A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

ine count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines? - Jen Collins

Posted: Feb 18, 2012

Does anyone know of a line count program that works with Word and doesn't count blank lines?

I like MPTools - IC

[ In Reply To ..]
It's $68 and you can define anything you want and your rate, EXCEPT it doesn't count per report. I set it to count per page at $0 and it will do that with a note below how many reports it counted. Your lines can be defined as anything and you can include your headers and footers if you want.

Similar Messages:

Best Way To Count Lines In Word?
Mar 08, 2010

What is the best way to count lines in Word? Thanks you ...

Need A Word/line Count Program
Jul 14, 2010

Any help, advice, need a word/line count program. Free if possible until I get established with job. ...

Need Line Count Program Compatible W/ MS Word 2007
Jan 10, 2012

I am looking for a line counting program that counts gross lines.  I used to use Abacus, but it no longer functions properly, and it seems that the company is out of business.  Can anyone recommend?  Needs to be MS Word 2007 compatible.  Thanks! ...

Escription - 250 Line Count Minimum - Median Lines Or Average Lines?
Dec 20, 2014

Does anybody know which column companies look at to decide if you are meeting the minimum 250 requirement in Escription? When I look at the metrics there are 2 columns...median lines per hour and average lines per hour. ...

Anyone Know Why InScribe Line Count Doesn't Match WebClock?
Jan 27, 2015

I asked my TSM in an email but got no reply. I guess this was covered in the training, but I must have missed the part that explains why my line count in InScribe doesn't match the total under "Converted Line Detail" in WebClock for my weekly total. Anyone out there know? ...

MT Monitor -- Anyone Use This Line Count Program
Jan 02, 2010

Has anyone used this line count program?  I can't find much info about it, other than a company page on the 'net. ...

Line Count Program Recommendation
Nov 09, 2011

Can anybody recommend a reliable line count program that will count in the Word 2010 program?  I used to use Abacus which you could access directly in Word if you inserted a shortcut to it.  This way I could finish a document, count it, then close it with a password.  Abacus apparently doesn't work in Word 2010 and I've been experimenting wtih other counting programs but haven't found one that is as easy to use ... everything so far seems to require many more steps.  I use a g ...

Line Count Program Free?
Apr 30, 2012

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good FREE line count program? ...

Line Count Program For Windows 8.1
Oct 06, 2014

I had to get a new computer and now have Windows 8.1 Professional.  I put my old office 2003 on it because I'm to stressed right now to learn anything else new.  I have Sylcount IV Gold line counter, which I love, but it won't work on Windows 8.1.  What do you all know of that will work.  I loaded one last night called GearCount, but when I got it set up I counted my files from last week, which was $516.30 on the Sylcount and it only came out to $324.65 on GearCount ...

Nuance ES MTs. How Do You Keep Accurate Count Of Your Lines?
Feb 15, 2011

When I was Encompass, we used MT Monitor for EditScript, which did a fairly good job.  I never much paid attention to the Alt + x Metrics because of using MT Monitor pretty exlusively.  Now, since MT Monitor is soon to be nixed, apparently, it has stopped counting lines (just characters, but I can divide those by 65) and is missing whole reports over periods of time for me.  But Metrics is even worse.  It's recording only about 2/3 of my reports, if that.  I don&# ...

Line Count - Is MTStars Flash Count And/or Abacus Equivocal
Feb 27, 2010

I usually use the line count built into the Word program itself.  Is MTStars flash count and/or abacus equivocal ??  Any one program better than the other ??  TIA ...

Free Or Cheap Line Count Program Needed
Jun 11, 2011

does any one know of a simple to use free or at least cheap line count program? ...

*bases* Hemoglobin 9.5, White Count 8.1, Platelet Count 208,000
Nov 08, 2012

On admission *bases* hemoglobin 9.5, white count 8.1, platelet count 208,000, and normal BUN and creatinine. Does this make sense? Should it be basis? This is under Laboratory Data for a Discharge Summary. ...

Does Count Score Mean Line Count In Fluency?
Sep 20, 2013

x ...

Good Word Count?
Oct 03, 2014

Hello, everyone.  I am currently two years as an IC for a company (I'd rather not name) and am kind of unsatisfied.  I can make my own hours, which is a plus, but the pay is VERY low.  I am thinking of shopping around but I don't know if my word count is good enough to count as average, above or below.  My average is 350-400 lines an hour edited or 150ish lines an hour standard (as you all know, this depends on what doctors I get for the day).  I am currently b ...

Line Count Software - Anyone Have MP Count?
Apr 01, 2010

Anyone have MP Count?  I used it a few years ago, but my computer crashed so I no longer have it.  I'm not sure if this IC job is gonna work out so I'm not wanting to buy a program at this point. Any advice? Thanks. ...

Character Count/line Count
Feb 23, 2011

Is this correct? I type 70,000 characters a day. I am paid by the 65 character line so I would divide 70,000 by 65 to get 1076, then multiple that by pay per line, say $.10 and get $107. If this is not correct then what is the formula? And what is the average number of lines per day? Thanks so much for the info. ...

How To Not Count Template In Line Count
Jun 25, 2012

I was wondering if anyone could tell me what is the easiest way to not count template lines when trying to invoice? I get a line count through Word, but I hear that Word counts blank spaces as well.  I downloaded and use Flash Count, but it includes all 65 character lines, I beleive including the template headings.  I hope this makes sense.  Please help!! ...

Word Line Count Software
Jul 25, 2011

I have been using Sylcount the past year.  If I do computer updates, which generally occur once a month, it seems to make things not work correctly.  Could you suggest other line counting software that you use, please?  I might like to switch.  Thank you. ...

Word Perfect 65 Character Count With Spaces
Jan 24, 2010

In Word Perfect, to count characters, you click on properties, word count, and then do you just add up the top two things, Characters and Words, taking that total and dividing by 65?  They are paying 65 character lines including spaces and I cannot remember how to do this.  I have WPX4. Thank you kindly.  ...

Being A Word Based Platform, Can't We Use Character Count
Jun 09, 2012

;) ...

Line Count Issues With PractiCount And MS Word
Nov 12, 2012

I am having a problem with line counts. I am having a problem with PractiCount and even the line counting program in MS Word. I have a document that clearly is 37 lines by eye but both programs are counting it as 45, any ideas? Also, if someone could explain the difference between 55 character line and 65 character line??? Which is more popular with MTs? ...

My Account Doesn't Allow Even One Blank. If One, Gets Sent To
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...

Good Line Count Software Form MS Word 2000
Oct 31, 2009

Does anyone know of a good line count software form MS Word 2000 that you can count multiple files with? ...

Is There A Difference Between A Sylvan 65 Character Line And Using The Line Count In Word - Sm
Jun 15, 2012

to divide by 65 to get the number of lines??? Thanks. ...

65-char. With Spaces Excluding Blank Lines
Dec 06, 2010

I was offered a job by The Transcription Doctors, Inc. with the pay being 8cpl or 3cpl for editing, 65-characters with spaces excluding blank lines.  My question is ... Is the excluding blank lines part normal or is that super cheap of them?  I know 3cpl for editing is already cheap...Do most companies include even blank lines?  I hope someone knows...Thank you. ...

MSWord "Word Count"
Jan 20, 2011

Does anyone know how MSWord calculates it's lines in the "Word Count" feature under the Tools category?  I took the number of "characters with spaces" and divided that by 65 and got a totally different number of lines than what was listed under their "Lines" category, so they obviously don't use a 65 char line and I can't seem to find any information on their website about this.  Any info would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.  ...

Doesn't Matter How Many Lines You Produce
May 18, 2012

If you don't have any work available.  Whether it is due to improvement in ASR, etc. etc., (song and dance here), there are too many fingers in the pie. I don't see how any company can hold employees hostage to get 40 hours when the employees have scheduled work times and there is nothing for them to do in their *scheduled* hours...they are told to *flex*, then they *flex* to other days and there is still no work. It's like being on-call....be available 24/7 because they * ...

Are MS Word Lines The Same As Medquist Lines?
Jan 18, 2011

I am having a discrepancy issue with lines....wondered if MS Word and Medquist use a different number of characters per line.  Thanks.... ...

Not To Count My Loss
Nov 05, 2009

why at the end of every shift do I still bother to calculate my line totals - transcription & VR - when 9 out of 10 times I am only discouraged???  Its not my lack of skill, knowledge , speed or anything I have done that determines this loss.  Why, oh why, do I hang in there.  Maybe for the occasional good day?  The high I get when I can fly through a report of an ESL doctor, because I know better what he is trying to say?  Or maybe its the constant editing with ...