A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Question about work going overseas - and Nuance

Posted: May 31, 2012

I've tried finding this info on my own but can't seem to locate it on any reputable/trusthworthy site.  What percentage of the MT/MLS jobs is sent overseas?  I'm only asking because I was "bought" by them a short while ago and have recently purchased a house.  When I was "bought" by MQ, all of my work went to India or somewhere unknown.  My QA scores were always 99% to 100%, I could breeze through the line count w/ no problem, and I had a team lead I liked, so I shouldn't have been on their radar to shoot down, unless it was simply because I had been there since the HealthScribe days and, thereby, after the many pay cuts still managed to make a little more than the starting MTs did.

Appreciate any links or insight and TYIA.

Work going overseas - beaten down

[ In Reply To ..]
A great deal of it; I was "bought" or more like sold into slavery to Transcend, which is now bought by Nuanace. First two weeks of my honeymoon was great. Now I sit here with no work, daily, work 12 to 13 hours to get 8 hours of work in and there will be 300 jobs in QA holding with Indian names attached to them. Once the Indians go to bed, we might get a little work on our account. Yet - Nuance runs job ads.

Beejeebers! - SeaMT

[ In Reply To ..]
Maybe the I in ISR stands for Indian?

Excuse me, just couldn't help myself (roaring laughter)

how about we do this? - ray

[ In Reply To ..]
How about we contact our local hospital board of trustees and query them if/how much of their transcription is going offshore? I would be quite sure they have no idea and probably don't care much BUT you can mention patriotism, the economy, the fact that they gladly accept federal and state payment for service, etc. etc. Maybe a grassroots effort along these lines would help. The "clients" can always refuse to allow offshoring if they are aware of it.

jobs in QA holding - just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
Just curious -- how can you tell how many jobs are in QA holding? Maybe you are on a different platform that I am but on our platform I don't think we can see that information (if so, I obviously don't know where to look! smile). Thank you.

Not the OP, but - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
The OP is probably QC for Nuance. I used to be and could see those jobs as well. We used to be allowed to QC those jobs in India when we ran out of work, but that was stopped months ago.
jobs on hold - curious
[ In Reply To ..]
Thank you for your reply, appreciate the information. :)

Similar Messages:

80% Overseas
Jul 12, 2010

Okay, this is the second time while on this board (I only frequent it about twice a month) that I have come across "80% MT work being sent overseas".  Could someone please fill me in (you can email me if you think it will be erased on here). Thank you so much! ...

How Do I Know If Primary Is Being Sent Overseas
Mar 17, 2010

I was reading below about the TAA.  I have less and less work.  I have had NJA all this week, never ran out at this time of year before.  Last time they blamed it on the storms on the East Coast.  My pay is continually going down, especially after the previous pay decrease, and now NJA.  My question is how do I know if my accounts are going oversease, and this is why I am out of work to apply for TAA. Thanks for any help. ...

Overseas Contracts
Aug 07, 2010

Overseas MT Opportunities?
Jan 05, 2012

<sigh>  With the USA going down the toilet fast (see Military Detention Act), I fleetingly thought about pursuing something overseas.  I used to work with a lady who took a position in Saudi, Arabia. They paid to move her over there (into a dorm-type building with other MTs), where she lived for a year or two.  She was subjected to incredibly sexist treatment by the Arab men BUT loved it there and wound up marrying an American she met while there.  Of course, ...

Does Anyone Know If You Can Work Overseas For MQ/MM
Mar 29, 2012

Does anyone know if you can work overseas for MQ/MM or whatever it is called?  My husband is in the military stationed in Germany and I would like to move over there with him.  Thanks for any help with this! ...

Outsourcing Overseas
May 10, 2012

I just saw a comercial on TV last night that says Mitt Romney outsouced to call centers overseas. That really upsets me and I for one will remember that when I go to the polls. I am shocked and apalled. He must need educated on the fact that Americans jobs are going overseas. ...

Anybody Else End Up On A New Account Overseas Yet.
Jul 23, 2013

I have started training on an account over in the UK. Has anybody else been transferred to an overseas hospital? ...

UscribeUSA 3 Cpl? What Do They Pay Then Overseas?
Apr 25, 2014

Am skeptical of the 8cpl they SAY for straight typing...and most MTSOs nowadays have very little stright typing.  This MAY be a comeon for one thinking they can make up for the 3cpl.  You cannot live on 3cpl.  Complicate that with all ESL dictators and then to have to pay taxes.  Welcome to slave labor.  ...

Repository For Overseas Benefit?
Dec 12, 2009

I was talking with some of my fellow MQians and the repository came up.  Some people think that the repository was made so that the Indian workers can better understand their jobs.  Now that I think of it I believe that is it so.  What do you guys think? ...

Do You Think Coding Jobs Will Be Sent Overseas Some Day As Well? Sm
Dec 23, 2009

I really need to get out of the MT profession.  I am a newly single mom and am making less money as an MT than I was 5 years ago.  I just cannot afford to do this anymore.  I always see coding jobs posted at my local hospital.  Do you think these jobs will be sent overseas just like transcription?  I am thinking of going into nursing but don't know yet.  What would be a good healthcare career to get into? ...

HIPPA/HITECH And Overseas MTs
May 07, 2010

How can any company be compliant with HITECH/HIPPA when they send work overseas. Isn't that a HIPPA violation and should the patient be notified that their personal information, diagnoses, history, SS#, in some cases home address, DOB, etc, is sometimes mentioned in reports and overseas MTs have access to it?  How can any company be compliant, especially with HITECH be compliant with these new laws, regulations, etc, when the patient is not aware their information is accessed overseas ...

Working Overseas With DocQManage
Dec 20, 2011

Hello all, my question is this:  my husband was just deployed overseas to Europe for a year and I hope to join him.  The hospital I work for uses the DocQManage platform from Medquist.  Does anyone have any experience with working overseas on the platform?  I have asked my HR Department about working overseas and have yet to hear an answer from them.  Thanks in advance!   ...

What Companies Outsource Overseas?
Jul 06, 2012

Why the talk about our jobs being outsourced to India? Is this actually happening now?? I've been away from the business for a couple of years, but when I left it, everyone was very against outsourcing oversears. ...

Someone Posted On Reddit About MTs And Overseas
Oct 08, 2012

Go to reddit.com and paste in the search box on the right:   Americans, how do you feel about your medical records being composed overseas in such places as India or Pakistan? ...

Lost Work Due To More Being Sent Overseas
Dec 05, 2012

Its like my group/team has almost ceased to exist. There is only work in the late afternoon up through the evening and then poof, its gone. We were told that a lot of it went off-shore, but now struggling to learn new accounts and its taking a toll on production and I am having to send more to QA. Anyone else experiencing this? ...

Coding And Relocating Overseas
Feb 09, 2013

Here's a different sort of question. My husband has a dream of relocating to England. His company has an office there, so work for him might not be an issue. Now, this may not come to fruition, (or if it does it might not be for years down the road), but I was wondering if anyone knows if American coders get hired in the British medical system? I'm currently in school and not yet certified. I'm just curious to know if anyone has come across this. ...

Is Nuance Going To Outsource Us Overseas?
Sep 21, 2013

Company I worked for recently outsourced us to Nuance, and now I'm wondering what the likelihood is that they will, in turn, outsource our entire account overseas? Do they pay less to their people who work overseas? Something's in the air recently - just in the past week or 2 - among me and some others on our account, and it just seems weird. We're getting harrassed more, we're getting more major errors marked BY FAR than previously, and some have even been threatened with be ...

OVERSEAS CUSTOMER SERVICE RANT
Feb 24, 2010

I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone trying to update my husband's old Net 10 cell phone to a newer model for his birthday.  All I wanted to do was to keep his current cell phone number and have both it and his remaining almost 500 minutes switched to the new phone.  Should be a problem, right?  WRONG!!!  Obviously the CS person was overseas, most likely India. She kept having computer problems and kept putting me on hold.  Finally after much frustration an ...

Does MedTech Send Work Overseas?
Apr 19, 2010

Does anybody know if MedTech send their work overseas? ...

Is Medical Billing/coding Also Going Overseas?
Aug 03, 2013

gotta be honest, i despise medical transcription - booorrrrring - BUT i still want to work at home. i know coding/billing probably isn't any more interesting, but because i still want to work at home, i'm considering learning it. does anyone have any knowledge and/or experience with it? if so, is it, too, also going overseas? are there any work at home jobs that are not going overseas? ...

Doubling Transcription Staff Overseas.......
Aug 12, 2014

M*Modal Expands its Medical Transcription Operations in Mysore Posted August 11th, 2014 by Mmodal Company charts aggressive hiring plans; to double the staff count to 600 by 2015.    Mysore, August 11, 2014 – M*Modal, a leading provider of clinical documentation services and Speech Understanding™ solutions, today announced it has expanded its existing facility in Mysore. The company has set aggressive hiring plans to ramp-up the center’s headcount ...

Joint Commission SR & Outsourcing Overseas, Sm.
Apr 27, 2015

This is a Must Read. http://www.jointcommission.org/issues/article.aspx?Article=fddvQj8uTBdf1nykmE%2fNC8KiB5mn4Rgtazo2HZz3fmw%3d   ...

Does Perfect Transcription Send Work Overseas?
Apr 19, 2010

Does anyone know if Perfect Transcription sends their work overseas? ...

If All Work Eventually Goes Overseas, How Does That Affect MTSOs?
Jul 15, 2014

It seems it would behoove them to keep the work here unless they will remotely manage. ...

Would You Stay With Your Company If They Started Sending Some Work Overseas?
May 11, 2012

My company has begun, one by one, sending accounts overseas.  We only have one account left being typed by those of us in the US, and I imagine that one is going over there soon.  They lie to us about where the work is going or tell us that there's just not a lot coming in.  But MT's can go into each job typed and also see the amount of work coming in.  It's obvious that the jobs are now being typed by people whose first language is not English.  I'm ...