A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

65-char. with spaces excluding blank lines - TY

Posted: Dec 06, 2010

I was offered a job by The Transcription Doctors, Inc. with the pay being 8cpl or 3cpl for editing, 65-characters with spaces excluding blank lines.  My question is ... Is the excluding blank lines part normal or is that super cheap of them?  I know 3cpl for editing is already cheap...Do most companies include even blank lines?  I hope someone knows...Thank you.

No, you do not get credit for blank lines - see message

[ In Reply To ..]
There are no characters on them, therefore no count. Be glad you are getting paid for spaces, a lot of companies are starting not to pay for them either.

Similar Messages:

5 Cpl/43 Vbc Only = About 6 Cpl/65 Char W/spaces...sm
Apr 16, 2010

and the explanation is that they are trying to compete with other companies who pay their MTs 2 cpl.  Has anyone seen any companies who pay 2 cpl?  sad, sad, sad... ...

Lines/spaces Question
Apr 11, 2013

I do not get paid for spaces and I am wondering how many more lines per day I would get if spaces were included.  If I type 1200 lines without spaces included in the line count, what would be a rough estimate on how many that would be if spaces were included? ...

Lines Based On Characters With No Spaces, Throughts?
Jul 19, 2013

I just got a transcription job and am being paid with Word Count characters without spaces. I was told I would be making 9 cpl but when I figure out the spaces, it's around 7 cpl. Your thoughts on this please. Thanks. ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

Ine Count Program That Works With Word And Doesn't Count Blank Lines?
Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? ...

Employee Paid Per Char Per Line?
Nov 16, 2012

Hey all, I was wondering if any of you have ever heard of being hired as an MT on an employee basis and being paid on a character per line instead of hourly basis?  with no benefits.   Thank you for any input....I appreciate it! ...

10 Cpl With No Spaces, Is That A Good Wage Or No? I Have Always Been Paid With Spaces, Thx, Nm
Jun 03, 2011

nm ...

Does Anyone Know What 0.08 Line Without Spaces Equals Out To With Spaces?
Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Is It True That FOCUS, Only Counts Half Of Your Lines When Calculating VR Lines?
Jan 30, 2012

if you make 4 cents per line at 1000 lines a day, they really calculate it at 500 lines per day x 4 cents, making it really 2 cents per line for the full 1000.   I heard this, and I am really interested in knowing if it is true. ...

Told Nuance Was Overcharging For Lines, Now Lines Drastically Reduced
May 02, 2012

My main account was a good one, and the lines were very good, mostly ER work. I have been on this account for over a year and a half now. We recently received an e-mail stating that Nuance had discovered that the line count was charging incorrectly, as instituted by them, and they had been crediting us with MORE lines than we were actually doing and overcharging the client. Now get this, they informed us that they would not make US pay it back, for their mistake, but that our new lines would re ...

TransTech Lines - Required Hours But Are Short Lines?
Jun 10, 2011

What do you do when you have the required hours but are short lines? I got an email that I need to "make plans to have my shortage made up." The only problem is that I'm up to date with my hours for the pay period so far. The other problem is that I have plans Saturday night and Sunday (both being my scheduled time off) that don't include TransTech. It's getting harder and harder to defend this company when they can't hold up their end of the agreement and continually ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average During The Day/week?
Jan 19, 2011

Just wondering if the TT MTs would like share ... how many lines do you average during the day/week?  I'm doing about 9,000 to 10,000 a week and wonder if I should be pushing myself more.  How much of your count is VR?  I do probably 15% traditional and 85% VR but that, of course, varies week to week.   ...

Custom Lines Versus Standard Lines
Jan 08, 2013

Which do you use - custom lines - 65 character lines with spaces or standard lines - seems like so much more for standard lines????   Cathy ...

HELP QA Pay By Blank???
Jan 05, 2011

Hi, I have been speaking with a company who will be hiring me for transcription.  They pay good rates and I asked them about the possiblity of job progression and eventually working as QA.  They said that QA pays by the blank... how is that even possible?  Ive seen being paid by the report, by the hour, or  by production (by the line)... but I have no idea how the QA staff make good money only getting paid for the blank.  any ideas?  Amy I missing something?  ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

TransTech Lines - How Many Lines Do You Average Per Day
Jul 13, 2011

How many lines do you average per day - VR and traditional?  I know it's been VERY slow lately, but when things are going well, how many lines do you normally get? I'm trying to figure out where the average numbers are.  For me, I do about 350 trad and about 1400 VR in 8 hours. Well, my timesheet says 8 hours, but my clock says that number MAY(!) be a little higher.  Again, these are numbers I pull when things are going well and I'm not waiting for work to download. I'v ...

Blank Moment
Oct 19, 2009

in this sentence is english capitalized? I am totally blank at the moment.   The patient is an 81-year-old white female who does not speak english. tia. ...

Basilic....blank
Oct 29, 2009

The basilic subtercutaenous stairway was capillary protected and preserved... Thats the best I can hear...any ideas? ...

Medication Blank
Sep 16, 2012

Medication s/l as Clobetatrol substance mixed with water, pl help.     ...

Help!! My Blank S/l Skida Dog
Sep 26, 2012

Needle was removed slightly, redirected superiorly until the tip made bony contact at the eye of the _____ at L4 ...

Blank S/l And Bodyness?
Jan 05, 2013

EXTREMITIES: There is only mild warmth __________ in her joints. I do not see rheumatoid flare in her hands. Her large muscles all in the hand are tender. She hurts just about everywhere. ...

Report Blank
Jun 20, 2013

????  If I leave a blank in a report, send it to QA and even they can't figure it out, does that blank still count against me? ...

Those Who Are On No Blank Status - 100% QA?
Jul 31, 2013

What platform do you use? Was your company absorbed by Nuance?  I'm from Webmedx, work on the Enterprise platform.  We have 2 blanks allowed and no 100% QA .     ...

Has Anybody Left A Blank
Mar 08, 2014

on a test and still got hired?  Not sure if okay to leave a blank but have relistened so many times and can't make it out and don't want to guess. ...

Is This Blank Challenge Over Yet?
Oct 13, 2014

So sick of the emails. I really do not care what number our "team" is in, I know no one on the team anyway. If they want to reduce blanks there are better ways - talk to the dictators like they promised years ago, improve the audio, improve ASR, yada yada yada. But no. Blame the MT instead. Silly contest. All it did was encourage folks to guess in order to win a pittance gift card. Hopefully they will keep the 99.5 expectation, the only good thing that came of this supposed fiasco. ...

Look At Our Blank Winners!
Oct 17, 2014

I can pick out at least 3 in that list that I know for sure just guessed.  I've QA'd their work and it's horrible.  Way to promote accuracy MM!  You know what would get those blanks down?  Educating dicators, fixing sound quality, keeping MTs in their primaries.  Nevermind, that won't work; it's the MTs that need to improve, obviously.  MM is run by complete boneheads. ...

Did My Blank Math
Apr 04, 2015

I was consistently going over the metrics for blanks being submitted to the client and decided to keep track of why I was sending those blanks.  It turns out that 77% of my blanks are due to either discrepancy or audio issues; blanks that I am positive nobody could fill in.  77%!  These metrics either need to be done away with or adjusted for doctors that don't take the time to not be idiots.  The most common discrepancy is incorrect age or something else that I can fill ...

My Mind Went Blank........s/l Eye Cap....medication
Mar 03, 2010

. ...

How Long Do YOU Spend On A Blank?...
Apr 30, 2010

One of the team leads sent an email out emphasiziing the importance of exhausting all resources before leaving a blank.  I feel like I do.  Just curious, how long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to spend researching a blank?  I say 3-5 minutes max.  After all, we are paid on production.  ...