A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I am literally amazed that on one screen - anon

Posted: Jun 08, 2012

there is a whole long thread about people with NJA and no PTO time left because of it, people complaining about mandatory OT, AND comments about ads to hire more new MT's. 

This company is truly weird.

welcome to our world - weird

[ In Reply To ..]
NJA again for me today. Another day, another dollar... LITERALLY! To hear that people are on mandatory OT really pisses me off! I am not going to have money for food this week, that is for sure. My check for this pay period will be approximately $400 for two weeks, supposed to be full time hours! Think the suits could live on this?

Wish they would try living on our pay. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Not weird -despicable -NM - old and burned out

[ In Reply To ..]
):

They seem fixated on TAT and are hiring less - experienced MTs to keep it up.

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

I Am Truly Amazed
Sep 10, 2013

Truly.  When I saw that I was sure that by the time I finished reading it I would have learned of a pay cut.  Wonder what kept them from doing that.  They snipped away at everything else. ...

Amazed
Jan 12, 2015

After being beat down at MModal and finally blowing my stack and quitting, here I sit feeling exactly the same way with Nuance. Since the new pay plan started, I have managed to get a major error (3-pointer) on 1 report (and only 1 report) every week after having exactly 1 major error for the ENTIRE year I have worked here before that. It's amazing how bad I am at this job after 10+ years of working at it, priding myself on my line counts and accuracy. This company can kiss my you know what ...

U-tox Screen Or Utox Screen?
Feb 02, 2011

which urinary toxicology abreviation is used? ...

A Load Off Literally
Jul 17, 2013

Finally quit. Except for leaving MM I have never felt such a load taken off my shoulders. I am going to a hospital system where historically they do not treat people like robots, or slaves. I was going to try to hang on here, by hermiting (do my job and not look at e mails, etc) but decided to try to get out and with a lot of job hunting it worked. I still cannot believe how much pressure has lifted. Oddly I no longer feel depressed. I guess now I know what was causing my sadness... I am not say ...

Literally Physically Sick Of This
Jul 30, 2013

These are the last 3 days of my notice. I thought I would be elated. Instead, I had a really really bad day (again). I have always done well, been in the business forever. I learned to hang on here a year, rarely if ever paid mind to the nasty e mails because I kept my nose to the grindstone. I managed to get bonus almost every payperiod the last several months, and last time got the big bonus.   All of a sudden out of nowhere about 3 weeks ago I suddenly sucked so bad as an MT it seems I ...

Literally Instructed To Clock Into DocQScribe
Mar 25, 2011

Schedule Source.  That 4-5 seconds is really that important?  ...

I Am Literally Going BROKE Working For This Company
Dec 05, 2011

My region has just brought on a few new accounts which would be considered a good thing for most but here is my problem.  I'm an MME so these new accounts are all 100% QA which means I've only made $0.03 cpl for days now.  To make it a thousand times worse, it seems as if every doctor on one of our new accounts has a different set of samples and formatting to follow so when I'm not earning $0.03 cpl QA'ing other people's work I've got at least a dozen samples open ...

Literally Was Falling Asleep While Typing Just Now...
Dec 20, 2011

Was just falling asleep while transcribing a report.  I kept nodding off.  I had to rewind quite a few times to see what I may have missed.  I usually don't have this problem, but I went to bed really late and had to get up earlier than usual so didn't get the sleep I normally do.  What is a good wake up remedy?  ...

Well, I Knew It Would Happen...This Job Is Literally A Pain...
Apr 19, 2012

I have noticed that my right index finger is a little bigger than the left, feeling a little tender, not real painful yet.  I measured them and sure enough it IS bigger.  Great, does this mean I'm getting arthritis or something?  In my late 40s--am I old enough for this?  Probably.   I just hope this doesn't get any worse.  I'll be in big trouble.   I had to drop my medical insurance.  And if I can't work, I don't know w ...

This Place Makes Me Literally Ill. No Joke
Oct 02, 2012

I don't think I am going back to working here. My son thinks it isn't right for me to leave b/c of a bad boss who micromanages everyone until they cannot breathe.  I have another source for money and for the little I make here it isn't worth the effort anymore. Just writing to warn others about the micromanaging done here.  The pay is so little, it isn't worth it. Thanks for listening. I know this is a negative move on my behalf regarding money but you cannot take m ...

Shaw's E Mails Literally Crack Me Up!
Jul 23, 2013

These stupid tips he gives in his e mails. Has he ever transcribed a day in his life?? My guess..no! ...

Frustration And Anger Over This Job Might Literally Be Killing Me.
Apr 02, 2015

I once took great pride in the practice of medical transcription.  Funny that we didn't call ourselves "editors" then, because the fact is that we really were editors in much more of the true sense of that word than we are now.  A true editor can take garbage, stomp it, filter it, ferment it, age it, and ultimately bring forth a bottle of delicious wine from it. This, we did also.  From garbage dictations, we used superior language skills, a knowledge of many subjects, skill ...

Still Amazed By The "fast Readers Of ASR"
Jul 03, 2010

Not only does my ASR type gibberish a great deal of the time, it also types the wrong word a lot.  Just now the doctor said "his procedure was postponed" and ASR put "the procedure was postponed."  It also leaves out a ton of stuff such as "there was" and "in the;"  just totally puts nothing and goes onto the next word.  If I am not going relatively slow and really concentrating on the context of the report, I would miss some of these things that are not blatantly just misspe ...

"ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER DOLLAR" ... TRUE (literally) IN THIS JOB
Jan 24, 2014

........................................ ...

My Screen Just Went To NJA...nm
May 21, 2010

x ...

Why Is My Screen Moving??
Feb 02, 2010

kind of like someone is squishing the sides of my screen, or tilting the side back and forth...thanks for any help.  its bugging the peawadding outta me. ...

Cardiac Screen
Feb 04, 2010

s/l Agasen-130 method ...

I Don't Get The Upload Screen That Allows Me
Mar 05, 2010

to choose whether or not I send the report to QA.  I still get the old screen with QA checked because I left a marker, and I can't uncheck the box that sends it to QA.  Anybody getting the new screen that has you choose? ...

S/l Tethan Screen
Jun 27, 2010

(s/l tethan or dethan) screen is O positive. ...

Drug Screen
Sep 02, 2010

This is the second time doc has dictated s/l blue 13 drug screen.  I've searched every way I know how and cannot find this.  Does anyone know if there is a Blue-Thirteen, Blue-13, or just something that s/l it? Thanks. ...

How Do You Get The Autocorrect Screen To Come Up
Sep 07, 2010

How do you get the autocorrect screen to come up - what are the short cut controls to add new autocorrects in MS Word 2003.  Thanks.  ...

Uhhhh...has Anyone Been In The ADT Screen
Sep 08, 2010

stating "Unable to contact database"? I did the ADT search and then tried to hit accept to accept the patient and this popup keeps coming up. What the H*** am I supposed to do about this?? ...

Tox Screen Word
Jan 06, 2011

I am having a tough time with something like "kiniprinoid" just can't understand dictator.  Any ideas? it is under tox screen, but I just can't find. thank you, sammye ...

Help With Seeing The Screen On Monitor!!!
Aug 01, 2011

Hello all:  Hope someone might be able to help me or steer me in the right direction. I just started a new job that uses Fusion RIS 5.0. When I open the program the left side of the screen has a RIS editor and the right side has all the patient demographics.  I have to type in Arial 11 in the editor after I call up a template shell.  After typing for several hours, my eyes get really strained.  Is there a way I could make that part of my screen larger without affecting t ...

Screen Shots
May 12, 2012

To take a screen shot: Press CTRL + Screen Shot, go to Microsoft Paint and press CTRL+V, paste it in.  Then save it as a .jpg file. ...

Is There Any Way To Enlarge That @#!%@ ADT Screen?
Jun 23, 2012

Please help before I go completely bilnd - I got special "computer glasses" and even that didn't help much.  Thanks. ...

To Dnr On Screen Brightness
Oct 21, 2012

I hated that bright white screen too so I found a tech that helped me. I adjusted the contrast to 5.8 and brightness to about 5.8.  It tones it alll down quite a bit.  You first click the minus button, then the first button or the button to the left of the minus button on the monitor to increase or decrease.  It kind of mellows down that bright white screen to a very light grey. Hope this helps you. ...

What Does The DQS Sign In Screen Look Like On 7. I Am Still On 6.1. Nm
Apr 05, 2014

nm ...

Strep Screen
Apr 28, 2015

Is strep screen capitalized? Thanks. ...

Anyone Use A Magnefying Program Or Screen
Jan 06, 2010

Would sure like to know how it works out, where it came from, if you like, if it is a program or an actual device.  Any info mucho appreciated.    Bless you   Bun ...