A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

A load off literally - MT

Posted: Jul 17, 2013

Finally quit. Except for leaving MM I have never felt such a load taken off my shoulders. I am going to a hospital system where historically they do not treat people like robots, or slaves. I was going to try to hang on here, by hermiting (do my job and not look at e mails, etc) but decided to try to get out and with a lot of job hunting it worked. I still cannot believe how much pressure has lifted. Oddly I no longer feel depressed. I guess now I know what was causing my sadness... I am not saying it is going to be perfect, but this constant whipping and fear or allowing it all was taking the toll. Hope that whomever wants to leave this situation here works to get out. I literally have a load lifted off me this day. I did not want to die at 52. Thanks for listening.

I quit 3 weeks ago. - Luccalla

[ In Reply To ..]
As soon as I gave notice, a huge weight was lifted. So sad too because I really loved my job. I had a great account and great TSM but for the very reasons you mentioned, I just could not take it any longer. Best of luck to you.

Know how you feel - mt42long

[ In Reply To ..]
I know exactly how you feel. Just gave my letter of resignation. I am tired of being in a revolving door with paddles swinging down from every side - saying "you have to increase your LPH, you have to decrease your errors, you have an error reduction because you did not place a comma (seriously -?). Like you I thought I would hang in there and try to be a hermit, just ignoring all the swinging bats, but you cannot do a good job for anyone and especially for your own satisfaction when you are constantly under such fear and pressure. Best of luck on your new adventure - it really cannot be any worse can it?

P on the fire, call in the dogs, I'm done too - Sick of It

[ In Reply To ..]
This job is awful. Seriously. Even the slaves of 1850 had a better working environment - afterall, for working those folks had food, shelter and clothing. I dare say it's dang tough to get any of those two working for this company.

OMG, I've had enough already! To make this VR mess to work one would have to reinvent the wheel.

Having an ESL dictate to generate a voice recognition report expecting that to generate a written document woud be like shoving spaghetti into your fax machine expecting it to print out a recipe.

Similar Messages:

I Am Literally Amazed That On One Screen
Jun 08, 2012

there is a whole long thread about people with NJA and no PTO time left because of it, people complaining about mandatory OT, AND comments about ads to hire more new MT's.  This company is truly weird. ...

Literally Physically Sick Of This
Jul 30, 2013

These are the last 3 days of my notice. I thought I would be elated. Instead, I had a really really bad day (again). I have always done well, been in the business forever. I learned to hang on here a year, rarely if ever paid mind to the nasty e mails because I kept my nose to the grindstone. I managed to get bonus almost every payperiod the last several months, and last time got the big bonus.   All of a sudden out of nowhere about 3 weeks ago I suddenly sucked so bad as an MT it seems I ...

Literally Instructed To Clock Into DocQScribe
Mar 25, 2011

Schedule Source.  That 4-5 seconds is really that important?  ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

Literally Was Falling Asleep While Typing Just Now...
Dec 20, 2011

Was just falling asleep while transcribing a report.  I kept nodding off.  I had to rewind quite a few times to see what I may have missed.  I usually don't have this problem, but I went to bed really late and had to get up earlier than usual so didn't get the sleep I normally do.  What is a good wake up remedy?  ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

This Place Makes Me Literally Ill. No Joke
Oct 02, 2012

I don't think I am going back to working here. My son thinks it isn't right for me to leave b/c of a bad boss who micromanages everyone until they cannot breathe.  I have another source for money and for the little I make here it isn't worth the effort anymore. Just writing to warn others about the micromanaging done here.  The pay is so little, it isn't worth it. Thanks for listening. I know this is a negative move on my behalf regarding money but you cannot take m ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

Is It Me? DEP DOWN. I Can't Get A Job To Load
Feb 23, 2010

at all.  Every time I log in it takes forever and nothing happens.  So frustrating!  This is my shift!  I keep checking the stop light and it says GREEN everything is working! Not my night. ...

This Is A Load Of You Know What...
Jan 29, 2013

They are just not delegating the work adequately.  This is my biggest pet peeve of all time. There will be several thousand jobs in my region and my accounts run out...and then I sit...and wait...and nothing.  They say change your hours, well guess what? I already work mostly 2nd shift. "Make up time on Saturday." There is no work, apparently, on Saturday anymore either! In looking at the numbers, certain hospitals seem to never run out, while others are just bone dry.  Overstaffe ...

Work Load
Jan 20, 2010

Is there any way to know how much work is available??  Just wondering because randomly yesterday my account ran out of work which is actually quite unusual for me.  So I was just wondering if there was any way to see how much work was available in a certain account??  Thanks for any help! ...

Anyone Know Where To Load McAfee
Feb 14, 2010

Have a laptop I want to load McAfee on.  We used to have a download available on Qnet, but Qnet is no longer there on the old Medquist web site.  Anyone know where it might be now? ...

My Job Will Not Load. What A Way To Start The Day
Aug 23, 2010

x ...

Cannot Get DocQScribe To Load
Nov 09, 2010

I tried to get DocQScribe to load from the DocQManage page for over an hour and finally had to send in a ticket.  Is anyone else having this kind of trouble with the system.  It showed a green light on DEP.  This is getting rediculous.  I could not work my scheduled shift on Sunday because there were no jobs available (but incentive stayed in place).  Now I cannot work my scheduled shift because of something else.  I don't know about anyone else, but with a fam ...

How Is The Work Load At TTS?
Dec 03, 2010

Just wondering if you run out of work a lot?  Looking to work the early afternoon/early evening shift and I want to work and not just sit there! ...

My GOD, Get A Load Of This Crock!
Jul 04, 2013

The suits are getting creative in countering our truth-telling, that's for sure!  ...

Cant Even Get Remedy To Load
Nov 11, 2013

Critical Work Load
Jan 28, 2010

We have been getting notes saying we have "critical backlog", when we usually get NJA.  I'm wondering if we can start sending notes saying "critical pay check deficiency" when we get NJA.  Since we are kept informed, maybe we should keep them informed also. ...

Another Acusis Meeting. Another Load Of B.S.
Mar 31, 2010

Always the same old song and dance.  The subject of MTs needing more pay per line comes up, and what does the speaker do?  Redirect the focus on all the added "upgrades" to their software they plan to buy (probably for hundreds of thousands of dollars) to "help us be more productive".   Got news for them.  You can only go SO fast.  There IS a limit.  And after all the emphasis on accountability and accuracy, do they not see that speed just increases errors ...

Hey 3rd Shifters Out There, How Is Your Work Load? Sm
Jul 22, 2010

Am I the only one who runs out of work?  I find it very hard at night to keep going with the dreaded no work available.  At least during the day, you can clean house, email, pick up the telephone, etc.  During the night, you are limited to surfing and staring!  Then I am too sleep deprived to pull extra hours to make up for missed line counts.  I am doing third shift for the extra incentitive but it doesn't work in my favor if I run out of work! Any ideas?  Cur ...

E Mail (intranet) Does Not Load... Anyone Else?
Jun 19, 2012

I had Sunday and Monday off, as usual.  Late  yesterday I tried logging into e mail to see if I missed anything, could not. This morning, in anticipation of my shift at 2:00 I tried to log in to e mail, intranet would not load.  Is it just me? What do we do if e mail is down? I hope the clock is working, anybody who can please catch me up to speed... Thanks.  ...

Are We Going Down, Can't Load ADT Or Physician Info
Nov 10, 2013

x ...

How Long Does It Take To Load Software?
Jan 22, 2014

seems a bit excessive 1+ hours to load updated cornerstone? ...

FIND AND LOAD SPARK
Oct 27, 2014

Hi all...I had to reformat and have found Enrich and the Webclock, but not the Nuance e-mail and SPARK programs. Not very good with computer stuff. Anyone have the actual addresses of these? Thanks ahead. I should have written them down before reformatting. ...

Do Some Of Your Reports Seem To Load Slowly Every Now And Then. It
Mar 20, 2015

seems to have been doing this lately.  They do load but sometimes they seem to hang up. ...

Work Load For IMedX?
Apr 23, 2015

Anyone know what happened to the work load for IMedX? Should I be looking for another position? ...

Anybody Getting 1s Jobs And Then It Says Audio Failed To Load
Feb 16, 2012

Happened in the past, pops up says audion unable to load you cant transcribe this job and then bypass to another job?  Second time in a row now. ...

Jobs Taking Forever To Load?
Feb 11, 2013

x ...

Hepatitis C Viral Load 6 X 10 To The 6th Copies?
Jun 04, 2013

Is that correct?  He says Hepatitis C.  Most recent viral load was 6 x 10 to the 6th copies. ...