A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Re: Jobs one can do at home, aside from MT! - (warning--not totally serious)

Posted: Aug 05, 2012

I'm looking for a new job and check on the Craigslist job listings from time to time.  You have to be careful about jobs listed there since some are scams.  I have responded to a few of them when they list the actual company name, and I've been able to research that it's at least a real and reputable business.  I haven't found the right job, so far; but I have gotten a few interviews, so it's a viable option if you're careful.  

Anyway, the jobs on Craigslist have different categories--Office/Clerical, Sales, Legal, Food/Beverage/Hospitality, etc.  One of the categories I check is Medical/Health, and I finally found a job there which I'm unfortunately too old for, but I bet some of you might be able to do: Surrogate Mother!  Aside from occasional trips to the clinic and/or doctor's office, it's certainly something you could do from home!  Laughing

Soooo, just for conversation's sake--would anyone here consider doing this?!!  Like I said, I'm beyond able at this point, so I don't have to be serious about considering it.  Even if I was young enough, though....gosh, I think I would find it to be too risky of a venture, for me!  

Serious Job? - tiredlady

[ In Reply To ..]
Seriously, that's funny! But really, a job as a surrogate mother on CRAIGLIST?? I don't think so. And besides, I don't think I could be a surrogate mother though. Thanks for sharing that post :)

Some of them pay pretty well... like $30K to $40K. - Still, what if once decides to keep the baby?

[ In Reply To ..]
That could be awkward...

I know! I couldn't personally do this.... - (see message)

[ In Reply To ..]
....but I did think it was kind of fascinating! There are actually a couple of companies advertising there--one for surrogate mothers and one for egg donation. Just FYI, they're called "Fertility Miracles" and "Tiny Treasures Agency, LLC."

I haven't done one bit of investigating about this, but thought this was interesting--the surrogate mother job listing says:

THE IDEAL CANDIDATE NEEDS TO:
- be a female, between the ages of 21 and 38
- have had a child before, without complications
- have an overall good medical history
- be height and weight proportionate
- lead a healthy and stable life

The one for the egg donation also gives quite a list of requirements, including what BMI you have to have! This might all be legitimate, but it's just very unusual, to me! BTW, egg donations pay $10,000 per egg!

I suppose this is nothing extraordinary in the medical fertility world, but I was surprised to see it on Craigslist, of all places. Still, some people ARE desperate for money these days!

Similar Messages:

At Home Jobs Other Than MT
Apr 25, 2011

Does anyone know anything about at home rebate processing jobs or taking survey jobs?I keep getting emails about them but you do have to pay out to get started and I was wondering if it was a scam.  ...

Billing Jobs At Home
Feb 13, 2011

Does anybody know of some websites for home medical billers?  I have 4 years experience with a degree and was in search for a home job and cannot find any.  ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Top 10 Work-from-home Jobs On MSN
Oct 12, 2014

I thought 'medical transcriptionist' might be one of them but it wasn't listed, undoubtedly because of the pay.  When I think about the medical-terminology knowledge, attention to accuracy, interpretative skills, diligence, focus, PATIENCE (can you say 'lousy dictator'-!), critical thinking, and--well, you get the idea--involved in our job, not to mention the fact that without our contribution to the medical record, the entire health-care system would coll ...

At-home Customer Service Jobs
Apr 07, 2012

I really want to get away from transcription, but I love working from home. I have heard a lot about customer service reps that work from home. Does anyone know annything about these jobs? I know the pay isn't great, but it is probably more than I am able to make now transcribing. I really want to stay at home and want to look into all options. ...

Medical Coding - How To Search For Jobs At Home
Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

MT Home Course From At Home Professions?
Jan 27, 2010

Any info on the MT home course from At Home Professions?  ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Do You Ever Wonder How Many At-home MTs
Nov 16, 2010

take medication for depression/anxiety disorders? ...

Well, That Hit Home.
Jun 13, 2011

I just did a report that outlined, in great detail, something that my dad went through several years ago.  He died last year and I guess with father's day coming up I am just missing him a lot.  I think that was the hardest report I have ever done!  I stopped in the middle of it and just lifted that patient up in prayer and asked that his family not have to go through what mine did.  I miss my dad!!!! I had to stop working a few minutes early because I just can't st ...

At Home MTs -
Feb 09, 2012

What do your QA people actually do?  I have two jobs, as I've said before.  Both outsource pieces of their work and at both I wonder just what it is that the QA people do?  At both I really wonder how the MT even got their job at all but I really wonder what the QA people do! At the hospital, we send the op reports out, probably 60 a day.  They get done by a company owned by the former Q but they claim they're done in America.  Every day we come in to 50 of t ...

Anything Else To Do From Home?
Nov 26, 2012

Has anyone been successful in finding a non-MT job that can be done from home with benefits?  I'm at 14 years in MT, and just cannot do it anymore.  My daughter was sick this weekend, but of course I can't afford to put her on my insurance with what they charge and what I'm making these days.  This job has turned into a complete nightmare, really need to find something else to do. ...

Working From Home?
Dec 01, 2009

Hello,   Im just finishing up a medical transcription course/certification program with Allied schools, and I was wondering if there are any of you MT's working from home or are most of you working in a hospital?  Also have any of you done the online certifications and if you did how did you get some experience under your belt to help you with the job?  I was a veterinary technician for years, so I sort of knew what I was getting into, but it has turned out to be a little mo ...

HOME MAKEOVER
Dec 07, 2009

Did anyone see the home makeover with Ty Pennington Sunday night?  The makeover was for a medical transcriptionist.  She got a gorgeous house and the bank paid off her mortgage! ...

Something We Workers-at-home Need To Consider...
Jan 21, 2010

when I started telecommuting full time.It finally penetrated my consciousness a couple of weeks ago that every year, when it came time to renew my auto insurance policy, I used to get a call from a local agent, and we'd go over the policy, making sure there were no changes. One of the questions was always how many miles did I drive to and from work each day, along with the current odometer reading, and the estimated number of miles driven each year.I haven't gotten one of those calls i ...

Do Any At Home MTs Miss This...
Feb 09, 2010

I totally miss getting a huge snowstorm (like today in my area, 10 to 14 inches) and being able to call in to work to say "I can't make it in today... the roads are horrible" I am trying hard to concentrate on work today, but all I want to do is call in to work, go outside and build a huge snowman, then shovel a little, and come in and make a huge mug of hot chocolate and watch it snow.   LET IT SNOW!!!! ...

What I Don't Like About Working At Home Right
Mar 02, 2010

now is that I would really love to tell somebody off!! Yes, I know that may sound childish, but this company has put my stress level through the roof, my blood pressure through the roof, and their BS has me so pissed off, if I were in an office where they were I would find great satisfaction in letting them have it verbally, not in writing.  Yes, I would be fired on the spot, but it would be so worth it.  It's just not the same when they don't have to face someone in person.& ...

Working At Home
Mar 09, 2010

Everyone says "I would love to work from home".  Working from home has been having negative effects on me.  I've been doing this for 12 years.  I never used to have anxiety or depression.  Now, I do.  This job is so isolating.  I'm sick and tired of staying home in my PJs.  I try to get out of the house as much as possible, but little trips to the grocery store is not cutting it.  I get depressed staying home all the time.  I lack a social l ...

Work-at-home
Apr 16, 2010

I have finished my training, but I want to work from home.  Will I have to work onsite first before applying with a company that hires MTs to work at home? ...

Anything Better Than At-home Professions Out There?
May 30, 2010

If at-home is really that bad, then is there a better school where I stand a better chance of getting hired after I'm done? Is there some kind of course I could take to get certified so as to fill in the blanks? to teach what at-home isn't? ...

Home Vs Hospital
Nov 01, 2010

Was laid off in April.  Have a couple offers from transcription companies, and one from a clinic which is part of a huge school/hospital system in our area, (which actually is through a temp agency).  There are only 2 full-time NP's and a handlful of part-time NP's.  The hospital job is a 45-minute drive, 1-way, in light traffic.  Pay to start is $13, but if this temp goes to permanent, potential is much greater.  The clinic is open M-F, 8-4, closed holidays.&n ...

ET Phone Home
Dec 02, 2010

Dictator:  The pateint is also on prophylaxis with acyclovir. VR:  The patient is also on prophylaxis with a cycle in the air.  ...

Home Health
Jan 22, 2011

Is home health capitalized by it self or only when an actual name is placed in front of it? ...

At-home MT Courses
May 30, 2011

Hi.  Does anyone know of a reputable at-home MT training course?  I have someone asking me for help on that matter, and I don't know where to refer them.  Thanks!  ...

Coding At Home
Dec 31, 2011

I have been an MT for the past 17 years; I have loved the job but this profession is really going down the tubes as far as pay and keeping up with the cost of living.  I'm interested in coding and specifically Andrews school but I LOVE the flexibility of MT and working from home.  What are the work-at-home options for coders?  From what I have read here, the CCS is important.  Any other helpful info would be appreciated.  ...

Getting In A Rut Working From Home
Mar 06, 2012

Becoming pretty much inactive, get up, login and work. Get off, turn on the TV and lay down or maybe spend a few hours on your favorite website. As far as making meals, they are far and few between because you eat in between working, breaks or just grab something totally unhealthy when you get off. Can go a couple of days without showering, lounging in pajamas, maybe groom and fix up once a week to go out for errands. House hold chores suffer because of lack thereof. My bedroom is a t ...

Home Depot No More!!!
Apr 25, 2012

I found a posting board that listed employees complaints about HD. I'm not going there to work. I don't want to get involved in it. It's very very murky there. I've had enough of that kind of thing with the last MT company I worked for. I wish there was a board to post for each MT company. I would have some things like that to say too. I ain't goin there. There are over 1000 complaints from employees and Lowes isn't any better. Go figure. Still unemployed. ...

How Can I Get An At-home Transcription Job?
Jun 23, 2012

How can I get an at-home job as a medical transcriptionist? I have been applying constantly at online positions and they all require "experience" already. Please help! ...