A community of 30,000 US Transcriptionist serving Medical Transcription Industry

Looking for any information (good or bad) for Diskriter..sm - radgirl

Posted: Feb 04, 2010

Thinking of applying with Diskriter for possible radiology or acute care position.  Looking to switch from IC to employee status.  I would like to know how the work load is, starting pay, incentives, and benefits package.  Thanks for any information you can provide.

Also, what type platform do they use? Thanks..nm - radgirl

[ In Reply To ..]
x

Diskriter - dh

[ In Reply To ..]
I do acute care for Diskriter as employee status. The account I work on has high volume work with mandatory overtime every week. The pay is average and if you dont meet the requirements they will actually LOWER your pay. There are no incentives but they do have a good benefits package. If you are mainly interested in being an employee with benefits and dont mind working all the time including weekends and holidays then I would apply. Also I am sure there are different platforms for different acounts, but my account uses a platform called Dolby, in which the voice and transcription arent integrated which is quite time consuming and "old school" if you ask me. I think if they updated their system maybe we could be more productive and there wouldnt be overtime every day. Hope this helps!

Yep, so true... - cindyoh

[ In Reply To ..]
Pretty sure I'm on this account with dh and agree. Hope you get hired to help out, ha-ha, I'm tired and we could use the help. Mandatory OT is a bummer mentally. One plus, the account itself is not difficult. Also not overly fond of the Dolbey-Fusion platform, seems clumsy, but was easy to adjust to and there's no VR on this account, which is what I wanted. Not fond of Diskriter's PTO policy, it's use-it-or-lose-it (at least on my account). Have asked twice for a few days off recently and was refused. Yeah, my tough luck, should have begun taking it immediately but I'm still a newbie, live and learn. But I'll say it again, thank God for the money to pay the bills, could be so much worse.

Craziness - dh

[ In Reply To ..]
I bet we are on the same account too Cindy. What I hate is, I agreed to work second shift in my acceptance letter, and I can count on one hand the time I have actually worked those hours. I always have to start early or work late because of the overtime. Its hard to plan things to do in the day because of always starting work early or if staying late being so tired the next day. I also put in for vacation time so I wont lose it and they told me I couldnt put it in so far in advance. I thought that would be an advantage for me to plan and for them as well. Now I am worried that I might not get it at all, and after March madness we are ALL going to need time off!

Similar Messages:

Does Anyone Have Current information On Diskriter?
May 27, 2011

Does anyone have current information on Diskriter?  I didn't find much on them in the archives that is current (just a couple of posts more recent than 2009).  I'm wondering about their management style, pay, platform, etc.  They sound like a stable company from the very few recent bits of information I found.  Thanks!  ...

DiskRiter Anything Good To Say?
Jun 07, 2012

Have applied at DR, read all the negative stuff on here, is there anything good? Bad situation at present job, hate to jump from the frying pan into the fire, but the pay offered at DR is better. Can anybody help me? ...

Diskriter ... Good, Bad, Ugly?
Oct 22, 2010

Any information about Diskriter...good, bad, ugly?  Do they pay on time?  Flexible with schedules?  Thank you! ...

What Is The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly With Diskriter?
May 19, 2011

What is the good, the bad, and the ugly with Diskriter?  I am looking for information about pay, benefits, how strict they are when it comes to schedules, management, available work, etc.  If you are new there, how was the interview?  Was there a lot of rah-rah gibberish about how great they are to reel you in or was it professional and straight to the point?  According to what I read in the archives they send you a computer, which is a bonus!  I have been with my present company for 8 ...

Good Or Bad, With Working For Diskriter
Aug 09, 2013

Hi everyone, If anyone has experience, good or bad, with working for Diskriter, could you please let me know.    I am applying with this company and want to know what I might be getting into. THANKS SO MUCH! ...

Looking For Information Good Or Bad On DTS America In TN. Thanks...nm
Mar 04, 2010

Would really appreciate any information on DTS America in Brentwood, TN.  Saw ad and thinking about applying, but would like to know if this is a bad company, then no need to waste my time.  ...

TransTech - Any Good (or Bad) Information?
Jul 28, 2010

Interested in working for TransTech.  Any good (or bad) information?  ...

TTS - Current Information Good, Bad
Sep 17, 2012

Was wondering if anyone has any current information good, bad and/or indifferent on this company--Transcription, Technology and Support, LLC?  Consistent work, fair pay (or as far as possible in this market), management/supervisors, QA?  Any 411 is greatly appreciated.  Thanks! ...

Any Information On Softscript...good Or Bad...appreciated.
Oct 14, 2011

nm ...

Seems A Good Time To Post This Information Again, For Any New Folks.
Mar 05, 2015

Please be aware that communicating with anyone privately via the email address you utilized to set up this account permits a straight path to your computer. The folks you would LEAST want to know who posted whatever you might have posted are VERY slick at coming off completely innocently when asking you to "please send this to me if you are not comfortable posting it to the board." This is your hint to say, "no thanks, I'll stick to the public board." If you slip up and do as they ask, thes ...

Does Anyone Know A Good Site With Cancer Tumor Marker Information?
Mar 26, 2010

I am starting to type quite a few cancer reports, and there are so many tumor markers for the various types of cancer. I probably should invest in a new Stedman's Oncology but don't have the extra $$ right now. Does anyone know a site that might help me figure these out? On web sites i've found, there doesn't seem to be much consistency in putting in hyphens (like CA25, CA 125, CA-125, etc.). ...

Diskriter :: Enough Work At Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Is there enough work at Diskriter most of the time or feast or famine like other companies? ...

Is Softscript A Good Company To Work For? Is There Plenty Of Work? Any Information Is Helpful.
Feb 05, 2010

Looking for input about Softscript, good or bad.  ...

Diskriter?
Jul 27, 2010

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with Diskriter.   Thanks ...

WHAT Is Going On With DISKRITER
Oct 20, 2011

Anybody know reasons for the strangeness lately?  Seriously... things are a bit well unusual... maybe it is me... ...

Anybody Know What Is Going On At Diskriter?
Nov 06, 2011

Work is low and just a strange sense in the air.  I have my own theories, but would be interested in any ideas.   ...

Thank You, Diskriter!!
Dec 23, 2011

I have been happily working for Diskriter for the past few years, and I just got an amazon gift card for the holidays!  They thanked me for my hard work this year.  I LOVE this company; it is nice to know that I am appreciated!!!   What a nice touch.  Happy Holidays, all! ...

Anybody Know What's Up With Diskriter?
Oct 21, 2013

Anybody know what's up with Diskriter?  Got laid off Friday, now can't get ahold of Hr to retrieve my 401K. ...

Diskriter Anything?
Jul 16, 2014

What can anyone tell me about Diskriter?  How is the QA dept from both the QAS point of view and the MT point of view.  How is the company to work for?  Good and bad ? ...

Has Anyone Seen The Ad From Diskriter On
Aug 26, 2014

They pay 5.5 cents a line for STRAIGHT typing?  Are they insane?  I hope they don't think any of us are THAT desperate.  WTH? ...

Diskriter
Sep 02, 2014

Does anyone have any information or opinions regarding Diskriter?  I was wondering if they were a good company to possibly work for. ...

Diskriter Outsources
Oct 20, 2009

I did not realize that Diskriter outsoursces.   Has anyone else knowledge of this? ...

DISKRITER INFO?
Nov 19, 2009

Any info.  May be looking soon.... ...

I Was Fired From Diskriter ...
Aug 13, 2010

I was fired from diskriter because I had quality but not the quantity. ...

KEYSTROKES OR DISKRITER BEST?
Aug 25, 2010

Any preference between the 2 companies and why?  Please help me make a decision.  ...

Diskriter Info PLEASE
Nov 01, 2010

I'm going to apply with this company and would like to know how those of you who have been there a while like the company. Total honesty please. How often do you run out? Do they communicate well? I hate having to switch companies, but the work load at Webmedx has me extremely worried. I just want to work. I am a faithful employee and look forward to each anniversary with one company, long term, but I can't do this anymore. ...

Considering Applying To Diskriter
Nov 15, 2010

I am considering applying to Diskriter.  I just received an email with some questions.  I am wanting to know any info on the criminal background check.  I had some hot checks about 7-10 years ago and paid them off then, but am worried about this background check and also my credit is not that great.  Could someone please clue me in?  Also, do you need to take a picture of your desk/work area to work there?  I have a alcove in my bedroom where I do my work since I live in an apartment.  I ...

Anything About Diskriter Out Of Pennsylvania?
Nov 22, 2010

Does anyone here work for or know anything about Diskriter out of Pennsylvania? I'm thinking about applying with them, and I don't see any previous comments about them. ...

M Modal Diskriter
Sep 07, 2011

Any opinions/experiences on M Modal platform at Diskriter or on the company itself? ...

The Demise Of Diskriter
Feb 11, 2012

As a long time MT at DR, I find the undoing of Diskriter to be most upsetting.  Anyone else have any thoughts?  People have left in great numbers and continue to leave.  Global has taken all but a small amount of our work in TR....and those in management could care less about us.  I am moving on, but just wondered if others have had this experience?   ...