A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

At-home customer service jobs - sm

Posted: Apr 07, 2012

I really want to get away from transcription, but I love working from home. I have heard a lot about customer service reps that work from home. Does anyone know annything about these jobs? I know the pay isn't great, but it is probably more than I am able to make now transcribing. I really want to stay at home and want to look into all options.

At home customer service jobs - greyhound mom

[ In Reply To ..]
I think you have to be very careful with some of these ads that you see. I am sure you know this, but don't pay anything to anyone for a job. Some of the jobs pay you per phone call, so you really don't make much. Maybe in the future, they will have more of these jobs available, but legitimate.

LiveOps and Working Solutions are 2 legit companies. nm - check them out

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Alpine Access also. - nm

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Similar Messages:

Customer Service Calls
Dec 20, 2010

I got this email from my friend.  I didn't know you could do this and have read a lot about customer service calls here so though it was interesting to post.    I want to ask each of you to consider doing  the following when you are talking on the phone to any US customer  service representative that is based in a foreign country (like  India ).  I have done this twice and it works!  Any time  you call an 800 number (for a credit ca ...

Customer Service Representative
Jul 09, 2012

Just to let everyone know there has been an opening for awhile now for Customer Service Representative that pays about twice minimum wage, so if some of you are sick of typing and making very little, I would apply for this job. ...

OVERSEAS CUSTOMER SERVICE RANT
Feb 24, 2010

I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone trying to update my husband's old Net 10 cell phone to a newer model for his birthday.  All I wanted to do was to keep his current cell phone number and have both it and his remaining almost 500 minutes switched to the new phone.  Should be a problem, right?  WRONG!!!  Obviously the CS person was overseas, most likely India. She kept having computer problems and kept putting me on hold.  Finally after much frustration an ...

How Much Do You Think A Customer Service Position In A Hospital Pays On Average?
Nov 16, 2010

I am done.. I cant do this MT thing much longer.  It has killed my soul!  Im tired of feast or famine and no job security... no benefits... I have been applying for every job that pops up in the paper and online.. and I got a call back for an interview for a customer service position.  I wonder if this would pay much.  I guess it is good to get my foot in the door... , as I do plan on taking a medical coding class as soon as I can decide between Andrews and the AAPC course, ...

At Home Jobs Other Than MT
Apr 25, 2011

Does anyone know anything about at home rebate processing jobs or taking survey jobs?I keep getting emails about them but you do have to pay out to get started and I was wondering if it was a scam.  ...

Re: Jobs One Can Do At Home, Aside From MT!
Aug 05, 2012

I'm looking for a new job and check on the Craigslist job listings from time to time.  You have to be careful about jobs listed there since some are scams.  I have responded to a few of them when they list the actual company name, and I've been able to research that it's at least a real and reputable business.  I haven't found the right job, so far; but I have gotten a few interviews, so it's a viable option if you're careful.   Anyway, the jobs ...

Billing Jobs At Home
Feb 13, 2011

Does anybody know of some websites for home medical billers?  I have 4 years experience with a degree and was in search for a home job and cannot find any.  ...

At Home Transcription Jobs
Aug 11, 2012

I am a medical transcriptionist with 26 years experience.  The company I currently work for (for the past 8 years) is phasing out long-distance teleworkers.  There are so many companies out there.  Can someone give me advice on which ones are the best to work for?  Your help is much appreciated.   ...

Top 10 Work-from-home Jobs On MSN
Oct 12, 2014

I thought 'medical transcriptionist' might be one of them but it wasn't listed, undoubtedly because of the pay.  When I think about the medical-terminology knowledge, attention to accuracy, interpretative skills, diligence, focus, PATIENCE (can you say 'lousy dictator'-!), critical thinking, and--well, you get the idea--involved in our job, not to mention the fact that without our contribution to the medical record, the entire health-care system would coll ...

Medical Coding - How To Search For Jobs At Home
Jul 21, 2010

Hello, I am a MT and wanted to also do coding, could you please tell me how to search for jobs at home once I am done with school ??  Does anybody have a board for coder jobs thanks so much ...

Remedy Self Service Portal - Is That The Same As Qcare Self Service?
Apr 06, 2012

x ...

Received Email From Customer Support Services S/m
Nov 11, 2009

stating "a new incident has been created for you # Description DQS user - QA rule What the heck does this mean?  There is no more information on the email.  Oh brother!  Its probably bad :-(   ...

WT* Received The Personalized Email About Blanks To Customer.
Nov 15, 2010

I got the email informing me that I am sending an average of too many blanks to the customer. I do my best job, use my 20+ years of experience, use every possible resource, do not type in a doctor's name in the body of a report that I cannot find in the database and the doctor does not spell and is not a run-of-the-mill name, leave a blank for anything that could get me in trouble with HIPPA if I am mistaken or could compromise patient care, QA can't get 90% of what I submit. I wonde ...

High Quality, Cost Effective And Customer Focused - Words That Spell Exploitation. . .
Nov 06, 2011

Am I the only one that feels this way??? Tell me, please, how do they expect us to make a living when they are paying squat to keep their cost of service down?? T ...

Just Another Vent About Jobs, No Jobs, Requirement Of Jobs, Etc.
Aug 18, 2010

It is insulting to all of us with the way that MT pay has gone down the drain, it is frustrating and aggravating to look for a "decent" job these days, trying to work out which companies will treat you fairly, which ones lie about their platforms, work, etc., and not only do these companies not want to pay us what we are worth but now I see that MANY companies are requiring the MT to have or "be willing" to purchase hundreds of dollars worth of equipment.  If an employer can PROMISE IN ...

MT Home Course From At Home Professions?
Jan 27, 2010

Any info on the MT home course from At Home Professions?  ...

Medical Jobs Online Posting On Jobs Board
Dec 09, 2013

Kind of wondering if this last job posting on the jobs board might be associated with one of those "you pay us to find you a job" type of organization.  I googled Medical Jobs Online and found nothing stating that are a legitimate MTSO :( ...

Where Do I Find The Status Of Jobs And Number Of Jobs?
Nov 26, 2012

I tried entering my ID plus dep on the Fluency for Transcription page and it said my account was inactive.  Okay, so I tried twice with Remedy to get it reactivated.  Both times I got emails telling me it was working.  Tried again and no luck.  Am I on the right page, the one with the hideous orange splash, the same one we use to find our stats?  Any help appreciated, I really don't want to have to call tech support if I don't have to.  Do I even need to d ...

Cardiology Service?
Dec 03, 2009

or cardiology service?  The pt was seen by the cardiology service.? ...

WBG Transcriptions Service? Any One Know Them
Jan 17, 2010

NM ...

WBG Transcription Service...Anyone Know Anything About Them?
Jan 21, 2010

Does anyone know anything about this company? ...

Okay, I Am Bugged. Is Anyone Else In Service
Feb 07, 2010

Our CCM was begging people to work OT to clean up all of the files we were behind.  Now, I am on my regular shift and am getting an NJA!!! Is anyone else getting this?  ...

DTS Transcription Service
Mar 03, 2010

I was sent a link to test for this company and was absolutely floored!  I did the application form portion of the test and then was directed to the screening process, which was a series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions (10 minutes it took to complete).  After completing that I thought I would be directed to the transcription portion of the test, but no - I was directed to another series of multiple choice and fill in the blank questions totalling about 30 mi ...

Ace Transcription Service
Apr 12, 2010

Has anyone had any experience with Ace Transction out of Dallas, Texas.  There ad states work own hours from home.  ...

Personalized Service
Aug 09, 2010

Ugh, don't want to sound like a massage service, "We offer that personal touch" (wink wink). I'm just daydreaming, I mean brainstorming: How to beat the MTSOs, even on a small, micro-business scale. What does a typical doctor in his or her typical practice need as far as medical documentation? How can we do that better than an MTSO, or even self-serve EMR? The lady who mentioned in another post having a typing speed of 200 wpm, "fast as someone could talk" (wow) made me start thinking ...

QCare Self Service..Anybody Know?
Sep 01, 2010

I just got an email this morning that we are supposed to start using the Qcare self serve.  I got an email a couple weeks ago saying it ws coming, but nothing more until today.  Anyone know where to find it or use it.  Help would be appreciated.  thanks.   ...

Q-Care Self Service
Sep 06, 2010

Tonight is the first night that need to use the Q-Care self service for no jobs and I feel stupid for asking this, but where do you find the Q-Care?  I have emails talking about it, but have no idea where it is located.  Is it located in MQ Central?  Thanks ...

XP And Service Pack 3
May 17, 2011

Does anyone know if you can still download SP 3 for XP Professional?  I had heard MS wasn't supporting it any longer.  I need a new computer but company's software doesn't work with Windows 7...or so they say.   ...

Trinity M & D Service, Inc.
Oct 08, 2011

I have been contacted by the owner of this company through MTstars to possibly do some transcription and editing work for them. She seems like a really nice lady, but at this would only be my second transcription job, I am naturally weary of potential scams etc. Any suggestions on how to ensure that this is legit? She sent me some examples of their work (orthopedic exams, a fair amount in the SOAP format) that all seem on the level, and has offered $1.50 per page starting for transcription, $0 ...

Which Fax Service? Not MyFax Either!
Apr 03, 2012

i am looking to replace MyFax.com service with another online fax service. Any recommendations? Today there is a message when dialing my fax number that my number is not a working number and I have received 2 calls from offices today asking what's up? I'm sure that looks real professional. MyFax could have put out a blanket email letting customers know that their service was down......again. A couple of months ago, same thing. Outage on their end with no notice. ...