A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

blank moment - mt3

Posted: Oct 19, 2009

in this sentence is english capitalized? I am totally blank at the moment.

The patient is an 81-year-old white female who does not speak english. tia.

I always capitalize English - Babs

[ In Reply To ..]
It either means the language or a referring to people/person from England. :-)

Similar Messages:

AHA Moment
Apr 19, 2010

Well it's amazing when you have an AHA moment, but this one not so much.  I have hated this job for many, many months now and continue to dred working every day which hey is 6 out of 7 days a week...woohoo!!! I have just recently started seeing a therapist for issues with myself, mostly I think low self esteem that I thought was dating way way back in the day and I wanted to get better so my kids wouldn't learn certain behaviors from me.  All of a sudden this morning, I am cr ...

Having A DUH Moment, Please Help, Please (sm)
Jan 13, 2011

Physician dictates ... "Well-nourished, well-developed, S/L afferable male." I KNOW this word but my mind has gone blank. Thank you in advance!!! ...

Another What Would You Do Moment
Dec 18, 2013

Have a doctor that doesn't like to dictate the . (point) in his cardiac sizes like 2.5 stent, he dictates 25. All his measurements are like that, I am a fan of you get what you give any thoughts? ...

I'm Having A Senior Moment.
Mar 10, 2010

How do I get rid of the demographics at the top of my screen in DQS?  I know there is a way you can make that whole area disappear so you can see more of your typing screen....I just can't remember how!   Thanks! ...

Am I Just Having A DUH Moment? S/l Mackle
Jan 12, 2012

I can't imagine that after 10 years of transcription I haven't heard whatever this is when he says it so nonchalantly as if I should know it, but I have no idea what he's talking about and so am wondering if this is something simple and I'm just sitting here like DUUUUUH... for no reason. This is on a patient who is being discharged after back surgery, laminectomy, diskectomy, decompression, arthrodesis, etc., and doc says: "...was transferred to the Neuro Critical Care Uni ...

Doctor Having Duh Moment
Jan 14, 2015

Dictated "the patient is 3  years old and is an identical twin; her twin  is 3 years old."  Duh, you think?  You can't make up this stuff.  All that medical schooling sure helped. ...

I Need A Moment To Vent...
Jan 21, 2015

I usually cannot complain too much about the ASR on my accounts.  I am one of the very few lucky ones....I know.  However, this is certainly not the case today!  OMG...I think I'm going to have a coronary.  The ASR is making up stuff kind of like autocorrect on your smartphone.  We are not allowed to guess on painfully obvious things...why in the *&%^%% does this ASR think it should fill in gaps.  Yes, some physician somewhere might have completed the sente ...

An Awww Moment
Feb 11, 2015

I was feeling really crappy about a report that took me forever to get through because the dictator was so terrible, not to mention I was already feeling down because I am already on 100% QA for failing a recent audit, so I knew they were really gonna tear me apart.  I was almost too afraid to look at it after QA, but it turned out not to be so bad, and they even commented on how bad it was and that I did a good job with what I had to work with.  It's the little victories nowadays ...

Join Me For A Moment Of Happiness
Mar 05, 2013

Close your eyes and imagine what would happen if all American MTs went on strike and refused to do VR anymore, and the hospitals got the reports in their unedited glory. I'd say there'd be a panic in the hospital like this country hasn't seen since the stock market crashed in 1929.  ...

A Smiley Face Moment
Nov 20, 2014

Typed a friendly, clear, efficient doctor on an account I have never heard of before and will probably never have again, but he was dictating on a "pleasantly demented woman" and exam was "a little difficult" due to the fact that she "sang throughout the entire exam." It just made me smile to think of the elderly lady sitting there singing while he was trying to listen to her heart and lungs. I'll take whatever smiles I can get these days...   ...

A Light Moment...I Was Called To Work OT..
Jul 14, 2013

today.  She left a phone number with me to contact PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, if you can work.  They are in a bind.  Well now, I said I could work a little while but I haven't been an employee for quite a while.   YEAH, They still prove how organization should work, yeah?!!!!!!!!!!!!lololololol ...

A Toast: Let Us Have A Moment Of Peace And Tranquility
Mar 13, 2014

on this board.   I am buying the first round. ...

Remedy Login - Help For A Senior Moment
Aug 04, 2014

Can someone please help me remember how to get into Remedy?  I have a severe case of the Monday mornings right now, and I have misplaced my cheat sheet with my 1000 ways to get into my work computer.   Thanks in advance!   ...

I Have An Ah-ha Moment. All Night Shift Workers Should Send An
Dec 23, 2010

x ...

HELP QA Pay By Blank???
Jan 05, 2011

Hi, I have been speaking with a company who will be hiring me for transcription.  They pay good rates and I asked them about the possiblity of job progression and eventually working as QA.  They said that QA pays by the blank... how is that even possible?  Ive seen being paid by the report, by the hour, or  by production (by the line)... but I have no idea how the QA staff make good money only getting paid for the blank.  any ideas?  Amy I missing something?  ...

Basilic....blank
Oct 29, 2009

The basilic subtercutaenous stairway was capillary protected and preserved... Thats the best I can hear...any ideas? ...

Medication Blank
Sep 16, 2012

Medication s/l as Clobetatrol substance mixed with water, pl help.     ...

Help!! My Blank S/l Skida Dog
Sep 26, 2012

Needle was removed slightly, redirected superiorly until the tip made bony contact at the eye of the _____ at L4 ...

Blank S/l And Bodyness?
Jan 05, 2013

EXTREMITIES: There is only mild warmth __________ in her joints. I do not see rheumatoid flare in her hands. Her large muscles all in the hand are tender. She hurts just about everywhere. ...

Report Blank
Jun 20, 2013

????  If I leave a blank in a report, send it to QA and even they can't figure it out, does that blank still count against me? ...

Those Who Are On No Blank Status - 100% QA?
Jul 31, 2013

What platform do you use? Was your company absorbed by Nuance?  I'm from Webmedx, work on the Enterprise platform.  We have 2 blanks allowed and no 100% QA .     ...

Has Anybody Left A Blank
Mar 08, 2014

on a test and still got hired?  Not sure if okay to leave a blank but have relistened so many times and can't make it out and don't want to guess. ...

Is This Blank Challenge Over Yet?
Oct 13, 2014

So sick of the emails. I really do not care what number our "team" is in, I know no one on the team anyway. If they want to reduce blanks there are better ways - talk to the dictators like they promised years ago, improve the audio, improve ASR, yada yada yada. But no. Blame the MT instead. Silly contest. All it did was encourage folks to guess in order to win a pittance gift card. Hopefully they will keep the 99.5 expectation, the only good thing that came of this supposed fiasco. ...

Look At Our Blank Winners!
Oct 17, 2014

I can pick out at least 3 in that list that I know for sure just guessed.  I've QA'd their work and it's horrible.  Way to promote accuracy MM!  You know what would get those blanks down?  Educating dicators, fixing sound quality, keeping MTs in their primaries.  Nevermind, that won't work; it's the MTs that need to improve, obviously.  MM is run by complete boneheads. ...

Did My Blank Math
Apr 04, 2015

I was consistently going over the metrics for blanks being submitted to the client and decided to keep track of why I was sending those blanks.  It turns out that 77% of my blanks are due to either discrepancy or audio issues; blanks that I am positive nobody could fill in.  77%!  These metrics either need to be done away with or adjusted for doctors that don't take the time to not be idiots.  The most common discrepancy is incorrect age or something else that I can fill ...

My Mind Went Blank........s/l Eye Cap....medication
Mar 03, 2010

. ...

How Long Do YOU Spend On A Blank?...
Apr 30, 2010

One of the team leads sent an email out emphasiziing the importance of exhausting all resources before leaving a blank.  I feel like I do.  Just curious, how long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to spend researching a blank?  I say 3-5 minutes max.  After all, we are paid on production.  ...

My Account Doesn't Allow Even One Blank. If One, Gets Sent To
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

(blank) Trocar And Sheath
Jun 14, 2012

s/l "Dell" trocar and sheath.  I've looked everywhere and can't find this, and QA is having a hard time figuring it out, too.  Anyone know what this could be? ...