A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

TransTech - Any good (or bad) information? - no name

Posted: Jul 28, 2010

Interested in working for TransTech.  Any good (or bad) information? 

TransTech - Aunt Tilly

[ In Reply To ..]
Would be interested to see how your experience goes. Voice recognition is this company now. Any traditional MT is being "raked over the coals" and our new platform is the one Kathy Lee Gifford used!

Reply - Donna

[ In Reply To ..]
And which one would that be???? Thank you.

TT--Donna - Aunt Tilly

[ In Reply To ..]
Which program? Or which one did Kathy Lee Gifford use? I was referring to her sweat shop down in South America the year that we were all so enraged over the deplorable conditions for pennies. Even if these companies say they do not 'off shore' I feel like I am the one being raked over the coals, or lying ono them! So, wouldn't you then say they are treating us and paying us the same wages as if they were offshoring? As for 3 cents in India and the cost of living, we are given 7 to 8 cents here in America!!??

TransTech - Stephanie

[ In Reply To ..]
I know you do not want to hear it, but I was hired on for TT for a new account starting next month. It's the same rate that I was making, 8 cents, as an IC. As an IC, I did not get any shift or production differential either. I took the 8-cent IC job after losing an 11-cent IC job to a point and click EMR system last October.

For myself, luckily I do not have a lot of bills and use a lot of expansions to help myself out, so even at 8 cents I am doing well. Would it have been nice to have found another 11 cent job? Sure it would, but minus what has been going on the MT field for a while, pick up a paper and you'll read about how many people are taking pay cuts big time and you figure they're probably really taking it up the you know what between having to have a car or public transportation and the costs associated with it, having work clothes, having money for lunch. You figure too that they always have the "is my job safe" thing hovering over their head. Unless one applies for an in house MT position, one's office is always their home. You do not even have to worry about clothes. You could sit working naked and no one would know. I know I like being at home with my pets working away.

I am really hoping that this works out long term. This is the second time in less than a year I have had to change jobs. The 8 cent IC job is going away starting August due to VR.
and while you wait for new account to start - OP do without work
[ In Reply To ..]
they hire for new accounts, have to put people somewhere until they start, then we all run out of work..... go figure.

I've been at TT for a long time.... - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
and a lot has changed with them. I still think they have a great management team and wonderful QA. But now that everything is VR, I am making so much less (about 400 less a month). I have tried everything to get my speed up, use shortcuts, etc. but it's just not the same as straight typing. I work the night shift so I always have work. I've heard the day shift runs out of work a lot.

More and more work goes to VR - Old and Tired MT

[ In Reply To ..]
Each pay period I seem to make less because more and more of the work goes to VR, which of course, means less money per line. I can't do VR that fast no matter what I do, so obviously my paycheck gets smaller. They call it "progress".

VR - Stephanie

[ In Reply To ..]
That's rough. This is going to be my first time doing VR and I am going to give it my best. Truthfully, that's all I really can do. Who knows - for myself I might find it to be a good change.

If you do not mind me asking - were you a high producer straight typing to begin with? I know I have read that people who were already high producers just straight typing find that they do less with VR whereas those who were not as high producers end up doing more lines with VR.
I can do straight typing faster than I can do VR - Old and Tired MT
[ In Reply To ..]
With the use of my expanders and my fast typing speed, I find that VR is much slower for me. I also note that if I change some words in VR and then try to use my expanders, they don't work, which also slows me down. I have complained about this before and the answer is the same-- they "have" to use VR in order to compete with other companies and VR is just the greatest thing since sliced bread. Sure it is, when they can give us half our regular pay. I wish I wasn't so old because I would indeed be going back to school to learn how to do something else.

According to them, everything is going great for the MTs - anonymous for now

[ In Reply To ..]
doing VR. Everyone is getting over and above their lines, etc., IF you don't run out of work every day.

Yes, they have great management and wonderful QA but that doesn't put money in the pocket. I still like working there but am taking a big hit since VR came on board.

I sometimes think we forget this part...sm - wise1

[ In Reply To ..]
The only reason that hospitals buy the VR systems is to be able to cut our pay, and save money for the hospital... period!

VR "stragety" like Bugs would say - steady eddie

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried something different today to increase my line count on VR. I sped up the dictation on the good dictators to the fastest point where I could still understand them and pushed to get lines without sacrificing care and quality. It worked. I did 2100 lines in 6.5 hours. I usually do about 1500 to 1600 lines in that time period.

I just concentrated and worked in comfortable batches of time, taking breaks when I needed to. I didn't check email or get up while working.

Try it. I was trying to get 300 lines an hour for the day and ended up with 322 lines. Maybe I might get even faster as I go. But I thought I might pass that tip on. I hope it can help somebody else.

Thanks for this tip.. - sm

[ In Reply To ..]
I tried this for the past hour and I busted out some serious lines. I think I will start doing this from now on. Thanks!

VR strategy - bizzyfingers

[ In Reply To ..]
Steady eddie has the right idea. With voice recognition, you must challenge yourself by speeding up the dictation. In time, you should see a big increase in your line count. I used to work at a hospital and trained MTs on VR and at first, the hated it. After a while, they were doing better with VR than they were traditional. Some MTs felt it was a nice break from traditional typing. Just my viewpoint...

it's like giving yourself a raise - steady eddie

[ In Reply To ..]
Some days will be better than others, of course, but it makes the day go by better for me to see how well I can do if I try my best. Might as well make our time work for us, right?

Speeding - Happybutbroke

[ In Reply To ..]
I have tried speeding up to 200% on my VR but the sound gets pretty nasty up that far and I'm concerned about the quality...but maybe I shouldn't be if I'm not getting paid for quality anymore?

Similar Messages:

Any Information On TransTech? - Sm
Mar 06, 2013

Just wondering the good/bad about this company.  I tried to do google search, but did not come up with any up to date information on how this company is to work for.  Any info greatly appreciated. ...

Information About TransTech?
Apr 22, 2013

Can't really find any recent info.  Anyone have current or recent work experience they would car eto share?  Thanks so much. ...

Transtech - Any Bad Or Good?
Nov 19, 2009

what is transtech like? any bad or good? ...

TransTech - So Much Both Good And Bad?
Jan 02, 2011

I have seen so much both good and bad in the archives regarding TransTech but have never done VR and understand that is a big part of what they do now. They have two VR platforms (Escription and Powerscribe), but I have only heard about Escription (both good and bad), and I really don't know what to do if they make me an offer (they were interested in having me test after I spoke with them once they learned about my background).   I currently have a job that was great until they star ...

TransTech As Good As They Say?
Nov 28, 2012

Their ad paints a rosy picture - can it be this good? Also does not mention insurance per se, but does say benefits package is second to none? ...

TransTech- Good Company
Nov 19, 2013

I've been with TransTech for about 2 years, but I'm going to back to working with people now that I'm not having to deal with military moves anymore. I thought I'd pass along to the job hunters that TransTech is a good place- they pay on time, have a good work load consistently, and not too much ESL. It's not for you if you don't want to commit to 40 hours or work a few holidays, but it's an honest gig that you can make a living with. ...

Transtech - Out Of Texas Is A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 21, 2010

Can someone tell me if Transtech out of Texas is a good company to work for?  Is work plentiful?  The VR pay seems on the low side.  Does anyone earn a decent living with this company?  TIA. ...

TransTech - Good Or Bad? I've Read Positive And Negative - Sm
Feb 17, 2011

posts so far, about the same amount of each.  I was thinking about applying with them.  I heard they have good insurance, and that's very important to me because of my situation.  I also read that they have a lot of VR, and I've never done that before, but I'm going to have to learn sometime.  Any positive or negative comments are welcome.  Thanks!  ...

Looking For Any Information (good Or Bad) For Diskriter..sm
Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide. ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

TTS - Current Information Good, Bad
Sep 17, 2012

Was wondering if anyone has any current information good, bad and/or indifferent on this company--Transcription, Technology and Support, LLC?  Consistent work, fair pay (or as far as possible in this market), management/supervisors, QA?  Any 411 is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

TransTech Medical Solutions - Is It A Good Company To Work For?
Dec 13, 2011

Does anyone have any recent info on TransTech Medical Solutions?  Is it a good company to work for?  Decent pay and management?  Good amount of work?  Decent dictators?  Any information would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks. ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Seems A Good Time To Post This Information Again, For Any New Folks.
Mar 05, 2015

Please be aware that communicating with anyone privately via the email address you utilized to set up this account permits a straight path to your computer. The folks you would LEAST want to know who posted whatever you might have posted are VERY slick at coming off completely innocently when asking you to "please send this to me if you are not comfortable posting it to the board." This is your hint to say, "no thanks, I'll stick to the public board." If you slip up and do as they ask, thes ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

Re: TransTech ApplicationOn My TransTech Application Should I Fill In Favorite Work Types & Fav
Jan 11, 2011

On my Trans Tech application should I fill in favorite work types and favorite specialities or leave blank or put any? ...

Hypertype Information - Any Information
Feb 19, 2011

Any information on Hypertype?  Good, bad, and ugly, pay scale, platform?  TIA.  I have passed the test which I took a little more than a week ago.  They want to set up a phone interview but I want to know upfront what current ICs think.  Are they flexible.  Do you have a schedule.  Saw through the archives that the pay is low but how low is low?  TIA. ...

Can Anyone Recommend A Good Workstation With A Good Pullout Keyboard Tray
Dec 04, 2014

that is wide enough for a wrist rest.  This needs to be in my bedroom so cant be too huge.  I like the tower off the floor also.  Thanks.  ...

2014 - Not A Good Year For This MT â But I Found A Good Fit (finally)
Jan 12, 2015

Rarely do I start discussion on mtstars - however, 2014 was a particularly challenging year for myself - an experienced MT/Editor (15+ years). However, I realize that many other MTs may be in the same position, i.e., having many years devoted to working at the Big MTSOs including âthe M,â and âthe Nâ and (now to be included) âthe Tâ following close behind in total numbers of MT/Editors on staff. (Hint: Sure most of you know the M, the N and the T - and the names have been int ...

All Type QA - Good Money?? Good Company???
May 24, 2011

I have expierence with QA, although have never been paid production for it. I do enjoy QA more. Does anyone have expierence at All Type in QA? Are they reliable?? Do they pay well? I currently make about 32000/year and need more. Would this be doable? TIA!! ...

IMEDX Takeover...I Don't Have A Good Feeling About This. Does Anyone Have A Good Sm
Jul 07, 2012

experience with this company.  Sounds like they suck up our accounts and then pay us less than pennies to clean up the trash.  ...

Good Friday; Good Bye Spheris
Apr 02, 2010

Well Good Friday to me.  I left Spheris.  It is indeed the best Friday for me in a very long time.  I've had it with their lousy platform, Mafia QA (they try their best to kill your spirit), mandatory this, mandatory that, do this, don't do that, change this, don't change that; no, don't change this, don't change that, and on and on and on, and now their bankruptcy.  No PTO for the next 4 months to keep the clients satisfied during ...

TRANSTECH PAY
Nov 10, 2009

Anybody know what the pay is for transtech, VR and standard?  I am looking at applying. TIA ...

Transtech Rad
Nov 17, 2009

Anyone working at Transtech care to share whether there radiology accounts pay better than there acute care?  I currently work for them on acute care.  Thanks! ...

TransTech'ers, Is It Getting Any Better
Jan 25, 2010

nm ...

TransTech QA
Sep 04, 2010

Hi there fellow TT MTs:)  Do any of you ever have trouble with QA at TT.  Lately, I have been afraid to send anything in for correction, particularly 1 person, who dissects my reports down to crossing my Ts and dotting my Is.   I know she is probably just doing her job well, and I know being in QA is a hard job, but this is getting depressing. I am not a newbie by any means, and I know my job well.  Not criticizing here, just a little perplexed I guess.  Thanks everyone! ...

TransTech VR
Jun 22, 2011

Just wondering if you can do exclusively VR or exclusively traditional?  I thought it was mandatory that both be done, but I want to be sure. Do you like the ExText platform? ...

Does Anyone Know About TransTech?
Nov 06, 2010

Does anyone know about TransTech? ...

Has Anyone Gotten A TransTech W2 Yet?
Jan 27, 2011

nm ...