A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Shoudn't TSMs know company policy BEFORE sending - rude and condescending emails out? First

Posted: Jul 08, 2013

we're told internet outage is not acceptable reason not to work and to find alternative such as WiFi, etc. in a not so nice tone.  Now we're told this is NOT acceptable (use of WiFi) as according to company policy.  Make up your mind will ya?  This TSM deserves a critical error deduction for misinformation (and the attitude).   Shouldn't they be required to know company policy before taking on their position? 

agree completely - nm - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Internet Outage - WiFi needs connection

[ In Reply To ..]
If your internet connection is down, your WiFi won't work either, will it???? Whenever my IC goes down, I don't have wireless connection either; it needs to grab onto something to work; same with my iPad My cell can work, but that is different than internet connection. Can we transcribe on our phones! LOL. Gawd, this company sucks!

I believe what the OP is referring to is this - nn

[ In Reply To ..]
Is "public" Wi-fi, such as you would find at a library, Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. I had wireless connectivity through Clear, which was "wireless" and used cell signals for connectivity. This was VERY secure, with passwords etc. So there is a difference; however, when "wireless connection" is mentioned, it is all lumped into the same category.

I got this email also. It's not the first and certainly - not the last rude communication from this TSM.

[ In Reply To ..]
Sad, but typical.

I have a different TSM but she is a rude, obnoxious woman. - This company has gone downhill fast

[ In Reply To ..]
Problem is they were already at the bottom of the hill.

It seems like the communication from the powers that be have gotten more and more nasty, the past few months especially. My TSM is outright hostile towards me.

I wish I were qualified to work at McDonald's, it seems like Shangri-La compared to the nightmare that is Nuance.

sm - Miss Information

[ In Reply To ..]
"This TSM deserves a critical error deduction." LOL. I liked that.

Similar Messages:

Company Still Sending Emails.
Aug 18, 2012

I quit working for On-Time Transcription due to VR and lack of income; also the fact they sold to Accentus.  I get emails almost daily where QA is complaining about this or that.  I've replied asking that she remove my email address as I quit and would really appreciate never hearing from this company again.  I've received two more today.  Ugh.  Just shows how they are unable to get things done. ...

Large Company Sending Your Equipment Next Day
Nov 23, 2010

Does anyone know of a legal recourse for work injuries caused by company equipment?  A market leader, at-the-time generous transcription company sent me an old fashioned monitor, which after years of looking at it caused ocular saccades (lateral jitter of eyes).  Also, they downgraded to cheap earphones with a solenoid in them that thumped, decreasing hearing permanently, evidently, in the solenoid fitted side of the headset. I think the saccades are diminished to absent now ...

Sending Resume On Company Apps
Sep 12, 2011

Does anyone know how to send your resume when you fill out the online application at a company's website?  There is the usual blank (tiny window) and to the right of that box it states browse.  When you click on browse it takes you to where your resume is located on your computer, and then instead of actually putting your resume into the app, it just puts where your resume is located.  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to do this.  If someone would be so ki ...

Would You Stay With Your Company If They Started Sending Some Work Overseas?
May 11, 2012

My company has begun, one by one, sending accounts overseas.  We only have one account left being typed by those of us in the US, and I imagine that one is going over there soon.  They lie to us about where the work is going or tell us that there's just not a lot coming in.  But MT's can go into each job typed and also see the amount of work coming in.  It's obvious that the jobs are now being typed by people whose first language is not English.  I'm ...

If Excused Absence W/o Pay No Work Is A Company Policy Why Does The VP Have To Approve/address It?
Jan 01, 2015

x ...

TSMs To The Left Of Me,TSMs To The Right.
Jan 12, 2015

Well, I found out today that some former TSMs were let go.  I thought I'd feel better about one.  I thought I'd giggle and be happy someone stuck it to her for once.  But then I thought...huh, I don't.  I really don't.  Because regardless of how I personally felt about her, she got the job done, and without so much as a blink, she is without insurance or income.  The other?  She was a gem.  She was knowledgeable and hard working, and sh ...

What Exactly Do The TSMs And TLs
Mar 07, 2014

Anyone know what they do while the MLSs are pounding away on our keyboards day in and day out, besides send out ridiculous emails all the time?  ...

If We Have To Be On, Why Not The TSMs?
Jul 04, 2014

I've "worked" just about every holiday, and every time I'm told I have to keep checking back, keep checking back, keep checking back when we've run out of work (even though our new policy says otherwise).  But where is my TSM?  I've gone through a couple of those, too, but each time they are no where to be found on a holiday!  Must be nice!  I am so tired of this crap.    ...

TSMs Being Cut??
Jan 09, 2015

Sorry for anyone losing their job, but fair is fair.  They have taken from the MTs until we are scraping the scum off the bottom of the barrell.  If this company so badly needs to shave costs, let them do so at the expense of other job categories rather than all MTs.  Most companies tend to be management heavy and reductions on that level, whether it be jobs or cutting benefits, reductions in wages, etc. let it happen.  They can't take any more from us.  We all wor ...

So The TSMs Fired/let Go
Oct 23, 2014

If I were an East TSM, I'd have my resume ready.  ...

The Polyanna TSMs
Dec 17, 2014

The la-dee-dah attitude of the e-mail updates makes me cringe! "Keep smiling!" "Let’s do our best to help keep things humming along!" Know this:  Us MTs are NOT "smiling" and things AREN'T been "humming along." Maybe if our concerns were addressed instead of being swept under the rug in the hopes that ignoring them will make them disappear, we wouldn't all be so PISSED today. Get a clue.  JEEZ.                  &n ...

TSMs Are Probably Next. They Can Be Replaced By
May 07, 2015

Good luck. This was the kick in the pants I needed. I'm outa here. Good luck to the rest of you. 2 weeks notice? HA I think not. ...

So If TSMs Are Watching This Board ...
Apr 07, 2013

...they probably realize that it's completely anonymous.  So watching us all agonize over the current situation when just ONE of them could easily come on using a pseudonym and give us some idea about what is going on or give some insight as to how the decisions are being made ... if there is something we can do at this point to help us get on firm ground (or, have the decisions already been made?) would help some of us sleep at night.  IMO, just sitting back and watching us stru ...

Are The TSMs Getting A Bonus For Being Nasty?
Jul 11, 2013

It seems that my TSM gets nastier and meaner every week!  Maybe they offered her a new bonus plan?  ...

Wonder How Many TSMs Are Going To Complain When Their Jobs Are Gone?
Aug 21, 2013

As more and more MTs lose their jobs to offshoring, I don't think the TSMs are realizing that they are becoming expendable quickly too - No US MTs mean no US supervisors. The hospitals and clinics will have to talk to India to complain about their reports, dial 1 for English (sort of) and then hold for the next available representative for the next 20 minutes. I hope I get to see the day when MModal stock crashes. ...

TSMs Fired. Were They All Ambulatory?
Jan 09, 2015

My TSM is still here as of late this afternoon anyway.  Have not seen or heard anything from the company.  Are the one/ones that were let go on the ambulatory side or one of the newer Nuance acquisitions? ...

If We Are Out Of TAT Do TSMs Lose A Bonus Or Something?
Jan 25, 2015

Seems like when we have gotten out of TAT they authorize OT like crazy.  Or do we have penalties to customers for out of TAT work? ...

New TSMs Istruction For Working Thanksgiving. Does This
Nov 21, 2012

told to clock in at beginning when scheduled.  If no work, clock out.  Then it states to check back EVERY 30 minutes.  If there is work clock in and begin working.  When there are no more jobs clock out.  Keep doing this until end of shift.  Isn't this requiring us to be available for 8 hours but unpaid (most likely)?  Doesn't this even go against MModal's current policy on no work available?   ...

How Long Will It Take For These Nasty Spirited TSMs
Sep 24, 2013

to realize that they are being totally played by Nuance and will be next in line to be driven away and finally quit or fired because of lack of work.  Oh how I hope to witness that day when these weasely wannabe corporate ladder climbers get their just reward.   ...

Anyone Relate To TSMs Who Can't Use Proper Grammar And Punctuation?
Oct 28, 2014

I just know KD has NEVER been an MT. ...

Can Anyone Tell Me What The NJA Policy Is?
Jan 01, 2010

I can't seem to find anything on MQ Central.  I just started last week and already have no work.  What am I supposed to do?  I cannot get ahold of manager.  TIA ...

OT Policy
Mar 19, 2011

Let me see if I have this right - I am thinking about going FT and this never applied to me much before.  So if we work overtime we get paid our benefit rate x 1.5 - we don't get paid per line for anything over that.  Correct? ...

What Is The Policy Of NJA?
Mar 23, 2011

For the past few weeks I have been getting NJA all night every night!  I am barely making my hours or money that I need.  Am I allowed to make up some of this time during the day.  I have fixed my schedule so the time I work is the time I have allowed myself with my 3 kids and all the demands of my household.  I really can't work any extra at night.  I barely sleep as it is with getting off the computer at 1 am and putting the kids on the bus at 6:30 am.  I thi ...

QA Policy
Dec 29, 2012

Our company was just bought by MModal.  Can anyone explain to me the 5% policy on sending reports to QA? ...

Possible Use Of New NJA Policy?
Sep 05, 2013

I know this isn't what they intend, but I'm wondering if we need to stick to our schedules anymore.  If we can "make it up" in the same day, is it necessary to wait til our scheduled start time if we usually run out?  I mean, why wait til our scheduled second shift hours if we're afraid of running out?  Can't we get on earlier ("same day") and get whatever is available then?  I'm not saying this is fair to those who are scheduled earlier, but there� ...

PTO Policy
Sep 10, 2013

So help me understand this "new" policy.  Are we taking a cut in what we accrue for PTO?  I have over 15 years with this company and find it hard to believe longevity/loyalty do NOT count.  So as I read it, the person that started yesterday will accrue at the same rate as me?  "full time employees will accrue 0.059 hgours of PTO for each paid hour up to a maximum of 4.62 hours  acrrued in a pay period."  HUH?  Not real clear to me.  So we only get 4.62 hours per pay period?  Havin ...

New NJA Policy
Feb 03, 2014

I would love to know how people are handling this new NJA policy.  As I understand it, if we get NJA during our work schedule, we are supposed to keep checking back for work through our shift.  We are allowed to work at any time up until midnight to get in our hours for the day without approval.  I really think if they have no work during your shift, they should pay your benefit rate for the hours there is no work.  I know some states have this, but mine does not.  It just does not seem rig ...

New PTO Policy???
Jan 21, 2015

Anyone heard when the new PTO policy is going to be rolling out.  I thought they said it would be in January, so does that mean in Nuance time March/April?   Maybe they have to wait until they have "perfected" Fiesa.  This post audit M crap .. I feel soooo sorry for them having problems. My TSM has been on conference calls a lot the last week or so.  Much more so than usual, but getting no info from her.  Anyone else have a TSM that is sharing info? ...

Is It Me Or ? Anything I Am Sending To QA Is Being
Dec 09, 2014

Is this something new? ...

No Work Policy
Dec 02, 2009

Can anyone explain the no work policy?  If you are not in one of those few states listed, does that mean you recieve your state's minimum wage rate for hours missed?  Am I reading this wrong? ...