A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Billing jobs at home - In need of job

Posted: Feb 13, 2011

Does anybody know of some websites for home medical billers?  I have 4 years experience with a degree and was in search for a home job and cannot find any. 

Look at the bottom of this web page - aml

[ In Reply To ..]
http://www.medicalbillingandmedicalcoding.com/remotemedicalcodingjobs.html

Similar Messages:

Work From Home Medical Billing
Jun 06, 2012

Are there any legitimate work from home medical billing or data entry jobs out there? I've searched and all the ones I find want money upfront. I have six years of medical billing experience and I want to put that to good use. Thanks! ...

Coding/Medical Billing Jobs?
May 05, 2012

How plentiful are the jobs for coders and medical billers? Currently I am an MT but looking into other career options. Thanks! ...

Jobs For Credentialed Coders Pay Much More Than MT And Billing
Mar 18, 2015

Earlier we were talking about medical billing jobs vs MT. Medical coding jobs for credentialed coders pay much better than medical billing jobs and much better than MT jobs. Billing jobs are usually entry-level. That isn't bad if you want a short-term job while you're getting training for a long-term coding job. A few billers are promoted after years on the job and can make good money. Medical coding jobs start out better and get better over time with promotions and raises. ...

Will More People With Health Insurance = More Medical Coding And Billing Jobs?
Jun 29, 2012

The people I know who will now be getting medical insurance will obviously now go to the doctor when they get sick. It makes sense to me that there will be more coding and more billing, right? That's a good thing for us I think. ...

At Home Jobs Other Than MT
Apr 25, 2011

Does anyone know anything about at home rebate processing jobs or taking survey jobs?I keep getting emails about them but you do have to pay out to get started and I was wondering if it was a scam.  ...

Re: Jobs One Can Do At Home, Aside From MT!
Aug 05, 2012

I'm looking for a new job and check on the Craigslist job listings from time to time.  You have to be careful about jobs listed there since some are scams.  I have responded to a few of them when they list the actual company name, and I've been able to research that it's at least a real and reputable business.  I haven't found the right job, so far; but I have gotten a few interviews, so it's a viable option if you're careful.   Anyway, the jobs ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Top 10 Work-from-home Jobs On MSN
Oct 12, 2014

I thought 'medical transcriptionist' might be one of them but it wasn't listed, undoubtedly because of the pay.  When I think about the medical-terminology knowledge, attention to accuracy, interpretative skills, diligence, focus, PATIENCE (can you say 'lousy dictator'-!), critical thinking, and--well, you get the idea--involved in our job, not to mention the fact that without our contribution to the medical record, the entire health-care system would coll ...

At-home Customer Service Jobs
Apr 07, 2012

I really want to get away from transcription, but I love working from home. I have heard a lot about customer service reps that work from home. Does anyone know annything about these jobs? I know the pay isn't great, but it is probably more than I am able to make now transcribing. I really want to stay at home and want to look into all options. ...

Medical Coding - How To Search For Jobs At Home
Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

MT Home Course From At Home Professions?
Jan 27, 2010

Any info on the MT home course from At Home Professions?  ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

MT/Billing
Sep 04, 2011

Has anyone out there pursued their medical billing degree along with their MT degree? I am currently studying for my RMT exam and am seriously considering getting my Medical Billing credentials, as well. I thought it might be a good back-up plan in case I had difficulty obtaining work in the MT field. I also thought it might make me look more versatile, overall, if I had an education in billing. I am not planning on taking any coding courses. I would greatly appreciate all feedback. Thanks. ...

Does Anyone Just Do Billing?
Sep 21, 2012

Hello, can you tell me if anyone here just does Medical Billing and not Coding, and if so is there a good online school for that and does it pay well? ...

Billing/coding
Apr 20, 2010

has anyone thought about or actually made the swith from mt to billing/coding? ...

Coding/Billing
Jan 11, 2011

Anyone know if MedQuist has coding/billing jobs and would hire a new grad from CareerStep?  Thanks!  ...

Billing Change
Jun 13, 2011

I'm now transcribing directly into the EMR for my client now, and therefore, cannot charge by the lines anymore. The only thing I can think of to do is charge by the megabyte.  I would put the whole billing period of voice files in one folder, click properties, and there would be my total megabytes for the billing period. I played 8 voice files that added up to 27.81 minutes and 2.95 mg of voice files so it seems safe to assume 1 mg = 1 min of dictation. At $1.85 per me ...

Billing Vs Coding
Apr 05, 2011

Quick question - medical billing and medical coding are two totally separate entities, right?  Meaning, you have schools for billing and schools for coding or schools that teach coding OR billing.. Just had a discussion with someone regarding this and I would like to have my facts straight ... thanks everyone!!!   There are billing jobs and coding jobs, but the two shall never "meet", right? ...

Billing And Coding
Apr 11, 2011

I have a stupid question.  When I finished my MT course with Allied Medical School, I then found out they are NOT (federally) accredited, they do not assist you in finding positions, and they do not assist in helping you become certified.  In other words, I felt that I wasted all of that money.  As a newbe I was unable to find a job.  I started apprenticing with a company, paid their $500 fee for software, and after 8-9 months, found they had changed their name.  Apparently, they were getti ...

Looking Into Coding And Billing
Sep 30, 2011

I have been an MT for 20+ years and now looking into coding and billing... Would you recommend it? I am considering this, but looking for some words of wisdom prior to making a decision. I see Career Step offers the program, but not familiar enough with Career Step to know if they are a reputable. I have been told that coding is on its way out like transcription and not to waste my time, but only heard that from one person so far.  Anything you can share with me would be great! Thanks :) ...

MEDICAL BILLING JOB
Nov 03, 2011

MEDICAL BILLING JOB Medical Billing is now world’s fastest growing demand in medical field. Medical carrer is right career for those job seekers who are willing to work in medical field. Our site will provide lot information about medical billing and coding to start successful medical career Medical billing is very responsible career for this professional because life of patient related with this. The Professional must have sound knowledge in medical terminology and medical coding a ...

Medical Billing?
Jan 24, 2012

I just hung up with an acquaintance in CA who is a professional placement consultant.  I explained to her that after 25 or so years in MT, the writing is on the wall and I need to get OUT. She had some good suggestions for me and asked me if I knew MEDICAL BILLING, i.e. insurance stuff.  She said that she knows a few people doing it from home and that they are "making a killing."  Knowing that Andrews has a good reputation, I did an online search but it appears that Andrews only ...

Physicians And Billing
Feb 02, 2013

I see a lot of my clients as a patient. I have health insurance, which states that they accept a certain payment from that insurance as full payment. However, certain clients do balance billing, which is illegal. Balance billing is basically billing you personally for the amount over what they accepted as payment from that insurance company as an in-network physician. If this were not my client, I would refuse to pay; however, since they are my clients, I have no choice. How would they feel if ...

No Coding Or Even Billing Job Yet
Oct 30, 2014

It has been almost 8 months since I passed my CPC on first try. I have been in MT field for more than 14 years, and yet nobody is ready to give me a job based on that. Everyone says u dont have a coing xperience. Is anybody else suffering like me out there? I am slowly losing hope that I will ever be able to leave this field. ...

Medical Billing Or Rad Tech
Mar 26, 2010

im 48 and need to get out of MT altogether, i cant afford to make it in this economy.  Im going to be moving in with a friend for a while to rebuild and want to take some classes. I do not have a degree of any kind.  What do you think would be the fastest route to at least make above 40 grand a year?  The medical coding or the a rad tech of some sort?  Even thought about occupational therapy but that program may take more than 2 years.  I need something within about 18 ...

Coding Versus Billing
Apr 14, 2010

Can anyone explain the difference between coding and billing?  Do coding credentials apply to billing too? ...

Billing And Coding With MT Background
Jun 15, 2010

I have a background in medical transcription however I am unable to sit in the same position (foot pedal - headset - typing) for any length of time.  I broke my neck many years ago and didn't know when I was in school that this was going to prevent me from doing this career on even a part time basis and after graduating with high honors and having great employee/employer relationships. I am wondering if it is feasible to do billing and coding with medical transcription in a home offic ...

Information On Billing/coding
Aug 30, 2010

I had a friend suggest I access this webiste for possible information on Medical Billing/Coding training.  Do you have any suggestions on where to obtain training and certification for Medical Billing/Coding.  There are 2 of us that would be interested in this and then to move onto the Medical Transcriptions.  We would both like to work from home and spend time with our children.  Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your assistance. ...