A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces? - jenavee

Posted: Nov 25, 2010

Does anyone know what 0.08 line without spaces equals out to with spaces?

Depends - MTINND

[ In Reply To ..]

You need to ask them the character number of the line. 

general estimation - LMJ

[ In Reply To ..]
65 character line has a minimum of 10 spaces, so go on a 55 character line (but the other poster is right, verify the characters).

Not paying you for spaces is about an 18% reduction in production.

Similar Messages:

10 Cpl With No Spaces, Is That A Good Wage Or No? I Have Always Been Paid With Spaces, Thx, Nm
Jun 03, 2011

nm ...

7 Cents A Line W/o Spaces!!
Oct 24, 2011

There has got to be something better than this!!  Any one know of any companies that pay more than this for subcontractor with 4 years experience? ...

Line Count And Spaces
Nov 30, 2011

Started working for a company just about 2 months ago.  Contract states they pay for a 65 character line including spaces and bolding.  Have been making about 50 lines per hour.  Their system is window XP profession version and it is their computer.  Does 50 lines per hour sound right.  At my worst, at my last job I did at least 100 lines per hour.  There is no way to do a line count in Word on their computer because it is set up the same as in their system.  I ...

Line Rates/spaces
Aug 11, 2012

Does getting paid for spaces add about 2 cents to line rate?  I was getting 10 cpl for an account (not paid for spaces) and then lost that to offshoring.  The new account pays 8 cpl, but paid for spaces, so they say that's equivalent.  Does that sound right?  Is that the average rate now?    Interesting article just stumbled on:  http://mttoolsonline.com/2011/01/26/medical-transcription-theres-just-no-money-in-it/ ...

How Many Characters With Spaces Is A Line, Pls
May 19, 2015

I'm thinking 36, but want to make sure..I was bored today and kept track of pretty much everything I did that I don't get paid for, wish I could include time on google looking up information..But ...

Does Amphion Pay On A 65 Character Line With Spaces?
Jun 14, 2010

nm ...

Would You Work For $0.05 A Line, Based On 65-characters With Spaces?
Nov 13, 2009

I have been offered a job with a company for clinic notes, which are the easiest.  As far as schedule goes, I just have to complete it w/in 24-hours.  So the kicker is, the pay is $0.05 a line, based on 65 characters with spaces.  They only pay once a month.  They also use Microsoft counter as well, which I am not sure if that is good or bad.  Would you take this position? ...

MTSOs Are Counting Spaces In Their Line Counts?
Jun 10, 2010

Anyone know if the MTSOs are counting spaces in their line counts?  Is the standard still a 65 character line?   ...

Question About 7 Cents A Line With Spaces Counted
May 10, 2012

I have a question:  I currently make 8 cents a line, but it is VBC.  If I had a job that paid 7 cents normally, but paid for spaces and other things in the report would one be coming out ahead making at least 8 cents a line or may be even more when it is all figured out?  Has anyone ever done this and actually making more $$$ by making the 7 cents a line instead of 8 cents?   I used to have a job that paid 10 to 10.5 cents a line, but they sold out. I was just ...

What Is The Average # Of VBCs In A 65-character Line With Spaces?
Mar 06, 2013

x ...

Line Counts - Umber Of Characters And Spaces And Divide By 65
Jun 12, 2013

Can someone help me out here ?  I have forgotten the purpose of this.  I work for a company that does transcription in Microsoft Word.  Of course you can check your line counts in word, but this company says that isn't right and we have to take the number of characters and spaces and divide by 65 and that is our line count, which is always less than what Word says.  Can anybody remember why it's different?  Thanks. ...

Line Counts - When Figuring Lines, Do Most People Include Spaces?
Jul 24, 2012

When figuring lines, do most people include spaces? ...

What In The World Is A 65-character "virtual" Line With Spaces?
Oct 24, 2009

I saw an ad on a board for a company that pays this way.  I've never heard of a virtual line.  Does anyone know what this is and how is compared to a regular 65-character line? ...

Without Spaces
May 31, 2010

How are you supposed to be able to count characters without spaces? This just seems odd to me.  Guess you learn something new every day. ...

Pay For Spaces
Sep 15, 2010

Does anyone know if Diskriter, Amphion, Etransplus pay for spaces?  Need help asap so I can accept or reject offer.  Thanks in advance. ...

Pay Without Spaces Is...?
Jan 10, 2011

If a position offers pay without spaces, would that pretty much cut pay in half when compared to pay with spaces? ...

Does Acusis Pay For Spaces, Or Only By VBC?
Nov 21, 2009

X ...

Just Saw A New Ad ... .07 Cpl, Without Spaces, IC, No Benefits And Want (sm)
Jan 16, 2010

Five years experience and especially experience in basic 4.  Surely you jest! ...

5 Cpl/43 Vbc Only = About 6 Cpl/65 Char W/spaces...sm
Apr 16, 2010

and the explanation is that they are trying to compete with other companies who pay their MTs 2 cpl.  Has anyone seen any companies who pay 2 cpl?  sad, sad, sad... ...

K&R Consulting Don't Pay For Spaces?
May 02, 2010

Does anyone know anything about K&R, other than they don't pay for spaces?  Do they pay more per line to compensate?  I was thinking about picking up some extra work and have done VA work in the past, so was just wondering.  Thanks. MJ ...

Who Uses Two Spaces After Punctuation Other Than Me?
Sep 07, 2010

I was reading and found it is okay to use one space after punctuation.  This is going to be a hard habit to break.  I am old school and was taught to use two spaces after punctuation in typing class.   Thanks for any comments.   Mel ...

Does It Matter If There Are 2 Spaces After A
Sep 08, 2010

this one of those fabulous things that is taken care of on the back-end?  That would save me a few strokes.  ...

Does Anyone Know What 8 Cpl W/O Spaces Is Comparable To?
Nov 12, 2010

TIA :-) ...

VBC Pay Versus With Spaces Pay
Jun 15, 2011

What would 4.4 cents editing VBC average out to if compared to transcribing with spaces? ...

NOT GETTING PAID FOR SPACES
Jan 22, 2011

Ithinkitisnotfairtonotpayforthespacebarkey!! ...

Escription Pay For Spaces
Mar 21, 2011

I was wondering if there is someone who could answer a question about Escription.  I am currently an Escription editor and do not get paid spaces.  Does anyone know if this is true with all Escription accounts, or if it is a company-specific thing?  TIA! ...

Does SoftScript Pay For Spaces? Nm
Jul 15, 2011

x ...

How Can You Tell If You Are Not Being Paid For Spaces?
Jul 20, 2011

but now I can't find it.  Thanks.  ...

Keystrokes - Does KS Pay For Spaces, Etc?
Jan 26, 2012

Does KS pay for spaces, etc?  Any info is appreciated good, bad or ugly.  TIA! ...

Does Synernet Pay For Spaces?
Jun 05, 2012

Just curious, I'm trying to decide between a few companies and I totally forgot to ask the interviewer.  I think the whole VBC thing is criminal.  It's bad enough not being paid for all of the research, demographics and CCs we do, but to not pay for characters that we actually type just because they don't print out in black and white is OUTRAGEOUS!!!  ...