A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

HELP QA Pay by blank??? - Jiles

Posted: Jan 05, 2011

Hi,

I have been speaking with a company who will be hiring me for transcription.  They pay good rates and I asked them about the possiblity of job progression and eventually working as QA.  They said that QA pays by the blank... how is that even possible?  Ive seen being paid by the report, by the hour, or  by production (by the line)... but I have no idea how the QA staff make good money only getting paid for the blank.  any ideas?  Amy I missing something?  Does anyone else get paid this way?  HELP!

QA Pay by blank - tamif

[ In Reply To ..]
Could it be that you only get paid if you correctly fill in a blank?

no money to be made that way - ICManiac

[ In Reply To ..]
I did QA for a company years back on the Medrite platform where I was only paid for the actual blanks or text my cursor went over instead of for reviewing every line of the report. I think I averaged about $2 an hour. I quit doing QA in less than a month and returned to MTing only.

may be a character difference - who knows

[ In Reply To ..]
You may be paid a "per line" rate based on the character difference of the document from when you received it to when you released it.

I'd never agree to that kind of pay in a bazillion years.

That would explain all the fake "mistakes" QA injects - into my reports. Padding their pay! nm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

I agree! - my2cents

[ In Reply To ..]

Similar Messages:

Blank Moment
Oct 19, 2009

in this sentence is english capitalized? I am totally blank at the moment.   The patient is an 81-year-old white female who does not speak english. tia. ...

Basilic....blank
Oct 29, 2009

The basilic subtercutaenous stairway was capillary protected and preserved... Thats the best I can hear...any ideas? ...

Medication Blank
Sep 16, 2012

Medication s/l as Clobetatrol substance mixed with water, pl help.     ...

Help!! My Blank S/l Skida Dog
Sep 26, 2012

Needle was removed slightly, redirected superiorly until the tip made bony contact at the eye of the _____ at L4 ...

Blank S/l And Bodyness?
Jan 05, 2013

EXTREMITIES: There is only mild warmth __________ in her joints. I do not see rheumatoid flare in her hands. Her large muscles all in the hand are tender. She hurts just about everywhere. ...

Report Blank
Jun 20, 2013

????  If I leave a blank in a report, send it to QA and even they can't figure it out, does that blank still count against me? ...

Those Who Are On No Blank Status - 100% QA?
Jul 31, 2013

What platform do you use? Was your company absorbed by Nuance?  I'm from Webmedx, work on the Enterprise platform.  We have 2 blanks allowed and no 100% QA .     ...

Has Anybody Left A Blank
Mar 08, 2014

on a test and still got hired?  Not sure if okay to leave a blank but have relistened so many times and can't make it out and don't want to guess. ...

Is This Blank Challenge Over Yet?
Oct 13, 2014

So sick of the emails. I really do not care what number our "team" is in, I know no one on the team anyway. If they want to reduce blanks there are better ways - talk to the dictators like they promised years ago, improve the audio, improve ASR, yada yada yada. But no. Blame the MT instead. Silly contest. All it did was encourage folks to guess in order to win a pittance gift card. Hopefully they will keep the 99.5 expectation, the only good thing that came of this supposed fiasco. ...

Look At Our Blank Winners!
Oct 17, 2014

I can pick out at least 3 in that list that I know for sure just guessed.  I've QA'd their work and it's horrible.  Way to promote accuracy MM!  You know what would get those blanks down?  Educating dicators, fixing sound quality, keeping MTs in their primaries.  Nevermind, that won't work; it's the MTs that need to improve, obviously.  MM is run by complete boneheads. ...

Did My Blank Math
Apr 04, 2015

I was consistently going over the metrics for blanks being submitted to the client and decided to keep track of why I was sending those blanks.  It turns out that 77% of my blanks are due to either discrepancy or audio issues; blanks that I am positive nobody could fill in.  77%!  These metrics either need to be done away with or adjusted for doctors that don't take the time to not be idiots.  The most common discrepancy is incorrect age or something else that I can fill ...

My Mind Went Blank........s/l Eye Cap....medication
Mar 03, 2010

. ...

How Long Do YOU Spend On A Blank?...
Apr 30, 2010

One of the team leads sent an email out emphasiziing the importance of exhausting all resources before leaving a blank.  I feel like I do.  Just curious, how long do you think is an appropriate amount of time to spend researching a blank?  I say 3-5 minutes max.  After all, we are paid on production.  ...

My Account Doesn't Allow Even One Blank. If One, Gets Sent To
Sep 28, 2010

nm ...

Major Error, Blank?
Aug 19, 2011

This just tops of my bad day.  I get on to check previous reports from yesterday and see 1 correction on 1 report out of all of them.  QA filled in my blank, and the error category is "major" with subcategory "not applicable."  Platform is Cornerstone.  Since when is it a major error to leave a blank for something we aren't sure about?  After listening, again, I still can't tell if it is the word QA put in or the word I thought it "might" be; hence, the blank.& ...

(blank) Trocar And Sheath
Jun 14, 2012

s/l "Dell" trocar and sheath.  I've looked everywhere and can't find this, and QA is having a hard time figuring it out, too.  Anyone know what this could be? ...

How Can A Blank Be Invalid? If I Can't Understand
Jun 05, 2013

what is being said with certainty, am I not SUPPOSED to leave a blank?  One of mine that QA or QC or whoever reviewed the report had a blank marked as invalid when they left a blank in the same place.  This stuff is crazy.  ...

ILP Blank That Made Me Chuckle
Nov 29, 2013

I was filling in a blank for an ILP for a very clear dictator.  What the ILP blanked, which was clear as day, was "HIPAA laws."  Apparently they've never encountered this word. ...

Just Need A Blank Page To Type On
Jan 09, 2014

I have 2007 office and for whatever reason the type on the page large, when played out very small, unable to see. Can anyone tell me how to download just a page where I can type a letter and print from so it can be read? ...

Single Metastatic Blank
Feb 11, 2014

I'm transcribing for a patient who previously had rectal cancer and has recently had a routine followup PET scan.  I'm new to cancer patients, so I'm still learning the terminology.  Physician has a lot of background noise and is difficult to understand.  I have a blank in the following sentence.  I would appreciate any feedback you could provide.  Thanks so much! "There was a single paraesophageal lymph node in the middle mediastinum on the left side t ...

Blank All HEENT/HENT!!!
Jan 06, 2015

From now on, I am blanking HEENT/HENT any time I am not 100%, absolutely, positively sure of what the doctor says.  Especially if they don't say anything at all (which is the usual).  This is utter ridiculousness and I am not going to risk a QA (or QC or whatever it is!)'s subjective opinion about whether a dictator said (or meant) one E or two!  What's next?  If they only dictate a finding on the right lung, do we have to label it as "RIGHT LUNG:" instead of ...

Endometrial Procedure Blank
May 15, 2015

This is a patient undergoing hysteroscopy, dilation and curettage, and a Mirena insertion.  It is an operative note.  I have came across this blank 3 times now and have spent way too much time searching for it.  Help! The hysteroscope was removed, and the cervix was further dilated.  Bozeman endometrial polyp forceps were then used, and the apparent endometrial polyp was removed.  Systematic curettings were then obtained until a  "s/l cree duh shah" filling in all ...

Epidural Injection Blank
May 27, 2015

This is an epidural injection report.  Doc says, "A total of 8 mg of Decadron diluted with 3 ml of s/l "preserved rophenol."    I can't find anything.  Anyone???? ...

Anyone Else Receiving ASR Reports With Blank Screens?
Oct 02, 2010

Lately I have been received jobs that are marked as being SR but the screen is blank, so have to hit F11, then type it...  Not a problem, just wondering why I am getting so many, had 7 last pay period and 2 tonight and only 2 hours into my shift.    Anyone else?  ...

Help I Am Drawing A Blank... Farasulphate? Spelling Plz! Nm
May 09, 2011

thanks! ...

Blank S/l A-fate Some Renal Failure
Jan 05, 2013

She is taking diclofenac and we realize that while this can ____________ some renal failure, has been absolutely necessary thus far to control her pain. She is having no abdominal pain. No chest pressure pain. No stroke symptoms.   Not verbatim acct...and have ability to edit... just not sure what the s/l would be or what it could be substituted for. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :) ...

Blank S/l Writing, Riding, Raggeding ??
Jan 05, 2013

He has been _________ down his diabetes in a staggered fashion now and is doing fairly well there. He comes in with a high blood pressure which is improved after repeat check. ...

Point Blank, What School Should I Attend
Aug 15, 2013

I am tired of the MT field because I can no longer make any money.  I have over ten years of experience being an MT and graduated from Andrew's, but I do not want to go back to school at Andrew's for coding/medical billing.  I have done medical billing in the distant past and I want to get back into it and start a new career outside of MT.  I want to get my skills current and use my past experience also.  I have not done medical billing in over 15 years.  So, m ...

65-char. With Spaces Excluding Blank Lines
Dec 06, 2010

I was offered a job by The Transcription Doctors, Inc. with the pay being 8cpl or 3cpl for editing, 65-characters with spaces excluding blank lines.  My question is ... Is the excluding blank lines part normal or is that super cheap of them?  I know 3cpl for editing is already cheap...Do most companies include even blank lines?  I hope someone knows...Thank you. ...

When I Post I Get A Message About Blank Text Field
May 24, 2012