A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

One company to stay away from is Fast Chart - ANON

Posted: May 04, 2011

One company to stay away from is Fast Chart, but they OVERHIRE BIG TIME, and you cannot make a living, always running out of work, they ask for shifts, but it's a free for all, and they even posted in their newsletter and congats to a VR editor or edited 53,000 lines in a pay period!  Now, tell me how is that possible and maintain 98%, NOT. unless you are glued to the chair with a catheter, and also what about the other eidtors that needed the work!  Letting people work a free for all in staffing is a HUGE mistake, it's always crisis management at Fast Chart, that's why I left, and went with a much smaller company with plenty of work, I took a pay cut, but I wasn't making any money anyway, but am now!  Thank God!  Poor management at Fast Chart, and the owner is really snippy, and does not respond to e-mails at all, and does not like it when MTs complain and threatens to fire you if you do, so you kinda have to be seen and not heard or she''ll make sure you have no work and have to leave, would not recommend them if an MT wants to make any money.        

FastChart - IC with shift??? - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
You're asked for a specific shift but you're an IC--a huge no-no with the IRS and the state labor board.

FASTCHART - FCMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I think the reason that they ask you to submit a monthly schedule is so that they can "prove" that you set your own schedule, but beyond that, you have to work when the work is available. Beyond your "schedule" you are expected to monitor your emails including late at night and be on call to "log in" and clear out the queue when the call is made.

I agree with the owner being snippy. She rarely responds to emails. You rarely hear from her unless she has a complaint. It seems that she only values her workers as her tools, not as human beings.

However, as I understand it, she is not so atypical as an MTSO owner in this industry, with regards to her attitude towards the ICs, and she refers to herself as "the boss", even though it is an IC position.

They do OVERHIRE. TAT and keeping the clients happy seems to be their most important concern.

Also, if you work on EditScript, they throw all of your accounts into one pool and will rearrange the jobs to their benefit, so you never know which of your accounts you will be working on.
In fact, at their whim, they will turn off one account and leave it off while you work on your other account, if it suits them. Does not seem too much like an IC position, does it?

Similar Messages:

Fast Chart Transcription Company
May 29, 2015

I have worked for this company for 6 months, and I am about to quit.  I was reading some posts about Fast Chart Transcription were people said they were getting 7 cents a line with them.  I don't know when that was, but she started me at 3 cents a line.  Not only that, no matter how carefully I reviewed over and over the reports I did, she nitpicked everything and said my QA score was too low, 92%.  I looked at her corrections and it was things like when the doctor dicta ...

Fast Chart - Current Info On Fast Chart
Dec 10, 2011

Anyone have any current info on Fast Chart, good, bad, ugly?  Checked the Archives, not much recent info.  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart - Does Anyone Work For Fast Chart
Mar 07, 2013

Does anyone work for Fast Chart and what can you tell me about them? ...

Fast Chart?
Jun 12, 2010

Any info on this company?   ...

Anyone Know Anything About Fast Chart?
Feb 06, 2011

Anyone know anything about Fast Chart?  Thanks! ...

Fast Chart Or TTS
Aug 24, 2011

I got a job offer from both companies today.  One is for night's with much better pay and the other is during the day with some weekend hours in a month, but really low start out pay.  Not sure which company is better.  I read the posts, but still need a job right now.  Any input would be soooo appreciated.  ...

Does Anyone Have Anything Good To Say About Fast Chart?
Dec 15, 2009

I see a lot of negativity about Fast Chart on previous posts. I was just wondering if there is anything good about this company?? Thanks. ...

MQ Vs Fast Chart?? Would Appreciate Any Input. Thanks.
Jan 06, 2010

x ...

Fast Chart And Fees
Feb 18, 2011

I applied to Fast Chart, tested and then was offered a position.  So, I read their contract and got to the fees section.  I knew they charged a 7.50 fee for not meeting your line requirement, but then there was going to be another fee after you had been there for 90 days.  This fee is calculated using some kind of formula 40.00 - (A/B)*40....A is number of lines you actually transcribed and B is the Line requirement and then there is another formula to calculate edited lines.  ...

Fast Chart - How Are They To Work For
Jul 21, 2011

Does anyone know about this company?  How are they to work for with respect to pay, available work, QA, etc.  Thank you in advance. ...

Fast Chart - Any Information Is Appreciated
Dec 16, 2009

Any information is appreciated on format, pay, etc. ...

Anyone Have Any Info On Fast Chart Medical?
Mar 16, 2010

Anyone have any info on Fast Chart Medical?  Good, bad or ugly.  Thanks in advance. ...

Fast Chart- Anybody Making Any Money With Them?
May 10, 2010

I keep thinking about applying but have heard they have low pay so I wondered if anyone was making a living on that or happy at Fast Chart. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Fast Chart - Is It Possible To Make Any Money Doing Editing For 0.03 A Line?
Feb 15, 2011

Is it possible to make any money doing editing for 0.03 a line?  I was offered a position with them and it is 90-95% editing.  I have never done editing before and am just wondering if it is something that is worth trying.  It is only part-time.  I have been trying to find something, but I am not having any luck.  TIA ...

Another Company To Stay Away From Is
Sep 25, 2012

TransTech.  They will offer you great pay, but when you get going good and fast, they tell you to slow down!!  Beware!! ...

Fast Transcription Is A Polite Company
Mar 22, 2014

I put in an application for a job here a day after it was posted, which was too late because of the good pay they were offering.  I just got an email back saying they had overwhelming response from their ad. Another MT on here said she took the test.   I know other companies do the same, but there are some that do not bother contacting you at all or allow you to take a test, knowing they already have enough applicants. ...

Stay Away From Precyse... Horrible Company!
Jun 23, 2015

nm ...

SITS Solutions STAY CLEAR OF THIS COMPANY!!!!
May 07, 2015

WARNING, WARNING   I worked at SITS Solutions and never got paid for the work I did.  I also had an associate that was done the ssame to.  They give a false address on their contarcts 1016 W Franklin St Chicago but when I called there they had never heard of them. They are Indian based and have no US staff. If you want to work for free it's super opprotunity:)   mtpro ...

It Seems Everytime Someone Asks About A Company They Are Told STAY AWAY.. So Here Is My Question....
Jan 15, 2011

Who do you work for then?  If every company is horrible.. what do you do?  It seems there are no recommended companies anymore, not one.  In that case, it would seem that maybe everyone should start looking for a new career, no? Im not being negative...or mean.  I am just curious.  Where do you go from here when the pay is low, or the company is horrible?   When I first started doing MT work 10 years ago this site was plumishing.  There were a few companies ...

Would You Stay With Your Company If They Started Sending Some Work Overseas?
May 11, 2012

My company has begun, one by one, sending accounts overseas.  We only have one account left being typed by those of us in the US, and I imagine that one is going over there soon.  They lie to us about where the work is going or tell us that there's just not a lot coming in.  But MT's can go into each job typed and also see the amount of work coming in.  It's obvious that the jobs are now being typed by people whose first language is not English.  I'm ...

Need Benefits Fast! Know Of Co That Gives Dental Ins Fast?
Jul 19, 2010

Need benefits fast!  Know of co that gives dental ins fast? ...

If Anyone Has Used Chart Net Before ?
Aug 23, 2012

Just wanting to know if anyone has used Chart Net before and if so, did you like it? Also, is it compatible to Dictaphone ExText platform? ...

Is There A Chart Somewhere That Lists
Nov 13, 2009

what all the different medical coder levels are? CCS, CCA, CPC, etc. What they are, how to get each one, where they can work, how much they make. Any info appreciated as it is very confusing. ...

SOAP Chart
Aug 15, 2011

When you are using a SOAP Chart style, do you every use PHSYICAL EXAMINATION in the headings? I have a doctor that added it in today with his dictations. I have never used it before in a SOAP. Thanks ...

Childs ER Chart
Sep 15, 2011

I'm trying to transcribe an ER chart for a baby and in her Physical Exam part the Dr. says her sallic is what it sounds like??? is normal fontanel is normal.. Any suggestions or anyone have any clue?? I'm fried and can't figure out a simple word ...

What Chart Net Is Like To Use As Far As Speech?
Oct 17, 2012

Can anyone tell me what Chart Net is like to use as far as speech?  I've been thinking of joining MM, but have no experience with Chart Net, and am a little concerned as they are only offering 4 cents a line on speech jobs!  I've also heard that it counts lines at 70 or 75 characters instead of 65 and am wondering if this is correct too?  Thanks. ...

Chart Script
Mar 03, 2014

Does anyone currently working with Chart Script know if it works using a satellite internet connection?  Thank you!!!  ...

Organizational Chart
Mar 12, 2015

Trying to find out who my HDSM's boss is. Anyone know where to find this. My HDSM ignores my emails, and I need answers. ...

STAT Nephro Chart
Mar 10, 2010

She is on peritoneal dialysis.  She does not have an access.  She has an old right AV s/l *brachiostemino* AV graft which was shut down at this time.   Thx!    ...

Psych Chart Use Of Swearing
Aug 10, 2010

The social worker dictates that the patient said, (quote) "Everything is driving me f-ing crazy."  Should I type f-ing or really type out the whole f word in the quotes? ...