A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

To the lady that started her own company - Crabby

Posted: May 17, 2010

You know who you are. You even asked questions on this board about setting up an MT company.   You have even stopped answering/reading e-mails, even though I have not harrassed you or have even been nasty.  I would, however, like to get paid.  Your excuses that you are waiting for lines counts from the client and that you will keep me updated is wearing thin.  Surely you must have line counts by now since the work was done in February.  Or is it because you have spelled my name wrong as I had pointed out to you?

You blamed the MTs you hired for not living up to the guarantee you gave to the client that we would produce 1000 lines per MT, per day.  However, had you stopped to do the math, you would have realized that 7 to 10 people on an account that only had 4-5,000 lines available per day, was not going to work.  So we got locked out, with no notice, and the blame put on us.  Every time I logged on at different times of the day, there was no work.

I know the company you subcontracted for is notorius for paying late, however, you should have heeded the advice of others and maybe had money set aside so payroll could be made.  You did make the promise of paying every 2 weeks.  I have yet to see a first check.

The next time you decide to open another business, please keep in mind when you write a contract and sign it, it is binding and can be pursued. 

Is this Angel Transcription company? - yochana

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

Wow.. Yeah when someone stiffs an MT, we would LOVE to know the name so we can avoid them. - Why do we have to learn the hard way

[ In Reply To ..]
I think they should be called out the liars and thieves they are. You always know they get paid but I guess it's a little harder for them to part with the money, even though it was the MTs who did the work and deserved to be paid. Go get em'!!!!

Nope, not Angel Transcriptions - Crabby

[ In Reply To ..]
In all fairness, I will not post the name for right now. I will give her a chance to resolve this issue first.

Angel's - RLee

[ In Reply To ..]
I only did work for this company briefly, and I got paid on time and check was received when stated and promptly.

This her? - Just curious

[ In Reply To ..]
http://forum.mtstars.com/230752.html

Nope, that isn't her - Crabby

[ In Reply To ..]
She is based in Florida and set up a small company that subcontracted from a bigger national.

As I stated before, we got locked out with no notice.

Similar Messages:

I Just Started With A New Company And
Jan 21, 2014

I am totally worn out.  I have never in my life worked so hard for so little money.  They nit-pick everything to death and there are so many pages of instructions that you just can't remember everything.  I don't know how these companies expect us to manage a gazillion accounts, each with different directions, etc., but they do.  McDonald's is looking better all the time. ...

I Just Started Working For A Company With VR
Oct 17, 2011

I started working for a company 2 weeks ago and it's about 99% VR, so I just edit all day.  Sometimes I would rather type it because it would be faster than editing. Other times it is faster to just edit it. The problem is, it is going to take at least the length of the recording to get the job done either way, but with VR I'm being paid only 4 cents a line.  It's the same work for less than half the pay I had before with straight typing. I just calculated up what I made ...

Started Working For A Company 2 Weeks Ago And
Mar 10, 2011

so, what do you think?  I started working with them 2 weeks ago and at first, you have to pend all your work to QA which I have been doing and I haven't heard anything from anyone.  Every other company I have worked with send you QA feedback so you know if you are on track or not.  I am just worried that this place is shady and when it comes time to get paychecks, I will have a hard time. ...

Our Company Just Started Using A Voice Recognition Program
Jul 11, 2010

Our company just started using a voice recognition program.  Obviously, we get paid LESS PER LINE for reports doing it this way. The way I see it - this is a way to pay MTs LESS than they are worth.  Of course, there is less typing, but with the voice recognition program I use, I feel like it would be faster for me to just type the dang report than make all of the corrections, medical, grammar, etc. ...

Would You Stay With Your Company If They Started Sending Some Work Overseas?
May 11, 2012

My company has begun, one by one, sending accounts overseas.  We only have one account left being typed by those of us in the US, and I imagine that one is going over there soon.  They lie to us about where the work is going or tell us that there's just not a lot coming in.  But MT's can go into each job typed and also see the amount of work coming in.  It's obvious that the jobs are now being typed by people whose first language is not English.  I'm ...

Get It Right, Lady! (G-R-R-R)
Nov 10, 2013

One of the attendings just said, "Operator, please go back to the beginning of the dictation and...(etc.)."  Jeez-louise!--is she using a rotary phone and party line?  Although the woman in this photo  http://blog.jimstroud.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/switchboard-operator.jpg DOES kind of look like us...sitting at her work station, thinking about how she just doesn't earn enough despite being a vital cog in a very large corporate wheel... Sigh...& ...

An Eracible Lady
Nov 23, 2010

Has anyone ever heard of a description of someone as erasible (pronounced ee-ras-ible).  I've never heard it just can'f find anything. - The whole setence is - The patient is a very "eracible" lady and has no patience for young punk doctors such as myself".  I'm thinking mean or irritable or something like that, but just not finding anything.   Tx. ...

Has The Fat Lady Sung? 95% Accuracy.
Sep 12, 2011

I had a conversation with my personal physician today.  He was using a laptop throughout the course of my exam. I questioned him as to whether this was EMR. He stated that it was.  His entire practice has converted to EMR in conjunction with front-end speech recognition.  This is the part that knocked me off of my feet--he stated that the physicians in the practice consistently get 95% accuracy in the drafts that present on the screen for them to edit. Note: They are editing the ...

Open Message To The Lady Formerly Known As Kimbelina
Nov 13, 2009

I think you get the award for riling the most feathers with a single message.   I think you were born about 20 years too late. You would have been really good to have at some anti-war rallies I went to.  ...

I Did Go Ahead And Email The Rude Lady And Told Her
Sep 01, 2014

thank you, but I do not think I want to work for someone so rude.  I am glad I did.  Maybe she will consider her actions more thoroughly before sending a response next time.  I sure hope so.  I am glad I did that, too. ...

"Green Lady"
Nov 26, 2010

"Patient was given Zofran and "green lady" for nausea, vomiting. Anyone know green lady? ...

At Your Company, Are Your Company-observed Holidays Paid By The Company?
Oct 07, 2014

I am working at a company who observes certain holidays and we are required to work 4 of them, but this is the first company I have ever worked where I have to use my PTO on the holiday I am supposed to be off.  Does your company do the same?     Thank you! :) ...

How To Get Started
Oct 27, 2009

I have been looking for a MT job since April when I finished my course training with MTatHome out of Texas.  I apply for spots that areposted as open but then get email back saying that they have no openings.  I have been in the Medical profession for 6 years as a CNA and I am getting ready for nursing school in the Fall of 2010.  I am just wanting to know what it will take to get my foot in the door in the MT field and get a job.  If anyone has any suggestion or can help me ...

I Just Started A New Job, And.......
Nov 07, 2009

I just finished my FIRST shift and when I checked my line count I was shocked.  Twice as much as I can do with MQ.  There is something seriously wrong at MQ.  At my new job, my CPL is a little less than MQ but not much. ...

Just Getting Started
Aug 24, 2010

hello-i am considering a change in jobs due to being terminated in may.  i am interested in becomng an MT, but now you guys got me thinking twice about my decision.  I know there are two sides to everyones story.  I'm not looking into making big bucks, at least what i was making at my last job, $25K.  Any suggestions on the best school?  I understand schools are going to say that the MT field is growing, but those of you that have been out there awhile, is it realll ...

How To Get Started As A MT?
Mar 30, 2011

Hello everyone!  I just found this forum.  I currently work part-time as a legal virtual assistant.  My background is in personal injury law and would like to get my feet wet and start medical and legal transcribing.  Would anyone be so kind as to advise how I start.  I already hold a B.A. in political science and do not think I need to go through a AA program.  Bottom line, I am confused and don't know where to begin.  Please help! Thank you!  ...

Looking To Get Started
Jun 06, 2012

I am looking to get started as a transcriptionist. What do I need to know? I have an associates degree (Liberal Arts). I can type pretty fast, and am pretty good at spelling. I am looking for advice on where I should start, or how to start being a transcriptionst. Thank you in advance for your information and advice. Dawn ...

Getting Started
Dec 22, 2014

I am a stay at home mom and I would like to get into MT. I am having a hard time sorting through the abundance of information out there. I have found programs that range from$400 to $5000. Can anyone give me advise about how to properly get schooling and procure a career? Thanks! ...

Has Anyone Helped Someone Else Get Started?
Mar 14, 2010

Hello all!  It has been some time since I have posted here but used to visit quite often.  My daughter-in-law is just about to finish my transcription course materials (she has finished the book work and is working on transcribing the voice files).  She has already started applying to companies, however she is running up against the same issue we have all run up against as newbies "experience required."  I am willing to sign a confidentiality agreement, have her work beside ...

A Saline S/l Well Was Started...
May 12, 2010

doc states "A saline s/l well was started. The pt was given 1 liter of bolus I.V. normal saline... Saline well?? ...

Started My First Job, But It Went Horrible!
Jun 08, 2010

Hey everybody, I just needed to vent a little bit. I started my first day on my first job, and it went absolutely horrible. I was using the Emdat InScribe platform, which seems easy enough, but they have sooo many templates that the doctor should be using and isn't. My first few reports were okay, but then everything went downhill. I'm supposed to use the templates, but half the time, I had to erase 3/4 of them because it wasn't what he was saying. The wrong templates would load, ...

Just Getting Started... Education??
Jun 17, 2011

Hello All! I have recently decided to begin a career in MT, and am trying to weigh my education options. I have a bachelor's degree in Hearing, Speech & Language Sciences, so I'm great with interpreting speech/language and am also pretty good at deciphering English as a second language. I've also worked for a hospital scheduling outpatient testing for the past three years, so I have a bit of a background in medical terminology (still so much to learn!) and the inner workings ...

Wanting To Know How Would I Get Started
Jan 25, 2011

I am looking for a job as a medical transcriptionist.  I like to work through my home.  I am attended college at Kaplan University, so I have not got my degree yet, but I believe I could do the work.  I am wanting to know how would I get started. ...

Started At TT Two Months Ago And
Jun 29, 2011

I never have work!  Second shift is not that busy like I was told it would be.  I am so bummed because I really like(d) the people there.  Now I have to look for work as an IC to make up for having small paychecks at TT.  Please tell me it gets better and this is just the summer slowness as we were told? ...

Training And Getting Started
Sep 08, 2011

I am retired from the accouting/budget field and am interested in obtaining a job working from home in the medical transcription/coding/billing field. How do I get started with training, etc.? Thanks for your assistance! ...

Just Started My Day And Already,,question Please
Mar 14, 2012

The account specs say cc should be mL...However, it says to use the docs template which has cc in there...Go by his template or make it right? ...

Just Started My Shift And Already NJA!!!!
Jun 20, 2012

:( ...

Started My First Day Of College :)
Sep 29, 2012

I just wanted to post that I completed my first week of college. The first day was scary, but by the second day I felt much more at ease. My first class happened to algebra, so wish me luck. I know that I am making the right decision, so I am hoping that I can start counting the days to when I can just give my notice. It is going to be tough, but it definitely is going to be worth it. ...

Started With A New Co. This Week Doing MT. They Are Sm
Jan 21, 2013

STILL out there. And I only sent out about 4 resumes. I am averaging 25.00 an hour TRAINING. I am NOT kidding.  Don't give up just yet. Keep looking. There are jobs out there.  You just need to find them. I would give you the name of this awesome place, but unfortunately, I'm not going to do that just yet. I know I took the last spot they were hiring for. BUT, I'm also having A LOT of family issues going on right now, so if I decide not to go past my training period wit ...

Just Started School For A MT
Apr 05, 2013

I just started going to school (Kaplan University Online) for my Associates in Medical Transcription. From what I am hearing I should change my degree immediately. I have been thinking about changing my degree to Medical Office Management instead. Any thoughts? ...