to transcribing, seriously.  I hope tomorrow and each day after is as go ...

I Absolutely Hate The New Group I Was Recently Transferred To.
Dec 30, 2013

I was transferred only about about a month ago (stolen according to my last TSM). This is a new account. Every single week it is something. I was moved to this group " because I had no production problems and no quality problems" according to my previous TSM. Thus far, I have failed 1 audit by 0.15 points, followed by passing an audit, and I have had, according to the email subject, targeted audits 3 out of 4 weeks. I got an email stating I had failed my targeted audit (1 error - date), and ...

Social Security. HaHa! Tried To Apply-absolutely Frustrated
Dec 03, 2009

First, they took almost $300 off me back in the '90s because I didn't pay for a year.Does wages of $37 and payment of $2 to SS count? The following year, it shows no income. Okay, maybe I didn't work that year but I still had 40 credits then. Now, I tried to apply and they want my W2 for 2008 according to the online applications. SS called me today. They show no wages for me in 2005. Send a W2, but they do have 2008 and  i don't have to send that. They show les ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

Job Posts
Dec 30, 2009

Why is it, that when you apply for a job, the company doesn't have the decency to contact you back, after jumping through hoops to complete their testing? ...

Help Please, A Few Posts Down . . .
Apr 08, 2010

someone had the instructions for finding out about the STATUS on DocQManage.  I do not have the status.  Could someone walk me through this to see how to find out about the people working on my account?  Any help would be appreciated!!! ...

Where Did All The Posts
Jul 10, 2010

. ...

Wish We Could See All Posts In The
Jul 20, 2010

It would be nice if we could read all the posts in the current month.  Sometimes I want to follow a particular thread, but it falls off the bottom of the page and cannot be seen. Can this capability be enabled?   ...

Where Are All The Posts Between 8/1 And 8/8?
Aug 16, 2010

Posts missing for the week of 8/1 to 8/7 or 8/8.  hmmm.  Just wondering is all. ...

This Is What The Job Posts Lately Seem Like
Jan 19, 2011

Every time I look to see what's out there, as far as job requirements it seems to get worse and worse.  I just wanted to put something up here which is what this all reminds me of... thank you for putting up with my sick humor...  Here's what I think when I read jost postings: WANTED:  MT!!!!  This job is For YOU!  Why wait in the cold outside, freezing in your home which is a box under the highway when you can bask in the warmth of our SWEAT SHOP!!! Yes! We ...

The Posts About W2s. Sm
Jan 29, 2011

I am amazed at how many people ask the same question year after year about company after company.  Companies have until 1/31 to mail W2s.  The bigger the company, the longer it takes to finish up the previous year's books and have W2s ready to print.  It takes a lot of time to print, assemble, stuff, seal, stamp and mail an entire company's worth of W2s.  Smaller companies often take just as long because they don't have a large accounting department or the manp ...

Regarding All The Posts Below About Being On 100% QA----
Mar 21, 2012

First of all, it sickens me and I can't use the language I want to use about this or I'll get banned. A few weeks ago I failed an audit just under the 99%.  I started getting worried, and I confided in my CCM - told her I was worried about my pay being docked if I ended up on 100% QA.  I also told her why all of a sudden are they unhappy with my work when I have been here over 10 years and have always passed my audits.  The reasons for failing were ridiculous, and I tol ...