A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Our company just started using a voice recognition program - Suzanne

Posted: Jul 11, 2010

Our company just started using a voice recognition program.  Obviously, we get paid LESS PER LINE for reports doing it this way. The way I see it - this is a way to pay MTs LESS than they are worth.  Of course, there is less typing, but with the voice recognition program I use, I feel like it would be faster for me to just type the dang report than make all of the corrections, medical, grammar, etc.

VR - that is the way

[ In Reply To ..]
of the future. Check the VR/Speech Recognition forum for the rest of the horror stories.

VR - GettingUsedToIt

[ In Reply To ..]
When I first started with VR I found it slow going, as well, but once you get the hang of it, it is much quicker. I don't like the cut in pay, either, for VR, but to be fair it takes me a heck of a lot longer to type my way through a nephrectomy, say, than edit my way through a VR report.

I can type faster too! VR isn't up to speed yet. - mrs.krabs

[ In Reply To ..]
I think editing a VR report is worse than straight typing. They have not worked all the kinks out, yet they think we should be paid less because it is not "physical" labor. Well, I think editing VR is both "mental" and "physical" labor, and we should be compensated the same, if not more, for it. The pay cut is not justifiable to me. Our money is going to pay for the "high tech" equipment which isn't all it's cracked up to be.

It's much faster with editing macros and keyboard shortcuts. - NM

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Yes, but we have these tools available for straight - transcription too.

[ In Reply To ..]
So that issue is really just a wash.

Voice recognition - BH

[ In Reply To ..]
The situation with VR becoming the norm reminds me of when they first got personal computers at work for everybody. I did not want to use them. I told my supervisor I would rather type the same letter over and over again using Correct-o-Type rather than learn how to use this computer with a black screen and green letters.

I guess they think the reports will be getting out faster with VR, but some doctors they are never putting on VR even after 9 months of me typing their reports.

Similar Messages:

Transcend Voice Recognition Program Seems To Be As
Jun 04, 2010

bipolar as their managment.  One day it is user friendly, gives good drafts and the next day or later in the same day it pretends it has never heard medical dictation before and goes off on one of its wild tangents of rambling incoherently.  Can't they fix anything in this company? ...

With Nuance's Voice Recognition Program, I'm Never OOW But Its Not MT...
Mar 06, 2014

"For erectile dysfunction, see Alice."  ...

Company Is Going To Be Switching To Voice Recognition
May 13, 2011

My company is going to be switching to voice recognition soon instead of plain transcription and was wondering if anyone has any experience with this and what it is like compared to transcribing.  Was the transition diffficult? What is the usual pay rate? ...

Does This Company Use Voice Recognition Programs
May 08, 2015

Read the boards, I know it is not the best place to work but,,Im with Mmodal, it has to be better than they are.. ...

Speech Recognition And Voice Recognition Considered The Same?
Sep 22, 2010

Speech recognition and voice recognition considered the same? ...

Voice Recognition - Is Anybody Making Any Money At All On Voice?
Jan 12, 2013

I was wondering, is anybody making any money at all on voice?  I keep hearing just minimum or maybe a little more.  I call minimum wage 7.50 to 8.00 an hour.  My experience with it was at one point I was told that I hadn't made enough for minimum and they had to do make-up pay.  So how is everybody's experience with voice?  I run from it, and I just want to know if anybody really can make an money? Thanks. ...

VR (voice Recognition) Pay
Feb 22, 2010

I just saw an ad on line for 03 for VR for IC.  Isn't that low?  I've never done VR so I am curious.   Thank you. ...

Voice Recognition Pay
Jun 02, 2011

I'm infuriated that the quota to keep benefits is the same as it was before voice recognition.   I'm KILLING myself to try to keep up to maintain health insurance and just can't do it.  With 96% plus voice recognition reports and half pay from straight typing, I'm losing health care benefits.  SO UNFAIR!!! ...

(voice Recognition) VR Pay
Sep 26, 2011

Have to learn VR soon.  What if a report comes to you and there were no corrections to be made, does MT still get paid for the lines on the report or do you only get paid for straight typing and then if report has errors you just get paid for those corrections.  Never done VR before and for some reason they make it sound so easy.   ...

360 Voice Recognition
Jun 07, 2013

For those of you who have had to make the switch to 360 VR, how is working for you? Our doctors are starting it this month and of course we are hoping it doesn't go well because we want to keep our jobs as is!  I'm anxious to hear how it's going. Thanks! ...

Is Everything Voice Recognition Now (sm)
Jan 16, 2014

Is everything with M*Modal now voice recognition?  I'm in an area that until now has been doing regular transcription but am just realizing my area is going to be VR in the very near future.  What little VR I have done I suck at.  I can't afford to be paid less than half of what I am making now so I figure I'll be filing for bankruptcy very soon.  How does anyone make money with VR?  Is there a trick to it that anyone could provide?  I sure could ...

New To Voice Recognition....sm
Dec 17, 2014

Could someone please tell me what constitutes "well-trained" speech recognition?  How many corrections, generally, per line would be considered "good?"  Can improvement in speech recognition ever be seen? I am working on Escription, if that makes any difference. Thanks! ...

How Do You Do Voice Recognition Editing?
Oct 31, 2009

Hi:  I worked as an IC for 15 years and then went to work at a hospital for nine years.  There have been layoffs where I work, and I think I will be included in the next round.  I started looking around for jobs at a service again and was shocked to find out how much things have changed.   Now, most of the services do a combination of transcription and voice recognition editing (I had no idea). Can somebody tell me something about VR editing?  How is it done?&nbs ...

Voice Recognition Going Low Rates
Jan 23, 2010

For those using VR or ASR at the going low rates today, do you feel on a fairly difficult account you can make the same amount of money as doing straight transcription.  This is using the DQS system.  ...

Voice Recognition In India
Mar 26, 2010

I'm curious about something and maybe somebody out there knows the answer to this question.  Do the transcriptionists in India do voice recognition or are they regular transcriptionists. In my mind I thin this is what happened to the transcription profession.  Someone thought that if we can get the work done cheaper in India then we should go there.  However those girls won't have as much terminology as the ones here in the states so if we go to voice recognition that w ...

M Modal Voice Recognition
Sep 24, 2010

The company that I am working for is going to go with M Modal VR.  I currently use ChartNet and they are switching to VR.  I have never done this type of transcription before.   For those of you who use it, is it that hard to learn?  I am at this point so tired of learning new programs and I only wish I could retire now.  MT is not what it used to be and I used to love transcription, but I am at this point just burnt out.  I used to make good money working ...

Voice Recognition Systems?
Nov 02, 2010

Anyone out there have experience with voice recognition systems? We are being told our organization is going to transition to this format and we will become "editors". ...

Would Like To Get Some Opinions On Voice Recognition
Jan 12, 2011

I would like to get some opinions on voice recognition.  I've never done it before.  I've heard pretty much negativity about it, and it scares me because it sounds like a lot of companies use it.  Also it really concerns me because I have to make at the very least so much amount of money to pay my bills!  I've done clinic, hospital and at-home transcription.  The at-home transcription was not a good experience.  I actually had to go back to the hospital part-time and work a ...

Voice Recognition Myth #1
May 25, 2011

the myth is that we're teaching it! The stupid thing refuses to learn! If this were a human, he or she would have been out the door a long time ago (and the interview process would have gone something like "Oh, yeah I can do transcription, I was a receptionist at a doctor's office!).  So if there's anyone still concerned about being replaced by this thing, and resenting having to "teach" it, you can start worrying about other things (of which I'm sure you have plenty). ...

Voice Recognition Software
Nov 08, 2011

I was wondering if anyone has ever used any voice recognition software to do your work? I am having problems with my right hand that makes it a little difficult to type like I used to and thought that this would work for me. I could probably also get more lines a day. ...

Companies Who Do Not Do Voice Recognition?
Feb 02, 2012

Can anyone tell me some companies who do not do voice rec?  I hate it!!   Thanks. ...

Question About Voice Recognition
Feb 14, 2012

How does VR know difference between peroneal and perineal? Is there an auto-correct feature on VR that everytime you say (for example) forearm it comes out correctly and not four arm? ...

Voice Recognition - How To Get Productivity Up?
Mar 13, 2012

I am new to VR. I just started a job yesterday and today was my first full day. All I can say is UGH!! How do you do it? Any advice on how to get productivity up is appreciated. Thanks. ...

I HATE Voice Recognition! I Could Just Cry!
Jul 12, 2012

I know this won't help, but I just feel that I have to vent a little before I go on to complete the document. My hands are getting so sick and tired of all the acrobatics they have to perform to do ALL THE EDITING necessary! One after the other without a break! I am literally sitting here ready to cry.  I just want to type! I hate the mouse - and NO! I cannot be "mouse-less" you big shot executives! You try doing this job! ...

Voice Recognition Work? Am I The Only One?
Aug 09, 2012

I have read the horror stories over and over about voice recognition and was literally scared to death to take the plunge and try it. I recently got hired on at a large company where my account is about 50/50. It took a bit of getting used to, but have found that I really can edit faster than I can type, and actually enjoy the break from straight typing. But from all the posts I've read about it, I know many people do not enjoy it. Granted, I hired on at another company a while back, where ...

EPIC Voice Recognition
Aug 28, 2012

Does anyone know if the voice recognition part of EPIC is like eScription?  During the short period of time I had to use eScription, we were not allowed to recast sentences, etc.  I honestly don't know how we are going to handle the ESLs when we move to that platform.  We have been doing straight typing but I have to recast a lot of sentences.  I guess in order to train the VR system I will have to transcribe the ESLs verbatim and those documents will not make a whole lo ...

Editing But Not Voice Recognition?
Sep 17, 2012

When a job ad states it is for editing but not voice recognition, what exactly do they mean? I can't imagine what is different between the two. Sorry if this is a dumb question. ...

Voice Recognition - How Do I Get Experience?
Dec 12, 2012

I would like to get some experience with voice recognition, how do I do this? Thanks in advance! ...

Future Of Voice Recognition
Mar 15, 2013

I was talking to a physician assistant today and she said when she was working in a hospital, she couldn't believe what kind of reports came out when doctors were dictating on voice recognition without having transcriptionists type them up afterwards. Hopefully, things may eventually turn around. ...

Losing My Job To Voice Recognition
Jul 10, 2013

Hello, I have never posted here before but need some advice please.  I have had my own transcription business for 7+ years working for a group of providers who are employed by a clinic.  I have had nothing but praise and appreciation shown over the years regarding my speed and quality of my work.  However, regardless of the preferences of the providers, the clinic is forcing a switch to voice recognition to save money.  They have told me it is due to nothing that I have done ...