A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

I guess Keystrokes didn't waste enough people's time - with the ad from last week

Posted: Oct 20, 2014

posting the same jobs for which they received 735 responses, mine included. 31 years of experience, multispecialty, 3 compatible computers, and must have got 100% on the easiest 'test' I've ever taken...I wonder which of us will 'get a life' first...and who's the bigger fool at this point, the poster or responders... jes' sayin'--know what I mean KB?

I just don't get why these companies keep posting ads - sm - MT51

[ In Reply To ..]
all the time when they are inundated with resumes. Why not keep the resumes on file of the people who meet their qualifications and start looking from the ones they have.

How did you find out how many applied? - Val

[ In Reply To ..]
My guess is that posting these endless ads makes it look like the business is interested in keeping jobs in the states, a PR move.

I've been applying for non-MT jobs and I am just blown away by the numbers of stale jobs listed and the number of skimming and data collection sites there are. As soon as the site mentions education, I close it out.

i agree with you, a ploy to look as if jobs are being offered to US citizens... - the specificity of these jobs, too...

[ In Reply To ..]
"10___," etc., would be an attempt to comply with the job offering specificities required by law. Not for purposes of "PR," but for legal purposes. They have to do an acceptable job of advertising and then feigning a lack of US response or lack of qualified candidates to justify shipping jobs overseas. But what do I know, I'm just guessing.

Keystrokes doesn't send jobs overseas - Susie

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Would make sense - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
to me, and if no one applies from the US because of the pay, the disrespect, lack of benefits, etc, then it would appear that they are justified. Meanwhile they continually drop wages and benefits to match those in another country, where the COL is no where near here. I too, am guessing and IMO
Not to mention testing - MT2
[ In Reply To ..]
That could also explain the on line testing I have done with various other companies that off shore, and know (have copies) that their corrections were inaccurate and the company never responded when I asked what I had incorrect on the tests. All in all, if no one passes after they advertise..... off they go IMO as well
yes, absolutely. All part of the scheme. - I applied there, against my better judgment, like
[ In Reply To ..]
the "recruiter" even exchanged "pleasantries" with me...somehow, I knew, through it all, I would never get "the job," as there ain't one.
I was hired, so there are jobs. There are no day openings for Mon-Fri though. NM - Back at KS
[ In Reply To ..]

Xx

Guessing - and wrong

[ In Reply To ..]
Your guess is 100% incorrect. Keystrokes does not send work overseas. That's one of their fundamental policies.
please like this post if you applied recently for any of the jobs - posted by Keystrokes
[ In Reply To ..]
on October 8th and again on the 17th...I believe those were the dates...and either "tested" for company, had contact with "recruiter," had 'compatible' computer, software, etc., yet did not get any of the jobs for which you believe you were qualified, jobs which are relisted several days later. Thank you. Pls 'like' the post if it happened to you.
Keystrokes scrambling to remove its ad posted October 8 - why not leave it Keystrokes?nm
[ In Reply To ..]
?
math - reasonable person
[ In Reply To ..]
They're removing a help wanted ad almost two weeks later, and that somehow qualifies as 'scrambling' to you? How odd.

Even odder is that you perceive this as though they're, what, trying to cover something up?

Far more likely that they filled the positions and don't need any more applicants right now.

Why not post a job opening in the 'Damage Control' dept - of KS or is that one filled...
[ In Reply To ..]
by you?
No damage - Not me
[ In Reply To ..]
What 'damage' is it you think they're trying to control? They put up an ad, presumably they got all the applicants they could process and/or filled all available positions, and they took the ad down. I don't see any way a reasonable person would arrive at claims of 'damage control'.

You seem to have a strong dislike of Keystrokes. I'm sure you've got what seems like a good reason. Perhaps it even is a good reason, though I doubt it.

Oh, and no, I don't in any way work for KS. But it is amusing that when confronted with my different take on the matter, you resorted to suggesting that I must be working for them. Surely you don't actually believe that's a winning debate strategy?

Keystrokes does NOT send anything offshore. That is a known fact. - Bonne

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Similar Messages:

I Guess Vern And Amy Didn't Make There 99.5%.
Jun 19, 2013

And how much do they pay the whizzard who decided we need to use stronger passwords?  How profound. ...

A Big Waste Of Time
Jan 05, 2010

Got Duped again. Send my resume in, got ASKED to test, Feel I did excellent on the test, but get a mail back saying that they cannot hire me at this time. Knowing that no one ever gives you any explanation as to why you fail, I went ahead and sent a mail asking why.   The answer I received really threw me off. The answer was: "We require at least 3 years experience to hire".   My resume clearly states that I have almost 2 years exp so they made me test for absolutely NOTHING! GREAT ...

What A Waste Of My Time
Apr 08, 2014

Spent a long time testing this weekend to a company who shall remain nameless.  objective test really tough but I aced it. 5 dictations....I scored 96.6 out of 97. not good enuf. 19 years means nothing? on to bigger and better pastures... ...

Mttest.com - What A Waste Of My Time
Sep 17, 2010

I just had to say that when I see a company looking for MTs and they have to test through mttest, I cross them off my list of potential employment.  What a waste of my time.  Took it years ago and would never do it again.  There has to be some other way or just look at a person's resume and phone previous employers.  If I have over 25 years of experience, took pride in getting my CMT and have tons of experience in every specialty, chances are I am a good bet.  Just venting. ...

Dont Waste Your Time Trying To Fix ASR
Apr 17, 2012

One instance I sent something in and THEY spelled it wrong and blamed us for spelling it wrong in the reports..the rest of them I get,,, "I checked and there is nothing in the system for that to be happening...the MTs are doing it wrong so that ASR is picking it up and making it print out that way"  perhaps your manager needs to send out a message...Well if you mark it NEVER to capitalize then it should never capitalize and even if they are right how come on one report the stuff is capped a ...

Babbletype - Don't Waste Your Time On This Guy
May 30, 2012

Don't waste your time on this guy.  The test is ridiculous, and the pay is peanuts.  They are having offshore "transcribers" type GENERAL AND CORPORATE reports, and we all know how horrible OS "transcribers" are at figuring out the nuances of the English language.  Then the U.S. proofreader is going to have to fix all of the errors.  There will be no money to be made as an editor in this position.  OS "transcribers" can't even get the SOCIAL HISTORY section of a medical report rig ...

Whatever You Do, Do NOT Waste Your Time Responding To Any
Sep 24, 2012

MJOL ads.  This is a service requesting you to pay $110 for 3 months for their service!!  Complete waste of time!! ...

Your Favorite Waste Of Time Email?
Nov 12, 2012

As if we don't have enough BS to wade through and crap emails to read before trying to get a little money from them, I read an email that says "Here is a list of the previous MTIs that were renamed today."  Really?  Like that matters.  If I am going to spend my own time reading the emails that seem more like a trap on how they can keep from giving my my bonus, I would rather read a specific instruction....not that someone got paid to change the name of the instruction.  ...

Reversal Requests --why Do I Waste My Time?
Apr 16, 2015

Sent in request, my TM sent in on for next level.  Well, the powers above decided my placement of period and/or comma impacted the integrity of the record and should be scored as incorrect verbage rather than punctuation. The 1 point for verbage as opposed to .25 for punctuation makes that short report a fail.  Give us a frigging break.  Don't know why I waste my time.  Just when I calm down and think "working here isn't so bad", something l ...

Saince Hiring ? Didn't They Just Recently Let Some People Go?
May 01, 2015

I thought I saw posts where some employees were let go, or left because of insurance issues, etc. Are they a stable company or is this kind of overflow situation? TIA ...

Is Coding A Waste Of Time And Is It Really Be Outsourced To India?
May 20, 2010

this is quite worrisome! ...

So Free With Advice - Don't Waste Your Time/money
Mar 21, 2011

On the newbie page is yet another thread with nothing but mindless- "don't waste your money/time" posts from supposedly experienced MTs. Like it or not, MT isn't disappearing.  Neither is AHDI.  Like it or not, credentialing is going to be a fact of life if you're an MT.  I'm no big fan of AHDI either, but I have paid enough attention to what's going on in the industry to know what the wind is bringing in. The MTs who do little more than bash and dash, w ...

Why I Won't Waste My Time Requesting Reversals Anymore.
Jan 27, 2015

When it is dictated that the patient had knee surgery, (a couple of other procedures), then says rotator cuff and patella surgery... would that be considered a repeat of the knee surgery?   How am I supposed to know if when he dictated this, he was referring to the same surgery or not?   I blanked it and got an error on a post audit.   If I had repeated a DX in the list, I would have been marked off for that---cannot win either way.      ...

Many CCM, QC And Tech People Let Go Today. Guess They
Oct 08, 2012

x ...

Guess It's Time To Start Job Hunting.
Jan 28, 2015

I've been here for years and work on the worst accounts I've ever had in my life, only to make peanuts.  Now they're trying to take away the only good thing I have left, my schedule.  I wonder how many people they're going to lose this way.  If I had wanted to work 2nd and 3rd shift, I would have taken a job with that schedule in the first place.  Does it even occur to them that we took this job with our particular shift in the first place because that ...

IT IS 3:00 CST ON 11/16/10 - HAS ANY KEYSTROKES PEOPLE (SM)
Nov 16, 2010

had their payroll checks posted yet?  The e-mail said Chase Bank should be today, but mine has not been posted so far.  Wondering if that is across the board or should I contact owner?  Thanks! ...

Are Any Keystrokes People Running Out Of Work Sm
Mar 05, 2010

Our account is running out every day.  Is this normal?  Thanks. ...

IC STATUS TIME FOR SOME CHANGES PEOPLE
Nov 02, 2010

Most of us work as IC status. PEOPLE we need to get some type of protection.  what would happen to you tmr if your contract was terminated? You cannot get unemployment... these companies are making a killing off not having to pay into social security benefits, unemployment or workmans comp.... time to stand up as a work force I am willing to lead this however possible I need to know what are the steps to get this rolling.  we need to get these companies mandated to pay taxes, benefit ...

Why Do People Spend Time On This Board...
Mar 04, 2010

when you don't work for the "Q" ? Why do you care what is going on here?  I'm just curious.  ...

Any Work For Part Time Flex People?
Mar 26, 2010

I'm part time 24+ a week right now...looking to decrease hours but want to make sure I can get at least 10 hours a week.  Will I have trouble getting that?  When I was hired they said they couldn't guarantee flex PT hours, so....? ...

Does Nuance Still Hire Part Time People?
Dec 16, 2011

Thanks for your time! ...

People Must Have Made Up Time This Weekend Because I Have No Work Now.
Sep 08, 2013

nm ...

Keystrokes Testing Time?
May 06, 2011

Hate spending time doing testing.  Anyone willing to say approximately how long the whole testing process is with Keystrokes? ...

KEYSTROKES TIME CLOCK
Oct 03, 2011

It is my understanding from an attorney that if we are required to sit and wait for the work that is considered time worked.  Keystrokes wants us to keep track of ONLY the time spent typing, any time spent NOT typing is NOT considered as time working according to them.  You would have to rack up a lot of time just typing to get in those 40 hours in order to get paid overtime.  By the way I have never been paid overtime even after 40 hours and when asked if I would receive it the anwer was ...

Does Keystrokes Hire Part-time?
May 03, 2010

Does Keystrokes hire part-time? ...

Does Anyone Know If Keystrokes Hires Part-time Employees? Nm
May 04, 2012

nm ...

Does Keystrokes Hire Part-time Transcriptionists?
Jul 02, 2012

. ...

Confused About People Laid Off Part Time Flex, Thought Flex Position Was Eliminated Years Ago
Aug 17, 2013

I am part time but not flex. I wanted to go flex but my CCM told me that they no longer had flex positions available. This was probably 2 years ago.  How is everyone part time flex? ...

Keystrokes Is Going To A "time Clock" System In August?
Jun 09, 2011

So, have you heard that Keystrokes is going to a "time clock" system in August?  If this really goes through, this may be the straw... I have put up with all the other stuff going on there.  I constantly help out on other accounts as well as getting my own work done.  But, if I have to punch a clock, when I have been able to flex for 4 years, I don't think I'm gonna do it!  First off, there is no way I can sit for 8 hours straight.  I get my work done in 4 hours or so and then ...

People Skills For Work-at-home People
Nov 01, 2010

I have been at home working full time for about a year.  I have been an MT longer, but I always had kept a job outside of the home also because I like interaction with other.  I have found that I am starting to lose my people skills.  Do others have this same problem?  It is like I have forgotten how to really be able to hold a conversation with others.  This is something that really bothers me as I have always loved customer service and working with people and main ...