A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

What Companies Outsource Overseas? - Morgan

Posted: Jul 06, 2012

Why the talk about our jobs being outsourced to India? Is this actually happening now?? I've been away from the business for a couple of years, but when I left it, everyone was very against outsourcing oversears.

Seriously!? Ever heard of Donald "Skip" Conover? - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.linkedin.com/in/donaldconover
Donald "Skip" Conover

I'm hoping to reach as many MTs as possible before this post gets removed.

Quote from his linkedin page:

CBay is now a public company (AIM: CBAY), and enjoys $550 million in annual revenue. He served as the first President of CBay, and later as Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors. Mr. Conover was a first mover in the Indian BPO Industry, first conceptualizing the idea of sending American medical transcription work to India in October 1989. Today, just the Indian Medical Transcription Industry is estimated to employ over 25,000 people.

And he was a Lieutenant Colonel in the USMC... - Thanks to a veteran for throwing MT under the bus-

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Obama's healthcare will unlock new deals worth $22 BILLION for outsourcing industry in India. - Article from July 5, 2012

[ In Reply To ..]
Boom. There you go MTs. Check out this article from yesterday.

BPO = business process outsourcing (industry)

http://www.bpoindia.org/news/obamas-new-healthcare-reforms-to-unlock-22-billion-bpo-deals/

Make us pay for INS and allow OUTSOURCING??? - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
We should all be contacting every government representative we can from the bottom to the top and scream bloody hell. This needs to STOP. The nerve to make it mandatory to buy health insurance and then be taxed if you don’t and then turn around and allow the increased business from it to be OUTSOURCED instead of making it mandatory for the work to stay in the US. CRAZY!!!!!!
Wrote a letter to the editor of my local newspaper - See message
[ In Reply To ..]
and asked that it be published saying how ridiculous it is for the job creation from Obamacare to be allowed to be outsourced overseas. At least it’s a start. Next stop:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact

quote from that article - Des

[ In Reply To ..]
Outsourcing industry experts from India feel that the new decision will definitely benefit the industry by the way of bringing new projects valuing around $ 22 billion. The reform will bring business for the Indian BPOs in the form of data creation and conversion, claims processing, management of health records and sales of insurance.
We should take advantage of the LEAVE A MESSAGE - offer under the title of the article
[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.bpoindia.org/news/obamas-new-healthcare-reforms-to-unlock-22-billion-bpo-deals/

you need to read beyond the headline - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

This is a piece written by a business outsourcing firm in India! It is an OPINION: not fact, not mandate, not requirement. Note what the article actually says:

"Outsourcing industry experts from India feel  that the new decision will definitely benefit the industry by the way of bringing new projects valuing around $ 22 billion."

I knew EXACTLY what it meant when I posted it, thank you very much. - sm
[ In Reply To ..]
Think outside the box. Don't wait for the sledgehammer to hit your foot and then scream.

Similar Messages:

Is Nuance Going To Outsource Us Overseas?
Sep 21, 2013

Company I worked for recently outsourced us to Nuance, and now I'm wondering what the likelihood is that they will, in turn, outsource our entire account overseas? Do they pay less to their people who work overseas? Something's in the air recently - just in the past week or 2 - among me and some others on our account, and it just seems weird. We're getting harrassed more, we're getting more major errors marked BY FAR than previously, and some have even been threatened with be ...

Companies That Do NOT Outsource
Sep 07, 2011

Is there ANY company out there that does NOT outsource ANY of their dictation?  I usually don't mind ESL dictation except when it's ALL I get anymore.  I work for a company that is being bought out by another company and right now, the only work I get or that is left to type, are the crappiest dictators out there.  This is the dictation that cannot be sent out as a voice recognition file OR for straight typing simply because it's crap dictation.  I've been ...

Why Are We Not Checking Out Companies That Don't Outsource?
Jan 25, 2011

there are jobs over there on the job seekers board that say no outsourcing, US only.  we are unhappy here.  are those companies bad too? ...

Does Transcend Outsource?
Nov 28, 2009

Is it true that Transcend outsources to offshore transcriptionists?  I'm with MDI as it merges with Transcend, and if this is true, I don't want to condone it by staying with MDI as it becomes Transcend unless I absolutely cannot find another job. ...

MTSOs Who Don't Outsource?
Jun 05, 2015

I refuse to work for a company who outsources anymore. I don't mind waiting for the right job, but I'm wondering if it even exists. Do any companies NOT outsource work to India? Anyone know?     Thanks is in advance. :) ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging
Apr 21, 2011

Does anyone have information about Rapid Outsource Imaging?  Thanks for any help you can give. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging (ROI)
May 19, 2011

I can sign on with them, but they're strictly BOS 3. I'm still in the dark ages with BOS 1. How much time am I going to spend with my head in the book? What things should I focus on (re)learning first? Also, what kind of paperwork do I need to take care of, line counts, billing?  Do they take care of that? All I do with my current company is submit my online line count at the end of the pay period, and two weeks later I get a deposit in the bank. This is the only IC position I&# ...

ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging)
Oct 31, 2011

Has anyone ever worked for this company? ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging.
Jan 06, 2012

Does anyway know about this company or ever worked there?  It sounds good with high pay on lines, but that is not everything to consider.  Let me know anything that you know. ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging? Sm
Jun 12, 2012

Has anyone ever worked for Rapid Outsource Imaging? If so - were you happy there? Did they have plenty of work? Did they pay a fair rate? How was their QA and their platform? I've already invested time in their lengthy application/test and have phone interview tomorrow. Any info or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks!! ...

Hospital Outsource Company Name(s)
Aug 22, 2012

Is there a way to find out the name of the company or companies a hospital contracts with to do their transcription/editing?  ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging, LLC - Any Comments?
Mar 06, 2010

do not know what state.  Any info appreciated.  ...

Rapid Outsource Imaging Fact Or Fiction?
Oct 28, 2011

I was considering applying at ROI (Rapid Outsource Imaging), but I heard they charge their IC MTs $50 per report error.  Are there any ROI MTs out there who could comment on this?  ...

University Of New Mexico Hospital Stands By Their Decision To Outsource
Jun 14, 2013

In followup to this post  http://forum.mtstars.com/474958.html This KRQE news story  http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/business/unm-hospital-stands-by-its-outsourcing-decision UNM Hospital needs to think about the the income tax dollars not going to the federal govt with these MTs losing their jobs (or if these MTs go with Nuance - the REDUCED income tax dollars) that their decision has caused. Also the reduced sales tax revenue. And loss of medical insurance.  It has been said tha ...

80% Overseas
Jul 12, 2010

Okay, this is the second time while on this board (I only frequent it about twice a month) that I have come across "80% MT work being sent overseas".  Could someone please fill me in (you can email me if you think it will be erased on here). Thank you so much! ...

How Do I Know If Primary Is Being Sent Overseas
Mar 17, 2010

I was reading below about the TAA.  I have less and less work.  I have had NJA all this week, never ran out at this time of year before.  Last time they blamed it on the storms on the East Coast.  My pay is continually going down, especially after the previous pay decrease, and now NJA.  My question is how do I know if my accounts are going oversease, and this is why I am out of work to apply for TAA. Thanks for any help. ...

Overseas Contracts
Aug 07, 2010

Overseas MT Opportunities?
Jan 05, 2012

<sigh>  With the USA going down the toilet fast (see Military Detention Act), I fleetingly thought about pursuing something overseas.  I used to work with a lady who took a position in Saudi, Arabia. They paid to move her over there (into a dorm-type building with other MTs), where she lived for a year or two.  She was subjected to incredibly sexist treatment by the Arab men BUT loved it there and wound up marrying an American she met while there.  Of course, ...

Does Anyone Know If You Can Work Overseas For MQ/MM
Mar 29, 2012

Does anyone know if you can work overseas for MQ/MM or whatever it is called?  My husband is in the military stationed in Germany and I would like to move over there with him.  Thanks for any help with this! ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Anybody Else End Up On A New Account Overseas Yet.
Jul 23, 2013

I have started training on an account over in the UK. Has anybody else been transferred to an overseas hospital? ...

UscribeUSA 3 Cpl? What Do They Pay Then Overseas?
Apr 25, 2014

Am skeptical of the 8cpl they SAY for straight typing...and most MTSOs nowadays have very little stright typing.  This MAY be a comeon for one thinking they can make up for the 3cpl.  You cannot live on 3cpl.  Complicate that with all ESL dictators and then to have to pay taxes.  Welcome to slave labor.  ...

Repository For Overseas Benefit?
Dec 12, 2009

I was talking with some of my fellow MQians and the repository came up.  Some people think that the repository was made so that the Indian workers can better understand their jobs.  Now that I think of it I believe that is it so.  What do you guys think? ...

Do You Think Coding Jobs Will Be Sent Overseas Some Day As Well? Sm
Dec 23, 2009

I really need to get out of the MT profession.  I am a newly single mom and am making less money as an MT than I was 5 years ago.  I just cannot afford to do this anymore.  I always see coding jobs posted at my local hospital.  Do you think these jobs will be sent overseas just like transcription?  I am thinking of going into nursing but don't know yet.  What would be a good healthcare career to get into? ...

HIPPA/HITECH And Overseas MTs
May 07, 2010

How can any company be compliant with HITECH/HIPPA when they send work overseas. Isn't that a HIPPA violation and should the patient be notified that their personal information, diagnoses, history, SS#, in some cases home address, DOB, etc, is sometimes mentioned in reports and overseas MTs have access to it?  How can any company be compliant, especially with HITECH be compliant with these new laws, regulations, etc, when the patient is not aware their information is accessed overseas ...

Working Overseas With DocQManage
Dec 20, 2011

Hello all, my question is this:  my husband was just deployed overseas to Europe for a year and I hope to join him.  The hospital I work for uses the DocQManage platform from Medquist.  Does anyone have any experience with working overseas on the platform?  I have asked my HR Department about working overseas and have yet to hear an answer from them.  Thanks in advance!   ...

Question About Work Going Overseas
May 31, 2012

I've tried finding this info on my own but can't seem to locate it on any reputable/trusthworthy site.  What percentage of the MT/MLS jobs is sent overseas?  I'm only asking because I was "bought" by them a short while ago and have recently purchased a house.  When I was "bought" by MQ, all of my work went to India or somewhere unknown.  My QA scores were always 99% to 100%, I could breeze through the line count w/ no problem, and I had a team lead I liked, so ...

Someone Posted On Reddit About MTs And Overseas
Oct 08, 2012

Go to reddit.com and paste in the search box on the right:   Americans, how do you feel about your medical records being composed overseas in such places as India or Pakistan? ...

Lost Work Due To More Being Sent Overseas
Dec 05, 2012

Its like my group/team has almost ceased to exist. There is only work in the late afternoon up through the evening and then poof, its gone. We were told that a lot of it went off-shore, but now struggling to learn new accounts and its taking a toll on production and I am having to send more to QA. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

Coding And Relocating Overseas
Feb 09, 2013

Here's a different sort of question. My husband has a dream of relocating to England. His company has an office there, so work for him might not be an issue. Now, this may not come to fruition, (or if it does it might not be for years down the road), but I was wondering if anyone knows if American coders get hired in the British medical system? I'm currently in school and not yet certified. I'm just curious to know if anyone has come across this. ...