A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

My start menu is sideways and my desk top is sieways as well and the start menu is in the upper righ - ew

Posted: Aug 12, 2013

My start menu is in the upper right hand corner and the desk top is on the side.  How can I fix it?

alt up arrow - happened to me last week

[ In Reply To ..]
try that & see

alt up arrow - ew

[ In Reply To ..]
alt up arrow didn't work

It is - alt+ctrl+up

[ In Reply To ..]
there are other ways to fix it too, but much more involved. can google question and get lots of answers.

If you haven't already resolved the problem..... - Mom22dogs

[ In Reply To ..]
....try CTRL + ALT and UP arrow.

Similar Messages:

If I Start Some Coding Training, Do I Need To Start Learning ICD-9 Or ICD-10?
Jan 09, 2010

nm ...

When Does PTO Start?
Apr 06, 2011

I was told when I was hired that PTO started acruing immediately.  But my sup says no, but doesn't seem to want to tell me when it starts.  I think it stinks I was told immediately and it evidently doesn't start immediately.  ...

Where To Start
Aug 23, 2011

I would like to how you became coders? I saw someone went to Andrews, is that where most of you went?  I was a coder at a local hospital about 12 years ago.  I was taught on the job, no schooling at all.  I know things are changing and have changed significantly since I coded, and the way it sounds ICD-9 is going to ICD-10.  What suggestions would you give someone like me?  I also did transcription and have been doing that for the last 25 or so years, but I do not like t ...

Trying To Start IC
Mar 15, 2012

Hi All, Some IC questions for all you ICers out there.... 1) I know cpl is a 65-character line by most standards, but how do you calculate headers and patient info such as DOB, PatientID#'s etc.? 2) Also, how do you write a contract up for places who want to hire you as an IC? 3) What are some of the most important things to include in your IC contract in your opinion? 4) Software...do you need "platforms" such as everyone talks about on these forums that they use for th ...

What A Way To Start A Day - OOW
Jul 04, 2013

So I get to stay tethered to my house while my hubs and son go to a state park for a party.  I wish I could just leave but I'm not the kind of person to do that, I'd feel too bad.  Oh well, time to play some games ...

Start Looking Now!
Nov 02, 2014

This is specifically for ambulatory care MTs.  The axe has fallen and it will probably get worse, if that is possible.  I got out a month ago and am I ever happy that I did, after hearing what the new exciting changes are.  But I started applying, testing and even trying out other places months ago, and it took a while to finally find a good small, keep-work-in-the-USA and care about our team company.  Start looking now, because the resumes will be flooding any and all good-s ...

Been Away From MT For 10 Yrs - Where Do I Start?
Jan 05, 2015

I was an MT for 14 years with multi-specialty experience.  I have been out of the field for 10 years.  I am interested in getting back to it.  I have some questions:  -Should I work on Certification before finding a job?  Should I get Registered before Certification? -What equipment/software is generally being used this days for at-home/contractor? -What is the average PPL?  -How does straight transcription compare to VR editor as far as pay? -Right now I live ...

Pay .07 Per Line To Start
Nov 02, 2009

I've never been paid by the line.  I have over 10 years radiology experience, and this company wants to hire me with radiology experience at .07 per line "to start".....is this decent pay?  I'd have to type at least 1500 lines a day to make decent money.  Is that a lot of lines to do in a day?  Med Trans?  Ever heard of it? ...

Going To Start Coding
Apr 04, 2010

I am wanting to start coding in the next month.  I have a question though.  Does it make a difference if you have a certificate or associates in it?  Is one better than the other? ...

My Job Will Not Load. What A Way To Start The Day
Aug 23, 2010

x ...

When Does The New Pay Period Start/end?
Dec 09, 2010

Just wanted to know when the end of the pay period was or beginning.  Is Monday, 12/13 start of the new pay period?  I know pay is every two weeks. ...

S/L Primiformis Start
Jul 11, 2011

underwent closed reduction and intramedullary nailing with a Piriformis start nail and ...

Start Your Own Business
Jul 29, 2011

I am really tired of working for other people and have them treat you like dirt all the while making millions of bucks off our hard work. Has anyone looked into starting their own company?  What resources are required and how does one go about licensing, getting clients, etc.? Any information on this topic would be helpful.  Please don't reply if you have anything negative to say.  Just want some good clean advice  :) ...

How To Start An Argument On
Dec 08, 2011

1.  Express an opinion. 2.  Wait. ...

Anybody Start With EDocScribe ?
Feb 03, 2012

I am wondering if anyone who works there, either recent hire or long-term MTs, would care to share their experience as to how they are to work for, how QA is, how productive the platform is, etc.  I would appreciate any feedback from recent experience.  Thank you in advance.  ...

So Nice To Start The Day With NJA. Nm
Mar 08, 2013

xx ...

Start-Stop
Apr 24, 2013

Does anyone use Start-Stop?  If so, do you like it? Cathy ...

Start My New Job Next Week.
Aug 27, 2013

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, well wishes or just encouragement, I got the office position job I applied for, took my drug test yesterday and will be starting training next week.  I am so very excited to FINALLY be getting back out in the work force.  I tried to hang on to being an MT as long as possible, have been job jumping for some time, but thought it would get better.  It never has, for me, and I know it's time to move forward and be able to once again ...

QC Incentive Start?
Oct 07, 2013

Anyone know when the QC incentive is going to start?  I kept running out of work as an MT, so decided to make the move to QC because they were supposed to start that incentive like 2 months ago now (false advertising, yay!) ... have been making nearly $200 less per paycheck since making the switch since I lost my weekly MT bonus, ugh. :(   Anytime I ask my supervisor she just says she is mad about it as well and they won't give her a straight answer... mhmm.     ...

What About Four Pennies To Start?
Nov 08, 2013

Does anyone know of an MT company that employs full-time workers that are employees rather than independent contractors that pays 4 cents/line for SR editing and 8 cents/line for "regular" transcription from the very beginning once they hire you (rather than at Nuance where you have to "earn it" to go from 3.75 cents/line to 4 cents/line? How about 5 cents/line for SR editing and 10 cents/linge for regular transcription? Or is there no such thing? ...

Way To Start A Shift
Feb 02, 2014

Love starting work with a 20 minute VR where they constantly corrected theirselves and I spent most of the time deleting every other sentence.  I could have typed it so much faster!!!  So much for my LPH that hour ...

Need To Start A Union
Oct 23, 2014

OK transcriptionists.......We are all in the same boat that seems to be sinking.  I am throwing everyone a life preserver.  I know I can offer the doctors out there an easy way to dictate that is "clear, understandable, personable" (with transcriptionists assigned to their own personalized physicians).  This is the way I have done this for 20 years.  It worked great.  I have a connection that will integrate transcription into the EMR that they are using.  When I spo ...

A Song To Start Your Day ..
Dec 18, 2014

Morning All. We have to find a way to smile, or let them win totally. Go to youtube and search "We're Not Gonna Take It" and listen. I don't do links here. While this comment is perhaps tongue in cheek, we really DO need to make this our theme song and do something. S M I L E. Remember first and foremost, while some TSMs and perhaps some middle management care, the ones higher than that absolutely could care less about us. We DO need Norma Rae leading the way! ...

What A Way To Start The New Year
Jan 01, 2015

WOW! A whole 3 jobs so far.  We are "expected" to get our hours in when there is no work available?  This is ridiculous having to keep checking back.  This always happens over the holidays.  This is gonna be a small check. ...

Anyone Get Their CCS And Start Working Out Of
Apr 24, 2015

or do you always need to start off in an office?  ...

Start Of Another Week In POD
May 12, 2015

Please Lord let me win the lottery so I can tell MM to "take this job and shove it." Got a headache, I'm tired, I ache all over and my eyes won't focus, but I guess I'll have to suffer through, we have high backlogs.... rolling eyes whatever ...

New Hire - How Soon Does CCM Contact You Before You Start?
Oct 16, 2009

Got a letter from staffing and resource manager stating I would be contacted prior to training.   I am DYING to know if I got my old accounts.  Recruiter said she could put it on my form as a request, but who knows.   My start date is not for another week so perhaps I should wait for CCM to call, but.... Would I be out of line calling the staffing manager? ...

Knee Surgeries That Start With A L?
Oct 21, 2009

Are there any names of Knee surgeries that start with a L? ...

To All The Newbies Trying To Get A Start In This Business
Nov 09, 2009

I have been doing transcription for the last eight years out of my home.  I started with psychiatry for the company I was working for in-office and then was fortunate enough to get to do it at home.  However, I had never done transcription before this point.  I started checking into jobs online and since I knew I didn't have medical experience, I really didn't bother applying for any jobs in that field.  I would apply for transcription jobs outside of the realm of m ...

What Types Of Forceps Are Used That Start With T?
Nov 09, 2009

what types of forceps are used that start with T?  He used closed _________ forceps??? ...