A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I absolutely hate the new group I was recently transferred to. - seething

Posted: Dec 30, 2013

I was transferred only about about a month ago (stolen according to my last TSM). This is a new account. Every single week it is something. I was moved to this group " because I had no production problems and no quality problems" according to my previous TSM. Thus far, I have failed 1 audit by 0.15 points, followed by passing an audit, and I have had, according to the email subject, targeted audits 3 out of 4 weeks. I got an email stating I had failed my targeted audit (1 error - date), and I will now have 5 targeted audits by the QAM personally. Gee, am I supposed to feel scared that the QAM herself will do the audits!!!!!! ( this is a rhetorical statement). I can't wait until I finish school and am out of here!

Did you happen to be transferred - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
to an account in ND, also OHSU? QAM with the initials CD?

No, a different group. - seething

[ In Reply To ..]
North.

i was changed also, but what is the deal with changing - accounts now?

[ In Reply To ..]
?
Me too congratulations - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
now you have even more accounts to do..I gotta start job hunting..Things are going to change in 2014
yeah... im not gonna last with the 6 new and 6 old - not to mention
[ In Reply To ..]
That half of those have multiple different facilities within the main name and they all want something different! How the heck can I juggle any more of this mess? And 3 whole flippin days notice? What is with that?
my opinion - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Its going to be a disaster for us. Quality is going to suffer and our productivity (paycheck) is going to suffer I think I know why they are doing it, to ensure nothing falls out of TAT, but it is going to be a mess I fear.
They just assigned me - but
[ In Reply To ..]
I have been getting the work for about a week, was wondering what the heck was going on..You would think, and this is just me, that they would group similar accounts together so it is easier. Oh wait that just makes too much freaking sense, Im job hunting. Burger flippers are getting minimum wage raised to 15 an hour, time to go to McDs.
What gets me is... - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
We've had how many conference calls trying to get everyone trained on these picky clients' preferences?? And now they're going to let random MTs work on these accounts who have no idea. I'm sure the clients are going to love this. I'm barely making quota as it is, so with all these new accounts, I guess I can kiss that goodbye. Happy New Year to us.
New accounts - new group. - seething
[ In Reply To ..]
Plenty of work at this time. I actually am getting less different accounts - only 3 usually. We will see if and when it goes to the ILPs. :-P

on same account as you - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
I'm on same account as you. Check your email, we're going to be part of a pilot program come 01/02/2014. We're getting lots of new accounts. I too am looking for a new job in 2014. May all of us be able to leave this place in the new year!

And from what I understand, this particular account we are presently exclusively on was with ILPs but brought back about a year ago.
I've see the crap in docqscribe - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
While trying to figure out what my "new dictators" are saying I go in and look,,,wrong medications (yea they sound similar but have no use for the medical conditions the patients have), wrong equipment used, and general GARBAGE. Not sure who is doing it, but I get gigged for not changing a work type? Which is something they actually can catch at the facility and their stupid doctor entered...Im looking for a job, Im sick of being treated like an idiot.
new accounts - Mykkie
[ In Reply To ..]
I NEVER get only 3 accounts. I get at least 12-15 in a 2 week period and was told because of turnaround time(s), I have to be switched to so many accounts. I cannot understand why some have few accounts and others have to be loaded with a multitude of accounts and then still be expected to keep high line counts!!
My opinion - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
Very simple. Switch accounts, immediate audit which you cannot pass, put you on 100% QA and lower your rate by 3 col. The more MTs they do this to, the more money they save.
They think they get garbage before. try lowering my pay - not gonna be happy.
[ In Reply To ..]
this is not the case this time, it is, at least, my entire region this time. It is a pilot program that will fail miserably.
It's why I finally retired - old and burned out
[ In Reply To ..]
Wanted to put me on 100% QA after over 40 years which would mean 3 cpl less, telling me "It's not permanent." They just keep expecting MTs with 20, 30, 40 years experience to work for minimum wage and not in an unskilled job. It continues to be unbelievable not matter how many times I hear it.

I was temporarily "loaned" to help out some other accounts - The Typing Dead

[ In Reply To ..]
and they were SO MUCH EASIER than what I was used to doing (a tertiary care research hospital) that I actually hated going back to the facility I have been working on since 1999.

Similar Messages:

Anyone Sort Of Recently Been Transferred To An Account
Jan 17, 2015

I've got some survival tips for you. Same for folks recently moved to a smallish surburban hospital near largish city in WA?  Supe LG, one of three supes listed on new POC for AB COM. Got a whole list of tips for survival on that one too.  I will post these again if anyone here is interested.    ...

Anyone Else Get Transferred?
May 10, 2013

From W to N? ...

Being Transferred To Another Account And CCM
Dec 03, 2009

Ouir BOB lost another large account and now there are too many MTs.  So, about 8-12 are being moved.  The account that I transcribe is going to be almost 100% ASR, and the account is being transferred to the Canadian MTs.  Apparently the poor Canadians don't have enough work.  They do, however, get free health insurance.  Now we not only have to worry about the Indians, but the Canadians too.  I can guarantee they are being paid less.  ...

Transferred To Different Region
May 15, 2014

About 3 weeks ago I was transferred to a different region.  Been with MM 9 years, with many different supervisors and BOBs, but always the same region.  Was called by supervisor and told work load was low in her BOB and was "only going to get worse."  ILPs taking over, probably I assume.  She wanted to transfer me to make sure I had "plenty of work and stayed with MM."  Not sure what that meant.  I had never experienced NJA in that particular BOB.  The accounts ...

Has Anybody Successfully Transferred To Another POD?
Jan 09, 2015

I'm getting pretty sick of the condescending questions asked ("why didn't you do this" or "why did you do that") by my PC, who I was moved to during the POD initiation and would much rather go back to my old PC, who was awesome, even if I have to leave the accounts I have been typing on for years.  This PC just makes me feel like an idiot. ...

Just Transferred To A New Account Without Warning.
Aug 22, 2012

My question is since I am starting a new account that I am not familar with will I get in trouble for getting MUP - make up pay. I never had make up pay before. To tell you the truth though I wish I would have been laid off instead. Anyways, TIA. ...

The PLUS With AHIMA Is That You Can Get Credits Transferred To Your College
May 16, 2010

I think its like 15 dollars a credit but some of the AHIMA classes you can obtain credit for through your college and they will accept them.  I think its about 40 credits too. ...

For MDA Editors Who Transferred To Service That Got Account...
Mar 21, 2015

I find it interesting that the specs have changed.  I'm happy to see these changes...      Doctors names in report verbatim.      Headers abbreviated verbatim.  (LABS, MEDS, HISTORY, HPI, etc).      Copy-Paste requests verbatim.      Skip silence (for dictators who have never heard of the pause command.  Will dictators finally get the message that mumbled abbreviations with B, C, D, E, P, T, ...

Absolutely No Idea...HELP!
Oct 19, 2009

He had an abdominal ultrasound, which showed reverse lerndalytes and left guaddle veins. ...

HELP! I Have Absolutely No Clue What This Could Be.
Nov 12, 2009

This is a cardiologist dictating a med list.  He spells it out as OTROCEFF.  I tried changing the ceff to ceph tihnking the pt just sounded it out but no go.  Any ideas at all? I am completely stumped here.   ...

I AM ABSOLUTELY FLABBERGASTED.
Feb 18, 2010

Just had a doctor dictate that he told a young woman not to tell her sexual partners that she is HIV positive unless somebody wants to seriously marry her.  He told her just to ask them to wear a condom.  If they wanted to know why a condom, he told her to tell them it was a good idea for everybody to use them with all the diseases that are out there now.  Maybe I'm wayyyyy tooooo old, but I couldn't believe that a doctor was giving a young woman this advice.  ...

If You Absolutely Had To Choose ..help! ..sm
Jul 18, 2012

I've been looking for weeks.  The hospital I've been IC with for years is getting rid of all ICs - going totally VR and keeping only their existing employees.  I've tried to be very selective, looking for that great little company somewhere that would treat me with a little respect and value my years of experience.  Well, now I'm to the point that I need to start bringing in a paycheck ASAP.  I've been offered both M-Modal and Nuance - which were my v ...

Is TransTech Absolutely
Jan 25, 2013

I see they are advertising again.  I told them I'd take their test if they would tell me their line rate which they were nice enough to do (the lousy industry "standard"  8/4).  Worse than what I make now, so I had to pass, as I am trying to escape this crap job altogether.  Can anyone give me a  reason why I might try to get on with them if I were to change my mind? Thanks.      ...

I Absolutely Refuse
May 09, 2015

I absolutely Refuse to do any more VR for less than what straight typing pays. Find another Sucker to fix your jacked up reports. This is not worth my time, I am an Educated Professional.  Do not take advantage of me, I will Not sell myself short! Note to transcription companies:  Speech recognition is Not ready for medical or legal reports. It is more suited for personal or small business use at this point. Continue to push this VR crap and you will lose the good scribes.  Wha ...

Some Employers Are Absolutely Hateful!
Dec 22, 2011

It was not bad enough for them to let me go without any kind of notice, but now they will not tell DHS how long I worked for them so I can get food stamps!!  Thanks DSG!!! ...

Absolutely Ridiculous!! I Just Got Chewed Out By QA
May 07, 2012

for putting potassium was 216.  She said patient safety is an issue here.  I said ok.  I mean with the crap pay I get, they cannot expect me to memorize normal values in anything!!  That is what QA is for, for one thing.  For another, if that is what the dr said or even what it sounded like, that is on HIS shoulders!!  What a crappy job to have!! ...

Okay, Now I Am 6 Hours Into My Shift With Absolutely Nothing (sm)
Jan 30, 2013

and now I'm wondering if they threw me a bone yesterday just to leave me to starve today.  I have been checking every 10 to 15 minutes in between doing things around the house.  Thanks MM, since I had no work, I did get a chance to have lunch with my son who only had a half day of school today!  ...

Absolutely No Motivation For This Job Anymore.
Mar 20, 2015

After 21 years of doing transcription, yes starting with a typewriter, I have no will left to do this job. After searching other companies, it seems the industry is in the toilet. We are at the mercy of companies like Nuance because in-house transcription is a thing of the past. I woke up this morning and realized in the last 16 years I have come full circle, 7 cpl when starting at home, and now most likely back to 7 cpl with this new grid. I don't even see the point in arguing over the QC% ...

So Torn That I'm Absolutely A Wreck! Need Advice Please.
May 19, 2012

I've been reading these boards for years, and have never posted. But I'm desperate for some advice. I have worked for years at a very small company as an IC and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, life events threw me a curve and I was forced to find an employee-status job. I thought I landed THE best opportunity. I have been with Accentus for a few months and absolutely hate it. I WANT soooooooo badly to like it and make it work, as I do believe it is one of the better companies out ...

I Leave MModal With Absolutely No Regrets!
Apr 05, 2013

I didn't get let go, fired, or whatever they spin it to be.  On Monday, I got a phone call from a place I was trying to get hired on with.  They had an opening, asked me if I was interested in doing transcribing.  I told them, not really.  But, after she told me that they have brought all transcription back in house, I had to come to the interview, if not for any other reason than that, curiousity.  It seems they tried "everyone" out there in terms of tran ...

Absolutely These Posts Are Monitored, But Who Cares?
Jun 02, 2013

"They" would be foolish not to read these posts.  What a great way to see what their employees are truly feeling...not that that changes anything or that they care.  As to the people who always jump on the people who "complain" (I call it venting), they are just arrogant, aggressive types who love to argue.  The one way below who was outraged that someone can't believe someone would be happy with their job, to her I say, good for you.  You're happy?  Well, you ...

DH And I Are Buying A New Computer. He Absolutely Wants Windows 7. I'm Job Hunting.
Dec 16, 2009

nm ...

Started New VR Job Today On Escription & ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT
Nov 15, 2010

I am so excited!  I started a new job today and I absolutely love my account and editing VR on this platform.  I made pretty good lines in just a couple hours using none of the VR key combinations because I haven't started utilizing them yet (figure it will take time to learn them) but I don't think avg. 300 lph is too bad on first day huh?  I was worried and now I can't imagine going back to transcribing, seriously.  I hope tomorrow and each day after is as go ...

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE
Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  H ...

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

Social Security. HaHa! Tried To Apply-absolutely Frustrated
Dec 03, 2009

First, they took almost $300 off me back in the '90s because I didn't pay for a year.Does wages of $37 and payment of $2 to SS count? The following year, it shows no income. Okay, maybe I didn't work that year but I still had 40 credits then. Now, I tried to apply and they want my W2 for 2008 according to the online applications. SS called me today. They show no wages for me in 2005. Send a W2, but they do have 2008 and  i don't have to send that. They show les ...

He Has Marked Tightness Of His Lumbar Area On Forward Flexion. He Remains Absolutely Flat.
Mar 02, 2012

not sure if its all correct in this format or if there should be a period after the word area and then "on forward flexion he remains absolutely flat." Tia. ...

My Group
Jan 29, 2015

I guess I'm the only one working in my group.  My volumes keep going up instead of down.  I'm only 1 person! Get with it folks! ...

Hey - If You Are In BR's Group
May 14, 2015

You can swap out your Memorial Day scheduled hours for Sunday, Thursday or Friday. Just a head's up!! ...

Group B Strep Or Group B Strep?
Jan 08, 2010

which is correct- group B strep or Group B Strep? thanks ...