A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

He has marked tightness of his lumbar area on forward flexion. He remains absolutely flat. - need help with this

Posted: Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia.

yes, use the period - hmmm

[ In Reply To ..]
For the sentence "he has marked tightness of his lumbar area," what he means is the tightness is felt to palpaltion.

The sentence "he remains absolutely flat on forward flexion" means that the back does not curve when bending fowarded (as in down to touch his toes).

You have it correctly with the period after flexion. nm - oldtimer

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Shoulder Exam - S/l Forward Flexion On The "contrella" Side Nm
Jan 24, 2015

. ...

Dorsi Flexion Vs Dorsal Flexion Vs Dorsiflexion
Feb 03, 2014

No other text needed.   ...

Hyphen - Head-forward And Shoulders-forward Posture
Sep 29, 2011

which of these sentences in this  phrase "head forward and shoulders forward posture" are correct grammatically.......(use of hyphens)   head-forward and shoulders-forward posture or head-forward, shoulders-forward posture   Anybody got a clue ?  Thnx,   ...

S/l "light Poma In The Left Lumbar Area"
Jan 11, 2010

am I hearing that right? want to make sure. thanks. ...

Lumbar Disc Or Lumbar Disk- Which Is Correct-- Sm
Jul 09, 2011

Which is the correct way to transcribe this -- lumbar disc or lumbar disk -- I have been transcribing 4-ever and typed it disc but was recently told it is disk??  ...

Ischiococcygeal Area Or Ishial And Coccyx Area?
Dec 21, 2014

QA picked this up.  I had ischiococcygeal area which I could find listed as one word on google, but I could not find it listed by search criteria which I separated the 2 words.  I can find ischial and coccyx, but not together as the dictator is stating.  The only thing that makes me wonder iif QA is right is the context before the words.  He stated he has 2 ulcers at the ischiococcygeal area.  It seems like in this case it would be ischial and coccyx, but I cannot docume ...

So The Question Still Remains -- AAPC Or AHIMA
May 09, 2010

i understand one is more geared towards outpatient and one more toward inpatient, but the question still remains, one is a 4 month full time course and one is a 1 year or so.  But the question still does remain, WHICH organization has a better well rounded LEARN MEDICAL CODING TO GET AN ENTRY LEVEL JOB in Todays Market?  for the newbie?   anyone?????????  please ...

Flexion/extension
Oct 20, 2009

the doctor is assesing a wrist injury and after addressing flexion and extension, goes into: "pulsar 1/2+, cap refil is 2 seconds"?? Any clue what he is saying? What is standard for the dr to cover on this type of injury? ...

Plantar Flexion Or Plantarflexion
Nov 14, 2010

Has the spelling of this changed?  ASR keeps giving me plantarflexion all of a sudden.  TIA ...

S/l Endialance Of Plantar Flexion
Dec 14, 2010

I have recommended a Weil osteotomy to the third ray in attempts to control her forefoot pain there, and also a chevron bunionectomy and  S/L endialance of plantar flexion to get a bit more weightbearing there. TIA ...

If I Put A.m., I'm Marked Off?
Jul 25, 2012

In all my years of life, I have NEVER typed 3 P.M.  It is 3 p.m.  NOT CAPPED.   Now, all of a sudden, I get marked off for not putting it in all caps?  I HATE M*MODAL! ...

Agno-me-ometer? Measuring Flexion?
Jan 07, 2010

Lumbar range of motion was assessed. She was able to forward flex only 30 degrees. This was a test using agno-me-ometer ...

Twice Where I Have Had A Report That Is Marked As SR
Jul 01, 2012

I dont pay much attention to upcoming jobs..But I will from now on...Second job I have had in 2 days that was marked as ASR but came out blank..Typed the whole thing and was making a macro for the doctor and saw the skipped marker when I deleted the text..So I made it and expansion, hit f11, cleared it all out, and sent it that way..And im not bothering sending reasons why I do F11, if they want to know they can ask, I dont have the time...Beware all thats a sneaky way to screw us out of lines. ...

Now Besides Just Getting Our QA Percentage Marked Off,
Nov 30, 2014

our pay will be docked because we may leave out "a" or something along that line or not place a comma where they believe it should be.  Before it just affected our bonuses but not our actual pay that we get.  Now our pay will be deducted for every error that they deem that we make!!!  That doesn't even seem legal.  Even if you work at McDonalds and make a mistake they don't cut your pay and don't give me the crap about affecting patient safety.  Bull crap! ...

I Got Marked Down For Transcribing DB HL As 2 Words
Aug 08, 2013

It was corrected to dBHL. Was QA correct in changing it to 1 word as "dBHL." ??? ...

Because Of The Concern Of The Marked Leukocytosis And The (presumption) Of Sepsis Due To That
May 12, 2011

Because of the concern of the marked leukocytosis and the (s/l presumption) of sepsis due to that ...

The Left Breast Remains Swollen Compared To The Right Breast With Some S/l Po Durage Changes Of The
Dec 19, 2009

xx ...

There Is A Rib Hump On The Right When Bending Forward. Please Sm
Jan 10, 2010

No s/l hair-cu-ta-ne-ous lesions.  ...

Was Looking Forward To Payday Tomorrow Until
Jul 14, 2010

I got an email from HR today that my husband was 'accidentally' added back on my insurance.  Note that he has not been on my insurance for almost a year.  How this happened I have no idea. That means my paycheck tomorrow will have about $400 deducted from it just for that error.  The email basically said "Ooops, sorry about our mistake you will be reimbursed with *next* paycheck." That means a 2-week wait for their mistake.  I am not desperate for the money (thank ...

Forward-wheeled Walker?
May 23, 2012

Is it forward-wheel walker or 4-wheeled walker? ...

Silent Type MTs Come Forward
Sep 27, 2012

Is anyone getting work?? I am told there is plenty of work, but keep getting "no jobs available". If you are getting work, when do you get it?? I have flexed every way I know and still get no work. If you are getting work, are you milking the system 24 hours a day to get it?? If someone would please tell me how they are making production requirements I would sure appreicate it, because I haven't made it for months now. ...

They'll Tell You Anything, Flat Out Lie Even, To Get You
Oct 04, 2012

Then once they have you, watch out.  Nuance lies.  They lie to everyone they take over, i.e., the pretty great company and pretty great pay you were making before; kiss it goodbye.  They lie.  I just want to warn all of you considering your options.  I wish I had been warned because I had no idea it would be this bad.  I would have recorded my phone conversations and saved all the E-mails if I'd known.  Be smarter than I was.  I have been here 1-1/2 y ...

Way To Research Prior Dictation To See If FIESA Correct In What They Marked Off For
Jan 29, 2014

I have been dinged for something that I know I did not do, is there a way to go back and see your header and if you pended report and if so what you put there.  I know I pended this and they are telling me I did not.  Thanks ...

Prostate Is Flat
Nov 11, 2009

I am having extreme difficulty with a dictation. I have read some other post, but when I ask a transcription advisor at Allied, if in fact the doctor is saying "flat", I'm told no. Anyone have any idea what is being said? The sentence is " On digital rectal exam the prostate is (flat, flas, flaccid) without firmness or nodularity." Thanks for any help on this problem. ...

Flat Burnt Out On My Job.
Dec 09, 2011

New QA's and they are "redoing" everything, including report formats.  We've had to correct them on a few items and yet they storm ahead and are making work miserable.  Doctors I've typed for now over 10 years and the new QA person acts as though I'm new and never heard his dictation and "here's how it should be from now on."  WTH? Seriously?  She changes words and puts in the wrong words, not even what was ever said, and then my pay hurts because of ...

Mail Perge. Forward To Your Regular Email
Sep 18, 2010

FYI:  If there are any emails you need to save for reference before the perge, go into that email, hit forward, and send to your personal email.  ...

Flat Page Rate
Nov 01, 2012

Can anyone tell me if they know what a flat page rate is? I have no idea if it means a full page, or any kind of a partial page. I am an IC and I have always been paid by the line. I have come across this and just need to know before I apply. ...

Under Neurological: Patellars Were Flat (should It Be Patellas??) Not Sure
Oct 28, 2009

NM ...

Ortho - Flat Feet - Alterdix?
Jul 15, 2010

I'm doing an ortho consult and the patient has a history of long-standing flat feet and he uses (Alterdix?) for that.  I'm thinking it has to be some kind of shoe or device.  Not a medication because he says he is not taking any medication.    Also, just a side note - should it be a "long-standing history of flat feet" or is it correct the way it is "history of long-standing flat feet".   Thanks, ...

Flat 4 Cents A Line Starting Feb 1???
Jan 15, 2011

Noticed in the MQ MT "rewards" plan  (wow I can't even type that w/o laughing), that as of Feb 1 the pay will be a flat 4 cents per line for ASR.  It does say this applies to new hires only; however, it says if hired prior to Feb 1 the editing  rate will be "equal to the greater of 60% of the transcription base rate."    What does "equal to or greater of 60%" mean exactly?  Does that just mean 60% of your regular straight transcription rate like it is now?&nbs ...