A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

PRN Military Transcription - Anyone familiar with this company? - Dapne

Posted: Sep 20, 2011

Anyone familiar with this company?  Would like info regarding their platform, dictators, pay scale and if they do VR.  Any info at all would be appreciated.  Thank you.

Dapne - Star55

[ In Reply To ..]
I have never worked for them but a good friend did, and she said that the platform was so awkward and awful she could not earn above minimum wage. She has been an MT for 20 years. She quit them because of the platform.

How long ago was this that your friend worked with them? - mmm

[ In Reply To ..]
nm

My friend quit p.r.n. - Star55

[ In Reply To ..]
about a year and a half or so ago.

PRN - anon

[ In Reply To ..]
I had never heard of them, but a Google search turned up this thread from earlier this year.

http://forum.mtstars.com/310232.html

PRN - Bobbie

[ In Reply To ..]
The worst platform I have ever worked on and with no spellcheck. Heavy ESL dictation which is horrible. Made no money because of the platform which is not user friendly to MT or to word expanders. You cannot copy and block in or out of the platform to your report or to your word expander. I have Instantext and it only worked minimally at best in their program.

I work there and love it. - dmz

[ In Reply To ..]
Been there since June - platform not difficult, you just have to learn to tab around a bit instead of using the mouse. ESL doctors, IMO, are no worse than anywhere else. You can copy and block in the program and save it to their expander, then you can bring it up and copy it from their expander into your own. I know, because I experimented and was able to do so. You also can copy and paste within reports, so I don't know where the idea that you can't do that comes from. I do it daily. I have the Shorthand program and it works fine. There is a spellchecker (proofread mode) also. Anyway, they have a tiered platform for line rate increases and it is a fair tier where you can make a decent living. Nobody bothers you but are there is you have a question. I had been looking for over 2 years since the MDI debacle/Transcend takeover and I think I finally found my permanent home after so many hits and misses. JMO but I've been in this biz for over 23 years. P.R.N. is one of the best places around, IMO.

Similar Messages:

PRN Military Transcription - Worked For This Company?
Mar 15, 2011

Has anyone heard of or worked for this company?  They had a job ad on the Job Board earlier this week which I  applied for.  I searched the archives but absolutely nothing came up.  Anyone here work there or know someone who does, please share any info about this company.  Their recruiter was very nice and did offer me a position, but before I accept I would like to know more about them.  Thanks for any information you may have. ...

PRN Military Transcription - Knowledge Of This Company
Jun 08, 2011

If anyone has knowledge of this company, would you please share what you think of it.  Enough work, flexible or not, platform, percent of ESL dictators, pay on time.  All this and anything else you would care to share would be much appreciated.  Thank you. ...

PRN Military Transcription - Did Anyone Recently Go To Work For This Company?
Mar 24, 2011

Did anyone recently go to work for this company?  They had an ad posted a few weeks ago and I would like to know how you like it there.  Are you able to make a decent paycheck?  How are the dictators (ESL ???), etc.  Would appreciate any info you would care to share.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Familiar With A Company Called MD-IT Transcription?
May 02, 2012

Is anyone familiar with a company called MD-IT Transcription? I am looking for a job as transcription jobs at the hospital I work for are being outsourced to a company called Nuance. I have not heard good things about Nuance. Would appreciate any information from someone who is familiar with MD-IT Transcription. Thanks. ...

Prn-military Transcription
Jun 24, 2014

Any info on this company would be appreciated. Thank you. ...

PRN Military Transcription Employee Status
Jun 27, 2014

For any who have applied to PRN Military Transcription, please remember that if you work on any military/VA accounts, you must have employee status and be paid the wage determination rate for that work, which is an HOURLY rate.  This company may have a mix of accounts, and you may be hired initially to work on non-government accounts at a line rate.  However, any time you work on an account that has a federal government contract, you have to be considered an employee, not IC, and you have to b ...

Prn Military Transcription/prn Medical Transcription
Jun 25, 2014

Anyone hear from them yet?  Over 1100 views, that means a billion resumes. ...

Those Of You Familiar With A Company Called
Aug 09, 2013

Encore, what platform do they use? TIA ...

QMedET Solutions - Anyone Familiar With Above Company?
May 15, 2013

Anyone familiar with above company?  I received an e-mail from them to join a meeting online  for a Contractor Information Call.  I can't remember sending them an e-mail with my resume, but I have been sending so many I probably did.  Should I do this or not?  Your opinion, please.  Thank you. ...

Anyone Familiar With Breitner Transcription?
Dec 15, 2010

I am thinking of working for this company and I am interested in anyone's experiences with Breitner.   Thanks ...

Anyone Familiar With US Transcription In Iowa?
Sep 21, 2011

steady work, pay, platform, etc. ...

Anyone Familiar With Metro Transcription Service In NJ?
Sep 24, 2010

Not much info about them in the archives.  Any info, good or bad, would be appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Anyone Familiar With Expert Medical Transcription
Oct 08, 2010

Anyone familiar with or know anything about this company out of Florida? ...

Is Anyone Familiar With Clear Choice Transcription?
Nov 09, 2012

Is anyone familiar with Clear Choice? Any information would be appreciated. I understand they pay by the minute of dictation, a dollar a minute after release from QA. I'm wondering if their platform allows for a good line count and how the company treats the employees. ...

Lutz Transcription? Girl's Name ***** Are Familiar
Nov 30, 2010

For some reason, the girl's name ***** are familiar to me - nonpayer? ...

Familiar With The Transcription Program At Either Career Step
May 29, 2012

Is anyone familiar with the transcription program at either Career Step, MT at Home, or Medical Transcription A to Z?  Opinions would be appreciated. ...

Anyone Familiar With "Transcription Doctors"
Dec 14, 2011

Maybe I am being way too cautious....Seems like their hiring process was super easy compared to everyone else so I was just wondering if anyone had anything to say about them.....good or bad? ...

Military Names
Feb 02, 2012

Doctor dictates   The patient is apprehensive about his upcoming assignment with the Army.    Capitalize Army???? ...

Military Time?
Feb 06, 2012

I was recently told that time should be typed a military time.  Just double checking as I am not used to doing this.  Should 8:00 pm be typed as 2000 hours and 8:30 pm be typed as 2030 hours?  Thanks!  ...

S/l WASP Testing For Military?
May 23, 2011

Anyone know what this would be? I checked WASP, WAASP, WHASP, and WASPP without much luck. Says her significant other passed his s/l WASP testing and will be able to stay in the military. He is going full-time active duty. ...

To All The Military Personnel And Families....
May 30, 2011

On this day and everyday, I am and will forever be in your debt for the sacrifice your husbands, brothers, fathers, sisters, aunts, uncles, wives and that of your families as you support them in their duties as they serve and protect our great nation.  I know this is not enough to repay all that you do, but THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.        ...

What Is The Proper Format For Military Time? I Know No Colon, But...
Mar 24, 2010

shouldn't the word "hours" ALWAYS follow, i.e. 1345 hours? ...

Q.E.D. Transcription. Anyone Know Anything About This Company?
Dec 17, 2009

Thanks ...

DSG Transcription Company
Jul 03, 2010

If anyone has worked or is currently working for DSG transcription, I would appreciate the experience you have had working with them. Thank you. ...

JLG Transcription Company
Jun 22, 2011

Can someone please give me an update on JLG Transcription.  The only references I found were from 2009.  I wondered if anyone has any updated information.  I do not want to make a big change to something that may not be a good move.  I support myself so I really have to know something concrete.  Thank you.  ...

My Own Transcription Company.
Feb 17, 2011

After 10+ years of typing numerous specialties, I am interested in running my own transcription business.  Do you have any suggestions on where/how to get work?  Thanks in advance! ...

Breitner Transcription - Anyone Know About This Company
Oct 27, 2009

Does anyone know about this company - pay record, work, accounts, etc.   ...

ANP Transcription - Info On This Company?
Jul 28, 2010

Anybody have info on this company?  I took sample test, a verbatim lecture.  Wondering about quality of company. ...

SRVMT Transcription Company
Jan 11, 2011

Has anyone heard or dealt with SRVMT Medical Transcription Service.  I was offered a job with them and am curious about the company.  It sounds like it is a new company. ...

U-Scribe Transcription Company
Apr 28, 2011

I received a call today from a recruiter at U-Scribe in response to a resume I must have sent in.  I have done some Google research as well as searched through this forum.  There's not much to be said about this company except that they are hiring.  The gentleman I spoke with today told me they are very backlogged.  He said a majority of their clients are from England, Ireland and Scotland.  This man was English.  He sent me two files to transcribe and return, ...