A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I HATE MY JOB, I HATE THIS LIFE - mt

Posted: Jul 09, 2011

I HATE that I am tied to my office just waiting for work to come in on two different companies.  I HATE that I just quit a third company because of LACK OF COMMUNICATION (gave my notice to Keystrokes, no response from ANYONE).  What is wrong with these people?  They demand certain things of us but we have no rights?  I HATE HATE HATE it and as soon as I possibly can find another job, I will LEAVE MT WORLD FOREVER.  I HATE THAT I HAVE NO LIFE WITH THIS PROFESSION.  How did it all go so wrong?????  Ugh.  Just venting people.

Who do you work for? I feel that same way. sm - curiousMT

[ In Reply To ..]
You said that you have 2 jobs and just quit your 3rd, Keystrokes. Who are the other 2? I currently work for Webmedx/Nuance and a small company and I hate what I do now. I hate sitting down to work, or to no work, and I hate feeling this way.

I feel trapped though as I need to work from home.

Looking for better. I have been considering Keystrokes, but your post scares me.

My post should scare you about KS - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
Everything everyone says about them is true. Like I said, I still have not received a response to my resignation and that was on Tuesday. It's just crazy. I work for Futurenet and another very small MTSO. I get up at 5 a.m. to check for work. I am in and out of my office all day long up to 10 o'clock at night to check for more work and type it if is there. Just to try to make a decent wage. I am not even making what I consider to be a full-time wage!!!!

Never heard from KS again. - yep

[ In Reply To ..]
When I resigned a year ago, I never heard from anyone, so do not expect a response. Unless there is an issue to be worked out, just quietly complete your time with KS and move on. Good luck to you.

what a life - or lack thereof

[ In Reply To ..]
Not only do we have to forgo any resemblence of a normal life due to having to work 12 hours a day constantly checking for work, we make minimum wage or less doing it, leading to constant fear of losing our homes, and never knowing if our job will be there tomorrow, unless we work for one of the mega-companies.
Which mega company is safe? MQ? Nuance? KS? TS? Focus? - tired of the rat race
[ In Reply To ..]
Every time I think a company is "safe" they are bought up. Who's next? Will MQ buy Transcend or Keystrokes or Focus? or will Nuance? It's scary now. I DON'T want to work for Nuance or MQ. The last 5, yes 5, companies that I have worked for have been bought out by someone.
The mega companies are behind most of our - problems. Ruthless, greedy, & lacking moral values
[ In Reply To ..]
Focus/Nuance - Grateful
[ In Reply To ..]
Focus and Nuance are the same company, and I have to say, they have always, always been more than fair with me. Any problems I've had have been my own and really nothing to do with the company. I think it takes a special breed of person to work at home successfully. Not sure that is me, but I'm trying, and I don't think blaming others is helpful.
Grateful...blaming others? Truth is what it is. - anon
[ In Reply To ..]
Food for thought, Grateful. If you think it cannot happen to you...stick around.
safe companies - my 2 cents worth
[ In Reply To ..]
TS. nm.
Ain't no such animal. Not in MT. - Disillusioned
[ In Reply To ..]
no msg

FutureNet - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work for FutureNet also and have no work. Could you please Email me? Thanks.

our "profession" - me too

[ In Reply To ..]
I know, I know. So many of us have college degrees, medical backgrounds, have spent years learning a profession that so many could not do, and we are treated like foreign piece workers. There is something almost evil going on in the MTSO upper echelons. Which illustrates my above point, how many people can even spell that word, much less know what it means?

Keystrokes: Exact same experience. I am starting to think it is a phantom company, judging by the posts on here.

I have had a very positive experience with Keystrokes. sm - not a phantom company

[ In Reply To ..]
I don't understand why you would expect a response if you resign. Do you want them to beg? They don't have to. There are a lot of us who are happy there and many others who start all the time. Before you start to bash me or call me a suit, I am neither. I have been with them several years and have recommended them to dozens of people who also like working for them. My take on KS and every other company is that each person has a different experience and some companies work for some people but not for others.

I think that I speak for the other 500+ people that work for Keystrokes when I say that I would rather work for a company that has a lot of work, pays decent (9 cpl) and won't send work offshore than sit and wait for work for a company that has a higher line rate but no work or that sends work to India or the Phillipines. Of course there are some who are not happy or who have not had the same experience as I have, but I would think that the numbers show that they are the minority.

That's rather rude. I don't want them to beg. Just an acknowledgment would be appropriat - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm
My post was not meant to sound rude, so I apologize for that. sm - Long-time KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
I just meant that if I resigned from a company, I would not expect a response. If I was the company, I would assume the person wanted nothing to do with the company and would not think that there would be a reason to respond. That's why I don't own a company; I don't want to have to think of so many details. I just want to transcribe and get paid.
Usually there are some exit papers or something to finish off the deed . . . - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
I am very disappointed in KS. I had a friend start at the same time and she just LOOOOOOVES her mt lead. My was distant and not very helpful at all. I have 28 years experience, but even with that it's nice to have a little guidance when you start a new company. I was so hoping for a different outcome, but really had a very bad experience with the lack of communication. Just strange. I know they are big, but this is ridiculous. My friend had no problems whatsoever, loved her MT lead, she communicated well, etc. Just the opposite of me. I am glad you enjoy it. It's not for everyone.
Did you try switching to the account your friend is on? sm - Long-time KS MT
[ In Reply To ..]
If you friend is having a great experience, maybe you should try talking to her lead about the situation you are in. That might help, maybe she can talk to someone to get you with a better lead. I am sure that the lead is not telling anyone that she is the problem. If you want to email me, I could talk to my lead.
No, I did not. - mt
[ In Reply To ..]
My friend wanted me to, but I talked to them on my own about it. They wanted to put me on this account (I didn't care the account I was on, poor, poor quality), and so I took their word for it. I should have just listened to my friend, I know that now, but to tell you the truth, it was all so exhausting . . . I understand that emails get lost, but I contacted five different people regarding this. It wasn't just one person I was going through. I just got frustrated as how do that many people not answer an email? Seriously? Just got bad vibes. I don't expect them to jump and run, but when it went on for two weeks with nothing happening? Uh-uh. That's just not good to me.
You would think they want to improve what they are - doing wrong but that is not
[ In Reply To ..]
the case with Keystrokes.
KS '''Beg''? - Christine
[ In Reply To ..]
''What do you expect them to do--beg''---Seriously? Wouldn't a short reply be the professional thing to do? (Not to mention courteous?) Something simple, words to the effect: ''Thank you for letting us know.'' Or just: ''Good luck.''
So predictable, it is almost laughable---KS must have people monitoring this board nonstop. MTs post their experiences, and quick as a bunny, KS management jumps on with lame, transparent attempts to defend and contradict. There is something very wrong with a company that needs to do this.

No begging wanted. - Yep

[ In Reply To ..]
E-mails do get lost and I just wanted confirmation that my resignation was received, as I like to leave an employer on good terms (no burning bridges). Even the Evil MQ sent an e-mail acknowledging my resignation, and received a call from the CCM(?) wishing me luck.

LOL! Spoken like a true Suit! - Nancy Laputta

[ In Reply To ..]
Pay no attention to that MTSO behind the curtain!

Basic communication skills call for an acknowledgement of some kind. nm - MT

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

"ALMOST evil?" MTSO upper echelons are - EVIL PERSONIFIED. -sm-

[ In Reply To ..]
If you shaved their heads, I'm sure you would find little nubbins of horns growing there. (They probably grind them down so they won't show through their hair). And if you were a fly on the wall when one of them visits the restroom, when the pants came down, a long red tail would likely pop out, as well.

I am shocked and appalled by your post--and it's veracity! LOL. NM - Nancy Laputta

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

I hate my life, too. I used to be able to - sm - Meerkat

[ In Reply To ..]
go on a short vacation each year, ski a couple of times each winter, visit relatives, see a show, go shopping in malls, have my car washed, etc. My friends are always going to see shows and music concerts in the city, and always seem to be getting on a plane and flying off to somewhere exciting. I rarely even have time to watch TV, let alone afford to see a live show. They get to buy fancy things like iPods and Kindles, and I have to scrape together and save my pennies to buy a new, un-watered-down bottle of shampoo, which is now a luxury. (I add water to it to stretch it out, make it last longer). My sister tells me about the wonderful steak she cooked for dinner. I haven't eaten steak in over half a decade. Even the cheapest ground beef is a luxury for me. And now I have the feeling my company has found yet another way to cheat us on our line counts, because it seems like the harder I work, the lower my overall lines seem to be in relation to effort put forth.

Blood Transcription - Nancy Laputta

[ In Reply To ..]
Ever hear of 'Blood Diamonds'? Workers treated like slaves while producing a valuable product from which the corporation for which they work receives the valuable benefits and for which the workers receive poverty wages.

We boycott Blood Diamonds all over the world and demand only Fair Trade diamonds where the workers are paid properly and treated decently. Isn't it time for a boycott of Blood Transcription?

Keystrokes pays higher than most. - I make good money there.

[ In Reply To ..]
You just have to put the pedal to the metal.

Sure I believe you. LOL. NM - Nancy Laputta

[ In Reply To ..]
Nm

Agreed - Anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I work at a different but also much maligned company (but aren't they all on this board) and I can also make pretty decent money if I kick it in high gear. I have some truly hideous accounts that do slow me down from time to time, but overall I do okay.

It is pretty pathetic that when we come on and post a good experience or encouraging word, we get mocked by disgruntled and bitter people.
We also have overtime often enough to spice the check usually. - Thank you.
[ In Reply To ..]
Also our QA is understanding that we are paid by the line and they are paid by the hour, so they help us out. We just do the first draft on the difficult ones, and they take it from there.
BE HONEST NOW - OT PAY DENIED WHEN ASKED
[ In Reply To ..]
They wanted people to work but not pay the overtime.
Obvious Suit posts: Afraid KS MTs will wise up and LEAVE the sinking ship. NM - Nancy Laputta
[ In Reply To ..]
Nm
Yep! "Suit, suit, go away, we don't care - what you-all say."
[ In Reply To ..]
.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
They ask us to do overtime when we are out of TAT. - Not a suit.
[ In Reply To ..]
KS pays OT when they need us to work extra.
They were looking for weekend help and NOT - paying overtime - I did ask
[ In Reply To ..]
Why give up my weekend for peanuts.

I think you may have something there - a way - to get talk started about MT sweatshops. nm

[ In Reply To ..]

Amen! - ex-mt

[ In Reply To ..]
I agree with you 1000%!!! Just left Keystrokes, was EXTREMELY unhappy in that company!!!! I am also done with being an MT. Never, ever again. Dirty shame, as it provided me a good living while the "going was good", for 25 of my 31 years working. Good luck to you!

I gave a 2 week notice at KS and they called me on - me

[ In Reply To ..]
on day 14 to ask what they could do to keep me. This was a couple of years ago.

Did you stay or were you wise and leave them - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I hear ya girlfriend... - CouponLady

[ In Reply To ..]
Gosh I am sorry you feel this way but I am with you! I thought something was wrong with me after loving this profession so much when I started 17 years ago! You are not alone friend! Good luck with the job hunting! I am in the same boat and will let you know if I come across anything!

Thank you. I have been in it 28 years . . . nm - mt

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Mt-ing - Mttoo

[ In Reply To ..]
Keep me in mind if you hear of something. I gave a 2 week notice to MQ last July, never heard a word from them, and then received a termination notice in October. I love this work and am trying to get a job...(had to tend to an elderly family member for 6 months)... but am back and need to work. I'll put up with it all.. I can't buy a #%$^%# job!

...hate my job... - Kathy

[ In Reply To ..]
I know how you feel. The medical transcription field has changed so much in the past 10 years or so. During the time I worked from home I always had work, thing is I had to work at least 10 hours a day to make $60 to $70 a day. I took a position at our local sheriff's office transcribing deputies' narrative reports. I now work 6 hours a day and make more than I did in the 10 or more hours a day when I worked at home. It's too bad most in-office medical transcription jobs have all but disappeared.

hate it all - peach

[ In Reply To ..]
leave yesterday

Similar Messages:

End Of My Rope. Hate My Job, Hate What Has Become
Feb 18, 2014

of the medical field in general. What happened to all the American doctors? Has it become so blasted easy for foreigners to come over and get a job as a doctor or are Americans so damn-ass lazy that they don't want to get the education? Or is to so blasted expensive that no one can afford to become a doctor unless you are a foreign student? So freaking sick and tired of all these foreign dictators who speak so fast and sloppy. What the heck is going to become of our health care when we can& ...

I Sure Would Hate To Be A CTL Right Now
Mar 04, 2010

I sure would hate to be a CTL right now and be trying to sell this bag of doody.  They must absolutely need a job worse than ME!  ...

I Hate This Job I Hate This Job
Jul 02, 2010

MY VENT TODAY:  I hate QA, I hate my job.  My pay is HALF of what it was 15 years ago and I get picked and PICKED AND HOUNDED to death on meaningless garbage in a report.  Take away my benefits, make me a literal slave to a keyboard, pay me utter crap, treat me like less than a human, and DEMAND PERFECTION. What a stupid field I am in.   PS - If I wasn't too old, if the economy wasnt tanked, and if if if I would be out of this so-called profession. i would have left a ...

Why I Hate QA
Mar 29, 2010

I type a lot of crap, but just had the worst doc I think I ever had.  Had 11 QA markers so I sent it to QA thinking they might actually LIKE getting some work since they are about to be history.  Anyways, this bi*ch marked 2 CRITICAL ERRORS and did an audit on it (which was still 96.5% in spite of everything I am glad to say).  QA you wonder why we have such a bad attitude?  That was totally unnecessary.  ...

You May Hate VR, But
Jun 24, 2010

http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2010/20100622_mDollarAward.asp ...

Hate This Job
Jul 15, 2010

I spend a lot of time typing for a huge university hospital clinic with no ADT.  Have to type in all patient information.  Almost every report is a LETTER.  Referring physician has to be typed into the ADT.  Then the letter recipient information has to be typed in and lo and behold have to re-type it into the cc list for the doc to get a copy of the letter.  I wonder why I can't run a decent line count?  I spend 50% of my time typing in information that I am no ...

I Hate This Job!
Nov 14, 2011

x ...

Hate To Ask, But . . .
Dec 23, 2011

No Jobs Available what is the process?  (This is quicker than wading through the MQ Central site).  I don't usually have NJA (sorry) --- before you flame me I do type really yucky stuff mostly :)  Thanks.  I know to clock in for the 15 minutes, but last time I got reamed by CCM for not having some sort of "ticket number?"  Is it through the MQ Central site? ...

I Hate To Say It But Thank God For You All..
Feb 23, 2012

I mean really, I have been doing this for like 15 long ass years.. And NEVER have I felt so stupid in my life..I used to make almost 36 K a year, depending on how hard I wanted to work..I work my ass of for this company and, welll, I have yet to check my W2s cause it will make me sick..Im so SORRY your all in the same boat, but at least I am not as dumb as I was beginning to think.. ...

I Hate MT CO
Jun 18, 2012

Just love applying for jobs and having to take their stupid test just to get a reply of the position has been filled as of Friday and we will keep your resume and test on file.  Yeah right.  I never hear anything back from those Co. I tested for.  Does anyone?  What a waste of my time.  Wish they would just say up front we have 2 positions available and 500 people testing, so I would know up front that it is just a waste of my f****** time.   Starting ...

Don't Ya Hate This?
Aug 19, 2012

I sure wish Dr "UM," would go away arleady.  Geez, this one starts every sentence with, "Next, um . . . . (long pause) blah, blah um blah, um . . . .  This job is 24 minutes long packed with about 9,500 instances of using "um" no less than 4 times in every sentence. I have a hard time um you know, um believing um this is a doctor um.  What is that a neurological disorder or language tic of some kind that she has to do that repeatedly? Gads, um . . .  I wish she would ju ...

Hate DQS 7.1
Aug 22, 2012

My line count is in the toilet, it has slowed my computer down. The spell check is missing things like doubled words. The headers are ridiculous.  AND I use the mouse a lot more because half the time the arrow keys don't seem to work. This SUCKS ...

Don't You Just Hate It When
Oct 05, 2012

Don't you just hate it when you've got a dictation that is so fraught with static, and it sounds like the dictator is 100  miles away from the phone, but you actually can make out the words, just barely, and you'd love to leave all blanks because it's such a chore to hear any of it, but you can't, of course, because you can make it out?  Several of these in a row is enough to make me want to punch my computer!  (or eat lots of chocolate!) ...

Hate My Job
Jan 29, 2013

"Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group for that. It's called EVERYBODY and they meet at the bar." -George Carlin ...

I Hate My Job, I Hate ASR
Jan 30, 2013

x ...

I HATE My Job
Apr 21, 2013

I have been at Nuance 4 months and don't know how I am going to go through another week there. I do not know if it is just the account I am on or what but I keep getting assigned horrible ESL dictators. There r good dictators on this account also, but I cannot seem to get those very often. I am just about to throw in the towel... I just can't quit but I am actually afraid I am going to get fired because I cannot meet this stupid line count with these type of dictators and secondly I ...

I Hate This Job Now
Oct 17, 2013

I am to the point of "Ugh do I really have to work tonight".  They fail you on audits for the stupist of things, nothing below 97 for me, but there are so many CPs with different rules.  You are on one for 2-3 reports then all of a sudden a different one, they someone reserves some to you that you have never heard of, not even in our region, and you have to stop, read the CP and lose lines because you have to make sure once it is done, it is correct.   Then this sorry ASR mes ...

Don't You Just Hate It -
Oct 08, 2014

Don't you just hate it when you're typing along fluently, not missing a thing, feeling so very competent, then you start to think about what you're doing, and suddenly your fingers don't want to do anything you say?  Kind of the centipede who has no trouble walking until someone asks him how he does it - haha! ...

I Hate What This Job Has Become AND What It
Nov 05, 2014

I used to enjoy being in transcription.  It was a way I could not only support my family but also be at home for my children when I was needed.  Now, it has become nothing more than a humiliating and degrading situation, where I sit and wonder WHY am I still doing this.  I used to believe I was good at my job, and I was proud of my quality and my speed.  Lately, however, both have been questioned by Nuance to the point where I believe I am not nearly as fast nor as good as I ...

I Hate This Job
Dec 06, 2014

I've been an MT since 2000.  Each year I see my pay go down.  I've been with 2 big MT companies now and it seems like they are very similar in regard to the fact that they like to screw over their MTs.  This company does not care about its employees.  This career is becoming obsolete.  The computers they have in the exam rooms are pretty much doing our jobs and what is still transcribed is being mostly sent to India.  It is a shame really.  This is pr ...

I Hate This POD
Dec 23, 2014

Lowest. Paycheck. Ever. ...

I Just Hate These Reports
Nov 10, 2009

I'll leave out specifics  - just that patient had fetal intrauaterine demise and she had to delivery the baby vaginally.  I went thru 14 years of infertility without any results and I'd rather go thru that again than what this lady just went thru.  I feel so awful for her. ...

I HATE ASR! No Message.
Nov 19, 2009

No message ...

Shesh. I Hate It When The MME Does Not QA
Dec 22, 2009

according to the client profile. When I go through the documents in QA feedback, I always tell myself I'm not going to look unless it was a document I sent blanks in, but I just can't help myself, and then I get frustrated.  At least it wasn't me not following the client profile.  ...

I Hate When They Spell!
Feb 24, 2010

She had moderate malnutrition, which was treated with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy tube feeds.  However, the patient had a very large tracheostomy stoma and had s/l aerobhagy resulting in severe abdominal distention.  The "aerobhagy" is what she spells.  Any clue what she might be talking about?  ...

I Hate To Sound . .
Mar 30, 2010

like an idiot, but would someone kindly tell where in the h*ll to find the information on the schedule change?  i have yet to find it or the swap board and CCM not returning any emails.  any insight/info would be appreciated.  thanking in advance.    ...

I Hate Learning This Way
Apr 01, 2010

I wish somebody would figure out a way to train new hires other than setting them down with only a few hours training and letting them type their entire shift without a word from anyone, only to have QA come in the next morning and correct all the reports. I hate learning this way, I do something wrong, spell something about the facility wrong, all night long only to learn the next day that it is wrong. It is such a waste of my and my QAs time to do it this way, it sucks. And heaven forbid you h ...

Just Realized What I Really Hate About ASR.
Jul 14, 2010

I was just chatting with someone about transcription and ASR (it's been about 3 months since we switched) and it came to me what my biggest problem with it is.  We have no control over it.  With regular transcription, we are only limited by the quality of the dictation the sound.  The harder we work at perfecting our typing skills and our system of word expansions, etc., the faster we can work.  I spent 3 years getting to where there are very few words longer then 4 lett ...

Don't You Just Hate Those Days When Your
Jul 16, 2010

fingers and your brain are not coordinated????  Today is one of those days for me.  ...

Ughhhhh I Hate DQS 6.1.....sm
Sep 08, 2010

It slows my computer way down. I was typing a little while ago and all of a sudden the word I had just typed disappeared and the line above it was doubled! When I scrolled up and down the page it just got worse. It was about 2 minutes before it fixed itself and I was able to put the cursor in the correct place and finish the report. And I agree with everyone else here, the doctor lookup is a joke! Just a time-waster and too many keystrokes. Why would they do this to us? I just ignore that new ...