A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

U-Scribe Transcription Company - Cheri

Posted: Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, which I did.

He said if i was hired, that I would have to allow the company access to my computer so they could upload the company software to my computer.  I've only worked for one other company and I go to their website, login and access/upload work.  I would be an IC for U-Scribe.  He told me they are based out of Sebring, Florida, but his phone number is from Massachusetts.  All this makes me leery.

I've emailed and asked for more information, which I have not received yet (but it is after hours).  Does anyone have any information about this company?

Appreciate any help.  Thanks!

Uscribe - sm

[ In Reply To ..]

Did you see the posts from February of this year?  Lots of chatter back then.  Go to the February tab on the Company Board and just do a regular FIND (CTRL+F)  for Uscribe. 

Good Luck

http://forum.mtstars.com/303493.html

Uscribe - GrannyMT

[ In Reply To ..]
A friend was hired by Uscribe 3 wks ago. Massive backlog they are trying to clear up. This was due to system issues on startup. I am concerned they are hiring TOO MANY mt's to help clear the backlog, and work will get scarce afterward. This is a new acct out of the UK and Ireland. Unless you are used to the "Queen's English" there is a lot of new language to learn as well as the British accent. For the most part my friend likes the work and the IT support has been great.

uscribe - FLMT

[ In Reply To ..]
I rec'd a call from a woman at their Sebring FL office today in response to a resume that I submitted. I was also told that I would need to allow their IT person to install the software on my computer.

I had to do this for my last IC position as well - no big deal there.

When I researched them online - it states that their sales office is in MA and they have operations offices both in Tampa, FL and Sebring, FL.

I am comfortable at this point. The woman sent me 2 short files to transcribe as a test and I will return them this evening. I'll let you know what happens....

Similar Messages:

Scribe 4 Us - Anything About This Company?
Nov 14, 2012

Anyone know anything about this company? ...

U.S. Scribe, Did Anyone Send Their Resume To This Company?
Jun 25, 2010

If so, did anything come out of it? ...

Med-Scribe Transcription
Apr 02, 2010

Those who have worked for Med-Scribe any info about the company good or bad??? Just wondering as I saw they were hiring. ...

Scribe Vs Transcription
Apr 25, 2013

Does anyone have any information on working as a scribe, directly following the physician and typing in the room with the patient? I was offered a position as a scribe in a local clinic. I have done transcription for many years, but never as a scribe. I'm kind of nervous about not being able to start/stop the dictation, use shortcut keys, etc. I was told with the platform they use, there is no way to make shortcuts. Everything will be straight typing and that I would need to keep u ...

Does M-Scribe Technologies Still Do Transcription?
Apr 03, 2015

I'm going through my list of possible companies to work for and am wondering about M-Scribe. Their website only seems to advertise billing and coding so I am wondering if they got out of the transcription game in the last few years. Anyone know? ...

Medical Scribe - New Transition From Transcription
May 14, 2013

Seems to be the new transition from transcription. ...

Transcription Buddy Vs. Express Scribe
Jul 27, 2013

Does anyone out there have pointers on how to get Transcription Buddy to work when we take online tests with companies?  I had read on this board that TB is preferable over ES because ES tends to install bugs and other undesirables on our computers.  Plus, ES wants money after 2 weeks of the free trial.  TB lets you try it for free for 30 days.  However, I tested today for a company and tried to use TB, without luck.  Ended up having to install ES to take the tests.  ...

Transcription Software - Any Preference Of Express Scribe Or Gear Player?
Nov 19, 2009

Does anyone have any preference of Express Scribe or Gear player?  Is one better than the other? ...

Reduce Background Noise On The Receiving End Of A Transcription With Express Scribe?
Apr 30, 2012

Hi everyone - first post - am I in the right place. Seems Gab Board doesn't want to talk MT. I'm sure I will be visiting them alot also. Can someone tell me if you can reduce backround noise on the receiving end of a transcription with Express Scribe?? ...

Cannot Play Wav Files In Windows Media, Byte-Scribe Or Express Scribe. Help???
Mar 03, 2012

I have voice files sent to me that I cannot play in Windows Media or Express Scribe. They will load in ES but show 00:00 duration.  I thought possibly it was an encryption error as they possibly they are coming that way to be because they are secure but I sent to a friend and she can open them and play them.  Windows Media states something about a missing codecs and I have installed if known codecs to man (I am on Windows XP).  They just will not play or show the duration etc.&nbs ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

Keystrokes Transcription Really Is A Bad Company
Aug 30, 2011

They just informed their employees that effective immediately they were changing the pay dates from the 3rd to the 17th. This when our payday is the first so now it is going to be late. Way to go Keystrokes! ...

Best Transcription Company To Work For
Oct 16, 2013

Hey everyone!  In any of your opinions, what is the best transcription company to work for?  Any info on how they get paid, etc, would be appreciated. ...

OSI Transcription Is Owned By Another Company
Dec 20, 2013

Can someone tell me if OSI Transcription is owned by another company (Like Nuance or Precyse)  or are they on their own?  Any info on this company?? ...

Medical Transcription At Home To Become A Medical Scribe?
Jan 20, 2015

Has anybody left medical transcription at home to become a medical scribe?  I have an opportunity to do so but there aren't any scribes currently in my area and I don't know anyone who has worked as a scribe before.  The scribe position starting pay is almost double what I make as an MT per hour so it is very tempting, I just don't know much about it. ...

Volunteer Transcription - Good Or Bad About This Company?
Jul 01, 2010

I have an opportunity to test and be hired by them but it seems it is taking them so long to get back to me for the next step.  Anyone else having this trouble.  Anyone know anything good or bad about this company? ...

Cobb Transcription - Anyone Has Heard Of This Company?
Apr 28, 2010

Wondering if anyone has heard of this company? Either good or bad is appreciated. Thanks! ...

Transcription America Legitimate Company?
Jul 12, 2010

Is Transcription America (email address Job Interview - Job Network [jobinterview@transcription-america.com), regional recruiter Kimberly Carson, a legitimate online medical transcription company? ...

Summit Transcription - Small Company. Anyone
Jul 27, 2010

work there?  I am always hesitant about small companies having enough work.  They seem nice. ...

Terra Nova Transcription Is The Only Company
Aug 23, 2010

... I have ever worked for where TOP MANAGEMENT will get on and type.  They don't take work away from the MTs but they put their money where their mouth is instead of whining, begging and threatening people to work while they file their nails.  ...

Does Anyone Know How To Find Out What Company VA Transcription Is Awarded To? Sm
Aug 30, 2010

A while ago I believe there was a discussion on the board about the VA's and someone posted a link to the page where it might list which companies are bidding on or were awarded which VA VISN packages.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  TIA ...

Transcription America - Legitimate Company
Sep 10, 2010

I had applied to transcriptionamerica.com. I received an email back from a Nancy Lawson, National recruiter asking me to transcribe a sample file. I did this and when I tried to email it back to the address that she sent it from, I keep getting a failed delivery notice saying that the person's inbox is full. Does anyone know if this is a legitimate company? And if so, do you know any other way that I can get in touch with them to email this sample back to them? Thank you so much! ...

The Transcription Doctors - Any Info On This Company?
Jun 22, 2011

Any info on this company?  Good, bad, pay on time.  TIA! ...

The Transcription Doctors - Anyone Has Or Is Working For This Company?
Sep 26, 2010

Was just wanting to know if anyone has or is working for this company?  If so how are they to work for? Thanks... ...