A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

medical coding - how to search for jobs at home - kris

Posted: Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much

Some suggestions - Aspiring coder

[ In Reply To ..]
I'm not aware of a board for coder jobs. I think the best thing to do would be to check the job listings in your area and get your name on the list for the "future openings" through the websites of the health care facilities where you would like to work. You might also consider a student membership in one of the coding organizations (AAPC, AHIMA) to gain access to their job boards. Attending local chapter meetings would be another way to find out what is happening with jobs in your area. As a new coder, you may want to reconsider working at home for your first job and set your sights on something on-site. I'm a student just beginning my coding modules; it's pretty complex and there is a lot that you need to know. Being on your own at home might prove to be pretty daunting for a new coder. Good luck with your research.

Board for Coding jobs - DoritoCoder

[ In Reply To ..]
There are job boards on AHIMA, AAPC, AMBA, and if you search for Medical Billing and location on Careerbuilder, you will pull up jobs. Also, on Indeed.com, if you search for coder or remote coder, it pulls up jobs.

HIPJOBS.NET is another good source for coding jobs.

I think there are a few more out there. You just have to know where to look. If you are a member of AAPC or AHIMA and you network with other members, they should be able to help you find work also.

Best wishes.

Similar Messages:

Another Good Site To Search For Coding Jobs: Twitter
Mar 11, 2012

Yep, you read that right: Twitter. I have an account and just now I did a search at the top of the page, and you wouldn't believe all the results that came up, local results from different parts of the country posting coding jobs. It's great. So that's just FYI for y'all. ...

Home Coding Medical Insurance?
Jan 28, 2010

Hi Cj, Does your company offer health insurance for its employees that work from home?  Also, I assume remote coders can live anywhere or do they need to be in the state the company is in?  Thanks.         ...

Work From Home Medical Coding Or Editing
Dec 29, 2012

Coding/Medical Billing Jobs?
May 05, 2012

How plentiful are the jobs for coders and medical billers? Currently I am an MT but looking into other career options. Thanks! ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Medical Search Engine?
Aug 24, 2014

Anyone know of a medical search engine? ...

Good Sites To Search For Coder Jobs Besides Monster And Careerbuilder?
Mar 07, 2012

Anybody know? ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Is There A Search Engine That Searches Just Medical Sites?
Feb 23, 2011

I am not sure what's going on of late, but I don't seem to get relevant search results when I use G. I search for a medical word, but get results from sites that have nothing to do with medicine. I end up questioning the credibility of these search results and have to research more. Needless to say, I've been losing money spending so much more time researching words. Sometimes, I just wonder if I could have access to a medical search engine to cut out the non-medical stuff. Anyone ...

At Home Jobs Other Than MT
Apr 25, 2011

Does anyone know anything about at home rebate processing jobs or taking survey jobs?I keep getting emails about them but you do have to pay out to get started and I was wondering if it was a scam.  ...

Re: Jobs One Can Do At Home, Aside From MT!
Aug 05, 2012

I'm looking for a new job and check on the Craigslist job listings from time to time.  You have to be careful about jobs listed there since some are scams.  I have responded to a few of them when they list the actual company name, and I've been able to research that it's at least a real and reputable business.  I haven't found the right job, so far; but I have gotten a few interviews, so it's a viable option if you're careful.   Anyway, the jobs ...

What Impact Will The Electronic Medical Record Have On The Medical Coding Career
Mar 20, 2011

Dear medical coding students and medical coders: I am starting The Andrew's School of Medical Coding on April 1, 2011 and I have I am looking forward to it. I want to ask you your opinions. I was at the dog park with my pug Cruncher yesterday and I was telling my friends that I was looking forward to starting school and one my friends who is an oncologist at NIH was advising me that I should think twice about starting medical coding as a profession because the implementation of the electron ...

Coding At Home
Dec 31, 2011

I have been an MT for the past 17 years; I have loved the job but this profession is really going down the tubes as far as pay and keeping up with the cost of living.  I'm interested in coding and specifically Andrews school but I LOVE the flexibility of MT and working from home.  What are the work-at-home options for coders?  From what I have read here, the CCS is important.  Any other helpful info would be appreciated.  ...

At Home Coding
Mar 29, 2014

Just wondering about the average pay for at home coders. Also, are part-time coding jobs available? What is the speed requirement? Thanks for any info. ...

Billing Jobs At Home
Feb 13, 2011

Does anybody know of some websites for home medical billers?  I have 4 years experience with a degree and was in search for a home job and cannot find any.  ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Top 10 Work-from-home Jobs On MSN
Oct 12, 2014

I thought 'medical transcriptionist' might be one of them but it wasn't listed, undoubtedly because of the pay.  When I think about the medical-terminology knowledge, attention to accuracy, interpretative skills, diligence, focus, PATIENCE (can you say 'lousy dictator'-!), critical thinking, and--well, you get the idea--involved in our job, not to mention the fact that without our contribution to the medical record, the entire health-care system would coll ...

Coding -- Only On Premises Or Also At Home?
Dec 10, 2010

I am an MT (15 years) but lost my job 8 months ago. I am looking into other possible jobs in the medical field. Can anyone suggest good schools for learning coding? Also how long would a course typically run and approximately how much would it cost for school? Would my MT experience benefit me? My last question is, once you have completed your education, do you run into problems then finding a job because you lack "work" experience and are these jobs typically done on the premises or can you wor ...

At-home Customer Service Jobs
Apr 07, 2012

I really want to get away from transcription, but I love working from home. I have heard a lot about customer service reps that work from home. Does anyone know annything about these jobs? I know the pay isn't great, but it is probably more than I am able to make now transcribing. I really want to stay at home and want to look into all options. ...

Med Coding Home Based Business
Jul 14, 2011

Thinking about doing med coding as IC from home.  Can any help me understand what system I need to connect with the physicians pc?  I know physician gives me pass word and I sign Business Agreement, but one company says the program also has to be installed into the physicians pc and that doesn't seem right.  Any help out there? ...

Possible To Finish Coding Course, Then Start Working At Home?
Jul 03, 2010

Is it possible to finish a coding course and then start working from home? I don't want to work in house.   ...

Coding At Home Versus In-house/pay Difference
Jan 18, 2015

Have just made the decision to go back to school (yet again) to get out of this hell hole of MT, even though I have been in QA for a few years. I plan on going to Andrews and testing for and getting as many credentials as I can that Andrews prepares you for right off the bat. I am so used to working from home and really enjoy it.  When starting out, is a national, working from home, the best place to gain experience?  I figure they would be more likely to hire "newbies"?  If so, ...

If I Was Let Go Of A Home Medical Transcription Job...?
Mar 06, 2010

In previous posts I mentioned that I was let go of a home medical transcription job because I didn't produce the "perfect" amount of work that was needed right away... Anyways, as I mentioned previously, I got this home medical transcription job only a month after I graduated from Rasmussen College and was let go just last month. The story was, when she first hired me she said it would take me 6 months to get perfect at my job, then after the first month she told me she needed me to be per ...

Medical Billers AT HOME
Jun 02, 2013

I have medical accounts receivable and payable, does anyone work at home doing billing and WHO do you work for. Thanks :) ...

Medical Transcriptionist Who Wants To Work From Home
Jan 21, 2010

Hi! For a medical transcriptionist who wants to work from home, is the cost very expensive to have the company install their software in my Pc, and is the overhead expensive each month, such as telephone, internet, and electricity?  ...

Work From Home Medical Coders
Mar 30, 2012

Can anyone tell me if there really are "work from home" medical coder jobs out there similar to how MTs work from home, and if so, what companies hire work from home coders?  I have been an MT for many years and need a change.  I have had formal education for coding (I went to and graduated from a college, not an online school) but have had no luck at all in finding a coding job let alone one that actually allows you to work from home.  Any info would be greatly appreciated. ...

Work From Home Medical Billing
Jun 06, 2012

Are there any legitimate work from home medical billing or data entry jobs out there? I've searched and all the ones I find want money upfront. I have six years of medical billing experience and I want to put that to good use. Thanks! ...

Does Anyone Work At Home As A Medical Coder?
Aug 22, 2012

nm ...

Working From Home Medical Transcription
May 21, 2014

I have put together a list of work-at-home companies, some transcription but I tried to not include companies you would already see on this site, and some not.  I cannot vouch for any of these companies but I did get them from 2 different sites that were said to be reliable (i.e., not schemes).  Please reply by email if you would like me to email you my list.   ...