A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Would you stay with your company if they started sending some work overseas? - cardmt

Posted: May 11, 2012

My company has begun, one by one, sending accounts overseas.  We only have one account left being typed by those of us in the US, and I imagine that one is going over there soon.  They lie to us about where the work is going or tell us that there's just not a lot coming in.  But MT's can go into each job typed and also see the amount of work coming in.  It's obvious that the jobs are now being typed by people whose first language is not English.  I'm very resentful and even though I've been there almost 10 years, I'm actually kind of hoping (since these hospitals and doctors are so picky and critical), that it'll backfire on them and they'll lose all accounts.  Would you stay? Would you be loyal anymore?

It is a bad sign. Be loyal only to yourself in this business. - No message

[ In Reply To ..]
x

I would stay with a company that pays my bills - ...

[ In Reply To ..]
Nevertheless, if it looks dicey (and it does), see if you can relocate.

I'd stay only as long as it took to find another job - Ayn

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Thanks. That's what I'm trying to do lately. - cardmt

[ In Reply To ..]
The job market is a lot different than it was 10 years ago.

The doctors and hospitals probably will never - know because QA SM

[ In Reply To ..]
here in the US will clean it up for a lousy 4 cpl or less. I wish we all could refuse to do it but I know that is unrealistic. They keep us poor so we have no options.

Transcend - me

[ In Reply To ..]
I left within a month of them acquiring MDI as I knew they were sending work overseas...I even asked them point blank about it in the conference call. Took me about 2 years to find something I finally could call home, but sometimes, you gotta take a stand and do what you gotta do. Just my 2 cents. Not sorry I left, look at the pickle they are in now! What goes around, comes around. :)

Similar Messages:

Company Still Sending Emails.
Aug 18, 2012

I quit working for On-Time Transcription due to VR and lack of income; also the fact they sold to Accentus.  I get emails almost daily where QA is complaining about this or that.  I've replied asking that she remove my email address as I quit and would really appreciate never hearing from this company again.  I've received two more today.  Ugh.  Just shows how they are unable to get things done. ...

I Just Started With A New Company And
Jan 21, 2014

I am totally worn out.  I have never in my life worked so hard for so little money.  They nit-pick everything to death and there are so many pages of instructions that you just can't remember everything.  I don't know how these companies expect us to manage a gazillion accounts, each with different directions, etc., but they do.  McDonald's is looking better all the time. ...

Large Company Sending Your Equipment Next Day
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a legal recourse for work injuries caused by company equipment?  A market leader, at-the-time generous transcription company sent me an old fashioned monitor, which after years of looking at it caused ocular saccades (lateral jitter of eyes).  Also, they downgraded to cheap earphones with a solenoid in them that thumped, decreasing hearing permanently, evidently, in the solenoid fitted side of the headset. I think the saccades are diminished to absent now ...

Sending Resume On Company Apps
Sep 12, 2011

Does anyone know how to send your resume when you fill out the online application at a company's website?  There is the usual blank (tiny window) and to the right of that box it states browse.  When you click on browse it takes you to where your resume is located on your computer, and then instead of actually putting your resume into the app, it just puts where your resume is located.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this.  If someone would be so ki ...

Another Company To Stay Away From Is
Sep 25, 2012

TransTech.  They will offer you great pay, but when you get going good and fast, they tell you to slow down!!  Beware!! ...

To The Lady That Started Her Own Company
May 17, 2010

You know who you are. You even asked questions on this board about setting up an MT company.   You have even stopped answering/reading e-mails, even though I have not harrassed you or have even been nasty.  I would, however, like to get paid.  Your excuses that you are waiting for lines counts from the client and that you will keep me updated is wearing thin.  Surely you must have line counts by now since the work was done in February.  Or is it because you have spe ...

I Just Started Working For A Company With VR
Oct 17, 2011

I started working for a company 2 weeks ago and it's about 99% VR, so I just edit all day.  Sometimes I would rather type it because it would be faster than editing. Other times it is faster to just edit it. The problem is, it is going to take at least the length of the recording to get the job done either way, but with VR I'm being paid only 4 cents a line.  It's the same work for less than half the pay I had before with straight typing. I just calculated up what I made ...

Shoudn't TSMs Know Company Policy BEFORE Sending
Jul 08, 2013

we're told internet outage is not acceptable reason not to work and to find alternative such as WiFi, etc. in a not so nice tone.  Now we're told this is NOT acceptable (use of WiFi) as according to company policy.  Make up your mind will ya?  This TSM deserves a critical error deduction for misinformation (and the attitude).   Shouldn't they be required to know company policy before taking on their position?  ...

Started Working For A Company 2 Weeks Ago And
Mar 10, 2011

so, what do you think?  I started working with them 2 weeks ago and at first, you have to pend all your work to QA which I have been doing and I haven't heard anything from anyone.  Every other company I have worked with send you QA feedback so you know if you are on track or not.  I am just worried that this place is shady and when it comes time to get paychecks, I will have a hard time. ...

One Company To Stay Away From Is Fast Chart
May 04, 2011

One company to stay away from is Fast Chart, but they OVERHIRE BIG TIME, and you cannot make a living, always running out of work, they ask for shifts, but it's a free for all, and they even posted in their newsletter and congats to a VR editor or edited 53,000 lines in a pay period!  Now, tell me how is that possible and maintain 98%, NOT. unless you are glued to the chair with a catheter, and also what about the other eidtors that needed the work!  Letting people work a free for all in ...

Stay Away From Precyse... Horrible Company!
Jun 23, 2015

nm ...

Our Company Just Started Using A Voice Recognition Program
Jul 11, 2010

Our company just started using a voice recognition program.  Obviously, we get paid LESS PER LINE for reports doing it this way. The way I see it - this is a way to pay MTs LESS than they are worth.  Of course, there is less typing, but with the voice recognition program I use, I feel like it would be faster for me to just type the dang report than make all of the corrections, medical, grammar, etc. ...

SITS Solutions STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!
May 07, 2015

WARNING, WARNING   I worked at SITS Solutions and never got paid for the work I did.  I also had an associate that was done the ssame to.  They give a false address on their contarcts 1016 W Franklin St Chicago but when I called there they had never heard of them. They are Indian based and have no US staff. If you want to work for free it's super opprotunity:)   mtpro ...

It Seems Everytime Someone Asks About A Company They Are Told STAY AWAY.. So Here Is My Question....
Jan 15, 2011

Who do you work for then?  If every company is horrible.. what do you do?  It seems there are no recommended companies anymore, not one.  In that case, it would seem that maybe everyone should start looking for a new career, no? Im not being negative...or mean.  I am just curious.  Where do you go from here when the pay is low, or the company is horrible?   When I first started doing MT work 10 years ago this site was plumishing.  There were a few companies ...

80% Overseas
Jul 12, 2010

Okay, this is the second time while on this board (I only frequent it about twice a month) that I have come across "80% MT work being sent overseas".  Could someone please fill me in (you can email me if you think it will be erased on here). Thank you so much! ...

How Do I Know If Primary Is Being Sent Overseas
Mar 17, 2010

I was reading below about the TAA.  I have less and less work.  I have had NJA all this week, never ran out at this time of year before.  Last time they blamed it on the storms on the East Coast.  My pay is continually going down, especially after the previous pay decrease, and now NJA.  My question is how do I know if my accounts are going oversease, and this is why I am out of work to apply for TAA. Thanks for any help. ...

Overseas Contracts
Aug 07, 2010

Overseas MT Opportunities?
Jan 05, 2012

<sigh>  With the USA going down the toilet fast (see Military Detention Act), I fleetingly thought about pursuing something overseas.  I used to work with a lady who took a position in Saudi, Arabia. They paid to move her over there (into a dorm-type building with other MTs), where she lived for a year or two.  She was subjected to incredibly sexist treatment by the Arab men BUT loved it there and wound up marrying an American she met while there.  Of course, ...

Does Anyone Know If You Can Work Overseas For MQ/MM
Mar 29, 2012

Does anyone know if you can work overseas for MQ/MM or whatever it is called?  My husband is in the military stationed in Germany and I would like to move over there with him.  Thanks for any help with this! ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Anybody Else End Up On A New Account Overseas Yet.
Jul 23, 2013

I have started training on an account over in the UK. Has anybody else been transferred to an overseas hospital? ...

UscribeUSA 3 Cpl? What Do They Pay Then Overseas?
Apr 25, 2014

Am skeptical of the 8cpl they SAY for straight typing...and most MTSOs nowadays have very little stright typing.  This MAY be a comeon for one thinking they can make up for the 3cpl.  You cannot live on 3cpl.  Complicate that with all ESL dictators and then to have to pay taxes.  Welcome to slave labor.  ...

Repository For Overseas Benefit?
Dec 12, 2009

I was talking with some of my fellow MQians and the repository came up.  Some people think that the repository was made so that the Indian workers can better understand their jobs.  Now that I think of it I believe that is it so.  What do you guys think? ...

Do You Think Coding Jobs Will Be Sent Overseas Some Day As Well? Sm
Dec 23, 2009

I really need to get out of the MT profession.  I am a newly single mom and am making less money as an MT than I was 5 years ago.  I just cannot afford to do this anymore.  I always see coding jobs posted at my local hospital.  Do you think these jobs will be sent overseas just like transcription?  I am thinking of going into nursing but don't know yet.  What would be a good healthcare career to get into? ...

HIPPA/HITECH And Overseas MTs
May 07, 2010

How can any company be compliant with HITECH/HIPPA when they send work overseas. Isn't that a HIPPA violation and should the patient be notified that their personal information, diagnoses, history, SS#, in some cases home address, DOB, etc, is sometimes mentioned in reports and overseas MTs have access to it?  How can any company be compliant, especially with HITECH be compliant with these new laws, regulations, etc, when the patient is not aware their information is accessed overseas ...

Working Overseas With DocQManage
Dec 20, 2011

Hello all, my question is this:  my husband was just deployed overseas to Europe for a year and I hope to join him.  The hospital I work for uses the DocQManage platform from Medquist.  Does anyone have any experience with working overseas on the platform?  I have asked my HR Department about working overseas and have yet to hear an answer from them.  Thanks in advance!   ...

Question About Work Going Overseas
May 31, 2012

I've tried finding this info on my own but can't seem to locate it on any reputable/trusthworthy site.  What percentage of the MT/MLS jobs is sent overseas?  I'm only asking because I was "bought" by them a short while ago and have recently purchased a house.  When I was "bought" by MQ, all of my work went to India or somewhere unknown.  My QA scores were always 99% to 100%, I could breeze through the line count w/ no problem, and I had a team lead I liked, so ...

What Companies Outsource Overseas?
Jul 06, 2012

Why the talk about our jobs being outsourced to India? Is this actually happening now?? I've been away from the business for a couple of years, but when I left it, everyone was very against outsourcing oversears. ...

Someone Posted On Reddit About MTs And Overseas
Oct 08, 2012

Go to reddit.com and paste in the search box on the right:   Americans, how do you feel about your medical records being composed overseas in such places as India or Pakistan? ...

Lost Work Due To More Being Sent Overseas
Dec 05, 2012

Its like my group/team has almost ceased to exist. There is only work in the late afternoon up through the evening and then poof, its gone. We were told that a lot of it went off-shore, but now struggling to learn new accounts and its taking a toll on production and I am having to send more to QA. Anyone else experiencing this? ...